Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,485 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

The Bible: The Book Of God, Man Or Both. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible: The Book Of God, Man Or Both. (654 Views)

The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written / The Christian- The god-man( The Fullness Of God In Man) / COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bible: The Book Of God, Man Or Both. by olamkas: 4:20pm On Jul 16, 2017
The bible is today faced with soo many criticisms due to many contradictions, manipulations, errors, heresies and gruesome inconsistencies.
A simple example of such is this;

First verse
Numbers 23:19 New King James Version (NKJV)
“God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should repent.
Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?
Second verse
Genesis 6:6King James Version (KJV)
And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

There are so many of such including stories with sexual inclinations.
Who can please clarify the ones above and generally.
Re: The Bible: The Book Of God, Man Or Both. by Baawaa(m): 4:28pm On Jul 16, 2017
Bible is not for polluted mind,
Re: The Bible: The Book Of God, Man Or Both. by Nutase: 4:40pm On Jul 16, 2017
You are so ignorant and lazy not to put the sentence into context before drawing a conclusion.

Repent in Gen 6:6 in the context of the full sentence means regret.
In Num 23:9 the word repent means to change.

Next time learn to read with an open mind and go and re-enrol in an English d.class to understand that one word can have numerous meanings based on the context in which it is use
Re: The Bible: The Book Of God, Man Or Both. by olamkas: 7:55pm On Jul 16, 2017
I never requested for insult but clarification. Okay please tell me what the past tense of repent is and also tell me where you found your repentent in the verse.
Don't you even think the word 'regret' is belittling to the majesty of GOD? Please ponder over it
Nutase:
You are so ignorant and lazy not to put the sentence into context before drawing a conclusion.

Repentent in Gen 6:6 in the context of the full sentence means regret.
In Num 23:9 the word repent means to change.

Next time learn to read with an open mind and go and re-enrol in an English class to understand that one word can have numerous meanings based on the context in which it is used.
Re: The Bible: The Book Of God, Man Or Both. by olamkas: 8:02pm On Jul 16, 2017
PSALM 78:65

Then the Lord rose up as though waking from sleep, like a warrior aroused from a drunken stupor.

enlighten me on this verse as to what it teaches us
Re: The Bible: The Book Of God, Man Or Both. by olamkas: 8:07pm On Jul 16, 2017
Will someone please tell me what we can call these acts below and what lesson we can take from these 'words' of God?

Genesis 19:30-38 (New International Version (NIV)

30 Lot and his two daughters left Zoar and settled in the mountains, for he was afraid to stay in Zoar. He and his two daughters lived in a cave. 31 One day the older daughter said to the younger, “Our father is old, and there is no man around here to give us children—as is the custom all over the earth. 32 Let’s get our father to drink wine and then sleep with him and preserve our family line through our father.”

33 That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and slept with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

34 The next day the older daughter said to the younger, “Last night I slept with my father. Let’s get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and sleep with him so we can preserve our family line through our father.” 35 So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went in and slept with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

36 So both of Lot’s daughters became pregnant by their father. 37 The older daughter had a son, and she named him Moab[a]; he is the father of the Moabites of today. 38 The younger daughter also had a son, and she named him Ben-Ammi[b]; he is the father of the Ammonites[c] of today.
Re: The Bible: The Book Of God, Man Or Both. by olamkas: 8:28pm On Jul 16, 2017
but bible itself is polluted my dear and i will give you some of the pollution here.

1.REPORTED INCEST FROM A PROPHET OF GOD
Genesis 19:30-38 New International Version (NIV)

Lot and His Daughters
30 Lot and his two daughters left Zoar and settled in the mountains, for he was afraid to stay in Zoar. He and his two daughters lived in a cave. 31 One day the older daughter said to the younger, “Our father is old, and there is no man around here to give us children—as is the custom all over the earth. 32 Let’s get our father to drink wine and then sleep with him and preserve our family line through our father.”

33 That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and slept with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

34 The next day the older daughter said to the younger, “Last night I slept with my father. Let’s get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and sleep with him so we can preserve our family line through our father.” 35 So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went in and slept with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

36 So both of Lot’s daughters became pregnant by their father. 37 The older daughter had a son, and she named him Moab[a]; he is the father of the Moabites of today. 38 The younger daughter also had a son, and she named him Ben-Ammi[b]; he is the father of the Ammonites[c] of today.

2. NOAH GOT DRUNK AND NAKED (A PROPHET SENT TO MANKIND)

20 And Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard:

21 And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent.

3. The bible encourages the depressed to drink and forget about their worries

[Proverbs 31:6-7] “Give strong drink to him who is ready to perish, and wine to those that be of heavy hearts. Let him drink and forget his poverty and remember his misery no more.”

That is what the homeless in new york are doing, drinking and forgetting their misery but in the process create a viscious cycle in whch the alcohol keeps them on the road being the leading cause and commonality about all homeless. But hey, the holy of holies says do it!
Baawaa:
Re: The Bible: The Book Of God, Man Or Both. by olamkas: 8:29pm On Jul 16, 2017
Baawaa:

but bible itself is polluted my dear and i will give you some of the pollution here.

1.REPORTED INCEST FROM A PROPHET OF GOD
Genesis 19:30-38 New International Version (NIV)

Lot and His Daughters

2. NOAH GOT DRUNK AND Unclad (A PROPHET SENT TO MANKIND)

20 And Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard:

21 And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent.

3. The bible encourages the depressed to drink and forget about their worries

[Proverbs 31:6-7] “Give strong drink to him who is ready to perish, and wine to those that be of heavy hearts. Let him drink and forget his poverty and remember his misery no more.”

That is what the homeless in new york are doing, drinking and forgetting their misery but in the process create a viscious cycle in whch the alcohol keeps them on the road being the leading cause and commonality about all homeless. But hey, the holy of holies says do it!
Re: The Bible: The Book Of God, Man Or Both. by Nutase: 9:03pm On Jul 16, 2017
olamkas:
I never requested for insult but clarification. Okay please tell me what the past tense of repent is and also tell me where you found your repentent in the verse.
Don't you even think the word 'regret' is belittling to the majesty of GOD? Please ponder over it
that spelling was an error. I meant to write repent.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 05/08/17 / Signs Of Prejudice In The Bible / God Saved Me From Plane Crash – Bishop Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.