Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,830 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Effectiveness Of Student Unionism In Campus- OLORUNSOMO SMART - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Effectiveness Of Student Unionism In Campus- OLORUNSOMO SMART (549 Views)

ABSU Resumes Academic Activities In Campus / 8 Skills Every Nigerian Student Needs To Survive In Campus / Kogi Govt Bans Unionism In State-owned Tertiary Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Effectiveness Of Student Unionism In Campus- OLORUNSOMO SMART by Smart360News: 7:22am On Jul 17, 2017
_”Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world”_ NELSON MANDELA.

Students unionism is widely believed to be an instrument via which organization of student is maintained.

Students unionism were established in various institutions of higher learning to give room for unity, orderliness and smooth transmission between students, school authorities, also State and Federal Government.

Unionism in higher institutions does not know the key objectives for which they were established.
Some sees it as freedom to enjoy and as opportunity to cause mayhem and anarchy in their institutions.

It is true that there are legitimate issues of poor service and maladministration for which students should feel genuinely aggrieved, but it has since been proven that violence is not a solution to any problem. Instead of violence, peaceful protests is defiantly a more viable option in getting authorities to listen to students grievances and explore opportunity for dialogue.

If the peaceful protest fail to achieve results, students will then switch to online campaigns to press for their demands instead of embarking on violent street protest.

More also, allowing a student that has little or no skill in governance to govern or oversea the affair of students can easily result in disorderliness and unorganized government which might result in the use of violence to achieve a goal that can easily be achieved through dialogue, petitions and online campaigns.

Furthermore, the various student union leaders in tertiary institutions should know that they were elected to serve students and represent their interest in order to promote discipline, orderliness and unity among students and their school authorities.

Unionism should not be seen as an avenue to amass wealth but as an opportunity to serve.

OLORUNSOMO SMART
CEO SMART360NEWS
+2349031927803
www.smart360news..com

Re: Effectiveness Of Student Unionism In Campus- OLORUNSOMO SMART by ArcFresky(m): 7:34am On Jul 17, 2017
There is nothing like unionism.
Everyone is just trying to get rich or die trying

1 Like

Re: Effectiveness Of Student Unionism In Campus- OLORUNSOMO SMART by Smart360News: 8:12am On Jul 17, 2017
Hmmm, but some are practicing unionism just not becus of money.
Re: Effectiveness Of Student Unionism In Campus- OLORUNSOMO SMART by CustomII(m): 10:19pm On Jun 12, 2020
I like your write up bro.

I'm also a student leader, permit me to tap from your Exprience so Interlectual and human development activities that will enhance students Academically.
For Example, like organization Speel Bee Competion, Debate, Drama, presentation and other likes.

Please bro if you have any idea on how I can improve my Fellow students especially Freshers is indeed welcome.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Affiliation - Seminaries And Bible Colleges Affiliate Membership / "2017 WAEC Rating, Osun Will Make Top 10 Position" - Wale Alabi / With This Subjects Combination, Can My Sister Go For Theatre Art.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.