Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,796 members, 7,851,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:18 AM

Post Something To Give Hope To All Frustrated Job Seekers - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Post Something To Give Hope To All Frustrated Job Seekers (415 Views)

Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted / The Menace Of "Long Legs" For Job Seekers / Man Narrates How He Disqualified 3 Job Seekers For Not Having PVC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Post Something To Give Hope To All Frustrated Job Seekers by MarchLegend: 9:24pm On Jul 17, 2017
Hi guys, I don't have nothing else to say, the subject is self explanatory. Just give hope to someone, you don't know how far it could go. Thank you
Re: Post Something To Give Hope To All Frustrated Job Seekers by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 17, 2017
keep applying to jobs and don't shy to tell people about your joblessness.The miracle will always happen.

Immediately after I graduated from University, I starting selling inverter systems to households. Overtime my market got saturated and the price became unaffordable to people in my neighborhood, so I needed to move on. I was into the inverter business before and a short period after service year.

In 2015, I came to Lagos. I started searching for job, it wasn't easy as days was rolling into weeks and weeks into months. I was indoors doing the online application thing. Not quite long I started moving around to submit CVs randomly on the island and offices I could​ access. The biggest challenge was the security guards at those organizations. Most times, I am left with no option than to drop my CVs on the security desk. I knew I needed to re-strategize.

Faster forward to Feb. 2016, I was invited by a servicing coy in Nigeria Bottling Company Ikeja Plant. We concluded the salary negotiation and next thing was to resume with them after I receive their mail. On that fateful day, I thought of accessing other coys in Ikeja environ after the interview since anything can happen if employment letter hasn't been given. I went to Ashok Leyland where I met their chief security officer. He was greatly helpful. He told me there wasn't vacancy but directed me to the chief security officer in a neighboring power company. On getting to the power coy, I asked of the security head and told him what had brought me. He told me to hang around as he help me enquire from head of production department if there exist any vacancy. I was there chilling when an official passed by and told me he liked my face. I told him my ordeal and he told me if I wouldn't mind internship. Na so I start as an intern in the leading power coy.

I resumed as an Intern and committed myself to the job since I know I was building CV. Not too long, I got a sms inviting for an interview. Honestly I didn't apply directly to the job but the address was on the island where I randomly submit CVs. Na so I gather courage, I attended the interview and I got the job. I was told a director submitted my CV. I was eager to meet the director because I can't imagine any director submitting on my behalf.

I started the job which came with a better compensation compared to my internship with the power coy. I was always eager to meet that director that submitted my CV. Later on, I met the director and he happened to be a man I met at Aripko building in VI. I told him about my joblessness and he told me to drop my CV with his receptionist.

The lesson is that one should keep trying. At the moment, I am trying to get an entry level job in accounting where I can work as a professional in a structured organization and there are plans on ground to achieving this.

Even during my service year, I remember I once gave a newspaper vendor my CV to help submit in offices in offices they serve dallies.

To cut long story short I will advise job seekers like myself to keep doing this.

1.Continuously explore opportunities
2.Be prompt in applying to jobs
3.Combine online and offline application
4.Be willing to start small
5.Keep strategizing till you get your dream job
6. Keep developing yourself
7. Network, Network and Network
8. Prayers

4 Likes

Re: Post Something To Give Hope To All Frustrated Job Seekers by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 17, 2017
Keep on brothers and sisters. Keep on. Keeping send those CVs. As you are sending them, think about a problem around you and how you can solve it. Thats where the business idea will come from. Keep on. Don't be discouraged. At God's appointed time, it will happen. It is only for a while. It will not last forever. It will be well.

1 Like

Re: Post Something To Give Hope To All Frustrated Job Seekers by Rialto: 10:33pm On Jul 17, 2017
VACANCIES EXIST FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS:
(1) A Supervisor
(2) Housekeeper
(3) Experienced and professional Cook
(4) Front Desk Officer/receptionist (0-2 years experience)
(5) Bar man

All applications and CVs can be sent to hotelrialtojobs@gmail.com or dropped personally at the security unit of the Hotel (6, alhaji amoo street,Off Ogudu road, Ojota,Lagos)
Re: Post Something To Give Hope To All Frustrated Job Seekers by FIDELITY24(m): 12:03am On Jul 18, 2017
Am not yet searching for a job... I believe dat in life there's enough space to contain everyone's dream and aspiration. Jst keep believing and dont give up!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

African Alliance Insurance Plc Latest Job Recruitment (3 Positions) / We Need A Billiant Lady Corper In Abuja / Nigeria Football Federation Latest Job Vacancies (18 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.