Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (250205 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:37am On Apr 10, 2015
A Faith-response . - Friday, April 10th . 

Pastor Chris 

Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you (Matthew 9:29). 

We belong in a spiritual kingdom, and there're things that matter in that kingdom, which we must know about. For instance, we need to know how to respond to God. He talks and ministers to us every day, but some people don't know this, and so they say things like, "Lord, I just want you to really talk to me". He talks to you, but you need to know how to respond to Him. 

Your response matters. Remember, when God called Samuel; He called him three times, but each time, he ran to Eli, the priest, thinking it was Eli that called him. When Samuel came the third time, the Bible says, "...Eli perceived that the LORD had called the child. Therefore Eli said unto Samuel, Go, lie down: and it shall be, if he call thee, that thou shalt say, Speak, LORD; for thy servant heareth..." (1 Samuel 3:8-9). 

Those words were specific and important. Eli didn't tell the boy to merely say, "I am here"; he taught him how to respond to God, and it worked. Sometimes, our response to God can be affected when we try to reason out His message. For instance, the Spirit of God could say to someone, "Laugh!" and the person will wonder why he or she should laugh when nothing is funny. That's a wrong response. Imagine David going to fight Goliath, a giant and trained soldier, and the Spirit told him to pick five smooth stones. This didn't make sense, but he believed nevertheless, and picked the stones. With one of the stones, he killed the giant, and won the battle for Israel. 

You may be in a terrible situation or have found yourself fighting a habit, and you've been praying, "Oh God, help me". The Word lets us know He has already helped you. So, how are you going to respond? What you need is a faith-response. You ought to declare with confidence, "I'm mightily helped of God. The Spirit of God is working in me, causing me to triumph over every situation and habit". When you respond to the Word this way, it'll work for you, producing the desired results. Glory to God! 

Confession...
The Word of God is my light and my life. I'm sensitive to the leading of the Word and the Spirit of God in my life. I'm quick to respond by faith to the Word, and my progress is evident to all, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Luke 5:4-6
Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught. 5 And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net. 6 And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.

Luke 1:38
And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 12:22-48,Judges 9

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 1:1-13, Leviticus 10

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:42am On Apr 11, 2015
A Mind-set Of Abundance . - Saturday, April 11th . 

Pastor Chris 

But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19). 

In Isaiah 45:3, the Lord made a promise to the children of Israel: "...I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places...." It was a promise to them. However, to the new creation in Christ, this has become a reality. In Christ, you have access to the vast treasures and inestimable riches in the earth; they're yours by inheritance: "Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light" (Colossians 1:12). 

1 Corinthians 3:21 says, "...all things are yours". This should give you a mind-set of abundance, where you function without a sense of need. Jesus had no sense of need. Think about His response when Peter came to Him for money to pay the tax collectors! He said, "...go cast a line into the lake and pull out the first fish you hook. Open its mouth, and you will find a coin. Use it to pay your taxes and mine" (Matthew 17:27 CEV). 

When the disciples were flustered over how to feed the multitude (five thousand men; the women and children were not counted) in the desert, Jesus was unruffled; and with a little boy's lunch (five small loaves and two fish), He fed the multitude, and when they had all eaten, there were still twelve baskets full of leftovers. You might say, "Well, that was Jesus, the miracle-worker"; yes! But He did all that He did to show that we could do the same. He came to let us know that we could act like Him, think like Him, talk like Him, and win like Him. 

Never think, or say you don't have enough. With what you have, you can reproduce more. Get to the point in your life where you have no consciousness of need. Grow in the knowledge of God's Word. As you do, you'll transcend the "need-consciousness" because you see that everything has been provided for in Christ: "According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue" (2 Peter 1:3). Halleluiah! 

Prayers...
Dear Father, I thank you for making every favour and earthly blessing come to me in abundance, so that I may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need, be self-sufficient, possessing enough to require no aid or support, and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Galatians 3:29
And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. ; 

Romans 8:16-17
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. 

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 12:49-59,Judges 10-11

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 1:14-28, Leviticus 11

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:24am On Apr 12, 2015
Absolved Of All Guilt . - Sunday, April 12th . 

Pastor Chris 

Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life (Romans 5:18). 

