Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (390529 Views)

Yankee To Naija: Thoughts And Experiences / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by kaydp: 5:07pm On Sep 21, 2019
Dremca:
What an irony of life. You carry lunch box and water bottle to work, if na for naija, your colleagues go dey yab you say you be mummy's pet, say you no be big boy.
Ahan people do it in Naija na. Some of my former colleagues used to come to work with their lunch boxes. But not with water bottle though because there was water dispenser. No biggie

5 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 21, 2019
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 21, 2019
MackyNaija:

I already said I am a US permanent resident now.
Oversabi people take note - The card says 'USA perman3nt resid3nt', nothing like 'conditional' is written on it. tongue

@MackyNaija, the state department announced this morning that the green card lottery program application for 2021 dey start this October. Sadly, naija na the only ineligible African country. E don be like this since 2015. Make dem give us another chance na abegsad

4 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by kroger: 10:32pm On Sep 21, 2019
lyrondee:
Wow! Been a while on Nairaland say 5months, lol..Nice Job bro..
Anyone in Atlanta? wanna meet up for the weekend?

Sup bro.. Will be in ATL next weekend. Let's hook up..PM sent.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 11:58pm On Sep 21, 2019
tintedniggz:

Don't be surprised if you get someone that has such kinda of time variability as well lol.....Everybody just dey rough ham ni
I use Waze often.
I'm try the app.

Dremca:
What an irony of life. You carry lunch box and water bottle to work, if na for naija, your colleagues go dey yab you say you be mummy's pet, say you no be big boy.
Who get time to form for here? cheesy
I pack lunch from home, cannot be throwing away money on eating out.

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 11:59pm On Sep 21, 2019
Leone26:

@MackyNaija, the state department announced this morning that the green card lottery program application for 2021 dey start this October. Sadly, naija na the only ineligible African country. E don be like this since 2015. Make dem give us another chance na abegsad
I saw the news, there are numerous Nigerians in the US already. Let others have a chance.

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 12:01am On Sep 22, 2019
More locations I intend to visit...

3 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 12:03am On Sep 22, 2019
Final set of locations...

5 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 12:04am On Sep 22, 2019
I was at the SanFrancisco location in June
And
The Oakland location this September,

I'll post the pictures after editing them.

6 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by lyrondee: 1:49am On Sep 22, 2019
tizzdi:
boss u no drop transcript nothing nothing
I did nah bro.. Student visa thread
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by lyrondee: 1:51am On Sep 22, 2019
kroger:

Sup bro.. Will be in ATL next weekend. Let's hook up..PM sent.
PM Replied.. Which Part of Atl? Am SW cool
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 6:42pm On Sep 22, 2019
I'll talk about marriage and how it can make or mar your future in this country.

A friend in my circle of friends just died this morning, 32 years old (+- 2 years). He had been on life support for 48 hours and it is connected to the lady he married. cry cry cry

12 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by DAramis: 6:56pm On Sep 22, 2019
MackyNaija:
I'll talk about marriage and how it can make or mar your future in this country.

A friend in my circle of friends just died this morning, 32 years old (+- 2 years). He had been on life support for 48 hours and it is connected to the lady he married. cry cry cry
Really an unfortunate situation cry cry
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 4:46am On Sep 23, 2019
I attended a wedding in Dallas this March where I met other young men like me trying to create a path for themselves in the country.

Was found on Friday, passed out in his sleep and not breathing. Took the ems personnels with defibrillators to get a pulse.

He passed on this morning... in a coma, low blood pressure, kidney failure and low brain activity possibly due to oxygen deprivation.
All these problems for one body to handle. cry

The issue cannot be overstressed, have a legitimate stay by sticking to the terms of your student visa and try not to fall out of status. The more legitimate you are, the less worries you have.
My wife cried when she heard he was hospitalized, she didn't even know him.

Na so the gentleman take go. So sad... The last 48 hours have been gloomy... cry

I hope he is in a better place - a place of peace and calm.

11 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by gracefoundmme(m): 7:27am On Sep 23, 2019
MackyNaija:

Na so the gentleman take go. So sad... The last 48 hours have been gloomy... cry

Such is Life...
What a pity
R.I.P .. embarassed
May God keep us all well.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Beautyaddy: 1:57pm On Sep 23, 2019
MackyNaija:
I attended a wedding in Dallas this March where I met other young men like me trying to create a path for themselves in the country.

Was found on Friday, passed out in his sleep and not breathing. Took the ems personnels with defibrillators to get a pulse.

He passed on this morning... in a coma, low blood pressure, kidney failure and low brain activity possibly due to oxygen deprivation.
All these problems for one body to handle. cry

The issue cannot be overstressed, have a legitimate stay by sticking to the terms of your student visa and try not to fall out of status. The more legitimate you are, the less worries you have.
My wife cried when she heard he was hospitalized, she didn't even know him.

Huh?...what does this statement have to do with your friend's death?

