Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,969 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago (6903 Views)

10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. / This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki / Shocking: Popular Cities That Are Not Capitals Of Their Countries. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by Originalsly: 9:09am On Aug 01, 2017
wanderlustian:

Bro, you got mail. I called but you didn't pick
Hmmm.... no mail....no missed call! Retry. ..send txt msg....send pm...be desperate!..you should be!
... You must be real rugged to be jumping in Times Square area during the week with ehmmm.... two babies!... but not so bad.....one can walk! ...then the journey overseas to get back home in S.I.
Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by Prettiepearlz(f): 9:54am On Aug 01, 2017
Pidgin2:

grin You are a clown

But seriously OP, the money you will use for this trip can be put to much better use, you can buy land, invest in something etc, you can even sow it into someone's education but rather than this, what you can see via internet ,you chose to burn millions on just for fun, smh
As usual, you're here with your bad belle nature. Are you the owner of the money? It's her money and she can spend it whichever way she deems fit. Stop with unsolicited advice already! Jeez!

1 Like

Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by Originalsly: 9:55am On Aug 01, 2017
megastu:
Just be careful oh. Its better to take the cab with your money than to try those subways in NY especially when you are a tourist.

NYC population...8 million. 5 million plus ride the subway per day... should I warn them?

1 Like

Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by wanderlustian(f): 1:43pm On Aug 01, 2017
Originalsly:
Hmmm.... no mail....no missed call! Retry. ..send txt msg....send pm...be desperate!..you should be!
... You must be real rugged to be jumping in Times Square area during the week with ehmmm.... two babies!... but not so bad.....one can walk! ...then the journey overseas to get back home in S.I.

You have a way with words.
I've sent you another mail
Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by wanderlustian(f): 1:44pm On Aug 01, 2017
Originalsly:
NYC population...8 million. 5 million plus ride the subway per day... should I warn them?

LWTMB!!! I'm literally rolling on the floor!
Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by wanderlustian(f): 2:47pm On Aug 01, 2017
Photos from the NYC boat cruise

2 Likes

Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by wanderlustian(f): 2:49pm On Aug 01, 2017
More pictures

1 Like

Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by wanderlustian(f): 2:50pm On Aug 01, 2017
Some more
The guy in red is our tour guide. An Original new yorker

2 Likes

Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by Nig4Greatness: 3:22pm On Aug 01, 2017
Wow!!!...the op is sure enjoying her family vacay and it's so beautiful when you are vacationing in such cities with waters within the cities...keep it up!!
Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by Nig4Greatness: 3:24pm On Aug 01, 2017
Originalsly:
......what of if 5m ride the subwa?.I know someone living in NYC for 10yrs now and never rode the subway...it's your preference,it's your pocket,and most importantly it's your safety.
Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by Originalsly: 7:59pm On Aug 01, 2017
Nice pics... again ..unusual views... Manhattan really looks below sea level... like in a hole!
Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by fredoooooo: 8:27pm On Aug 01, 2017
Wanderlustian Tuale o grin I'm loving this ..
Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by kasynlives: 8:53pm On Aug 01, 2017
Me too. I'm loving it as well
Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by wanderlustian(f): 10:38pm On Aug 01, 2017
Bridges full everywhere for NY. I cannot keep up.

Williamsburg bridge
Brooklyn bridge
Manhattan bridge

And they all look alike.

I also learnt about DUMBO recently. One of the most expensive parts of NY

District Under Manhattan Bridge or something like that

1 Like

Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by signature2012(m): 12:11am On Aug 02, 2017
wanderlustian:
Bridges full everywhere for NY. I cannot keep up.

Williamsburg bridge
Brooklyn bridge
Manhattan bridge

And they all look alike.

I also learnt about DUMBO recently. One of the most expensive parts of NY

District Under Manhattan Bridge or something like that
That was where jay Z was referring to in his 4:44 album.A house back then was sold for $2million but now $25million.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by signature2012(m): 12:15am On Aug 02, 2017
wanderlustian:
Some more
The guy in red is our tour guide. An Original new yorker

The night version.

1 Like

Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by Ligxy(f): 12:09pm On Aug 05, 2017
wanderlustian:
I've been MIA for a while.

Its not easy setting up a new business coupled with part time work and being a mom. The lil lady is a handful. She's going to be 2 soon. Time really does fly.

So guess who caught Wanderlust? Lol!

Yup, all these stories and pictures finally got to my husband and he's decided he is visiting the United States this summer, even though at first he wanted to go without me... Like really?

Anyways, we are going together, yipeee! And I'm starting this thread to chronicle the trip. We leave next week.