Jesus wasn't only delivered on account of our sins, He was also raised for our justification: "Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification" (Romans 4:25). What does it mean to be justified? It means to be "discharged and acquitted". We've been absolved of all guilt! In the mind if justice, in the eyes of God, you never sinned; therefore, there's no charge against you. You might wonder, "How is this possible?" 

The reason is simple: the Christian is a new creation. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new". The new creation is a brand new species of being that never existed before; he's without a past. That's why God can declare him, "not guilty" because there's nothing to judge since he has a brand new life! 

This is the concept of justification. Our justification isn't because Jesus "paid" for our sins; He did that for the whole world of sinners, but the Christian isn't a sinner. He's a new creation. 

The new creation isn't a product of the death and burial of Jesus Christ, but of His resurrection! Christianity came from the resurrection. The whole world was paid for by His death, but when you believe in Jesus, you're recreated (John 3:16); you're born again and are made righteous! We read in Romans 4:25 that He was raised (resurrected) for our justification; the Amplified version says it was for "...(our acquittal), [making our account balance and absolving us from all guilt before God]". 

You're justified, because you're a new creation. This is the reason we must keep telling the unsaved to come into Christ, because when they do, they'll become new creations; their past will cease to exist; they'll be born into a newness of life - absolved from all guilt! 

Confession...
I walk in the light of my justification, rejoicing in the life of glory and righteousness in Christ! Having been justified by faith, I have peace with God, absolved of all guilt, free to live and serve the Lord joyously, and gloriously, in Jesus' Name. Amen. 

Further Study:
Romans 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. ; 

Romans 5:1
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 13:1-21, Judges 12-13

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 1:29-39, Leviticus 12
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:31am On Apr 13, 2015
Death-free! - Monday, April 13th . 

Pastor Chris 

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death (Romans 8:2). 

There're two sets of laws referenced in our opening verse: the law of the Spirit of life and the law of sin and death. Of the two, the law of life, is superior and more powerful than the law of sin and death. Being born again, the law that's at work in you is the law of life. The God-life (Greek: Zoe) is inherent in you, and as a result, you're death-free. 

It doesn't matter whatever corrupting influences, including death, are working against the people of the world; you're immune to them all. Death has ceased to work in you; you're off its limits. You don't belong in the realm of death. It's important to understand that Apostle Paul wasn't just trying to give us a sense of deliverance from death; he wasn't saying the law of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus has "freed" us from death, but that it has MADE us death-free. That means, you're untouchable by death. 

It's like a room or an area that's "soundproof"; that means sound can't get in, no matter how you try. In Christ Jesus, you're "death-proof!" The only way you can bring death into your life is if you reprogramme yourself otherwise, by speaking words of death. The Bible says, "Death and life are in the power of the tongue..." (Proverbs 18:21). 

Keep yourself healthy and sound with your words! Don't talk sickness, disease, poverty or defeat. Rather, declare regularly, "In my path there's no death! I walk the way of life, because the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus, has made me free from the law of sin and death". The Bible says if any man be in Christ he's a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17). You're in Christ Jesus, and the law that operates in Christ is the law of life; you're alive to God! 

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your life that's at work in me, in every fibre of my being, in every cell of my blood and in every bone of my body. My whole being is immune to death, decay, and the corrupting influences in the world! My path is the path of life, righteousness, joy, gladness and peace forevermore, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 11:26
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? ; 

1 John 5:13
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 13:22-35,Judges 14-16

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 1:40-45, Leviticus 13
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:24am On Apr 14, 2015
Love Him, And Keep His Word! - Tuesday, April 14th .

Pastor Chris

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit (Galatians 5:25).

Being born again, even though you're in this natural world, you're at the same time living in God's Kingdom, which is a spiritual world, you're beyond time and space. That's the realm of the glory of God; it's the realm of the supernatural and the miraculous. The focus of our opening verse is for you to understand that there's a realm that's beyond this world, and there's a way to function effectively in that realm.

In John 14:21 the Lord Jesus revealed to us the secret of the miraculous; the secret of winning in the realm of the Spirit. He said, "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him". If you want Him to show up in your life, and for His glory to be manifested in and through you, love Him, and do whatever He tells you to do. That's the secret to the manifestation of God's power in your life, and on your behalf!

