Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (390612 Views)

Yankee To Naija: Thoughts And Experiences / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Hadampson(m): 9:08am On Sep 10, 2019
MackyNaija:

Truly people are watching.

I met a guy in my school, he said it never crossed his mind he could come school in the US.

From reading my thread, the thought crept in...

From thinking about it, he started seriously playing with the tots in his head...

From head games, he did a few permutation, addition and subtraction in real life...

Months later, he 'found' himself in the US and now enrolled for a Masters.

Hadampson, keep up the ginger, you never know who your ginger will ginger into taking a bold step to come to the better world.

Thanks for the head up boss smiley

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Makaveli1166(m): 10:40am On Sep 10, 2019
Hadampson:

Thanks for the head up boss smiley
my nigga you just dey everywhere like uber. God go surely do am for you make you japa from this jungle too...

4 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by tpiar: 10:44am On Sep 10, 2019
Makaveli1166:
my nigga you just dey everywhere like uber. God go surely do am for you make you japa from this jungle too...

How do you think other African countries feel reading stuff like this?

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by WIZGUY69(m): 11:46am On Sep 10, 2019
MackyNaija:

Some of these things are not special here. Every American dreams of getting a house someday and in most cities, you have to drive - public transport is almost non-existent.

If you want 2020 model, you go see collect and go begin pay small small.

If you be naija Yankee engineer, FOR EXAMPLE you earn 70k per annum (no be my salary be that o cheesy, I still be small boy), monthly take-home should be around 5k.

You can easily buy any used car between 7-15k without sweating it. Motor no be big man.

This is Life man, cool
In Developing countries, you must be within the Upper Class and Top middle class before you will think about using the latest models of cars.
Cheers Boss.

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Hadampson(m): 1:33pm On Sep 10, 2019
Makaveli1166:

Amen oh. Are you still in Nigeria??
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Hadampson(m): 1:35pm On Sep 10, 2019
tpiar:

A patriotic citizen spotted grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Hadampson(m): 1:35pm On Sep 10, 2019
MackyNaija, come give us update na tongue
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by tpiar: 2:42pm On Sep 10, 2019
Hadampson:

A patriotic citizen spotted grin grin

Calling me names doesn't answer the question.

I won't ask your tribe but quit this behavior, stop calling for a mob.

Just modify your comments is all instead of giving everybody a bad name.

The US na your ownership sef?

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 3:37pm On Sep 10, 2019
Hadampson:
MackyNaija, come give us update na tongue

Thunder fire you! grin you be real evil.

I look like jobless man to you? sad grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 3:52pm On Sep 10, 2019
ONLINE APPLICATIONS or CAREER FAIRS
part A

Though online applications still work for some people, career fairs are the ultimate - you skip the shenanigans associated with everything that happens to your online application and get to talk to a human.

For new students,

- Keep your resume to one page, reduce the font to as little as 11pts if you want to. it will still be legible.

- Do researches on what the 'Applicant Tracking System', ATS is. When you know how it works, you can know how to maneuver your way around in so your resume can get to an HR human eyes.

Modification ongoing...

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 4:03pm On Sep 10, 2019
Online Applications or Career Fairs
part B

- Decide on what you wanna be; quality, process, software or any other kind of engineer, first decide on that then read between 20 - 50 job descriptions having that title.

- By now, you know what is required of you and what should be on your resume. Put the exact job title or something closely related as Your job title; it's not forgery - some job titles are company specific or related to your industry/field but you are doing exactly what 'title so and so' requires.

- How many non-technical HR persons know what a 'Thinfilm deposition, magneto-optic kerr effect and NCT measurement machine operator' is??
or 'Measurement/Logging While drilling engineer' is??

In job title 1 - process and quality engineer work naim you deh do.
In job title 2 - project engineer, quality engineer + data analysis work naim you deh do.

Learning a little more things + new knowledge gained in graduate school can turn those long job descriptions into what HR wants you to be.

Modification ongoing...

23 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 4:10pm On Sep 10, 2019
Online Applications or Career Fairs
part C

Now that you have chosen what you wanna be, start learning new things so you'll be competitive.

For those with little to no job experience, do not leave your resume blank. As little as 3 months or 1 year of experiences can be padded to make a full page of resume. How?

- Add 'graduate courses/relevant coursework/course projects' section on your resume. Load it up with relevant items to the job role you are chasing.

You can use only one of those headings or split into two or three different parts on your resume.

Modification Ongoing

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Hadampson(m): 4:15pm On Sep 10, 2019
tpiar:

Calling me names doesn't answer the question.

I won't ask your tribe but quit this behavior, stop calling for a mob.

Just modify your comments is all instead of giving everybody a bad name.

The US na your ownership sef?

Boss, i meant no harm with my post and calling you a patriot isn't a bad thing except if it's inappropriate to you.

3 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Hadampson(m): 4:16pm On Sep 10, 2019
MackyNaija:

Thunder fire you! grin you be real evil.

I look like jobless man to you? sad grin grin
grin grin

I know you are working na, all am asking is just 10 minutes out of 24 hours cheesy

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Makaveli1166(m): 10:10pm On Sep 10, 2019
tpiar:

how do you mean?. I'm just been realistic in contrast to the camatoic condition of that jungle called Niger-area. think about it.

