Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,003 members, 7,852,416 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:49 PM

NDLEA: 22-year-old Boy Nabbed With Drugs Worth N17 Million - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NDLEA: 22-year-old Boy Nabbed With Drugs Worth N17 Million (472 Views)

Photos Of 19-year-old Boy Nabbed With Severed Genitals And Human Parts In Awka. / Nigerian Arrested In India With Drugs Worth N161 Million / Drugs Barons Arrested In Cross River With Drugs Worth Over N2.5billion . PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDLEA: 22-year-old Boy Nabbed With Drugs Worth N17 Million by Godson333: 5:37pm On Jul 18, 2017
The Kano State Police Command, has arrested a 22-year-old man, Stanley Arinze, for allegedly transporting hard drugs (Tramadol) worth N17.2 million from Lagos to Kano.

The Command’s Public Relations Officer, DSP Magaji Majiya, made the disclosure while briefing newsmen on Tuesday in Kano.

He said that the suspect was arrested on July 16.

“Arinze who resides at Jaba Quarters in Kano is an indigene of Anambra state; he is in police custody for transporting 25 cartons of hard drugs (Tramadol tablets) valued at N17.2 million from Lagos to Kano.’’

He said that the drugs were concealed in LG Plasma TV to beat security agents on the road.

“The suspect passed through security checks from Lagos, but the trailer was intercepted along Kano Eastern Bye-pass by vigilant detectives” he said.

The PPRO, who said that the suspect had confessed to the crime, added that detectives had swung into action to arrest his accomplices.

Recently, Interpol, National Drugs Law Enforcement Agency(NDLEA), and other agencies seized 881.100kgs of illicit drugs during a joint operation in Sokoto.

NDLEA chairman rtd. Col. Muhammad Mustapha Abdallah, disclosed that the drugs were seized during the “Operation Ninibo, Nigeria-Niger border.”

He gave the breakdown of the seizures as: Diazepam 67.10kgs, Tramadol 22.60kgs, cough syrup with codeine 794kgs and 30kgs of cannabis.

In Yobe, the Agency described the rate of abuse by youths as worrisome stressing that the involvement of girls in the act was now more on the increase.

Commander of the agency in the state, Mr Apeh Reuben, told our correspondent that young girls between the ages of 15 and 35 were increasingly involved in drugs consumption and abuse.

“Some of the females consume and abuse multiple drugs, especially Tramadol, Amphetamine and Cannabis,” he said,

He called for partnership with Yobe government to curtail the ugly trend in the interest of the individuals and the state.

“This will have devastating consequences on the future of the state if adequate measures are not taken at the right time” he warned.

Drug abuse among youth in now becoming rampant and a source of worry to parents, lawmakers and the security agencies even as the anti-drug agency struggles to combat the menace.

Mynd44

http://www.eyereport.com.ng/22-year-old-boy-nabbed-with-drugs-worth-n17m/

Re: NDLEA: 22-year-old Boy Nabbed With Drugs Worth N17 Million by pyyxxaro: 5:38pm On Jul 18, 2017
I hear by hang over this case to the Director General of Name Checkers Association of Nigeria (NCAN)... Alhaji Professor Abiola Awolowo grin angry
Re: NDLEA: 22-year-old Boy Nabbed With Drugs Worth N17 Million by nextprince: 5:38pm On Jul 18, 2017
“Stanley Arinze who resides at Jaba Quarters in Kano is an indigene of Anambra state

Yes, this is one of the multimillion naira investment our hardworking blodas always talk about. At 22, he wants to own all the property of Kano state through drug.
I have never seen a "table top" who doesn't support crime, all "table tops" are criminals.

Cc GeneralOjukwu

Re: NDLEA: 22-year-old Boy Nabbed With Drugs Worth N17 Million by adonbilivit: 5:38pm On Jul 18, 2017
My eyereporter, sure EYErinze isn't your brother?

Flattino hustling. Afonjas oya its show time

1 Like

Re: NDLEA: 22-year-old Boy Nabbed With Drugs Worth N17 Million by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 18, 2017
shocked
Re: NDLEA: 22-year-old Boy Nabbed With Drugs Worth N17 Million by Godson333: 5:40pm On Jul 18, 2017
Mynd44
Re: NDLEA: 22-year-old Boy Nabbed With Drugs Worth N17 Million by Godson333: 5:40pm On Jul 18, 2017
Lalasticlala
Re: NDLEA: 22-year-old Boy Nabbed With Drugs Worth N17 Million by UnityBeggar: 5:43pm On Jul 18, 2017
Stanley Arinze
Re: NDLEA: 22-year-old Boy Nabbed With Drugs Worth N17 Million by soulpiano23(m): 5:44pm On Jul 18, 2017
I am a yoruba guy! I salute any one making legitimate money in Nigeria.
The illegitimate ways of making money are on the high side in Nigeria.Lets discourage anyone doing the illegitimate way.
Thou it looks as if is the illegitimate is only way out but the end is shameful.I mean shameful!
Re: NDLEA: 22-year-old Boy Nabbed With Drugs Worth N17 Million by Homeboiy: 5:45pm On Jul 18, 2017
ozo kwa
Re: NDLEA: 22-year-old Boy Nabbed With Drugs Worth N17 Million by pweshboi(m): 5:47pm On Jul 18, 2017
not again... Kano developers when they see topics like this

Re: NDLEA: 22-year-old Boy Nabbed With Drugs Worth N17 Million by banme1(m): 6:24pm On Jul 18, 2017
arinze u wan go developers Kano?
Re: NDLEA: 22-year-old Boy Nabbed With Drugs Worth N17 Million by roqrules04(m): 6:27pm On Jul 18, 2017
Is Tramadol a hard drug?
Re: NDLEA: 22-year-old Boy Nabbed With Drugs Worth N17 Million by GeneralOjukwu: 6:45pm On Jul 18, 2017
Le Ugandan Developing Jews
Re: NDLEA: 22-year-old Boy Nabbed With Drugs Worth N17 Million by funlord(m): 7:02pm On Jul 18, 2017
Mazi Arinze?

I must confess...he is one of my jewish blodas! Eziokwu! grin

(1) (Reply)

Read Why These Young Men Have Been Jailed 150 Years / Fake Apostle Suleiman Exposed By Fmr AAUMSA President On FB (see Photos) / A Man Has Bee Shot Dead In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.