Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? (14952 Views)

At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? / My Wife Still Uses Her Maiden Name To Open Bank Account / At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? by superdokun: 11:02am On Jul 19, 2017
good day house.

please at what age do you think its appropriate to open a bank account for my child and also expose my child to the habit of saving?

thank you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? by skillzbae(f): 12:25pm On Jul 19, 2017
After 8 days once u have his/ her passport taken

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? by NL1960: 3:22pm On Jul 19, 2017
skillzbae:

Perfect answer.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? by NwaAmaikpe: 3:39pm On Jul 19, 2017
shocked

Why do you want to train up your child to start saving at such a young age.
That's inhibiting his social development.

Your child will grow up being a miser,
Please allow him to flex his life and enjoy the money as it comes

We've only got one life to live and it should be just to jaiye ooo

What is the essence saving all the money on earth and when you die one useless next-of-kin will blow your life savings at one sitting.

Even if you don't die, the bank will use hidden charges to deplete all your savings.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? by Damminglola(f): 3:39pm On Jul 19, 2017
The moment he or she has a name.....

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 19, 2017
cheesy
Re: At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? by zangiff(m): 3:40pm On Jul 19, 2017
at 15.... SS1
Re: At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? by richidinho(m): 3:40pm On Jul 19, 2017
Re: At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? by otijah(m): 3:40pm On Jul 19, 2017
Immediately that child is born u can open an account for him or her.
We have three series of account for kids
1 The kiddies Acc: which starts from the day he or she is born till 18 yrs whist u run the account at that period of time

2 The cool teen: specifically for teenagers and they can also hv access to their account including their ATM card. While you are also part of the signatories

3 The savings Acc: this one no need explanations, by now he a an adult

17 Likes

Re: At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? by YOLO1(m): 3:40pm On Jul 19, 2017
The day after the naming ceremony

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? by takenadoh: 3:41pm On Jul 19, 2017
It's Lala again
Re: At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? by Abduletudaye(m): 3:41pm On Jul 19, 2017
skillzbae:

I concur..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? by NonFarmPayrol: 3:41pm On Jul 19, 2017

then put something there every month for him

wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? by Abduletudaye(m): 3:41pm On Jul 19, 2017
Damminglola:
The moment he or she has a name.....

I concur.
Re: At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? by MhizKristy(f): 3:42pm On Jul 19, 2017
U can open an account for ur child even at d age of one...u'll b incharge of d acct until wen u feel ur child is capable of handling d acct

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 19, 2017
2 months old

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? by fistonati(m): 3:42pm On Jul 19, 2017
As soon as you have the money to do so. The earlier the better, nigerias future is bleaked already.

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? by merits(m): 3:43pm On Jul 19, 2017
at anytime you wish, I opened for mine a month old,SKS(smart kids savings) by GT.

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? by 100SmartPunter: 3:43pm On Jul 19, 2017
18!

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? by dionysus7: 3:43pm On Jul 19, 2017
i dont get how this is a reasonable question...does it matter the age you open an account for your child? long as you have money to save there. asking this kinda question makes it seem like the account is supposed to mature and start earning money at some point. if you have money to save for your child at any age, open an account and save dammit

6 Likes

Re: At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? by Lexusgs430: 3:44pm On Jul 19, 2017
superdokun:
good day house.

please at what age do you think its appropriate to open a bank account for my child and also expose my child to the habit of saving?

thank you

From Birth
Re: At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? by AfonjaBoston: 3:44pm On Jul 19, 2017
As soon as that girl get belle.
No even smell woman Toto if you no get plan for the result
Re: At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? by Christane: 3:44pm On Jul 19, 2017
my dad open 4 me at 17.. becus dat was wen he av d cash to do it.. i luv u dad.

6 Likes

Re: At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? by NobleBeer(m): 3:44pm On Jul 19, 2017
Encouraging a kid to save too early could be dangerous o. Some do turn out to be kleptomania. They just want to fill that piggy bank in other to please the parent. Wait till they are a teenager.

Na somewhere I read am sha

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? by Sonamjs: 3:44pm On Jul 19, 2017
The day the child is born and put birthday money etc in it.
Put a token amount in each month. Then hand over to child at the age of 25 grin

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? by seguno2: 3:45pm On Jul 19, 2017
Any age between 10-14 seems fine to me.
Re: At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? by lonelydora: 3:45pm On Jul 19, 2017
I opened for my children two weeks after they born. The agreement with First bank is, they will start accessing it once they are 18 years. I usually update their passports.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? by babkunlex(m): 3:46pm On Jul 19, 2017
The moment you conceive the pregnant... fidelity bank has package for you
Re: At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? by asiwaju: 3:47pm On Jul 19, 2017
That is not your responsibility,your job is to give him sound education and parental love so he or she will not be a nuisance like FFK and Fayose.

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 19, 2017
Age 4.
Re: At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? by ladu92jan(f): 3:47pm On Jul 19, 2017
in my opinion, 15 or 16 will do
Re: At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? by Joyekpen: 3:47pm On Jul 19, 2017
After naming ceremony. Any money received as gift during the ceremony should be used to open the account. Thereafter get a piggy bank for the child as soon as he starts talking to save any cash given to him, which should be sent to bank every year end. Let the child go to the bank with you, explain the process to him, even if he doesn't understand all the details. With time the child will come to understand and be proud of such act.

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Kids Hate Their Step Parents? / Christmas Recharge Card Give Away / For Men And Family Wey Sabi Is

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.