Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,507 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Two Nigerians Arrested In India For Lottery Scam - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Nigerians Arrested In India For Lottery Scam (16104 Views)

Two Nigerians Arrested For Impersonating Kenyan First Lady / Two Nigerians Jailed For £1m Phishing Scam In U.K. / Two Nigerians Arrested In Cambodia For Trafficking 1 Kilo Of Cocaine (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Nigerians Arrested In India For Lottery Scam by PearlStreet(m): 11:57pm On Jul 17, 2017
New Delhi, Jul 17 (PTI) Police have arrested two Nigerian nationals and one of their Indian accomplice for duping several people through fake "lottery", and recovered Rs 4 lakh cash from them.

Efforts are on to arrest two more members of the gang, including another Nigerian, who have cheated people by telling them that they have won lotteries, Deputy Commissioner of Police (North) Jatin Narwal said.

Rs 4 lakh cash, 26 ATM cards, 25 PAN cards, 32 cheque books of different banks, five SIM cards and three mobile phones were recovered from the accused, he said.

The Nigerians -- Nnaemaka Agbo (35), Kingsley (32) were arrested on July 15 and their accomplice identified as Waris Khan (22) was arrested on July 14 after a case was lodged at the Sadar Bazar police station on the complaint of Bhupender Singh, he added.

The complainant had alleged that he received an SMS on June 26 that he had won USD 5 lakh in a lottery after which he deposited Rs 95,000, demanded as various charges, in different bank accounts in the first week of July, the DCP said.

Singh said he developed suspicion when he was asked to deposit Rs 2,86,000 more following which he approached the police, Narwal said.

A police team was formed and the accused were tracked through surveillance and phone number tracking. Waris was arrested from Jamia Nagar and his interrogation led to the arrest of Agbo and Kingsley who lived in Khanpur, he said.

Waris is a native of Bareilly and had allegedly opened several accounts in the names of persons of his village.

The accused duped people by asking them to deposit money in bank account numbers provided by them to get the lottery amount purportedly won by them, Narwal said.

http://m.indiatoday.in/story/two-nigerians-indian-held-for-running-lottery-scam/1/1004415.html
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In India For Lottery Scam by Jetleeee: 12:00am On Jul 18, 2017
May Chuks Okike Balotelli bless our potor brothers for diversifying and keeping the Abiama world development master plan alive.

Last week, I asked Mr Chike Ogbonnaya, Chief Security Officer, Ipob, New Delhi branch about how far they've gone with this project, he said they are not yet done with India. shocked

But one very important info I was able to get from him was that Los Angeles, California is next

122 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In India For Lottery Scam by funlord(m): 12:06am On Jul 18, 2017
2 nigerians?

Dim Nnaemakason "ndi jewish" Agbo

Mazi "developson" Kingsley

grin grin grin.....Chimo!!!

102 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In India For Lottery Scam by fuckingAyaya(m): 12:08am On Jul 18, 2017
Una fall hand

16 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In India For Lottery Scam by Ehiscotch(m): 12:12am On Jul 18, 2017
Whenever I see this kinda threads on NL and read its comments, I just weep for Nigeria.
Like aren't they ever tired of being tribalists all day.

19 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In India For Lottery Scam by ExpensiveG: 12:13am On Jul 18, 2017
whitebeard:
angry [s]biafrans pls this is your thread, pls leave Nigerian matters to Nigerians, it our country, not yours, we are trying to fix our country and u guys keep breeding anger, hate and violence, we did not tell FG to marginalize you, we did not ask u to start civil war, no pls look at what a biafran did to our nation's coat of arms, see there are people who haven't given up on Nigeria despite how bad its government is, we know the right battle to fight, no beating around the bush, waiting for a saviour, biafrans pls mind biafran matters and stay off Nigerian matters.

And the Igbo's that dont want Biafra pls I know quite well that it's the ignorant ones that are agitating for Biafra and tarnishing Nigerians image pls help us educate them.

Instead of those above criminals to say they are biafrans they claim Nigerians, u people have no pride whatsoever.

Biafrans are just like yeast, they look tough and big, but they are very very soft, biafrans are just like bamboo stick. tough on the outside and empty on the inside, pls stop insulting our nation.[/s]

Sharrrrrap, wat do you know

9 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In India For Lottery Scam by whitebeard(m): 12:17am On Jul 18, 2017
ExpensiveG:

Sharrrrrap, wat do you know

that's your legacy son, to lack understanding and good sense of reasoning, pls stay off Nigerian matters and also tell your developmental brothers to have some pride and dignity and claim Biafran when they are arrested..!!

A PRODUCT OF SELF PITTY AND MANIPULATION..!!

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In India For Lottery Scam by OkoYibo: 12:35am On Jul 18, 2017
Oga my name is Epon-Ojuku Shibuke.

