Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Boko Haram Release Video Of 10 Women Abducted From Police Convoy In Borno (Photo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Release Video Of 10 Women Abducted From Police Convoy In Borno (Photo (35116 Views)

250 Elephants Sighted In Boko Haram’s Battlefield In Borno (Photo) / Boko Haram Kills Captain Anthony Tekemeka In Borno (photo) / Ango Abdullahi: "Shi'ites Can Become Worse Than Boko Haram, Release El-Zakzaky" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Release Video Of 10 Women Abducted From Police Convoy In Borno (Photo by Freebrowsing12(m): 2:59pm On Jul 17, 2017
A video showing 10 distraught women, believed to be the ones kidnapped in a raid by the militant group on a military/police convoy in Borno State some weeks ago, has been received by SaharaReporters.

Following the incident, which took place a few kilometres outside Maiduguri, on Damboa Road, the Nigeria police refuted claims by Boko Haram that some police officers had been killed or abducted by the terror group.

Although the two women who speak on the video, which was sent exclusively to SaharaReporters, do not introduce themselves as police personnel, one Amina Adam Gomdia, speaking in eloquent Hausa, describes five of the women in their midst as public servants who are also breadwinners in their families. Gomdia introduces herself as a lecturer at the Federal College of Fisheries, Baga.

It is not clear if the other women, who appear to be too shocked to speak, with some of them in tears, are police women or wives of police officers. But it would be recalled that the convoy they were travelling in when they were attacked was carrying the corpse of a police woman who had earlier been killed by the terrorist group.

The second woman who speaks on the video gives her name as Deborah Philipus. She says that right from the minute they were abducted, Boko Haram has taken care of them, including treating their injuries, and that they have not lacked food, water or other necessities.

"We are grateful to you,” she says, referring to Boko Haram, “but the Government of Nigeria should not say we were not abducted, indeed we were abducted," she says.

SaharaReporters learned she lost her husband to the militant group in the early days of the conflict when he and their two sons were slaughtered before her eyes in Maiduguri by Boko Haram militants. Since then, she says on the video, she has been looking after the rest of their children as "their mother and father."

On behalf of the 10 women, Gomdia and Philipus pleads with the federal government not to forsake them, urging them to do everything it can to rescue them as it has done with the Chibok girls.

"Today, here we are, everyone has seen us, our relatives have seen us, government, our youngsters have all seen us, this is not a lie, we have been abducted for 30 days," says the distraught Gomdia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMjafjP0y64

http://saharareporters.com/2017/07/17/boko-haram-releases-video-10-women-abducted-police-convoy-30-days-ago

1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Release Video Of 10 Women Abducted From Police Convoy In Borno (Photo by akpamuomenka: 3:00pm On Jul 17, 2017
Buhari released all the Boko Haram commanders arrested by GEJ govnt and empowered them with millions of euros in the name of swap for an imaginary chibok girls just to score useless political gain.

Buhari, it will never be well with your generation.

166 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Release Video Of 10 Women Abducted From Police Convoy In Borno (Photo by babfet(m): 3:36pm On Jul 17, 2017
God help us and I pray God will keep them safe till they are reunited with their love ones

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Release Video Of 10 Women Abducted From Police Convoy In Borno (Photo by joshingjosh(m): 3:36pm On Jul 17, 2017
TTC.....grace on its way.....listen to the next person
Re: Boko Haram Release Video Of 10 Women Abducted From Police Convoy In Borno (Photo by choky26(m): 3:36pm On Jul 17, 2017
I thought Mr. Lie said they've defeated BH technically?

I tire for these people

25 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Release Video Of 10 Women Abducted From Police Convoy In Borno (Photo by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 17, 2017
undecided
Re: Boko Haram Release Video Of 10 Women Abducted From Police Convoy In Borno (Photo by hardeycute(m): 3:37pm On Jul 17, 2017
This people are still in town ?

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Release Video Of 10 Women Abducted From Police Convoy In Borno (Photo by bbbabes(f): 3:37pm On Jul 17, 2017
This is painful, abducted for 30 days...I will just die.
The 1st day I wore trousers in JS3..my The Apostolic Church SU mum, locked me in her room for a whole day, saying I have joined 'awon omo roga' whatever that means.
Well she regretted her action, cuz I got sick for almost a month.
I can feel those women plights, I hope something is done to rescue them, where is this Nigerian Jack Bauer, Abba Fada or what's his name.

9 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Release Video Of 10 Women Abducted From Police Convoy In Borno (Photo by fm7070: 3:37pm On Jul 17, 2017
Another scam/blackmail on the way.
It is now: BBOW - Bring back our women

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Release Video Of 10 Women Abducted From Police Convoy In Borno (Photo by Benjom(m): 3:37pm On Jul 17, 2017
Boko? shocked

Re: Boko Haram Release Video Of 10 Women Abducted From Police Convoy In Borno (Photo by Atiku2019: 3:38pm On Jul 17, 2017
cry cry cry
What a Country cry

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Release Video Of 10 Women Abducted From Police Convoy In Borno (Photo by MadCow1: 3:38pm On Jul 17, 2017
These Boys are not playing at all..
Re: Boko Haram Release Video Of 10 Women Abducted From Police Convoy In Borno (Photo by conductor22: 3:38pm On Jul 17, 2017
Dividends of "One Nigeria".

