Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

How Credible Are Car Purchases On OLX - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How Credible Are Car Purchases On OLX (451 Views)

Be Careful With This Fraudster On OLX / How Credible Are Care Sales On OLX / Why Are Car Dealers Hiking Prices Here On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Credible Are Car Purchases On OLX by Mydazz(m): 10:54am On Jul 18, 2017
Good day to you all, thinking of getting a pocket friendly small car, and I have seen very good prices on OLX, I just want your view or experience on buying cars from OLX Thanks
Re: How Credible Are Car Purchases On OLX by ubergold(m): 11:09am On Jul 18, 2017
I think it boils down to how you handle it personally. There are many stories of people buying cars that were not as good as advertised. There are also many success stories. I sold my car through Olx and I have helped a friend purchase through olx too. Ensure that you physically inspect the car, if you are not too conversant with car condition, get a mechanic. Also be careful not to fall in the hands of scammers. Anyone who tells you to make a payment without you even seeing the car is most likely a scam. Also ensure you meet in a public place for inspection and don't go alone
Re: How Credible Are Car Purchases On OLX by Mydazz(m): 3:27pm On Jul 18, 2017
ubergold:
I think it boils down to how you handle it personally. There are many stories of people buying cars that were not as good as advertised. There are also many success stories. I sold my car through Olx and I have helped a friend purchase through olx too. Ensure that you physically inspect the car, if you are not too conversant with car condition, get a mechanic. Also be careful not to fall in the hands of scammers. Anyone who tells you to make a payment without you even seeing the car is most likely a scam. Also ensure you meet in a public place for inspection and don't go alone
Thanks a lot man, I really appreciate this.

(1) (Reply)

Tokumbo F250 Rare Opportunity / Used Clean Honda Chatsworth For 650k Price Negotiable / 2005 Ford Escape Limited Edition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.