When you keep His Word, and do whatever He tells you to do, His glory is manifested. Recall what happened at the wedding in Cana of Galilee. When they needed more wine, Mary admonished the servants saying, "Whatever He tells you to do, do it". The Bible says Jesus told them to fill the water pots with water, and when they did, the water turned into wine.

Concerning that miracle, the Bible records, "This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him" (John 2:11). It's that simple: you want to see the glory of God manifested in your life? Do whatever He tells you to do! Prove your love by doing His Word, and His glory will be manifested in your job, your business, your finances, physical body, and everything that concerns you.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I rejoice in the knowledge of your Word today. My love for you is lavishly expressed in my complete obedience to your Word by following you, with wholehearted devotion. Thank you for manifesting yourself to me, and revealing your glory in my life, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study: John 14:12-15 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. 15 If ye love me, keep my commandments. ;

John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 14:1-24,Judges 17-18

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 2:1-12, Leviticus 14
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:04am On Apr 15, 2015
Your State And Your Status - Wednesday, April 15th . 

Pastor Chris 

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new (2 Corinthians 5:17). 

As a Christian, knowing who you are in Christ is so vital; it's a prerequisite to having the right attitude towards the challenges you might face in life, and living above circumstances. There're lots of Christians in the world who aren't enjoying the blessings of Christianity, because they don't know who they are in Christ; they don't understand what Christianity is. They think Christianity is a nice religion; the best religion. That's not true! Christianity is divinity at work in humanity; it's the manifestation of God's Kingdom through a human vessel. It's not a religion. 

Once you come to terms with this reality about Christianity, your life will take on a new meaning, and you'll live joyfully every day, irrespective and independent of circumstances. Someone might say, "Well, you don't know what terrible challenges I've been facing". It's not about what you're going through; there's the need to have a clear distinction between your state and your status. 

The revelation of God's Word that you have unveils your status, but that may not change your state or situation. So, the first thing you need to understand is what God says about you - your status - who you are in Christ! If you understand your status, then you can start exercising your authority, and superimposing the tenets and principles of that status on your situation, and there'll be a change. 

But some people want the situation changed first without understanding their status; your situation may not change but that doesn't change your status. That's why you can rejoice irrespective of where you are, and what you might be going through, because you know who you are. Once that's clear to you, it doesn't matter what the situation is; you'll be victorious, because you've discovered who you are; invincible and full of power. Glory to God!

Confession...
My life is an expression of God's righteousness, love, glory, and grace! I'm the seed of Abraham; therefore, I live above lack, sickness, disease, and defeat! I'm victorious all the way! Halleluiah!

Further Study:
1 John 5:4
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. ; 

2 Corinthians 2:14
Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 14:25-15:1-10, Judges 19-21

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 2:13-22, Leviticus 15

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:29am On Apr 16, 2015
Your Refuge and Fortress - Thursday, April 16

Pastor Chris

I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust (Psalm 91:2).

I want you to notice the language in our opening verse as David spoke; he said, “I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress....” He was saying, “I’ll confess that the Lord is my refuge; I’ll confess that the Lord is my fortress!” His confession was positive and definite about who the Lord was to him. In Psalm 23:1, he said, “The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want” ; what a way to think! Can you dare to have this mindset about the Lord, and confess accordingly? It’ll completely change everything about your life. Say of the Lord, “He’s my refuge, and my fortress!” That means no harm or evil can befall you; the Lord has formed a protective shield around you that’s impenetrable to the enemy.

The Bible says, “Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day” (Psalm 91:5). Verse nine of the same Chapter says, “Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation.” This simply means, “No more fear!” Someone says, “Oh I’m afraid at night; I don’t know why my heart always beats so fast at night; the slightest noise terrifies me”; stop the fear! Whenever you want to go to sleep, declare, “The Lord is my refuge and my fortress; I refuse to fear the terror by night.”

Understand this: You’ve come out of death! So, you can’t be threatened, even by death. The One who’s your refuge—the Lord Jesus Christ—has destroyed him that had the power of death, that is the devil! Greater is He that’s in you than he that’s in the world. Your life is hid with Christ, in God. It doesn’t matter what happens around you; fear not!

Psalm 91:1 says, “He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.” The preceding scripture is talking about where you are in the Spirit. You dwell under the cover, the protection, of the Almighty. This is why you can always be calm, and at peace, irrespective of the terror in the world today. The Most High is your refuge and fortress!