There are still thousands of people without legal status living for years in the US and they're still living.

8 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by AngelicBeing: 9:26am On Sep 24, 2019
Beautyaddy:

There are still thousands of people without legal status living for years in the US and they're still living.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 8:43pm On Sep 25, 2019
Beautyaddy:

In summary,

From my point of view, there is a difference between living and merely existing...
Non-legal status people are merely existing.

They'd encounter numerous restrictions in their everyday life and if they are comfortable with it, there will be no problem.

When one desires more from life with a non-legal status, that's when the frustrations, thinking, wrong moves and problems start to set in.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 8:51pm On Sep 25, 2019
*Monetary Analysis*

I remember before my graduation around April, my brother told me of a friend in his circle told them that was making $60k abi na $70k WITHOUT a legal status...

I laughed... Why?

i. Less than 1 year in the country

ii. Works in a warehouse

iii. NOT in California where min wage could be as high as $15-$22 for a trainee

iv. 2080 working hrs per year @ $10 = $20k

Double that salary sef na $40k annual salary (taking into consideration higher wage or overtime and no taxes)...

^this is MY best case scenario for a non-legal doing 'legitimate' work (not ctrl+c, ctrl+v).

If Existing = $25k (normal reality with all the stress)
And Living = $65k (normal reality for a legal doing legitimate work with a Bsc in engineering)

How person no go get high b.p and the associated complications as an illegal trying to 'Live'.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 9:12pm On Sep 25, 2019
In summary,

On the second part of your question about remaining in status...

One of my papa brothers for USA, my personal person for many years before I arrived in this country..

I arrived in July 2017, barely 30days after, he stopped taking my calls..

He emailed me in August 2019 and said he will report me to US immigration shocked shocked shocked This man get my Sev1s record, i20, most likely my passport too..

If I was out of status what would have happened??
What would he have done out of wickedness?
What would I have done out of desperation?
What would have been my blood pressure reading?

Who can guess what I told him? cheesy
$500 will be yours..
Sorry, I meant $5. grin grin grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by gondon(m): 9:25pm On Sep 25, 2019
That if he doesn't, the shame will be on him.

MackyNaija:
In summary,

One of my papa brothers for USA, my personal person for many years before I arrived in this country..

He emailed me in August 2019 and said he will report me to US immigration shocked shocked shocked This man get my Sev1s record, i20, most likely my passport too..

$500 will be yours..
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Snipespeter: 11:30pm On Sep 25, 2019
MackyNaija:
In summary,

$500 will be yours..

You just told him to mess off

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by tizzdi(m): 1:21am On Sep 26, 2019
MackyNaija:
In summary,

On the seco what I told him? cheesy
$500 will be yours..
to go ahead of cause grin
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by lillaowow(m): 4:03am On Sep 26, 2019
MackyNaija:

People won't understand.

Lots of people just wanna come here and "get papers". No analysis how they plan to achieve that, what kind of person they can cope with.

From my personal experience, peace of mind na d koko dating out here..

Because you dey find paali doesn't mean you throw away common sense,

Don't marry an addict ( except maybe you sef na most high)

Be weary of ladies multiple kids with different baby daddies

No go near "I'll call police on you" kind of lady

No go near the "monkey dey work, baboon dey chop" ladies (except maybe na una arrangement be dat). If u do, una go work yourself to death with nothing to show for it.

Run from the "I'll fukkk you up, ni**a" lady

Be careful of "why is your sperm so little, you've been fukking around, I wanna measure it" ladies

Be very very careful of the ones that'll trick you into marriage then refuse to file your paali. Iron things out before una carry yourself go court.

And you sef, no pass your boundary. Let your yes be yes and no be no. No dey play "rough play", dey "scope" people up and down thinking water no go pass your garri.

America is hard, and will be harder if una no legit

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by hammed71(m): 9:04am On Sep 26, 2019
lillaowow:

People won't understand.

Lots of people just wanna come here and "get papers". No analysis how they plan to achieve that, what kind of person they can cope with.

From my personal experience, peace of mind na d koko dating out here..

Because you dey find paali doesn't mean you throw away common sense,

Don't marry an addict ( except maybe you sef na most high)

Be weary of ladies multiple kids with different baby daddies

No go near "I'll call police on you" kind of lady

No go near the "monkey dey work, baboon dey chop" ladies (except maybe na una arrangement be dat). If u do, una go work yourself to death with nothing to show for it.

Run from the "I'll Bleep you up, ni**a" lady

Be careful of "why is your sperm so little, you've been fukking around, I wanna measure it" ladies

Be very very careful of the ones that'll trick you into marriage then refuse to file your paali. Iron things out before una Carey yourself go court.

And you sef, no pass your boundary. Let your yes be yes and no be no. No dey play "rough play", dey "scope" people up and down thinking water no go pass your garri.