Stay tuned

originalsly
omoharry
smithsydny
Nepro
ekharry
GenBuhari
Wellendowed
Simababe
winnielle
abduldope
abimbawealth
DArey00
mexxy1
Chukxie
seguno2
fredyoooooo
ligxy

Europe is still in the plan. Hubby is focused on conquering the big Apple Europe can wait. Lol

Wow, nice. Following bumper to fender
Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by abduldope(m): 5:06pm On Aug 05, 2017
keep it rolling
Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by wanderlustian(f): 8:32pm On Aug 11, 2017
Sorry my people,

This Amrika hard no be small. All the trekking I've been doing. And visiting friends from house to house. Oh boy!!!

Anyways, we took a 17hr greyhound bus from NY to Chicago via Ohio. It was so uncomfortable omg!!! I'd trade greyhound for an Amtrak anytime.

Photos from that trip are on Hubby's phone. Will update later.

So for the first time this trip, I went into town myself without baby or hubby. Me time never felt so good.

1. Waiting for the 22 bus from Clark to take me downtown
2. Slightly crowded blue line train station downtown
3. Entertainment at the Red line train station.
4. Very crowded train . I had to stand most of the way

Im planning to take a city tour over the weekend. And get proper up close and personal views for you guys before we take the return trip back home.

We had to forfeit DC. E pain me sha, but a family trip is quite tiring and not as exhilarating as a solo trip.

Watch this space

1 Like

Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by wanderlustian(f): 9:05pm On Aug 11, 2017
Train stops along the way...

Who else is a Cubs fan like me grin

Pix no 4, see Oyinbo cemetery. Chai

1 Like

Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by wanderlustian(f): 9:30pm On Aug 11, 2017
Finally I get to my destination in time for my meeting.

1 Like

Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by Originalsly: 11:55pm On Aug 11, 2017
Hmmm...Cubs fan?...I thought they kicked that team out of the league for under performance!grin Following!
Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by wanderlustian(f): 4:00am On Aug 12, 2017
Originalsly:
Hmmm...Cubs fan?...I thought they kicked that team out of the league for under performance!grin Following!

We won the world series last year for the first time in 100 years. I caught the fever right there and then

4 Likes

Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by Lucasbalo(m): 6:46am On Aug 12, 2017
I am a life long beacher bum ( Cubs fan ). Live in Oak Park just 30 minutes outside of Downtown Chicago.
wanderlustian:
Train stops along the way...

Who else is a Cubs fan like me grin

Pix no 4, see Oyinbo cemetery. Chai

1 Like

Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by Lucasbalo(m): 6:52am On Aug 12, 2017
You will enjoy Chicago as long as you stay away from Englewood on the South Side. It's a beautiful city and don't forget to go to Navy Pier, Willis Tower and 95th story restaurant on John Hancock Building on Michigan Ave. You can always take the Architectural Boat ride on Chicago river and Lake Michigan. Enjoy your stay in Chicago.
wanderlustian:
Sorry my people,

This Amrika hard no be small. All the trekking I've been doing. And visiting friends from house to house. Oh boy!!!

Anyways, we took a 17hr greyhound bus from NY to Chicago via Ohio. It was so uncomfortable omg!!! I'd trade greyhound for an Amtrak anytime.

Photos from that trip are on Hubby's phone. Will update later.

So for the first time this trip, I went into town myself without baby or hubby. Me time never felt so good.

1. Waiting for the 22 bus from Clark to take me downtown
2. Slightly crowded blue line train station downtown
3. Entertainment at the Red line train station.
4. Very crowded train . I had to stand most of the way

Im planning to take a city tour over the weekend. And get proper up close and personal views for you guys before we take the return trip back home.

We had to forfeit DC. E pain me sha, but a family trip is quite tiring and not as exhilarating as a solo trip.

Watch this space

1 Like

Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 27, 2017
Hello ma'am please I need your help for some verifications it urgent plz.. Check your mail

Cc wanderlustian
Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by nanajec(m): 6:36pm On Sep 27, 2017
why was i not tagged in this

i'm sad...

wanderlustian:
I've been MIA for a while.

Its not easy setting up a new business coupled with part time work and being a mom. The lil lady is a handful. She's going to be 2 soon. Time really does fly.

So guess who caught Wanderlust? Lol!

Yup, all these stories and pictures finally got to my husband and he's decided he is visiting the United States this summer, even though at first he wanted to go without me... Like really?

Anyways, we are going together, yipeee! And I'm starting this thread to chronicle the trip. We leave next week.

Stay tuned

originalsly
omoharry
smithsydny
Nepro
ekharry
GenBuhari
Wellendowed
Simababe
winnielle
abduldope
abimbawealth
DArey00
mexxy1
Chukxie
seguno2
fredyoooooo
ligxy

Europe is still in the plan. Hubby is focused on conquering the big Apple Europe can wait. Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Hundreds Of Nigerians Are Relocating To Ghana / What If I Live In Colombia / Physical Practices, Training Of The Shaolin Kungfu That Will Blow Your Mind.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.