Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,129 members, 7,818,385 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? (8556 Views)

Poll: Do You Support This ?

Yes: 17% (17 votes)
No: 82% (82 votes)
This poll has ended

The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? / Should Working Wives Share Household Expenses With Their Husbands? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? by deluxecad(m): 3:52pm On Feb 04, 2010
If both spouses are gainfully employed, would it be wise if the wife waits for the man to do all the payment in the running of the house?
Re: Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? by MissIfe(f): 11:29am On Feb 05, 2010
If both of them are employed they shoul share the expenses of the house, save some money for the family and keep the rest (if any) for their personnal expenses. I believe that we marry to join hands, not to put a heavy burden on our partner's shoulders.

However, there are some situations when things are different: for example if the man (or woman) earns much more than the wife (or husband) and has enough to provide for the whole family as well as for his/her personnal expenses, then he/she should do so and let the other spouse keep his/her money. Things can also be different if the woman stops working to have/raise children etc, But as long as two people work, they should put the money on the table and decide together how to spend it. Women are not kids, if they are working they are supposed to also take responsibility for their families' expenses wink
Re: Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? by SamMilla1(m): 12:23pm On Feb 05, 2010
most silly question of the year,
Re: Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? by crazyworld: 12:25pm On Feb 05, 2010
y do ask dis question which u already no the answer for

man is responsible for most things in the house
Re: Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? by Pharoh: 12:26pm On Feb 05, 2010
Miss_Ife:

If both of them are employed they shoul share the expenses of the house, save some money for the family and keep the rest (if any) for their personnal expenses. I believe that we marry to join hands, not to put a heavy burden on our partner's shoulders.

However, there are some situations when things are different: for example if the man (or woman) earns much more than the wife (or husband) and has enough to provide for the whole family as well as for his/her personnal expenses, then he/she should do so and let the other spouse keep his/her money.  Things can also be different if the woman stops working to have/raise children etc, But as long as two people work, they should put the money on the table and decide together how to spend it. Women are not kids, if they are working they are supposed to also take responsibility for their families' expenses wink

You have raised good points in your post though i don't agree with some part but you really made brilliant points as a woman. smiley
Re: Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? by tkb417(m): 12:31pm On Feb 05, 2010
so what will the woman be using her money for?

buy guguru and epa?
Re: Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? by djojo(m): 12:31pm On Feb 05, 2010
Why should a man be be responsible for every financial exp. in the house when the wife have her own job.
I don't know why most ladies always want to save their own pocket, is she not meant to help her husband in the financial stuff in the house.
Re: Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? by Pharoh: 12:36pm On Feb 05, 2010
djojo:

Why should a man be be responsible for every financial exp. in the house when the wife have her own job.
I don't know why most ladies always want to save their own pocket, is she not meant to help her husband in the financial stuff in the house.

tkb417:

so what will the woman be using her money for?

buy guguru and epa?

For the ladies to agree to the above reasons they will wrongly suggest that you also take part fully in domestic duties (compulsory) and give them the equal rights in every matter relating to the home including even a few independent decisions.
Re: Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? by amebono1: 12:48pm On Feb 05, 2010
how many times will this topic be discussed on nairaland

Reporting the topic jare
Re: Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? by freshmoney(m): 12:51pm On Feb 05, 2010
[b]Most espeically when you marry a PRADA,CHANNEL,GUCCI girl, then you are totally in for it! I am facing danger as well, but thank God she contributes just 30%. My wife is a fashion freak and she can go for a 1500$ handbag, so you should know I am totally in for it!!!! angry angry We are married for some years now,except that freaky lust for fashion, she is a totally good girl!

Good question there, but if your wife seems to be too dependent, then don't let open your salary to her, or she will be expectant of 50% every month if not more! All girls do that and if yours doesn't do that now, believe me shes gonna do that later! The best thing for a man is if you get,let's assume, 80 hundred dollars a month, tell her that you make half of it monthly; some women might even go to the extent of setting up  private investigators to know their husband's monthly income! Thats absurd!

Not that you ain't gonna share anything with your wife, but its good to be wise, cuz women are simpletons. They have a very small brain, and you must lie to them to live with them! [/b] cool sad
Re: Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? by Pharoh: 12:58pm On Feb 05, 2010
^^ Saying it the way it is, i like that.  cool
Re: Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? by tkb417(m): 1:12pm On Feb 05, 2010
talking about designer bags

omo, i don buy one L.Vuiton bag for someones birthday and when i paid, i didnt believe it was a bag i bought.

the amount i paid will buy a piece of land in Abeokuta

this is rubbish o
Re: Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? by karo93: 1:26pm On Feb 05, 2010
I don't think so
BUT
If the woman is ready for the man to be the sole authority in the house then she can leave him to shoulder all the expenses without arguing that she can make decisions too because from time immemorial the reason for the elevation of the male folk over the female is that the male provides.(my opinion)
Re: Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? by Pharoh: 1:41pm On Feb 05, 2010
You are wrong it goes beyond that term providing.
Re: Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? by saintneo(m): 1:43pm On Feb 05, 2010
[size=88pt]YES![/size]
Re: Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? by simplejide(m): 1:50pm On Feb 05, 2010
if all ladies were like miss ife, the world would be a better place.
Re: Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? by texazzpete(m): 1:57pm On Feb 05, 2010
Sam Milla:

most silly question of the year,

Pretty ironic, when you consider the fact that 70% of the topics you've opened (and the questions you subsequently ask) are rather silly grin
Re: Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? by sulad82i(m): 2:00pm On Feb 05, 2010
simplejide:

if all ladies were like miss ife, the world would be a better place.

