Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,082 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Charly Boy Reacts To Foreign Video Ban By FG, Blasts Lai Mohammed - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Charly Boy Reacts To Foreign Video Ban By FG, Blasts Lai Mohammed (37894 Views)

2020 Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Reacts After Being Nominated / Burna Boy Reacts To The Death Of Johnson Kolade / Rapper Yung6ix Blasts Lai Mohammed Over Foreign Video Ban. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Foreign Video Ban By FG, Blasts Lai Mohammed by ol2012: 2:43pm On Jul 18, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:
I am not a fan of Lai Muhammed and he goofed yet again, BUT this article wasn't professionally presented at all.

I am shocked a MOD was foolish enough to push this to the FP. Articles should be presented from a neutral perspective

I await a long ban.....

I'd suggest you read the article again. This time, very slowly as I strongly believe the man made sense(though I'm not his fan)

Meanwhile, it's a good thing you're already expecting a "long ban" going by your remarks about the mod that pushed this to front page. I can only imagine how long the ban will be.

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Foreign Video Ban By FG, Blasts Lai Mohammed by Iamzik: 2:44pm On Jul 18, 2017
MadCow1:
That comment was directed more towards Multichoice for staging Big Brother Nigeria in South Africa. And on that I agree with Mr. Mohammed.

That was a really shitty move by Multichoice.

Multichoice is a South African company. What did you expect?

Who stopped Nigeria from establishing a credible competitor? What happened to HITV?

Upon all the talk una no get light...
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Foreign Video Ban By FG, Blasts Lai Mohammed by GeneralOjukwu: 2:45pm On Jul 18, 2017
fumiswtpusy:

Charly is not a technocrat but an entertainer and the article was entertaining.of cause you won't see it that way because in life you only see what you want to see.
Zombiee I hope buharis health is not affecting your salary as a BMC staff.

Don't worry...my BMC salary is far higher than your worthless father can ever hope to earn. grin
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Foreign Video Ban By FG, Blasts Lai Mohammed by GeneralOjukwu: 2:46pm On Jul 18, 2017
ol2012:

I'd suggest you read the article again. This time, very slowly as I strongly believe the man made sense(though I'm not his fan)

Meanwhile, it's a good thing you're already expecting a "long ban" going by your remarks about the mod that pushed this to front page. I can only imagine how long the ban will be.

LOL. Thanks for your concern, Sir. I don't really give a sh1t about their bans. They know wink
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Foreign Video Ban By FG, Blasts Lai Mohammed by efonat(m): 2:46pm On Jul 18, 2017
The younger generation should take the mantle of leadership and fix this country. We have slept enough. No youth should vote any aspirant older than 40 yrs come next election, irrespective of the party. Pass it on.
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Foreign Video Ban By FG, Blasts Lai Mohammed by fumiswtpusy(f): 2:48pm On Jul 18, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

Don't worry...my BMC salary is far higher than your worthless father can ever hope to earn. grin
My father is a yoruba man,the same people you were hired to defend their interest with their northern brothers.
So are you now telling me that almost all yoruba men are poor.
Tosyne2much.
Myd44 he said yorubas are poor people.ban him asap
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Foreign Video Ban By FG, Blasts Lai Mohammed by Maeka(m): 2:48pm On Jul 18, 2017
THIS IS WHAT YOU GET AND HEAR WHEN YOU MAKE A RELIGIOUS EXTREMIST TO HEAD ANY PUBLIC APPOINTMENT OR MINISTRY IN NIGERIA.
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Foreign Video Ban By FG, Blasts Lai Mohammed by BlackMbakara1(m): 2:48pm On Jul 18, 2017
Personally i like the Nigeria content idea, alot will be benefited if implemented. If we continue to do things the way we are doing currently, there will be no room for continuous business improvement and economic turn around.

The government should call a stake-holder meeting and agree on something; possibly a 70% Nigerian content which in turn will boost our economy.

