Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,674 members, 7,827,474 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

The Blessedness Of Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Blessedness Of Christ (325 Views)

My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... / Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide / The Blessedness Of A Focus Soul. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Blessedness Of Christ by djoguns: 11:13am On Jul 19, 2017
THE BLESSEDNESS OF CHRIST
There's so much Christ brought our way by His death and resurrection that many are yet to fully understand. If we ever comprehend the depth of redemption we'd never again portray the believer like some destitute, helpless sufferer trying to just manage through life. Some say, 'God, I'm nothing but a worm...' A new creature?
If any man is in Christ he is a new creature (2 Cor 5:17). This word is transliterated from the greek word 'kainos ktisis' which means a new specie that never existed before! It's not a refurbishment of the old life neither is it just another new or fresh start for the old man. It's the birth of a new man in Christ. This man is decked, adorned, and intrinsically decorated with all of God's glory. He is the reflection of Christ. All that's in Christ is in Him. He's a proud possessor of God and has inherited all that God has and is by nature. This is why he's described as a joint-heir with Christ. Rom 8:17; 'And if children, then heirs, heirs of God, and joint heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.'
The word 'heir' simply means a possessor. This means the child of God is not destitute of spiritual blessings. He does not need mercy, grace, power, anointing, justification, foorgiveness...HE HAS ALL THESE ALREADY!
Eph 1:3; 'Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ.'
Ladies and gentlemen, God has emptied himself on humanity in Christ! There's nothing God has that he hasn't given us! It's such a largesse! The words of the prophet Joel comes to mind...
Joel 2:28; 'And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions...'
He has poured out his spirit. This is all He is! God is Spirit. He has emptied Himself and lavished upon us all He is. The very substance that makes God, God is in us right now. We must renew our minds to this truth of the word. The believer is not some destitute, empty, impoverished, and spiritually bankrupt person. He houses the fullness of God right now!
The word 'heir' as used at Rom 8:17 also means one who receives his allotted possession by right of sonship. This means he doesn't work for this. He's not trying to qualify to obtain the inheritance. His sonship is the qualification! He has all he has because of his origin and birth; born of God!
Gal 3:18; 'For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.'
The inheritance is not by the works of the law. As a matter of fact, the moment it's about the law it's no more an inheritance but a debt or wage (Rom 4:4). It's an inheritance because it's not earned but freely obtained.
Eph 1:11; 'In whom WE HAVE OBTAINED AN INHERITANCE, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will.'
Col 1:12; 'Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light...'
The expression 'He hath made us meet' in other translations simply means he has QUALIFIED US. Are you qualified as a believer? YES! You are not to try to get the inheritance, rather you are to discover, know, and acknowledge this from the word.
Eph 1:18; 'The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of your calling, and WHAT THE RICHES OF THE GLORY OF HIS INHERITANCE IN THE SAINTS.'
It's a call to know the inheritance, not to pray to get it! I tell you truth, our churches will experience a radical shift in practice and manifestation of the spirit when we renew our minds with this truth. We must start saying what the word says. We must sing it alone. We must forsake emotionally inspired songs or culturally tainted forms of praise. We must allow the word alone prompt the praise of God in Christ. We are not destitute! We have the fullness of God!
So, rather than say, 'Lord I need your grace'
'Lord please have mercy on me'
'Lord, please anoint me or I die'
'Lord, forgive me lest I be consumed'
'Lord, empower me'
'Lord, show me your love...etc.'
Let us say, 'Lord thank you for your grace'
Thank you for your mercy...
Thank you for your anointing...
Thank you Lord for your forgiveness...
Thank God I'm empowered...
Thank you Lord because you have loved me!
This is the language and vocabulary of the new creature. This glorifies God while the former is a slap on his face. The new creature is God's work, therefore to portray him as destitute is to say God's product is poor and of no value. When you despise any product, you despise the producer equally. Thank God for redemption!

(1) (Reply)

Cac Living Water Daily Devotional 21/7/17 Facets Of Grace / Three Women Arrested For Raping A Pastor In Zimbabwe / Secret To Lasting Impact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.