I'm with u
Re: Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? by Spyker: 2:05pm On Feb 05, 2010
Why did you use the word "whole"?
Re: Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? by Breeposh: 2:07pm On Feb 05, 2010
I don't think a man should be left with d bills alone.D woman should take part  @least 25percent so dat d man being d man will have d feeling of taking d greater part.
Re: Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? by ud4u: 2:21pm On Feb 05, 2010
The man is the head of the house and the woman is the assistant. But if it happens that the woman is earning more than the man she will bring more.

Men pray that you can provide for your family, not waiting when you bring one naira, your wife will bring one naira too
Re: Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? by bj80(m): 2:25pm On Feb 05, 2010
Yes. It is the duty of the man to provide for the family but in a situation whereby your wife is gainfully employed and she is God fearing type she may just support you. That is to say she is going by the bible saying that they are helper. For a man, you just have to supply everything and that makes you a better head at home. I pray for every man that God will provide all our needs.
Re: Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? by SamMilla1(m): 2:26pm On Feb 05, 2010
texazzpete:

Pretty ironic, when you consider the fact that 70% of the topics you've opened (and the questions you subsequently ask) are rather silly  grin

keep stalking me. i have a fanpage on facebook because of my silly ideas. you can join, just search for 'sam milla'

kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? by bj80(m): 2:30pm On Feb 05, 2010
Yes. It is the duty of the man to provide for the family but in a situation whereby your wife is gainfully employed and she is God fearing type she may just support you. That is to say she is going by the bible saying that they are helper. For a man, you just have to supply everything and that makes you a better head at home. I pray for every man that God will provide all our needs.
Re: Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? by denzel2009: 2:35pm On Feb 05, 2010
freshmoney:

[b]Most espeically when you marry a PRADA,CHANNEL,GUCCI girl, then you are totally in for it! I am facing danger as well, but thank God she contributes just 30%. My wife is a fashion freak and she can go for a 1500$ handbag, so you should know I am totally in for it!!!! angry angry We are married for some years now,except that freaky lust for fashion, she is a totally good girl!

Good question there, but if your wife seems to be too dependent, then don't let open your salary to her, or she will be expectant of 50% every month if not more! All girls do that and if yours doesn't do that now, believe me shes gonna do that later! The best thing for a man is if you get,let's assume, 80 hundred dollars a month, tell her that you make half of it monthly; some women might even go to the extent of setting up  private investigators to know their husband's monthly income! Thats absurd!

Not that you ain't gonna share anything with your wife, but its good to be wise, [b]cuz women are simpletons. They have a very small brain, and you must lie to them to live with them! [/b] cool sad[/b]

I take it none of the ladies have seen this.

Really, if the wife is not working, the man can foot everything otherwise give her some responsibilities else she will buy all the gold in dubai.
Re: Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? by CBTonline(m): 2:36pm On Feb 05, 2010
I think the burden should be shared. This is based on the understanding of both partners and in a situation where there is genuine love, i don't see it as an issue that is worth debating. Can two walk together except they agree? They have agreed to share assets and liabuilities as need be.
Re: Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 05, 2010
when he want to act like a lion yes
Re: Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? by slap1(m): 2:48pm On Feb 05, 2010
If u marry an imbecilic kid, y not? But if u marry an older woman -- like my neighbour -- she will treat u like a baby, if both of u gat money she would be more forthcoming with hers. NB: NASTY THINGS KEEP HITTING THE FRONT PAGE AND I OFTEN GET INTO ANODA THREAD WHEN I'VE CLICKED ANODA, SEUN TAKE NOTE!
Re: Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? by krama(m): 2:53pm On Feb 05, 2010
Yes the man should bear the whole financial expenses in the house! And also give the wife some money for her personal use which she doesn't have to account for.  
And the woman? Purely at her discretion whether or not to support (but then she should in one way or the other if she has)
Re: Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? by ayettymama(f): 2:58pm On Feb 05, 2010
i cant spk for the womens community

but i believe theres a reason why the man is the man

a women can take up some responsibilities

like food and clothes and luxuries for the family

but i think the man shuld be responsible for the essentials

like the school fees the hse rent the cars  blah bla

if the woman earns more then she can prob do more if the man cant afford it

but i dont see anything wrong in splitting 50/50
i just wont do it  grin grin grin grin grin

*runs away*
Re: Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? by Cyberfreak(f): 2:58pm On Feb 05, 2010
^Yes. That page thing can be annoying. What is wrong with Nairaland?
@topic,
no, I dont believe that men should be 100% responsible. Women should also contribute. Do they not share the title of 'head of the house' with the men? Why on earth would they not be breadwinners like them?
Re: Should The Man Bear The Whole Financial Expenses In The House? by Cyberfreak(f): 3:04pm On Feb 05, 2010
Yeah. And women along with being fellow breadwinners can also see to being solely in charge of domestic chores, carrying and taking care of the children, taking care of the husband and making him happy by cooking for him, loving him, bathing him, combing his hair, brushing his teeth etc.
They should get off their backsides and stop moaning about being the weaker intimacy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How 2-month-old Baby Was Stolen In Market On Christmas EVE / Help! My Niece Wants To Take Over My Husband. / Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.