Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,833 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Lai Mohammed Reacts To Criticism Over FG Move To Stop Music Production Abroad - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed Reacts To Criticism Over FG Move To Stop Music Production Abroad (44001 Views)

Amina Mohammed Reacts To Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa / Lai Mohammed Reacts To Suspension Of CJN Onnoghen / Ilorin Emirate: Lai Mohammed Reacts To Criticism Trailing Comments, Slams Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lai Mohammed Reacts To Criticism Over FG Move To Stop Music Production Abroad by lexy2014: 7:19am On Jul 19, 2017
woodcook:

My brother you did well spelling it out for him, I hope he understands.
God bless

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Reacts To Criticism Over FG Move To Stop Music Production Abroad by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 19, 2017
lexy2014:
God bless

Remain blessed!
Re: Lai Mohammed Reacts To Criticism Over FG Move To Stop Music Production Abroad by chimauga(m): 7:51am On Jul 19, 2017
NDI ALA
Re: Lai Mohammed Reacts To Criticism Over FG Move To Stop Music Production Abroad by demefa(m): 8:01am On Jul 19, 2017
bencarson007:

Nothing kills faster than management.
Tekno gave out some money to some Nigerians recently
P-Square paid for the heart surgery of a kid who sadly passed away later on
Davido built a house for a small child and his mom and also sent the little boy back to school
Tuface Idibia is currently vacationing with our soldiers at Sambisa forest (something none of these useless politicians would dare)

They can only do the little they can in their little ways. These guys work hard for their money. How many of them have political affiliations as you claim? VERY FEW

Do they speak about the ills of society like Fela? YES.
Tekno - Rara
Tuface -Mr Senator
Tuface - E be like say

And a host of others

Bros I don't dispute your points as they are your opinion. But Lai is one of the fools that is destroying this country with his stupid lies and propaganda.
This policy is ill-timed as we don't have the enabling environment, security, infrastructure and other basic indices that these artistes desire.

So Lai should go and tell his classmate and flatmates to step up their game before he opens his mouth to say rubbish.

We no wan manage
We are not mediocres
Na management put us where we dey till today.

Someone has to tell this mofos that enough is enough.
You can't say do as I say and not as I do... Bros e no go work. If dem wan scatter the country,let's do it together. I am really pissed off at this fool called Lai and his oga.

#LeaveOurArtistesAlone.
Na Ignorance go kill sm of us ,bcuz dey gave a peanut to sm ppl ur comparing dem with politicians!! Gosh ur lost. Bt do u knw how many youths dat have benefitted from sm politicians? In as much as we ve bad eggs among dem, der r sm dat give wot artistes cnt give u even in a billion years.I will nt mention dem bt try doing ur home work b4 coming here to rant.Nd too compare Tekno n 2baba weak songs with rebellion songs of Fela. Well ur a child u dnt knw anything
Re: Lai Mohammed Reacts To Criticism Over FG Move To Stop Music Production Abroad by colli247(m): 8:24am On Jul 19, 2017
richeeyo:
What this man is saying makes sense but people pretend not to see that part
We have great locations in Nigeria
UR A FOOL WHICH LOCATION IS IT FLOODED LEKKI OR KANU STATE WERE
Re: Lai Mohammed Reacts To Criticism Over FG Move To Stop Music Production Abroad by mankand(m): 8:30am On Jul 19, 2017
richeeyo:

Everyone deserve the good things in life and it is not designated for one class only. Let the government lead by example by stopping medical tourism for a start.

Also let them stop taking our money for holiday in dubai and other countries rather they should chose exotic locations in Nigeria.

Then I can take them serious but for now, I got my money, I hussle for it and I spend anywhere I like
Re: Lai Mohammed Reacts To Criticism Over FG Move To Stop Music Production Abroad by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 19, 2017
morereb10:
Lai Mohammed Reacts To Criticism - This Is The Reason Why FG Is Stopping Production Of Local Movies & Music Abroad

The Minister of Information and Culture of Nigeria, Lai Mohammed, has reacted to criticisms trailing his recent pronouncement on steps being taken by the government to discourage the production of Nigerian movies and music outside the country.