People don't seem to understand and differentiate between individuals and corporate which is why they are mixing up medical tourism, schooling etc to business. As a brand name say like "Starboy", i believe that brand name is duly registered in Nigeria and an intent of selling any service or product in Nigeria; question, why do 100% video content abroad and the ladies mostly used as light skinned or "oyibo"?

Though i support the view that government still needs to do more in terms of infrastructure so as to reduce outflows without too much policies...but our inferiority complex will not allow us be even if we have such in place, as we believe anything foreign is the best. e.g Gucci, Champagne etc

#Sound minds let's debate objectively
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Foreign Video Ban By FG, Blasts Lai Mohammed by nwakibie3(m): 2:49pm On Jul 18, 2017
MadCow1:
That comment was directed more towards Multichoice for staging Big Brother Nigeria in South Africa. And on that I agree with Mr. Mohammed.

Do u know what it would've cost them just to have uninterrupted power supply for that 3 months?

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Foreign Video Ban By FG, Blasts Lai Mohammed by MadCow1: 2:49pm On Jul 18, 2017
Iamzik:

Multichoice is a South African company. What did you expect?

Who stopped Nigeria from establishing a credible competitor? What happened to HITV?

Upon all the talk una no get light...

Well they still make money from Nigeria and the show was supposed to be Nigerian and sold in the Nigerian Market meaning it can be regulated..

HITV was a great idea with bad planning. They entered the Market at the right time with the wrong motive so they crashed and burned.

And yes we don't have light. Yet DSTV is here and making more money here than they do in even South Africa.
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Foreign Video Ban By FG, Blasts Lai Mohammed by GeneralOjukwu: 2:51pm On Jul 18, 2017
fumiswtpusy:

My father is a yoruba man,the same people you were hired to defend their interest with their northern brothers.
So are you now telling me that almost all yoruba men are poor.
Tosyne2much.
Myd44 he said yorubas are poor people.ban him asap

Yawn. ..cry and beg the MODs.

When mudslinging, be careful some guys would reply.

I just gave you the harsh truth, it's not meant to be sweet.

I am a nice guy by the way, tell your dad to send 2 passport photographs for employment at BMC. We don't want him hungry and breeding cr3tins grin
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Foreign Video Ban By FG, Blasts Lai Mohammed by MadCow1: 2:51pm On Jul 18, 2017
nwakibie3:

Do u know what it would've cost them just to have uninterrupted power supply for that 3 months?

You make it sound like they don't already do business here in Nigeria. And remind me again where the first "Big Brother Nigeria" was staged? The one Ebuka and Gideon Okeke were in that was won by one Hausa Guy.

Let's get serious here and stop looking for excuses.

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Foreign Video Ban By FG, Blasts Lai Mohammed by lagosrd: 2:52pm On Jul 18, 2017
APC should be careful because it's seem you guys have your bag leg on the mat that will get you out of govern. And it's called diplomacy but when diplomacy goes wrong it's simply telling lies. The worst of all is when those you rule that getting the negative interpretation of your intentions and good will you're in absolute trouble.
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Foreign Video Ban By FG, Blasts Lai Mohammed by GrApHicGuRu(m): 2:52pm On Jul 18, 2017
shocked
Learn music production online..
Watch and download d videos
+2348103161444

Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Foreign Video Ban By FG, Blasts Lai Mohammed by Marvidris(f): 2:52pm On Jul 18, 2017
Mehn! dis reply is epic... tell 'em make dem hearMehn! dis reply is epic... tell 'em make dem hearMehn! dis reply is epic... tell 'em make dem hear
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Foreign Video Ban By FG, Blasts Lai Mohammed by fumiswtpusy(f): 2:54pm On Jul 18, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

Yawn. ..cry and beg the MODs.

When mudslinging, be careful some guys would reply.

