Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience (38635 Views)

Oilserv Partners INNOSON Vehicle Manufacturing (IVM) Company.(photos) / Inside The Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Plant As You Have Never Seen It Before / 5 Advantages Of Driving An Innoson Vehicle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by Harbeyg09(m): 7:19pm On Jul 19, 2017
Hehehe grin grin
Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by Chstel(m): 7:21pm On Jul 19, 2017
their coaster � is awesome and the inside is comfortable when traveling. they are many in ABA main park.
Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by Emekus999(m): 7:30pm On Jul 19, 2017
i have one now,got it last yr february an SUV..it has nt giving me much concern anyway cux i ve a C class mer.also.
Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by menace1: 7:42pm On Jul 19, 2017
Mbediogu:

I know you are rich, thank God for you. You can also assume I am poor too, no problem. We are not comparing riches. This is not the forum for such, it's your disposition that worries me. You trade excellence for emotions. I don't hate you please, and let me politely point it out to you that at least by Igbo standards I am a professional with best level of education you can think of, and a millionaire, so you can't fend for me.
good, I don't hate igbos too I av them as colleagues. Am just being sincere, igbos that beat chest on nairaland are spoiling innoson business. If u are concerned about innoson make a post to address this.i want the best for Nigeria nd all tribe that's why I said the truth

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by VictorJoshua(m): 8:00pm On Jul 19, 2017
OP, Come To Nnewi And U'll Discover Dat IVM Products Are Common And Even More Durable Dan Most Vehicle Companies U Patronize.
Nigerians! Wen Wil U Learn To Value Ur Own Products?
Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by Mbediogu(m): 8:09pm On Jul 19, 2017
menace1:
good, I don't hate igbos too I av them as colleagues. Am just being sincere, igbos that beat chest on nairaland are spoiling innoson business. If u are concerned about innoson make a post to address this.i want the best for Nigeria nd all tribe that's why I said the truth

Why Innoson in particular? Is nairalandbt forum that important? How many igbos are on this forum? What about Yorubas and Hausas beating chest at top levels such as National Assembly? Are they spoiling market for Otedola, Oshibanjo, Dangote and others? That would very bad practice, worse than the one that put us where we are today.

3 Likes

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by od501: 8:20pm On Jul 19, 2017
Dmec:
Come to Anambra state, then you will see that people do drive their car.

only d buses and trucks.
Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by laudate: 9:04pm On Jul 19, 2017
manitoba:
I have the opportunity of being the first user of a brand new Innoson SUV IVM G5 around the tail end of 2016. I almost had accident on my first trip on ascending a hill as the car couldn't give me traction on trying to accelerate to avoid collusion with an oncoming vehicle. The throttle is also too close to the brake system and it can easily cause accident for an unaware first time driver. The entertainment system is also a poor one as it has no standard entertainment system. (only has radio option and u can connect your USB to enjoy selection of music). The upholstery are not well clad and gives way under heavy weight. It should also be known that the SUV had difficulty accelerating from 80mph and above. I confronted the Sales Manager and he told me the vehicle is pre-installed with a speed limiter. I chastised him that we were to also be pre-informed as that can easily cause accident. After rocking it for like 3 weeks in the East, we finally agreed to make the journey to Lagos with it. The journey to the east was a smoother journey than the intra state journey we had as I was able to reach a milestone 120mph with it. The Engine : The engine capacity seems inappropriate for the expected performance from the car. The cooling system : This is sub optimal as it still doesnt cool well even at its highest regulation. The Tyres: This seems to be the only bright side to the car. Though Chinese make of tyre, they looks good and performed well considering the fact that we used the vehicle heavily within short period. General Appearance : It Appeared great looking at it from the outside. Rating : On a scale of 1-10, I will rate the SUV 4. I had so much enthusiasm in riding a Nigeria made SUV as I am an avid supporter of Mr Innocent Chukwuma's aspiration but in all honesty, the vehicle fell below expectation. There is so much room for improvement but I must commend his effort to try at all.Pricing: Was sold between 10m -11m( I don't want to quote exact amount as our purchase price may be a concessionary price as we are very close to the' system'. It was a great price then as no brand new SUV of that stature was going below 20m then. My Submission : I enjoin our eastern brothers to patronise this company more as I saw most of the Anambarians patronising more of the very expensive imported cars rather than patronise the great Innoson products. Mr Innoson also needs to do more of advertisement and road show with the array of his products. That is my untainted submission on the SUV.

Thank you so very much for your observations. cheesy This is the kind of detailed report that I have been searching for. wink Anyone who reads this, would know what to expect when buying a car from Innosons. But can anyone give us an idea about the second-hand value of the vehicles?