Confession...
The Lord is my refuge and my fortress, He’s my habitation; in Him I live, and move, and have my being! He’s my rock, my life, and my righteousness; and by Him I reign and prevail over adversities and win every day in life. He’s my helper, the One who upholds me with His righteous right hand; the stronghold of my life. Blessed be His Name forever!

FURTHER STUDY:
Psalm 118:5-6
I called upon the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me, and set me in a large place. 6 The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

Isaiah 12:2
Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Luke 15:11-32 Ruth 1-4

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Mark 2:23-28 Leviticus 16

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 2:47am On Apr 17, 2015
Learn To Accept Your Faults - Friday, April 17th . 

Pastor Chris 

Confess your faults one to another... (James 5:16). 

The verse above admonishes that you own up when you do something wrong against your brother or sister. It's not talking about going to them to confess all your sins, as many have erroneously assumed; rather, it means being humble enough to accept your fault. 

The Amplified version puts it this way, "Confess to one another therefore your faults (your slips, your false steps, your offences, your sins)...." Note that when it says "your sins", it's not referring to sins against God; it's talking about the person you offended - he's the one to forgive you. So, always be quick and gracious to acknowledge and accept your wrong when you err against your brother or sister in the Lord. When you live like this, there'll be peace in your heart, and in your life, because this is God's will. 

Likewise, when you're offended, reach out to the offender; don't wait for him or her to come and apologize to you before you forgive. Don't hold a grudge; it doesn't mean you're being naive or unduly indulging that one who has offended you; it simply shows the excellence and nobility of your character. 

God doesn't brood over your wrong or hold it against you, so why should you brood over the wrong done to you by someone else, and let it linger? Don't do that. Forgive quickly. If you wrong anyone, accept your faults, and if you're wronged, be generous with forgiveness. It'll bring beauty to your life, as it reveals the honour of your personality. 

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the Lordship of your Word over my life. In my dealings with people today, I'm humble and tender-hearted, fully yielded to your Word. Wrath, anger, and clamour with all bitterness are not a part of me, for I'm rooted and grounded in love, in Jesus' Name. Amen. 

Further Study:
1 Corinthians 6:7
Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded? ; 

Colossians 3:13
Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. ; 

Ephesians 4:31-32
Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 16, 1 Samuel 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 3:1-7, Leviticus 17

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:05am On Apr 18, 2015
Keep Your Dreams Alive - Saturday, April 18th . 

Pastor Chris 

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end (Jeremiah 29:11). 

Many young people today are in crime and in all kinds of vices because they've given up on their dreams - the dream of youth, and of a triumphant personality. Some have laid aside their best potentials and resigned to self-defeat, instead of being inspired to birth new inventions and create a more functional world. How sad! 

A young person who degenerates to crime and violence lacks understanding, destroys his or her life. God made us in His image and His likeness. "In His image" means He made us to look like Him, while "in His likeness" means He made us to function or act like Him. If you aren't functioning like Him, you're malfunctioning, and that's not God's dream for you. He has a great future planned for you. 

What kind of life do you want to live? Hold on to your dream of success! When the fears and pressures of youth besiege you, don't give up; don't cave in. Rather, look inside you and ask yourself, "Why am I here if God had no plans for me? If He wanted me poor, why all the wealth of this world?" God is your Father, and He says, "The silver is mine, and the gold is mine..." (Haggai 2:8 ). He also says, "For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills" (Psalm 50:10). Why all these, if not for you? 

Understand that there's something more for you. Don't stop where you are; stay inspired and keep your dreams alive. Study God's Word: it's your compass to help you with God's direction for your life. Stay in fellowship with the Holy Spirit and fellow Christians who love the Lord, and keep your dreams alive.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the hope I have in you. I can confidently dream for tomorrow because I know my tomorrow is history with you. I refuse to give fear any place in my life because I know I'm founded on the Rock of Ages, for success, in Jesus' Name. Amen. 

Further Study:
Ecclesiastes 12:1
Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them; ; 

Psalm 119:9
Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word. ; 

John 8:12
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 17:1-19, 1 Samuel 3-7

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 3:8-19, Leviticus 18

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:59am On Apr 19, 2015
Christianity: A Bed Of Roses! - Sunday, April 19th . 

