Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Facebook Is Adding Advertisements To Messenger - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook Is Adding Advertisements To Messenger (1232 Views)

Phone Tech Site Genius Specs Offers Free Advertisements To All Entrepreneur / Whatsapp May Start Showing Enterprise Advertisements Soon / Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook Is Adding Advertisements To Messenger by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:06am On Jul 18, 2017
Perhaps you and I may open Facebook one day and half the screen is covered with ads.

sad sad
Facebook is working on adding advertisements on its standalone messenger app. As you know, there are already quite a lot of ads on Facebook. So it's quite unsurprising to see Facebook want to place ads on Messenger

These Ads will be displayed in the home screen of Messenger, where you can see your most recent chats. The ads will be placed in a way that it matches the U.I of messenger but the space the ads will take up is definitely not going to be unnoticed.

This feature will be rolled out globally within a couple of weeks. It might also take up to a year as well for the feature to be available globally.

I must say that the idea of ads on messenger is really going to be annoying. I certainly hope they don't decide to add ads to Whatsapp. What do you think?

1 Like

Re: Facebook Is Adding Advertisements To Messenger by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:06am On Jul 18, 2017
Re: Facebook Is Adding Advertisements To Messenger by Tiffbuxas: 8:15am On Jul 18, 2017
Uve never really bin a fan of messenger tho.... But one thing Is for sure, if you make your app annoying people will look for another app to give them better services ask bbm and Co

Autocorrect can be a real pain
Re: Facebook Is Adding Advertisements To Messenger by henryobinna(m): 8:18am On Jul 18, 2017
This had always been cooking in the kitchen, they did the test running with the messenger story thing.

So expect it soon, I just pray it's cheaper to advertise on Messenger than any other Facebook product.

Meanwhile, Download Best Movie Apps For Your Phone Now
Re: Facebook Is Adding Advertisements To Messenger by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 18, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
Perhaps you and I may open Facebook one day and half the screen is covered with ads.

sad sad
Facebook is working on adding advertisements on its standalone messenger app. As you know, there are already quite a lot of ads on Facebook. So it's quite unsurprising to see Facebook want to place ads on Messenger

These Ads will be displayed in the home screen of Messenger, where you can see your most recent chats. The ads will be placed in a way that it matches the U.I of messenger but the space the ads will take up is definitely not going to be unnoticed.

This feature will be rolled out globally within a couple of weeks. It might also take up to a year as well for the feature to be available globally.

I must say that the idea of ads on messenger is really going to be annoying. I certainly hope they don't decide to add ads to Whatsapp. What do you think?

Cool
Re: Facebook Is Adding Advertisements To Messenger by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:01am On Jul 21, 2017
henryobinna:
This had always been cooking in the kitchen, they did the test running with the messenger story thing.

So expect it soon, I just pray it's cheaper to advertise on Messenger than any other Facebook product.

Meanwhile, Download Best Movie Apps For Your Phone Now

I never really liked the idea of advertisements on messenger
Re: Facebook Is Adding Advertisements To Messenger by henryobinna(m): 7:39am On Jul 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

I never really liked the idea of advertisements on messenger
are you talking from the pointof view of user or advertiser?
Re: Facebook Is Adding Advertisements To Messenger by Oyindebrah(f): 7:48am On Jul 21, 2017
I hate Facebook, I prefer twitter...mark is not fair
Re: Facebook Is Adding Advertisements To Messenger by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:02am On Jul 21, 2017
henryobinna:
are you talking from the pointof view of user or advertiser?
user's view
Re: Facebook Is Adding Advertisements To Messenger by henryobinna(m): 8:38am On Jul 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
user's view
most users won't like it but the company has to do what it can to be alive.
Re: Facebook Is Adding Advertisements To Messenger by NaijaTechGuy(m): 11:21am On Jul 21, 2017
henryobinna:

most users won't like it but the company has to do what it can to be alive.
A disgruntled user base is the last thing Facebook wants. But they're heading in that direction slowly.
Re: Facebook Is Adding Advertisements To Messenger by MarkWayne89: 1:14pm On Jul 21, 2017
This will be way too annoying. Facebook is exaggerating with these ads...
Re: Facebook Is Adding Advertisements To Messenger by NaijaTechGuy(m): 3:01pm On Jul 21, 2017
MarkWayne89:

Seriously
Re: Facebook Is Adding Advertisements To Messenger by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:09am On Jul 22, 2017
Oyindebrah:
I hate Facebook, I prefer twitter...mark is not fair
why do you hate Facebook nah grin
Re: Facebook Is Adding Advertisements To Messenger by Oyindebrah(f): 12:51pm On Jul 22, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
why do you hate Facebook nah grin
they block people too much on that app
Re: Facebook Is Adding Advertisements To Messenger by Oyindebrah(f): 12:51pm On Jul 22, 2017
MarkWayne89:
they just wanna piss more people off,and surely they will get it..
Re: Facebook Is Adding Advertisements To Messenger by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:34pm On Jul 22, 2017
Oyindebrah:
they block people too much on that app
lol okay

(1) (Reply)

You Won't believe What D'banj Did Today / Help: Android Kitkat 4.4.2 Upgrade To Lollipop / Vivo X20 Plus Under Display Fingerprint Official Specs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.