Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" (8364 Views)

"Men Are Totally Useless" - Lady Tells Man Who Advised Wives / How Infidelity Landed Some Nigerian Men And Women In Hospitals / Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by greatness22(m): 7:47pm On Feb 08, 2016
When a woman cheats on the husband, Nigerians brings the bible in and remind you that the bible accepts divorce when a partner cheats. But when a man cheats on the wife and contact HIV from his numerous lovers, Nigerians tell the wife to show him more love, they tell her marriage is for better for worse, they tell her to make love to him with a condom, they tell her not to leave because God hates divorce. Why are we like this nah? why the double standards? what exactly is their offence in this country? Being women? Jesus!!! . What the fvck is all these?

13 Likes

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by jmoore(m): 7:52pm On Feb 08, 2016

1 Like

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Pidggin(f): 7:58pm On Feb 08, 2016
greatness22:
When a woman cheats on the husband,
Nigerians brings the bible in and remind
you that the bible accepts divorce when a
partner cheats. But when a man cheats
on the wife and contact HIV from his
numerous lovers, Nigerians tell the wife to show him more love, they tell her
marriage is for better for worse, they tell
her to make love to him with a condom,
they tell her not to leave because God
hates divorce. Why are we like this nah?
why the double standards? what exactly is their offence in this country? Being
women? Jesus!!! .
What the fvck is all these?

Don't be surprised that some ladies will come on here and criticize you along with your fellow men. Lack of exposure is the major problem.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Tallesty1(m): 8:06pm On Feb 08, 2016
Pidggin:

Don't be surprised that some ladies will come on here and criticize you along with your fellow men. Lack of exposure is the major problem.
So you actually believed all the "nonsense" that the op said?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by greatness22(m): 8:07pm On Feb 08, 2016
Pidggin:

Indeed, lack of exposure is one of the problem... They are free to criticize.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Pidggin(f): 8:09pm On Feb 08, 2016
Tallesty1:
So you actually believed all the "nonsense" that the op said?

Why not? Everything he said is true.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Elosky20: 8:11pm On Feb 08, 2016
greatness22:
women? Jesus!!! .
we are in the world of men. also the curse that was laid on eve by God has a big role to play towards gender bias around the world.
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Tallesty1(m): 8:13pm On Feb 08, 2016
Pidggin:

Why not? Everything he said is true.
So all these women that divorce their cheating husbands both in court and outside the court are foreigners?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by greatness22(m): 8:15pm On Feb 08, 2016
Elosky20:

we are in the world of men. also the curse that was laid on eve by God has a big role to play towards gender bias around the world.
World of men? Pls explain
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Elosky20: 8:26pm On Feb 08, 2016
greatness22:
World of men? Pls explain
Genesis 3:16 To the woman He said, "I will greatly multiply Your pain in childbirth, In pain you will bring forth children; Yet your desire will be for your husband, And he will rule over you."

1 Like

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Pidggin(f): 8:33pm On Feb 08, 2016
Tallesty1:
So all these women that divorce their cheating husbands both in court and outside the court are foreigners?

Did you read what he wrote? He said "They tell her not to" this is very true. Most women that end up divorcing their spouse, often do it despite criticism and stigmatization

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by greatness22(m): 8:42pm On Feb 08, 2016
Elosky20:
Genesis 3:16 To the woman He said, "I will greatly multiply Your pain in childbirth, In pain you will bring forth children; Yet your desire will be for your husband, And he will rule over you."
Hmm, ok sir.
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by greatness22(m): 8:44pm On Feb 08, 2016
Pidggin:

Did you read what he wrote? He said "They tell her not to" this is very true. Most women that end up divorcing their spouse, often do it despite criticism and stigmatization
you nailed it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Elosky20: 9:00pm On Feb 08, 2016
greatness22:
Hmm, ok sir.
are u convinced
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by greatness22(m): 9:10pm On Feb 08, 2016
Elosky20:
are u convinced
Not totally convinced.
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Miami11: 9:31pm On Feb 08, 2016
Poster I agree, am not Nigerian and this was the first concept i realized as soon as I joined this forum.

Unfortunately you will find a lot of women that have believed this is how it's supposed to be.

It is sad.

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by greatness22(m): 9:42pm On Feb 08, 2016
Miami11:
Poster I agree, am not Nigerian and this was the first concept i realized as soon as I joined this forum.

Unfortunately you will find a lot of women that have believed this is how it's supposed to be.

It is sad.
Those women who think that way lack exposure.... I pray they see the "light"

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 08, 2016
Pidggin:

the same thing happens on the men's side.
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by crackhaus: 10:00pm On Feb 08, 2016
greatness22:
women? Jesus!!! .
It's just how it is, and its how it's gon be for a very long time... The earlier people deal with this reality, the better for them.