Pastor Chris 

The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows) (John 10:10 AMP). 

There're those who say Christianity isn't a bed of roses. Usually, I wonder at which Gospel such people believe. It may not have been their experience, but Christianity is a bed of roses, and you had better believe it, because it's true. Why do you think Jesus came? What was the reason for His suffering? It's so we can have, and enjoy life to the full. 

1 Peter 1:11 talks about the sufferings of Christ and the glory that should follow. Christianity is a call to the glory-life - a call into the land that flows with milk and honey; a life of enjoyment. Now, if that hasn't been your experience, you need to make up your mind to change things; you've got to reverse the order. Don't let ignorance cheat you out of God's best. The glorious life is your heritage in Christ. 

This doesn't mean there're no "giants" in the land; the land that flows with milk and honey has giants in it. Nevertheless, they're not a factor, because we were born victorious. The giants are bread for us. Recall what Caleb said? He said, "Now therefore give me this mountain, whereof the LORD spake in that day; for thou heardest in that day how the Anakims were there, and that the cities were great and fenced: if so be the LORD will be with me, then I shall be able to drive them out, as the LORD said" (Joshua 14:12). That's what we do in our fight of faith; we drive out giants by the power of the Spirit of God. It doesn't matter how many "giants" are in your land, you can war a good warfare (1 Timothy 1:18). 

Jesus said you shall have what you say (Mark 11:23). In Matthew 17:20 He said, "...If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you". So, you see, anything is possible; it's not how huge the "mountain" is or how many "giants" are present. It's the faith of God in your heart, and the Word of God in your mouth. 

Let nothing stop your enjoyment of life in Christ! Never succumb to your circumstances. Remember, you're seated together with Christ in the place of power; therefore, your words are not ordinary. You can laugh your way through life triumphantly, and be in control, every day. 

Prayer...
Dear Father, you've enabled me for the triumphant life, and have enlightened the eyes of my spirit to recognize and apprehend my heritage in Christ! I'm living your dream, and gloriously fulfilling your destiny for me, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Ephesians 3:8
Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; ; 

1 Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: ; 

Romans 8:35-39
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 17:20-18:14, 1 Samuel 8-10

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 3:20-35, Leviticus 19

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:19am On Apr 20, 2015
Intercede For Others . - Monday, April 20th

Pastor Chris 

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men (1 Timothy 2:1). 

Interceding for others is something you do regularly, not when it's convenient, but as a ministry. You should be effective in changing other people's lives through prayers. If there's someone in the church who's not been very consistent and almost giving up the faith, perhaps due to intense trials and persecution, intercede for that one. You'll make an impact; you'll restore that life. 

The latter part of James 5:16 says, "...The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much"; this is in the context of praying for others; he lets us know how we can be effective in changing other people's lives. The Amplified Version says, "...The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working]". When you notice some believers around you, who're not growing well in Christ, intercede for them. If you have relatives and friends who aren't born again, you should be interceding for them very strongly; don't take it lightly! Remember, the Bible says there's joy in the presence of the angels of God in heaven over one sinner that repents (Luke 15:10). 

Intercessory prayer isn't something you're casual about; it's heartfelt; that means your emotions are involved; you keep at it until there's a testimony. It could take days, weeks, months, but don't stop; keep praying, because the value of the one you're interceding for is the life of Jesus. Each one of us is as valuable to God as Jesus is. So, when you take up a matter concerning another believer, and you're praying, you're not wasting time; you're causing a changing in the realm of the Spirit. 

Sometimes, there could be people, who are carnal among us and may act foolishly; don't get angry at them; intercede for them instead. Fight for their souls, because Satan is the one deceiving them; don't let him win. Keep interceding for them fervently and passionately, praying in other tongues, until the Holy Spirit takes over the intercession with deep sighs - groanings that are too deep for words! "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered" (Romans 8:26).

Prayer...
Precious Father, I pray for increased revelation, and understanding of your Word amongst your children all around the world! I declare that the Church abounds more and more in knowledge, and growing stronger by the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ. Thank you for the work of the Holy Ghost in the churches, all around the world, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
James 5:16
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. ; 

Ephesians 6:18
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; ; 

Acts 12:5-7
Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him. 6 And when Herod would have brought him forth, the same night Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains: and the keepers before the door kept the prison. 7 And, behold, the angel of the Lord came upon him, and a light shined in the prison: and he smote Peter on the side, and raised him up, saying, Arise up quickly. And his chains fell off from his hands. 