I just gave you the harsh truth, it's not meant to be sweet.
When I upload my other picture you will beg me to have sex.dont ever pm me ok because I won't accept.even if all nairaland guys have sex with me you won't see my pant I promise you that tongue
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Foreign Video Ban By FG, Blasts Lai Mohammed by RealHaute: 2:54pm On Jul 18, 2017
Narldon:
LAI MOHAMMED EYAFF CRAZE COMPLETELY!!

What language is this?
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Foreign Video Ban By FG, Blasts Lai Mohammed by anytexy: 2:55pm On Jul 18, 2017
Abegii, let our government be reasonable joor.
However, if they want to tread that path, they
should first withdraw their kids from schools
abroad, declare that no politician should go for
medical treatment abroad, bring our president
back to Aso Rock, after all, billions of Naira has
been spent on the Abuja clinic - another national
fraud by the pack of criminals occupying
positions of power. Ohh... They should also make
sure they provide uninterrupted power supply, fix
our bad roads and build monuments that would
attract tourists across the world. Because,
patronizing made in Nigeria products must be a
head to bottom policy.

I love these part . Nigerians our mumu don duooo!
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Foreign Video Ban By FG, Blasts Lai Mohammed by whizzyleejr(m): 2:59pm On Jul 18, 2017
I'm not surprised since they've told the super eagles coach to show them invited player list for approval,
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Foreign Video Ban By FG, Blasts Lai Mohammed by GeneralOjukwu: 3:02pm On Jul 18, 2017
fumiswtpusy:

When I upload my other picture you will beg me to have sex.dont ever pm me ok because I won't accept.even if all nairaland guys have sex with me you won't see my pant I promise you that tongue

I already have a full harem.

I have taste...I don't like high-mileage chicks.

By the way. ..I know you are a guy wink

Where are the passports I asked for? limited period ooo
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Foreign Video Ban By FG, Blasts Lai Mohammed by kenny1313(m): 3:02pm On Jul 18, 2017
Justuceleague2:
As if the ediot don ever shoot video for Africa let alone oversea

If you want publicity pay for airtime on CNN

I guess it's your age, so I won't blame you. Go and get fact from history.
Charly boy na man, he the voice for the voiceless. Give respect to elders and people who can risk there life to fight the government because of your condition. FELA..... EEDRIS ABDULKAREEM.... Majek fashek.

2 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Foreign Video Ban By FG, Blasts Lai Mohammed by ephraim18(m): 3:03pm On Jul 18, 2017
stupid government. stupid set of ministers that are old enough to die and go to hell
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Foreign Video Ban By FG, Blasts Lai Mohammed by DanielPop(m): 3:09pm On Jul 18, 2017
MULTICHOICE Reacts..."“‎We have a fully equipped house in South Africa, which is used for the Big Brother shows. “This means that we are able to achieve high production values whilst meeting tight timelines and ensuring the show comes to our viewers on time as planned, and with the same globally renowned quality".

I agree.

Every project is implemented under certain constraints – traditionally, they are cost, time and scope. Let us take cost component alone. Cost - MultiChoice has a fully built and equipped house in South Africa. The budget to do that in Nigeria might be in the region of 1bn. 1bn savings on a project is not beans! All the travels from Nigeria to SA and back taken from the 1bn savings cannot exceed 20% of 1bn so the savings is still substantial. Meanwhile, almost all the guest performers were Nigerians and were paid to do so, meaning Nigerians were empowered! Yes, for facilitating sms, telecom companies made profit and paid taxes to Nigeria. So where is your point? Multichoice like other, are interested in maximising profit while cutting cost....so do you blame them if the cost of doing business in Nigeria is higher than doing same business in SA?

MadCow1:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Foreign Video Ban By FG, Blasts Lai Mohammed by stilldoingokay(f): 3:11pm On Jul 18, 2017
single, common sense there don't have
I can't believe they're the ones in power
I don't just know what we have done to deserve such mentally drained set of people

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Foreign Video Ban By FG, Blasts Lai Mohammed by Benjor: 3:13pm On Jul 18, 2017
]Enough of this nonsense from liars in government.
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Foreign Video Ban By FG, Blasts Lai Mohammed by MadCow1: 3:13pm On Jul 18, 2017
DanielPop:
MULTICHOICE Reacts..."“‎We have a fully equipped house in South Africa, which is used for the Big Brother shows. “This means that we are able to achieve high production values whilst meeting tight timelines and ensuring the show comes to our viewers on time as planned, and with the same globally renowned quality".