Chinko Mopol, Please don't blame me. I come from Potopoto Republic where you must be a criminal before you can be respected. That is why prisons all over the world afe the exclusive rights of Biafrans.

My father was one of those who laced Ojuku's canvas shoes when he ran from Abakaliki to Abidjan. Our family house is that 2by2 shop just by the corner.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In India For Lottery Scam by whitebeard(m): 12:41am On Jul 18, 2017
ExpensiveG:

I no blame, so na only BIAFRA people dey spoil Naija name.... You must be mad undecided

Tell your useless government to allow us make we waka free comot from dis ZOO, wey hunger and corruption wan finish dey weaker ANIMALS wey dey inside.

*****Yes I agree say my BROTHERS go develop another man's LAND and dem fu*k up, but we are always proud of our country BIAFRA..

A PRODUCT OF ZOOLOGIANS AND CORRUPT GOVERNMENT !!!

#IrepBIAFRA
majority of the crimes outside the country are committed by your brothers claiming to be Nigerians, u complaining about Nigerian corruption, have u visited Ukraine before have to checked Romania government, there are country whose scale of corruption is worse than Nigeria's own, u picture Nigerian corruption as the worse in the world, u dont know shite about other corrupt countries, even the US that everyone think is high and mighty is corrupt.

Dont think Biafra is corruption proof, Igbo's practice tribalism against other tribes and nepotism against their tribes men. Pls stop calling our country Nigeria a zoo, pls stop it, it's an insult to people that have died and are sacrificing and are also willing to sacrifice for our country, pls stop insulting Nigeria.

46 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In India For Lottery Scam by mubrix(m): 12:44am On Jul 18, 2017
D rate at which Nigerians commit crime in India and d world is alarming...
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In India For Lottery Scam by okway: 12:50am On Jul 18, 2017
mubrix:
D rate at which Nigerians Biafrans commit crime in India and d world is alarming...

Fixed

32 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In India For Lottery Scam by ExpensiveG: 1:14am On Jul 18, 2017
whitebeard:
majority of the crimes outside the country are committed by your brothers claiming to be Nigerians, u complaining about Nigerian corruption[s], have u visited Ukraine before have to checked Romania government,[/s] there are country whose scale of corruption is worse than Nigeria's own, u picture Nigerian corruption as the worse in the world, u dont know shite about other corrupt countries, even the US that everyone think is high and mighty is corrupt.
[s]
Dont think Biafra is corruption proof, Igbo's practice tribalism against other tribes and nepotism against their tribes men. Pls stop calling our country Nigeria a zoo, pls stop it, it's an insult to people that have died and are sacrificing and are also willing to sacrifice for our country, pls stop insulting Nigeria[/s].

1)HAVE I VISITED UKRAINE ~ NO

Wer dey money wey person go fit us chop, talk more of to visit another country. Even Ghana wey no far from me, I never even set my eyes inside.

2) THERE ARE COUNTRY WHOSE SCALE OF CORRUPTION IS WORSE THAN NIGERIA'S OWN, ~ Oh really shocked

Why compare Nigeria with dey bad eggs, abi you no see country whose scale of corruption are better than Nigeria's own undecided. we don want to be like dos country dat are suffering and der don't know what to do. We want REFERENDUM is dat too much to ask

3) IGBO'S PRACTICE TRIBALISM AGAINST OTHER TRIBES AND NEPOTISM AGAINST THEIR TRIBES MEN. ~ You're not serious

Shebi na only Igbo der practices TRIBALISM, I no blame you just because of say we wan comot from dis ZOO. Wen AREWA youths talk, you no see tribalism inside der speech. undecided

4) PlS STOP CALLING OUR COUNTRY NIGERIA A ZOO~ chai shockedshocked

See me, see gbese. Country wey ASHIA BUHARI use her own mouth call em ZOO. Abi you no read dey PRAYERS of dey weaker ANIMALS gringrin.. Don't worry dey LION KING will soon be back grin.

5)INSULT ~ Hmmm

Insult ke All dos people wey sacrifice for Naija no fit vex just bcuz of dey name ZOO, dem dey regret say dem for no fight for dis useless countrysad.. come go ask my Great great great great grandfather, him go tell you...

NIGERIA=ZOO

#IrepBIAFRA

8 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In India For Lottery Scam by whitebeard(m): 1:23am On Jul 18, 2017
ExpensiveG:

1)HAVE I VISITED UKRAINE ~ NO

Wer dey money wey person go fit us chop, talk more of to visit another country. Even Ghana wey no far from me, I never even set my eyes inside.

