Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Advise me please(I'm scared) - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Advise me please(I'm scared) (5182 Views)

Do Geckos Really Get ‘scared Away’ By Broken Eggshells? / My GSD Female Is Scared Of Everything And It's Irritating / Hi Rooms, I Want U People To Advise Me On What I Am About To Ask ........please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advise me please(I'm scared) by Immanueladebol(m): 8:11am On Oct 11, 2017
ChellyN:
He's doing very well, the doctor said he just had a serious stomach upset he ate the aloevera shrubs in our compound, we've gotten rid of them now. The vet also gave him boosters,deworming and multivitamins . He is now back to his crazy self so glad
Thanks for asking
Please I sent an email to you, pls respond, need some vital informations from you ma'am
Re: Advise me please(I'm scared) by ChellyN: 6:54pm On Oct 13, 2017
Something horrible happened today.My niece and my daughter were playing in the compound when one of my husband's brother came in Ralph is usually friendly towards him. the girl's ran over to him to greet him and take the goodies he bought, immediately my daughter opened the popcorn he bought for her Ralph got up and ran towards him aggressively and started barking at him, snarling and running round him my niece ran in to call me, I went out and called Ralph but he didn't answer me he just kept on barking my bro-in-law could not move because any time he moved Ralph barked I grabbed his collar and he nearly bit me :O my daughter grabbed his collar
(Why didn't he snarl at her) and my bro-in-law left. I'm shocked is my dog dangerous? Didthe popcorn trigger anything? please someone should tell me what to do because 'A stitch in time saves nine'
Advise please : he has been in his free time area(with food,water and his toy of course) I'm sure being away from the family is enough punishment

Re: Advise me please(I'm scared) by theyongest: 5:25am On Oct 15, 2017
Your dog has identified its territory, I'm guessing it was the first time your bro in law came around since you got him, if not, then it's either your bro in law is disrespectful to your dog or you dog was plain jealous. Or maybe the pop corn triggered something.
From the pictures, it's obvious he's closer to your daughter than yourself, the reason he didn't snarl at her. And he might just be jealous because your daughter showed affections to her uncle.
You need to bring in your bro in law again, replay the scenario and see what gets him off.

PS. Don't think your dog is less than any other dog (large dogs) because he's raised to be a pet or because he's indoors. He's a dog with 100% dog instincts and he will act as treated. So, as much as you're training your dog, you must teach people how to behave around your dog.

1 Like

Re: Advise me please(I'm scared) by ChellyN: 5:13pm On Jun 01, 2018
Ralph is a year plus now. isnt he cute

3 Likes

Re: Advise me please(I'm scared) by johnnyn1(m): 10:14pm On Jun 01, 2018
He is really cute
I really cant wait for my dog to grow..

Nice one Ralph
ChellyN:
Ralph is a year plus now. isnt he cute
Re: Advise me please(I'm scared) by Baroba(m): 11:53pm On Jun 01, 2018
Boy o boy cool you have done a good job on this dog, beautiful coat.. well done
Re: Advise me please(I'm scared) by vincentjk(m): 3:54am On Jun 02, 2018
Ralph is now a bigboy, thumbs up Op E no easy

(1) (2) (Reply)

My 7 Months Old GSD Doesn’t Bark. Is This Normal? / Issue Resolved Between Myself And Prodeegee / K9 Haus Casper of Household

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.