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 18:15-43, 1 Samuel 11-13

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 4:1-12, Leviticus 20

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:34am On Apr 21, 2015
Make Power Available, And Give The Word! - Tuesday, April 21st . 

Pastor Chris... 

...The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working] (James 5:16 AMP). 

Power is the dynamic ability to cause changes. This means we can actually effect changes in our lives, in the lives of our loved ones, tame natural forces, and influence circumstances in our favour. There's a kind of prayer that never fails to produce this kind of result. That's what we read in our opening verse. This isn't the kind of prayer that lasts two minutes and you go away, no; it's earnest, heartfelt, and continued! You press with your spirit in prayer! This kind of prayer makes tremendous power available. 

This explains the reason many are praying, but things aren't happening; the power isn't made available. Make power available for that change that you so desire; that change that you want in your family, in your finances, and in your job! There's got to be power for the change, and the Word already shows us how; it's through prevailing prayer - earnest, heartfelt, continued prayer; it produces results. You may have wanted certain things to change, and you didn't quite see the results you wanted; you can make something happen by making power available for the change. 

Now, having made the power available, having prevailed in prayer, the next thing you do is to give the Word! As you give the Word, under that divine unction, whatever you say will surely come to pass because it'll be by the power of the Spirit. However, until the power is made available, you may give the Word, and there'll be no change. 

It's not everything that changes at your confession; some require power for change! Those things that require power for change are the ones I'm referring to. You can make a difference if you'd pray this way! Every now and then, pray fervently in other tongues. As you pray in tongues from your spirit, and make power available, success and victory will be your testimony.

Confession...
Dear Father, I thank you for your power and ability vested in me to effect tremendous changes, and to establish your divine will in all that concerns me, here on earth. Through earnest, heartfelt, continued prayer, coupled with your Word, situations are changed in my favour, and my victory is assured, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 8:26
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. ; 

Ephesians 6:18
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; ; 

Ecclesiastes 8:4
Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 19:1-27, 1 Samuel 14-15

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 4:13-20, Leviticus 21
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Oyinprince(m): 8:43am On Apr 21, 2015
" It's not everything that changes at your confession; some require power for change! Those things that require power for change are the ones I'm referring to. You can make a difference if you'd pray this way! Every now and then, pray fervently in other tongues" "

**What are those things that does not change at confession?

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:27am On Apr 22, 2015
The Spirit, The Water, And The Blood - Wednesday, April 22nd . 

Pastor Chris 

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one (1 John 5:7-8 ). 

The Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit bear witness of Jesus in heaven, while in the earth, the Spirit, the water, and the blood bear witness. The Scriptures document for us how, throughout His earthly ministry, the Lord Jesus was filled and led by the Spirit to do mighty works. In today's study, we'll take a close look at the water and the blood. 

The Gospel of John records that when Jesus was crucified, a soldier, in an effort to confirm He was truly dead, pierced His side with a spear. Blood and water gushed out, and John recorded it as a sign (John 19:34-35). It was the same John who mentioned in his Gospel that Jesus, "...went forth with his disciples over the brook Cedron, where was a garden, into the which he entered, and his disciples" (John 18:1). Cedron was a fast flowing brook rising near Jerusalem, between the Temple Mount and Mount Olivet. It was used as a sewage drainage, and every morning and evening, blood and water from the temple sacrifices drained into it. John knew quite well that blood and water flowed out of the temple. 

Ordinarily, when the soldier pierced the Master's side, He shouldn't have bled the way He did because He was dead, and there was no blood pressure. But John bore witness that blood and water gushed out; this was a miracle! He remembered the Lord's encounter with the Jews at the temple when He said, "...Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up" (John 2:19), referring to His body. 

The old temple is gone; the new temple is here. Jesus is the new and living way! There's no more need for blood that drains into the Cedron Brook, because He's our temple and the Lamb that was slain once and for all, for the sins of the world!

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for demonstrating your love to us so greatly by giving us the gift of salvation. The Lamb of God was sacrificed in our place once and for all, so that we can forever live to the praise and glory of your Name. Halleluiah!