In a chat with PT on Sunday, he said it was to tackle the exploitation of perceived loopholes in the Nigerian Broadcasting Code, NBC.

“The NBC code today as it stands has been exploited and not defined and that’s why movies being directed by Nigerians with Nigerian actors, actresses can be shot in South Africa and then brought back to be consumed in Nigeria.

All we are saying is that we are going to amend the code in a manner that it will not be possible for you to exploit any loophole there to go and shoot outside Nigeria film, music or programs that are meant to be consumed in Nigeria,” Mr. Mohammed said.

The Minister on Saturday said the government had taken steps to get the Nigeria Broadcasting Code, NBC to put an end to the trend of producing Nigerian music, movie and programs abroad. This however drew criticism from Nigerians who asked the minister to address the issue of government officials going for medical treatment abroad first before sanitising the movie industry.

However, the minister said the government had no ill-feeling in its move to dissuade Nigerian films from being produced abroad.

“It is not directed at any particular incident, every country should respect the local industry of other countries.

For example, in Ghana they introduced a law today that demands visiting actors to pay a thousand dollars to the government coffers while visiting directors and producers pay 5,000 dollars.

We must create an enabling environment and also generate revenue from our creative industry. The argument is simple, when you go to shoot a film offshore, you use the work force of that country to develop the capacity of that country and you improve the economy of that country and that is what we are trying to do here.”

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/07/lai-muhammade-reacts-to-criticism-this.html

Joblessness.
Re: Lai Mohammed Reacts To Criticism Over FG Move To Stop Music Production Abroad by snowblaq(f): 9:09am On Jul 19, 2017
richeeyo:

Nobody is arguing about the great locations... But what have they put in place to make shootings here enviable.... For starters... Where is the steady electricity the artists would need ?.....the FG has a bigger log in their eyes but would not remove it first before complaining about another persons own.... Besides let them fix our health sector first so that foreigners can come to Nigeria for treatment just like your president ran to another country for over a month now.
Re: Lai Mohammed Reacts To Criticism Over FG Move To Stop Music Production Abroad by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 19, 2017
asuustrike2009:

The minister is saying the truth

AND YOU ARE ENJOYING THE TRUTH SINCE HE ASSUMED OFFICE, SMH undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

BELIEVE UNCLE LAI (LIE) AT YOUR OWN PERIL
Re: Lai Mohammed Reacts To Criticism Over FG Move To Stop Music Production Abroad by tiwiex(m): 9:57am On Jul 19, 2017
richeeyo:
I agree. Just the way we have great hospitals and schools. It is just not about location. It's a whole lot of dependencies. Security, logistic etc. I doubt the $1000 story about Ghana. They won't discourage any one from coming elsewhere they will lose business. What is d incentive to bring them back beyond sounding draconian like their boss? This isd same government that has started shutting down offices for tax reasons. Soon, they will pounce on musicians for not paying for shooting videos. When GEJ was encouraging these people na apc criticize pass. Now, they watch to tax tax tax. They still haven't given any incentives. Will thy fund 50% of the video cost? What is that incentive. Govt needs to start handling policy changes by making changes that lead to incentives. Not talk talk.

Finally, has he visited these countries or done some research to see what they are doing differently.
Re: Lai Mohammed Reacts To Criticism Over FG Move To Stop Music Production Abroad by tiwiex(m): 10:04am On Jul 19, 2017
thunderbabs:
Plz, help me ask mr Lai where is oga is at ryt nw? I guess buhari is being treated at the national hospital in abuja cheesy

Buhari should also be deported first to any abuja hospital then our musicians myt follow suit shooting their music videos in d land filled with d likes of mr lai..

Rubbish!

Apc and its govt is a loser with a bunch of no brains in d helm of govt..and dt mr Lai? undecided

Let's even put sarcasm aside. Why can't he really use a Nigerian hospital as a patriot? All these Lai talk will be so easy. Dem wan turn us to mumu.