6 Likes

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by dokiOloye(m): 9:14pm On Jul 19, 2017
menace1:
Call me a bigot oh but if u call me one that's ur fucckin opinion. With the behavior of igbos especially those on nairaland they av succeeded in killing innoson themself. They are always insulting other tribe let them buy innoson themself, I'll rather enjoy my, 4matic nd Toyota than buy that shit. I use to encourage people to patronize innoson before I join nairaland but not anymore
How many of you zombies on Nairaland can afford a good bicycle, talk more of a car?
On Sallah day that ppl were told to upload their sallah pictures, all I could see was hungry looking zombies.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by bigsmoke2(m): 9:23pm On Jul 19, 2017
The clandestine nature the company operate is what is killing them, it's like they don't even want to grow they guy needs to partner up with other business giants Toyota I not owned by one man even benz and Daimler had to join forces to create the Mercedesbenz brand . I heard dangote now make trucks they can join forces and in no time their automobile company will conquer Africa and even the world ultimately but he won't want to partner with aboki grin that the useless mentality killing us

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by menace1: 10:16pm On Jul 19, 2017
dokiOloye:
How many of you zombies on Nairaland can afford a good bicycle, talk more of a car?
On Sallah day that ppl were told to upload their sallah pictures, all I could see was hungry looking zombies.
ranting everywhere, Av made my point though
Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 10:41pm On Jul 19, 2017
Innoson vehicles are way too expensive.
Check thier website for proof
Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by orjaha(m): 11:24pm On Jul 19, 2017
buy it and let me test it for 6 months for after that I will tell u my experience.
tell them to bring the price down well well the many Nigerians will use many of it
Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 19, 2017
Orobo2Lekpa:

No need calling lalasticlala, mynd44, this does not look like front page material

FTC by the way
E dey for front page bro
Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by MrOdyssey(m): 12:25am On Jul 20, 2017
menace1:
Call me a bigot oh but if u call me one that's ur fucckin opinion. With the behavior of igbos especially those on nairaland they av succeeded in killing innoson themself. They are always insulting other tribe let them buy innoson themself, I'll rather enjoy my, 4matic nd Toyota than buy that shit. I use to encourage people to patronize innoson before I join nairaland but not anymore

Because Igbos do not use Wale Adenuga's Globacom or patronize Dangote Cement

See how silly your analogy sounds.

3 Likes

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by gbzed(m): 1:21am On Jul 20, 2017
The copy other company's design for example the car up there has a M Benz signature on the side mirror
Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by Ejeremiah: 1:33am On Jul 20, 2017
It's a good one its made in Nigeria bt IVM need to do more.
The functions are jus error
AC sumtyms don't Wrk
Interior not too GUD
And no second hand value despite ur level of carefulness.
Finally it is way too expensive.
A good Toyota muscle will go for 2.5
While his cheapest car goes for 3million

The price is too much despite made in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by engrkaz(m): 2:10am On Jul 20, 2017
MadCow1:
I haven't but my neighbour from my previous house did.. Bought the SUV brand new and after two years looked well worn out especially the paint.

The Car had depreciated really fast.
exactly, my neighbor, a director at ITF has one of the SUVs as his official car, he has had it for like a year and d car looks worn out but I wouldn't judge d car based on that, the guy would definitely have done better maintaining d ride if he bought it with his money....Official cars dey suffer...
Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by Aeoner: 2:44am On Jul 20, 2017
[quote author=Dmec post=58614893]Come to Anambra state, then you will see that people do drive their car. [/quot

while I was serving in Anambra, all the Secondary schools around had/have their Innoson Buses. multiply that in the state to get a clue. excluding the ones by Vigilante groups and used by the government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by Mpamaegbu: 5:31am On Jul 20, 2017
I really dont know why IVM aren't patronised in Nigeria by most people. However, the IVM white pickup jeeps are acquired here in Imo State by all the 27 local government councils. I don't know if it's a directive from the state government to the LGAs. I always see them drive these cars around. The hiace buses aren't much here though.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by Abudu2000(m): 7:09am On Jul 20, 2017
I would be very stupid tp patronize anything made of an ibo person.

Even the ones they dpnt make they preffer to sell fake then think about the damage you will do to yourself by using ibo made car...

Go to alaba or tf or ikeja to buy something from them and you will see the kind of things they offer.ibos are fraudsters by blood, those claiming to has seen or used their motors are nothing but bunch of liars

They should use their own product themselves
Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by wtfcoded: 7:28am On Jul 20, 2017
neoOduduwa:
That "bullshit" has been representing Nigeria before innoson even conceived the idea of starting his own automobile company. grin
Repping Nigeria, do u mean Algeria because we didn't know those crap exist until now. undecided
Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by wtfcoded: 7:33am On Jul 20, 2017
Abudu2000:
I would be very stupid tp patronize anything made of an ibo person.

Even the ones they dpnt make they preffer to sell fake then think about the damage you will do to yourself by using ibo made car...