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Makaveli1166(m): 10:13pm On Sep 10, 2019
Hadampson:

Amen oh. Are you still in Nigeria??
no I'm in Ivory Coast for vacation... so I can be able to concentrate and re-strategize.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 10, 2019
it,better to die in south africa, dan return,back to nigeria

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Hadampson(m): 9:19am On Sep 11, 2019
Makaveli1166:
no I'm in Ivory Coast for vacation... so I can be able to concentrate and re-strategize.

Glad to hear that smiley
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by JandyJ(m): 11:29am On Sep 11, 2019
MackyNaija:
STUDENT LOANS

As I said before, I and a few of my friends are beneficiaries of student loans.

Invest $40k for a Masters in engineering (mostly less than that) and make at least 65k in the first year, 75k in the third year and 85k+ after the 7th year - a sensible investment if you ask me.

I got a loan from a lender that usually does not lend to my institution, either it was my high GPA, previous work experience or the fact that they were careless about my application? I cannot tell.

Here's what I know - mp0wer, st1lt or pr0digy can give you a loan without a co-signer as an international student.
Check up the list of schools they support and apply to those schools. Use a normal naija bank statement to get a visa and come to the US to chase our dream with the loan you secured.

Any questions?
I'll answer to the best of my ability.

Pls can these money lenders support traveling expenses?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by tizzdi(m): 11:32am On Sep 11, 2019
MackyNaija:
STUDENT LOANS

Invest $40k for a Masters in engineering (mostly less than that) and make at least 65k in the first year, 75k in the third year and 85k+ after the 7th year - a sensible investment if you ask me.

I got a loan from a lender that usually does not lend to my institution, either it was my high GPA, previous work experience or the fact that they were careless about my application? I cannot tell.

Here's what I know - mp0wer, st1lt or pr0digy can give you a loan without a co-signer as an international student.
Check up the list of schools they support and apply to those schools. Use a normal naija bank statement to get a visa and come to the US to chase our dream with the loan you secured.

Any questions?

boss how possible it is to get a loan that’s immediately getting admission without any previous work experience?...lets say a fresh uni grad from naija?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Haryanfhe: 12:22pm On Sep 11, 2019
Pls I sent you a PM, I'm new here. I have some challenges as reagrds German student visa. I'll appreciate if you can reply. Thank you �
Hadampson:

grin grin

I know you are working na, all am asking is just 10 minutes out of 24 hours cheesy
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Hadampson(m): 1:48pm On Sep 11, 2019
Haryanfhe:
Pls I sent you a PM, I'm new here. I have some challenges as reagrds German student visa. I'll appreciate if you can reply. Thank you �

Hmm.... Okay, kein problem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by muzzling17(f): 2:22pm On Sep 11, 2019
I found this post last night and I can’t beil I read it from 0-51 in a day..thanks so much for the enlightenment and insight @macky..
The American dream is truly possible with strong determination
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Paccus: 5:09pm On Sep 11, 2019
MackyNaija:
A reminder for myself on a few points I need to touch -

These will be addressed based on my Personal Experiences.
wow Boss, i just found this post and it has boosted my dreams..Thanks a lot for sharing, i hope that you give answers to this points you have highlighted..
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 1:02am On Sep 13, 2019
JandyJ:

Pls can these money lenders support traveling expenses?
I posted earlier that you should to an extent be able to take care of the 'minor' expenses so the lenders take care of the major.

You'll need a legit sponsor's bank account to clear the embassy in nigeria.

tizzdi:
boss how possible it is to get a loan that’s immediately getting admission without any previous work experience?...lets say a fresh uni grad from naija?
If you can get admitted into a top school, I know pr0digy sees that as a good sign that you are a prospect.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 1:03am On Sep 13, 2019
Who knows an android app I can use to blue or paint over car plate numbers?

Got some pictures I can't paste due to the visible plates.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by TheGrandChemist(m): 2:36am On Sep 13, 2019
MackyNaija:

I think you can use your Google photo app to achieve that.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by lionlee216(m): 6:15am On Sep 13, 2019
MackyNaija:

Post your customised plate number joor
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Hadampson(m): 6:29am On Sep 13, 2019
MackyNaija:

Photo editor pro

Camera 360

PicsArt photo studio

Photowonder

Photo Editor by Aviary

Photo Effects Pro

Pixlr

Snapseed

Try any of these applications smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by JandyJ(m): 10:46am On Sep 13, 2019
MackyNaija:

I posted earlier that you should to an extent be able to take care of the 'minor' expenses so the lenders take care of the major.

You'll need a legit sponsor's bank account to clear the embassy in nigeria.

If you can get admitted into a top school, I know pr0digy sees that as a good sign that you are a prospect.

Alright tanks.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 12:40am On Sep 14, 2019
lionlee216:

Post your customised plate number joor

Hahahaha! grin I go tell SirHamjl to help me slap you!

Who dash me customized?

TheGrandChemist:

I think you can use your Google photo app to achieve that.
This hasn't worked.

Hadampson:

Photo editor pro

Camera 360

PicsArt photo studio

Photowonder

Photo Editor by Aviary

Photo Effects Pro

Pixlr

Snapseed

Try any of these applications smiley

I'll try them tonight. Cannor jes be pasting people's cars with their plates here.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by rinzaugustine: 9:02pm On Sep 14, 2019
MackyNaija:
STUDENT LOANS

Any questions?

Does the $40k cover tuition ,board and feeding or do you have to work to supplement

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (109) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.