Further Study:
John 2:19-21
Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? 21 But he spake of the temple of his body. ;

Ephesians 2:13-16
But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. 14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; 15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; 16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 19:28-48, 1 Samuel 16-17

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 4:21-29, Leviticus 22

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:36am On Apr 23, 2015
Eliminate Fear! - Thursday, April 23rd . 

Pastor Chris

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you (Luke 10:19). 

There's no reason for you to be afraid of the devil, because Jesus defeated and paralyzed him, and gave you the victory. So, you've triumphed over Satan already; never be afraid of him! Jesus has the keys of hell and of death, which means you don't even have to be afraid of death. Death has also been defeated; it's last enemy that shall be destroyed (1 Corinthians 15:26). So, why would you accommodate fear? 

Jesus said, "...the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me" (John 14:30). This was the testimony of the Son of God. This should be your testimony as well. Every now and then, you should declare: "Satan has nothing in me! He doesn't have his doubts in me! He doesn't have his fears in me!" Thoughts of fear will cripple your faith, and stop the power of God from flowing in your direction. So, when negative thoughts - thoughts of fear, defeat and frustration - come to you, eliminate them speedily.

Fear is a tormenting spirit that creates the perfect environment for Satan to intimidate and dominate people's lives. However, the Holy Spirit in you helps you deal with fear; He's the One that invigorates you with miracle-working ability in your inner man. He emboldens and strengthens you on the inside, dispelling fear of every kind. 

Perhaps, you've been having fears in your life - fear of terror, fear that something terrible might happen to you, stop the fear! The Bible says, "He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler (Psalm 91:4). Wow! This is the Lord talking here, assuring you that there's nothing to fear, because He's with you always (Hebrews 13:5). Whether in the nighttime or daytime, He protects you and takes care of you. Therefore, rid your heart of fear! 

Confession...
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? He's the strength of my life; therefore, I'm bold and courageous at all times! In the time of trouble, I'm shielded in His pavilion; I dwell under His mighty arm of protection! He's my refuge and my fortress, and I triumph gloriously in His Name. Halleluiah.

Further Study:
Proverbs 29:25
The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the Lord shall be safe. ; 

Isaiah 41:10
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. ; 

2 Timothy 1:7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 20:1-19, 1 Samuel 18-19

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 4:30-41, Leviticus 23
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:30am On Apr 24, 2015
The Kingdom In You! - Friday, April 24th . 

Pastor Chris 

And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you (Luke 17:20-21). 

The Lord Jesus makes it clear that the Kingdom of God is within you. What an extraordinary communication of spiritual truth! This doesn't mean the Kingdom is inside your body. It also doesn't mean it's in your imagination. First, notice He wasn't talking about the "Kingdom of heaven", which has to do with the work that He came to start here in the earth. Rather, He said, "the Kingdom of God is within you". The Kingdom of God is all of that sphere that is under the influence of God Almighty in heaven and in earth. That Kingdom is where God resides. That's big! 

Try to imagine how big God is; all the heavens and the earth are inside Him. He surrounds everything, and His presence is everywhere. If Jesus then says, "the kingdom of God is within you", He means you have the capacity to contain God Almighty. Not only is God in you, you also have His nature to contain everything: "He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men..." (Ecclesiastes 3:11 NIV). 

Is there anything you need to improve in your life? Look inwards, for the Kingdom of God is in you. Eternity has been set in your heart (Ecclesiastes 3:11), meaning there's no limit to the extent and reach of your abilities, and what you can possess with your spirit. Thank God for the privilege and power of prayer. Through prayer, we can transport ourselves to divine realms of glory, far beyond the reach of human minds and abilities, and live the Kingdom-life on earth. Glory to God! 

Confession...
I carry within me God's divine presence to influence and affect my world, establishing the peace, righteousness, love, joy, health and prosperity of the kingdom, and revealing the victorious life in Christ. Halleluiah!

Further Study:
Psalm 82:6
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. ; 

John 10:34
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? ; 

2 Peter 1:4
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 20:20-21:4, 1 Samuel 20-22

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 5:1-13, Leviticus 24

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:56am On Apr 25, 2015
Life Without Limits · Saturday, April 25th

Pastor Chris

Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life (2 Corinthian 3:5-6).