Go to alaba or tf or ikeja to buy something from them and you will see the kind of things they offer.ibos are fraudsters by blood, those claiming to has seen or used their motors are nothing but bunch of liars

They should use their own product themselves
U see, this is why we want referendum.
It's Biafra or nothing cool

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by Abudu2000(m): 7:55am On Jul 20, 2017
wtfcoded:

U see, this is why we want referendum.
It's Biafra or nothing cool
amd if it were up to me you would have long gotten it, we need good honest humans not fraudsters and drugsters
Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by ernieboy(m): 8:03am On Jul 20, 2017
SnowJay92:
Sensible comments are now coming in, unfortunately useless, bigoted and unrelated comments have filled up the first page, I have advocated before, oga seun, lalasticlala and other mods, can't you include a way of deleting off irrelevant comments from important topics as this, especially on the front page?

Innoson has continued to grow from strength to strength as a brand, Anambra state uses hundreds of the brand for different official purposes, school buses, student union buses, church associations, official vehicles for VIPs and for MDAs, I know of NBA, NMA, NAUTH, infact too numerous to mention, the pickup is use by the local security outfits of every community in the state, there are even heavy duty refuse disposal trucks, many transport companies also use them for long hauls, even to other African countries....trust me they outperform and outlast their chinese counterparts, even under very rough usage conditions, and there has been several improvements over the years!
how can they outperform their Chinese counterparts when they simply assemble parts they get from China. last I checked their suppliers are from China.
Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by ernieboy(m): 8:14am On Jul 20, 2017
ExInferis:
Have never seen a more bland, generic, designed-by-committee vehicle than this prefabricated crap.
I tel u bro., it is a brand that has no identity. when u see a BMW or Mercedes Benz coming afar off u can easily identify them same with other car brands, but u can hardly distinguish their vehicles as a brand with a distinct look. I guess it is because they don't design their own cars.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by ernieboy(m): 8:28am On Jul 20, 2017
Emekus999:
i have one now,got it last yr february an SUV..it has nt giving me much concern anyway cux i ve a C class mer.also.
tell us more about the vehicle: does it have traction control? anti lock brakes airbags etc.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by MadCow1: 8:46am On Jul 20, 2017
engrkaz:
exactly, my neighbor, a director at ITF has one of the SUVs as his official car, he has had it for like a year and d car looks worn out but I wouldn't judge d car based on that, the guy would definitely have done better maintaining d ride if he bought it with his money....Official cars dey suffer...

The Problem is in the quality of the paint bro.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 20, 2017
ernieboy:

how can they outperform their Chinese counterparts when they simply assemble parts they get from China. last I checked their suppliers are from China.

Do you know that usually Chinese products for say US or Asian markets are usually of a different quality from the ones for African markets more especially Nigeria? In addition to the Chinese knowing our technical incapacity, our people have a habit of conniving with the companies over there to water down the quality of the products they ship down here, in other words, they send us shit. See you have a better quality control if you source for parts and assemble machineries here in Nigeria than buying most turnkey that come in from China, unless you can actually go over there and make sure it's the quality you want that is being produced.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by Orobo2Lekpa: 1:07pm On Jul 20, 2017
richeeyo:

And you were disappointed by lala

Lala fall my and (In macho Bobrisky voice)

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by ernieboy(m): 6:40pm On Jul 20, 2017
SnowJay92:

Do you know that usually Chinese products for say US or Asian markets are usually of a different quality from the ones for African markets more especially Nigeria? In addition to the Chinese knowing our technical incapacity, our people have a habit of conniving with the companies over there to water down the quality of the products they ship down here, in other words, they send us shit. See you have a better quality control if you source for parts and assemble machineries here in Nigeria than buying most turnkey that come in from China, unless you can actually go over there and make sure it's the quality you want that is being produced.
that may be true for other industries but for the auto industry most of the reputable suppliers of parts are not from China, review the list if suppliers for most of the major auto companies most are not from China. as a matter of fact many of the Chinese auto manufacturers are unable to pass the stringent US and EU auto safety regulations. I hope he is able to move to the level of independently designing their own cars soon because that will give them freedom to source parts from more reputable suppliers.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 20, 2017
ernieboy:

that may be true for other industries but for the auto industry most of the reputable suppliers of parts are not from China, review the list if suppliers for most of the major auto companies most are not from China. as a matter of fact many of the Chinese auto manufacturers are unable to pass the stringent US and EU auto safety regulations. I hope he is able to move to the level of independently designing their own cars soon because that will give them freedom to source parts from more reputable suppliers.

Yeah, I hope they do. Part of what kills businesses in this clime is lack of creativity, abhoring people who can offer it, and lack of a process, I hope he does what's right. I think I understand you now,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The 8 Most Expensive Cars In The World / Toyota Corolla And Toyota Avensis, Which One Is The Best? / Nigerian VIO Officer Cries For Help As Driver Fights For His Car Key (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.