Good morning unity beggars.

Sai Zoogeria cheesy cheesy

41 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Release Video Of 10 Women Abducted From Police Convoy In Borno (Photo by soberdrunk(m): 3:38pm On Jul 17, 2017
I don't understand this boko haram issue anymore!! One minute we are celebrating their end and the next minute them dey release video!! What is really happening? Who is lying? angry

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Release Video Of 10 Women Abducted From Police Convoy In Borno (Photo by yekparikpa(m): 3:38pm On Jul 17, 2017
When will the Boko Haram Menace ever come to an end? This is heartbreaking!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Release Video Of 10 Women Abducted From Police Convoy In Borno (Photo by coolcacuz: 3:38pm On Jul 17, 2017
May god deliver us from the hand of evil men

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Release Video Of 10 Women Abducted From Police Convoy In Borno (Photo by maxiuc(m): 3:39pm On Jul 17, 2017
Shekcow and his boys weldone ooo

Their north their bokoharam

Wetin concern me

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Release Video Of 10 Women Abducted From Police Convoy In Borno (Photo by izzy4shizzy(m): 3:39pm On Jul 17, 2017
A few weeks ago, some armed men robbed a van with police men inside, then this

If I be police, shame for no allow me wear my uniform
Re: Boko Haram Release Video Of 10 Women Abducted From Police Convoy In Borno (Photo by ripbubu: 3:39pm On Jul 17, 2017
Freebrowsing12:

http://saharareporters.com/2017/07/17/boko-haram-releases-video-10-women-abducted-police-convoy-30-days-ago
boko Haram will continue in the north until Nigeria divides.. This is the punishment for all the blood the Fulani's have killed over the years

14 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Release Video Of 10 Women Abducted From Police Convoy In Borno (Photo by goldenceo1: 3:39pm On Jul 17, 2017
scam from the bottomless pit of Northern
Re: Boko Haram Release Video Of 10 Women Abducted From Police Convoy In Borno (Photo by alcmene: 3:39pm On Jul 17, 2017
I can imagine the velocity of banging taking place ontop of these women....
It's a zoo business

7 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Release Video Of 10 Women Abducted From Police Convoy In Borno (Photo by blackbeau1(f): 3:39pm On Jul 17, 2017
I thought they said Boko Haram has 'technically' been defeated. Who are this ones then?
Re: Boko Haram Release Video Of 10 Women Abducted From Police Convoy In Borno (Photo by Zdoh(m): 3:39pm On Jul 17, 2017
Na wa ooo
Re: Boko Haram Release Video Of 10 Women Abducted From Police Convoy In Borno (Photo by iluvdonjazzy: 3:40pm On Jul 17, 2017
and police dey deny am
Re: Boko Haram Release Video Of 10 Women Abducted From Police Convoy In Borno (Photo by yinkuscious(m): 3:40pm On Jul 17, 2017
Will there ever be an end to boko haram?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Release Video Of 10 Women Abducted From Police Convoy In Borno (Photo by maxiuc(m): 3:40pm On Jul 17, 2017
fm7070:
Another scam/blackmail on the way.
It is now: BBOW - Bring back our women
true talk your head dey there

They should continue

We are watching

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Release Video Of 10 Women Abducted From Police Convoy In Borno (Photo by koladebrainiac(m): 3:40pm On Jul 17, 2017
akpamuomenka:
Buhari released all the Boko Haram commanders arrested by GEJ govnt and empowered them with millions of euros in the name of swap for an imaginary chibok girls just to score useless political gain.

Buhari, it will never be well with your generation.
yea keep lying to yourself so you can believe it .

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Release Video Of 10 Women Abducted From Police Convoy In Borno (Photo by NothingDoMe: 3:40pm On Jul 17, 2017
Apostle Suleman said the government should not relax.

Buhari is a failure.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Release Video Of 10 Women Abducted From Police Convoy In Borno (Photo by Dcaliphate(m): 3:40pm On Jul 17, 2017
boko haram and free punny is like....jacob zuma tell them

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Release Video Of 10 Women Abducted From Police Convoy In Borno (Photo by fergusen: 3:41pm On Jul 17, 2017
cry
Re: Boko Haram Release Video Of 10 Women Abducted From Police Convoy In Borno (Photo by Guyman02: 3:41pm On Jul 17, 2017
Waiting for Lai Mohammed to tell us that Boko Haram is now 'Theoretically' defeated.

My heart goes out to the families of these women who will be used as sex slaves by Shekau and his men and the trauma this situation will put on them. embarassed embarassed

And now the followers of the peaceful religion will claim Boko Haram did not get their ideology from their religion, even when Shekau preaches and quotes their holy book.

The woman speaking was asked by BH to request the Federal Govt to negotiate their release like was done to Chibok girls which simply means paying another ransom of millions of dollars or pounds which leads many people into thinking that the whole Chibok affair is a scam

14 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oshiomole: If I Have Another Opportunity To Become APC Chair, I Will Reject It / Buhari Attended Churches In 2015 (Throwback Photos) / Buhari Meets Journalist He Jailed As Military Ruler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.