America is hard, and will be harder if una no legit
That is why I will never marry a woman for pali

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by hammed71(m): 9:06am On Sep 26, 2019
MackyNaija:
In summary,

$500 will be yours..
bro its best you stay away from that your useless uncle, Thank God say man no be God
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Ugosample(m): 10:59am On Sep 26, 2019
MackyNaija:
In summary,

r

$500 will be yours..

just imagine

That man should be cut out of your life
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by BrightFuture48: 5:18pm On Sep 26, 2019
MackyNaija:
In summary,

$500 will be yours..
Wow! this is serious. He must have been very furious seeing you making it to US in the first place. Then patiently waiting for your student visa to expire before unleashing his evil and diabolical action.

You should have told him to his face to go to hell and rot in there...lol

Pls give us details about the whole thing bros, so that we can learn more from your story.

Wishing more GREATER successes that will confound and send him and his ilks to their early grave.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Kendrix69(m): 5:24pm On Sep 26, 2019
MackyNaija:
In summary,

$500 will be yours..
Woow! let me guess. " Bleep off"? also come and finish the story Please.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 8:17pm On Sep 26, 2019
I just saw a thread on the front page - "cost of rent in Abia abi Aba"...
I started to laugh. cheesy

The cost of living is what I hate about California... Hate, not dislike.

Dec 2017, Tx... I bought gas for about $1.99. it currently sells around $2.30 for a gallon.
Cali sells for around $4.00 embarassed

For rent, don't go there! angry angry angry cry
Anything around $1400 is usually for sub letting.

San Antonio, Tx.. $850 for complete 1 bedroom. My guy there is very likely living like E-m0ney. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 8:33pm On Sep 26, 2019
gondon:
That if he doesn't, the shame will be on him.

Snipespeter:

You just told him to mess off

tizzdi:
to go ahead of cause grin

hammed71:
bro its best you stay away from that your useless uncle, Thank God say man no be God

Ugosample:

just imagine

That man should be cut out of your life

BrightFuture48:
...patiently waiting for your student visa to expire before unleashing his evil and diabolical action.

You should have told him to his face to go to hell and rot in there...lol

Kendrix69:

Woow! let me guess. " Bleep off"? also come and finish the story Please.

You all are tooooo nice!

A friend of mine in undergrad once asked me to define 'Anger', I did..

That was the day I learnt -
Annoyance is different from Anger which is different from Rage....

He sent me a simple but wicked two line email inferring he will report me to the US immigration.

I mad!!! angry angry angry I was EnrAGeD! angry

I instantly gave him a schooling about what being in status meant + plus additional blasting that weekend. My email was longgg... Like 50 lines. cheesy
I searched for the DHS number to report the matter because he was and still is capable of worse than libel+defamation. Couldn't find a number that suites my complaint.

That night I couldn't sleep, my wife knew I was ready to do worse than sending an email.

The next morning, a Monday - I blast am worse than the previous day. My blood was boiling! And I was physically shaking, rarely slept all night. Rage no good o.
As him say I no go live peacefully, him too no go rest!
Told him this wasn't naija and his intimidation and planned defamation does not scare me and I wouldn't tolerate it.

Before the week ended, I was still mad men... Morning, afternoon and night... I was thinking about him. Almost a full week....
3rd email naim I curse am with style cheesy
Reminded him of all his fuckups since US independence. I tell am say if him message me again... Na police go seperate two of us fight cheesy
Not exactly sha. grin

Na naija we go settle this fight. The insult too much.
Big man wey deh behave like small pikin.

18 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Kendrix69(m): 9:27pm On Sep 26, 2019
MackyNaija:

Lol

You all are tooooo nice!

A friend of mine in undergrad once asked me to define 'Anger', I did..

That was the day I learnt -
Annoyance is different from Anger which is different from Rage....

He sent me a simple but wicked two line email inferring he will report me to the US immigration.

I mad!!! angry angry angry I was EnrAGeD! angry

I instantly gave him a schooling about what being in status meant + plus additional blasting that weekend. My email was longgg... Like 50 lines. cheesy
I searched for the DHS number to report the matter because he was and still is capable of worse than libel+defamation. Couldn't find a number that suites my complaint.

That night I couldn't sleep, my wife knew I was ready to do worse than sending an email.

The next morning, a Monday - I blast am worse than the previous day. My blood was boiling! And I was physically shaking, rarely slept all night. Rage no good o.
As him say I no go live peacefully, him too no go rest!
Told him this wasn't naija and his intimidation and planned defamation does not scare me and I wouldn't tolerate it.

Before the week ended, I was still mad men... Morning, afternoon and night... I was thinking about him. Almost a full week....
3rd email naim I curse am with style cheesy
Reminded him of all his fuckups since US independence. I tell am say if him message me again... Na police go seperate two of us fight cheesy
Not exactly sha. grin

Na naija we go settle this fight. The insult too much.
Big man wey deh behave like small pikin.

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (109) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.