Why blow a gasket over who's allowed to cheat and who's not...
I think it's women who have the intention to cheat that worry about this. grin
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by greatness22(m): 10:06pm On Feb 08, 2016
[quote author=crackhaus post=42745246]
It's just how it is, and its how it's gon be for a very long time... The earlier people deal with this reality, the better for them.
Now, this is a very wrong ideaology.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Miami11: 10:07pm On Feb 08, 2016
greatness22:
Those women who think that way lack exposure.... I pray they see the "light"
It is culture, lack of exposure, ignorance among many other factors, education and financial status are also culprits

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by crackhaus: 10:10pm On Feb 08, 2016
greatness22:
Now, this is a very wrong ideaology
Wrong according to who? You?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by crackhaus: 10:12pm On Feb 08, 2016
Miami11:

[s]It is culture, lack of exposure, ignorance among many other factors, education and financial status[/s] are also culprits
Bullshiit!

Even in the beloved western countries like USofA, it's the same attitude towards cheating husbands vs cheating wives...don't kid yourself.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by greatness22(m): 10:12pm On Feb 08, 2016
Miami11:

It is culture, lack of exposure, ignorance among many other factors, education and financial status are also culprits
Very correct.... Especially education

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Miami11: 10:17pm On Feb 08, 2016
crackhaus:

Bullshiit!

Even in the beloved western countries like USofA, it's the same attitude towards cheating husbands vs cheating wived...don't kid yourself.
I thought we were talking of Nigeria collectively
Wonder why you are bringing up US, am sure you've not leaved in the states per se.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by crackhaus: 10:29pm On Feb 08, 2016
greatness22:
Very correct.... Especially education
Very wrong..

It's everywhere and not particular to Nigeria.

http://www.m.webmd.com/men/features/our-cheating-hearts

http://madamenoire.com/437862/ask-a-very-smart-brotha-why-dont-men-forgive-cheating-women/

Those aren't Nigerians.
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by greatness22(m): 10:34pm On Feb 08, 2016
crackhaus:

Very wrong..

It's everywhere and not particular to Nigeria.

http://www.m.webmd.com/men/features/our-cheating-hearts

http://madamenoire.com/437862/ask-a-very-smart-brotha-why-dont-men-forgive-cheating-women/

Those aren't Nigerians.
So what's your point sir?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by crackhaus: 10:36pm On Feb 08, 2016
Miami11:

I thought we were talking of Nigeria collectively
Wonder why you are bringing up US, am sure you've not leaved in the states per se.
This was your post:

It is culture, lack of exposure, ignorance among many other factors, education...

Were you or were you not implying that the way Nigerians view cheating is as a result of culture, lack of exposure, bla bla blabbity bla?
I simply made reference that the beloved western nations of which I named USA as one, still generally have the same thinking.

Whether you're so sure of where I've lived or where I've not lived, is only a construct of your defensive mind and a diversionary tactic employed to shift focus...totally irrelevant to the discussion.
Same way I could be so sure that you've not lived in Miami per se, but chose to name your moniker after the city above all else...but who cares? Still totally irrelevant to the discussion. gringrin

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Miami11: 10:43pm On Feb 08, 2016
crackhaus:

This was your post:

It is culture, lack of exposure, ignorance among many other factors, education...

Were you or were you not implying the way Nigerians view it is as a result of culture, lack of exposure, bla bla blabbity bla?
I simply made reference that the beloved western nations of which I named USA as one, still generally have the same thinking.

Whether you're so sure where I've lived or where I've not lived, is only a construct of your defensive mind and a diversionary tactic employed to shift focus.
Same way I could be so sure that you've not lived in Miami per se, but chose the nick above all else...but who cares? cheesy
You have your opinion I have mine. We don't have to agree or disagree on anything, deuces!

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by crackhaus: 10:50pm On Feb 08, 2016
greatness22:
So what's your point sir?
My point Sir is that your point as quoted form your topic heading "Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" and your subsequent opening post which cites how Nigerians view cheating, is totally, completely, and irrevocably wrong...not to mention also uneducated, short-sighted, and very limited due to the scope of knowledge and information available to you at the time before I posted those links to broaden your myopic horizon.

Now do you understand, Sir?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by crackhaus: 10:55pm On Feb 08, 2016
Miami11:

You have your opinion I have mine. We don't have to agree or disagree on anything, deuces!
gringrin

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant." - Harlan Ellison

Deuces!

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by cococandy(f): 10:58pm On Feb 08, 2016
While you're right OP,
It is like that for those who want it to be.

If it was only in the case of cheating, it would even be good. There's active oppression of the female gender in Nigeria and only those who don't like the truth claim it is otherwise.
While the others will tell you it is supposed to be so. (According to their God of course) whom they've never seen but believe he endorses such.

Those who the status quo favor will look for every means and reason to ensure it is perpetuated with support form those who it doesn't favor but are too timid to go against the crowd.

That's why the debate fight will always go on until one there's equilibrium or one side gives in. cool

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating? / ‘I Took Off My Underwear’ (A Must Read For All Ladies And Mummies-MEN Keep-Off) / Why Cant My Married Friend Be My Chief Bridesmaid?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.