2) THERE ARE COUNTRY WHOSE SCALE OF CORRUPTION IS WORSE THAN NIGERIA'S OWN, ~ Oh really shocked

Why compare Nigeria with dey bad eggs, abi you no see country whose scale of corruption are better than Nigeria's own undecided. we don want to be like dos country dat are suffering and der don't know what to do. We want REFERENDUM is dat too much to ask

3) IGBO'S PRACTICE TRIBALISM AGAINST OTHER TRIBES AND NEPOTISM AGAINST THEIR TRIBES MEN. ~ You're not serious

Shebi na only Igbo der practices TRIBALISM, I no blame you just because of say we wan comot from dis ZOO. Wen AREWA youths talk, you no see tribalism inside der speech. undecided

4) PlS STOP CALLING OUR COUNTRY NIGERIA A ZOO~ chai shockedshocked

See me, see gbese. Country wey ASHIA BUHARI use her own mouth call em ZOO. Abi you no read dey PRAYERS of dey weaker ANIMALS gringrin.. Don't worry dey LION KING will soon be back grin.

5)INSULT ~ Hmmm

Insult ke All dos people wey sacrifice for Naija no fit vex just bcuz of dey name ZOO, dem dey regret say dem for no fight for dis useless countrysad.. come go ask my Great great great great grandfather, him go tell you...

NIGERIA=ZOO

#IrepBIAFRA
there is no point arguing with a typical ignorant Igbo Individual, who is consumed by hate and manipulation. At least if KANU says no more Biafra u will stop agitating for it, smh..!! Bross issokay, the next generation will educate your lazy and ignorant generation.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In India For Lottery Scam by adslipps: 1:24am On Jul 18, 2017
Guy man don chop money go... Aza men don dey bear the consequences.
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In India For Lottery Scam by ExpensiveG: 1:47am On Jul 18, 2017
whitebeard:
there is no point arguing with a typical ignorant Igbo Individual, who is consumed by hate and manipulation. At least if KANU says no more Biafra u will stop agitating for it, smh..!! Bross issokay, the next generation will educate your lazy and ignorant generation.

A foolish ZOOLOGIAN, who is consumed by Buhari's selfishness .

BIAFRA no start today, if we no achieve em now, we go achieve em tomorrow. We are, e not giving up. WE SHALL OVERCOME someday.

Thanks Bro e don do, my HARDWORKING, TALENTED, KNOWLEDGEABLE and WISE generation will educate yours

#IstandwithBIAFRA

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In India For Lottery Scam by whitebeard(m): 2:06am On Jul 18, 2017
ExpensiveG:

A foolish ZOOLOGIAN, who is consumed by Buhari's selfishness .

BIAFRA no start today, if we no achieve em now, we go achieve em tomorrow. We are, e not giving up. WE SHALL OVERCOME someday.

Thanks Bro e don do, my HARDWORKING, TALENTED, KNOWLEDGEABLE and WISE generation will educate yours

#IstandwithBIAFRA

so u think every one that doesn't support Biafra is a buhari supporter let me enlighten u I am a revolutionist, I dont support this nigerian government and I dont support Biafra.

U see that picture, that's where African nations that are consumed by tribalism are headed. The old generation planted the tree of tribalism and abandoned the tree of unity and understanding, well the next generation the children that u think would continue in your footstep ( just so u know in as much as the children go to school and have Internet access, those children are bound to stop tribalism) would uproot the tree of tribalism and grow that of unity and understanding.

Yes to revolution, no to restructuring and biafra

9 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In India For Lottery Scam by kuuljay(m): 7:39am On Jul 18, 2017
But I thought they once started issuing out Biafra passports why are they not using it instead

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In India For Lottery Scam by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 18, 2017
A recent image of Nnaemeka reveals that he is nothing but a Igbo

12 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In India For Lottery Scam by helphelp: 9:34am On Jul 18, 2017
Drugs to lottery scam
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In India For Lottery Scam by justi4jesu(f): 9:34am On Jul 18, 2017
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In India For Lottery Scam by trustedbrain(m): 9:35am On Jul 18, 2017
biafra una don come again grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In India For Lottery Scam by Husty(m): 9:35am On Jul 18, 2017
Awon ti headwarmer gang..

25 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In India For Lottery Scam by davodyguy: 9:35am On Jul 18, 2017
Say no to tribalism

Condemn the act and the actor, not the tribe or country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In India For Lottery Scam by davodyguy: 9:36am On Jul 18, 2017
helphelp:
Drugs to lottery scam

Later they say Yorubas are known for rituals
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In India For Lottery Scam by owaeghianye(m): 9:36am On Jul 18, 2017
Ok
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In India For Lottery Scam by bewla(m): 9:36am On Jul 18, 2017
y
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In India For Lottery Scam by sod09(m): 9:36am On Jul 18, 2017
developers aka Igbos
is our work oo soft work

4 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested In India For Lottery Scam by Originality007: 9:39am On Jul 18, 2017
smiley

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Commercial Sex Worker Loses N750,000 To Fraudster In Delta / Notorious Bandit, Bello Turjii Is NOT An Officer - Police PRO Reacts / Policeman Kills Infant, Shoots Woman, Girl In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.