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Reacts To Criticism Over FG Move To Stop Music Production Abroad by bencarson007(m): 10:08am On Jul 19, 2017
demefa:
Na Ignorance go kill sm of us ,bcuz dey gave a peanut to sm ppl ur comparing dem with politicians!! Gosh ur lost. Bt do u knw how many youths dat have benefitted from sm politicians? In as much as we ve bad eggs among dem, der r sm dat give wot artistes cnt give u even in a billion years.I will nt mention dem bt try doing ur home work b4 coming here to rant.Nd too compare Tekno n 2baba weak songs with rebellion songs of Fela. Well ur a child u dnt knw anything

Mr man, please kindly go through all my write ups when I mentioned you and you will find out that I never for once insulted you...
I don't know how old you are and I don't want to know... I merely stated my opinion which I am entitled to before you started calling me
Ignorant
I am lost
That I am ranting
And I am a child that knows nothing.

Well thank you sir.
But I have reponsible parents who taught me to never insult people no matter how hard they push me to...
And just so you know, I am very sure that as at when I started life,bought my first car and started my house, you were still in secondary school...
Please respect yourself o
Re: Lai Mohammed Reacts To Criticism Over FG Move To Stop Music Production Abroad by khalids: 10:35am On Jul 19, 2017
The intentions of the idea is understood and is beneficial, but as usual our rulers lack both management and leadership skills....all they know is politics and politicking....Most of them still have this decree 101 mentality......

Its simple, the minister should know that all he needed to do was engage our entertainers in a forum for discussion on his ideas.....Pitch them a good proposal with benefits.....He who plays the pipe dictates the tune....all he had to say was he will foot the bill for the video production and even promotion/distribution and state that the conditions for such support would be that they produce all videos in Nigeria...

This would have made more sense and gone down well with the entertainers.....but in an industry were you have provided no support/help, you now want to dictate the tune....you must be joking.

As for the entertainers, they need not make too much noise, they should come together, get a constitution lawyer and and drag the minister and his ministry to court and have the nonsense squashed.

Also suppose our entertainers where functionally involved in politics, by now then could have lobbied some senators to bring the minister to order....this is the norm in developed countries.
Re: Lai Mohammed Reacts To Criticism Over FG Move To Stop Music Production Abroad by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 19, 2017
StephDamielola:

AND YOU ARE ENJOYING THE TRUTH SINCE HE ASSUMED OFFICE, SMH undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

BELIEVE UNCLE LAI (LIE) AT YOUR OWN PERIL
The truth is bitter to swallow but it's for our own good
Re: Lai Mohammed Reacts To Criticism Over FG Move To Stop Music Production Abroad by richeeyo(m): 11:21am On Jul 19, 2017
colli247:

Oooh you even the biggest fool
So those are the best place in Nigeria
This secondary school boys self eeh

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Reacts To Criticism Over FG Move To Stop Music Production Abroad by MICHEALADEX(m): 11:48am On Jul 19, 2017
Hotshawarma:
you are telling a non-igbo about Biafra,isn't it obvious you are very dumb??

Oh sorry ooo Mr Hotshawarma I guess your brain nutrients are messed up already...just as your previous opinion
Re: Lai Mohammed Reacts To Criticism Over FG Move To Stop Music Production Abroad by demefa(m): 12:44pm On Jul 19, 2017
bencarson007:

Mr man, please kindly go through all my write ups when I mentioned you and you will find out that I never for once insulted you...
I don't know how old you are and I don't want to know... I merely stated my opinion which I am entitled to before you started calling me
Ignorant
I am lost
That I am ranting
And I am a child that knows nothing.

Well thank you sir.
But I have reponsible parents who taught me to never insult people no matter how hard they push me to...
And just so you know, I am very sure that as at when I started life,bought my first car and started my house, you were still in secondary school...
Please respect yourself o
Dats y I said ur Ignorant,ur lost nd a child,cuz from wot I see in ur dp which ur so ugly black like charcoal.U look like an ape in Ibadan Zoo. U nd ur responsible parents can't achieve wot I nd my parents have achieved,even in 500yrs tym. Poor ape na for nairaland u wan com show say u buy car shame no catch u, if atall ur type fit buy car. Snd mi a private msg lemme invite u to ma huz nd show u dat most ppl in diz Nigeria r njoyin. FG dey try help apes like u,ur still complaining
Re: Lai Mohammed Reacts To Criticism Over FG Move To Stop Music Production Abroad by demefa(m): 12:51pm On Jul 19, 2017
colli247:
So Lekki is d only better place in Nigeria?? Ur an idiot. If u see sm sites in Abuja, Calabar, PH, Jos nd many more u no com here dey post rubbish
Re: Lai Mohammed Reacts To Criticism Over FG Move To Stop Music Production Abroad by lexy2014: 12:53pm On Jul 19, 2017
Koolking:

Last I checked, the president was still human like you and I. If you had such privilege and same situation, you would do same, bro.

Let sympathise for once and stop being unnecessarily jittery about the president's health. He's not superhuman
by d way bro pls read section 144 of d Nigerian constitution then u will no that ruling a country is serious serious business. there's no provision 4 sympathy in d constitution but d stark reality
Re: Lai Mohammed Reacts To Criticism Over FG Move To Stop Music Production Abroad by bencarson007(m): 1:39pm On Jul 19, 2017
demefa:
Dats y I said ur Ignorant,ur lost nd a child,cuz from wot I see in ur dp which ur so ugly black like charcoal.U look like an ape in Ibadan Zoo. U nd ur responsible parents can't achieve wot I nd my parents have achieved,even in 500yrs tym. Poor ape na for nairaland u wan com show say u buy car shame no catch u, if atall ur type fit buy car. Snd mi a private msg lemme invite u to ma huz nd show u dat most ppl in diz Nigeria r njoyin. FG dey try help apes like u,ur still complaining

No matter how hard you push me, I will still maintain decorum.
I won't insult you or your parents.
Thank God for you and your parents doing very well... It is what we all pray for.
DM you ?
This is an online forum where we meet,share ideas,make friends and learn to share opinions. I don't make enemies because I don't know who I will meet tomorrow.
But you really insulted me though but it takes nothing from me and does not change who I am.
#Respects bro.
Re: Lai Mohammed Reacts To Criticism Over FG Move To Stop Music Production Abroad by soulhacker: 1:48pm On Jul 19, 2017
richeeyo:
we also. have good doctors that can manage nose and ear infections here. we also hv good schools here.
Re: Lai Mohammed Reacts To Criticism Over FG Move To Stop Music Production Abroad by ChimaAdeoye: 2:07pm On Jul 19, 2017
The only reason why thkse in Abuja are unconcerned with plight of Nigerians is their uninterrupted enjoyment of our oil.

It is time for all southerners to unite and bring oil production down to 500k barrels per day. Then we can seriously discuss the terms of nationhood
Re: Lai Mohammed Reacts To Criticism Over FG Move To Stop Music Production Abroad by sylve11: 4:07pm On Jul 19, 2017
clarocuzioo:
Those that went outside to shoot videos simply went because they found an enabling environment, first of all "Lie" and his APC led government should start by creating the enabling environment, what is the state of power in this country, Imagine Big brother Niga being shot in Nigeria for the 3 months, imagine the cost of electricity alone, the wonderful tourist attractions in this country how have they been maintained, some don't even have good access roads, and "Lie" wants people to shoot their movies here. I believe so much in local content, but I will not subscribe to any hypocritical campaign which this APC led government is good at. Since they also believe in local content so much they should bring back our President to Ask Rock clinic, and their children should stop schooling abroad, their wears and consumables should be 70% local content, their vacations should be in the wonderful tourist attractions in the country, then and only then we will know that they are serious and committed to local content, APC is a monumental mistake

well done brother. cool
Re: Lai Mohammed Reacts To Criticism Over FG Move To Stop Music Production Abroad by dfrost: 2:35pm On Jul 20, 2017
Hotshawarma:
Mention the great locations undecided or na lekki or ikoyi wey flood Don take over??

Where is my SmellyMouth smeggus broda ooo? cheesy grin cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Shehu Sani Reacts To Emir Sanusi’s Dethronement / Mbaka Blasts Buhari: This Is Just Kindergarten, Administration Is Demonocracy / Soldiers Repel Boko Haram Ambush, Kill Several ISWAP Fighters (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.