I agree.

Every project is implemented under certain constraints – traditionally, they are cost, time and scope. Let us take cost component alone. Cost - MultiChoice has a fully built and equipped house in South Africa. The budget to do that in Nigeria might be in the region of 1bn. 1bn savings on a project is not beans! All the travels from Nigeria to SA and back taken from the 1bn savings cannot exceed 20% of 1bn so the savings is still substantial. Meanwhile, almost all the guest performers were Nigerians and were paid to do so, meaning Nigerians were empowered! Yes, for facilitating sms, telecom companies made profit and paid taxes to Nigeria. So where is your point? Multichoice like other, are interested in maximising profit while cutting cost....so do you blame them if the cost of doing business in Nigeria is higher than doing same business in SA?

That's a reasonable repose from you and I can't argue with that. But it still was a shitty move notwithstanding.
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Foreign Video Ban By FG, Blasts Lai Mohammed by morbeta(m): 3:16pm On Jul 18, 2017
A friend of mine whose mother was admitted in UBTH Benin, said he was in the hospital premises one night around 11:30pm and he saw group of people arguing political issues. He decided to join since he was bored, he said the topic was Lai Momammhed!!
He said a lot of them were complaining bitterly about the man and his disturbing lies. He said when the argument became hot and loud some security personnels of the hospital came to enquire what was going on....
Surprised he was the person being addressed. He told them they were arguing and the security men were amazed and told him he has been crying for over an hour here. Confused! he turned to discover that he was gisting and arguing with Ghosts. Ghosts whose anger were on Lai Mohammed.
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Foreign Video Ban By FG, Blasts Lai Mohammed by DanielPop(m): 3:17pm On Jul 18, 2017
So you want them to operate and lose money before you call it a wise move? Na wa for you o! U go fit run business so?
MadCow1:

That's a reasonable repose from you and I can't argue with that. But it still was a shitty move notwithstanding.
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Foreign Video Ban By FG, Blasts Lai Mohammed by repogirl(f): 3:22pm On Jul 18, 2017
Well said, Charlie boy.

These hypocrites need to be cut down to their roots. They would rather send their families abroad, than do much to develop this country and they have mouth to come and stop others from doing same? Not going to happen.

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Foreign Video Ban By FG, Blasts Lai Mohammed by MadCow1: 3:26pm On Jul 18, 2017
DanielPop:
So you want them to operate and lose money before you call it a wise move? Na wa for you o! U go fit run business so?

I see your point. But many times business isn't just all about what you just posted. There are many things you consider aside sheer profit.

How much would it have cost them to stage the show in Nigeria and how much would it take off of their profit? Remember they have hosted this same show before in Nigeria and it was profitable and thus led to them doing a second. From a purely profit point of view, yes your point made sense, but then you throw in other factors including P.R, it was not worth it. Multichoice and Nigeria would have benefitted a ton from it being hosted here. Alot of industries would have benefited and alot of the money would have stayed in this economy not South Africa.

So to me it was a shitty move in the end we all are not direct shareholders with Multichoice but alot of people here would have benefitted from it being hosted here.
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Foreign Video Ban By FG, Blasts Lai Mohammed by misspineapple(f): 3:27pm On Jul 18, 2017
Intelligent write up..Leave dat useless minister of goofs and gaffs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Liya Sharibu: Daddy Freeze And IK Osakioduwa React To Dapchi Christian Girl / Pictures From Chris Ubah's Daughter's Wedding / Efe: “Yahoo Boys Bring Money Into The Economy” — 2017 Bbnaija Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.