The society can place limits on us; our family background can place limits on us; the nation where we live, our education, our job description, our business, our finances can place limits on us. Anything could place a limit on you. But our opening verse shows that there’s a life without limits.

Someone might think, "Does such a life really exist?" Well, if you don’t know about such a glorious life, you’ll never live it. If you’ve never had it, why would you think there’s none? After all, there was a time it seemed impossible to fly an airplane, and many thought the speed was too much, and no one would survive in it.

There’re many things that people thought were impossible many years ago that have become commonplace today. There’s a life without limits. And that’s the life that Jesus brought to the world. Notice again what the opening verse says: "Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God." The Greek word translated "sufficient" is "hikanotes." It actually means competence. Our competence or our ability to perform, is of God. This indicates an exchange here: God has given us His ability, or His own competence, such that when we function, we don’t have to function with human ability, but with God’s ability, which is limitless.

What you have to then understand as a child of God is how to function beyond your human ability. Colossians 1:27 says "…Christ in you, the hope of glory." Now that you’re born again, you’re not an ordinary person. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." Thus, old limitations, troubles, pains etc., are passed away, and all things are now new. You’ve been ushered into a life of limitless possibilities, unending victories, and eternal glory! Blessed be God!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for giving me of your own competence, such that I don’t rely on my human abilities, but your ability. Therefore, I can do all things through Christ who empowers and strengthens me for the supernatural life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

further study:
2 Corinthians 4:7; But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Colossians 1:29
Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

1 years Bible Reading Plan: 1 Samuel 23-25 Luke 21:5-38

2 year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 5:14-20 Leviticus 25

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:29am On Apr 26, 2015
The Holy Spirit Is God - Sunday, April 26th . 

Pastor Chris 

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me... (Acts 1:8 ). 

Due to the limitations of language, many have found it difficult to understand who the "Spirit of God" is. The phrase "the Spirit of God" has a totally different connotation from the phrase a "man of God!" The latter means a man who works, talks and does things for God; a man sent by God. When we say the "Spirit of God", we don't mean a Spirit that is from God, sent by God and does things for God; no, that's not the description. The Holy Spirit is God. 

The Father never leaves His throne; He's always on His throne. When the Father does anything outside His throne, He does it through His Spirit who proceeds from Him. So, the Holy Spirit isn't another Spirit that God delegates to do something; the Holy Spirit is God Himself. When we talk about your spirit, for example, your spirit isn't another spirit that serves you. Your spirit is you, the real you! 

Now imagine this: Acts 1:8 says, "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you...." So, we received that Holy Spirit who Himself is God, to live in us. If we take that lightly, our lives will be ordinary. However, when you understand the power and import of having the Spirit of God live in you, you'll live supernaturally every day. 

The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Godhead, not because He's number three, but because He's the third to be revealed to the Church. But the manifestation of the Holy Spirit came first; He's the first to actually be revealed in the Word of God, but He wasn't understood. 

Genesis 1 reveals the Spirit to us when the earth was a chaotic mass: "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters" (Genesis 1:2). So, the Holy Spirit is first revealed to us. In verse 1, the Hebrew word for God is "Elohim" - a plural word for God. So, you see, the Holy Spirit made the world, and created all things.

Confession...
Dear Father, thank you for your precious Holy Spirit whom you've given to me to help me chart my course victoriously and excellently in life. The glory, beauty, aura and perfections of your Spirit are manifested, and displayed in and through me, to the world, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 14:16-17 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. ;

1 Corinthians 2:10-11
But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 22:1-38, 1 Samuel 26-28

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 5:21-34, Leviticus 26
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:17am On Apr 27, 2015
Cast Down "Imaginations!" · Monday, April 27

Pastor Chris

(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; ) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God… (2 Corinthians 10:4-5).

Many people today live in fear, most of which exist in their imagination. They imagine that something terrible could happen to them, or that something is threatening their lives. Some imagine that they can never be successful, because failure has been in their lineage. For some others it’s sickness; their mother died of heart trouble; now, they imagine that it’ll be the same with them. These are strongholds in their minds.

It’s like someone who’s contracted HIV/AIDS, and hears it’s got no cure, and feels hopeless. He just can’t believe or accept that he could be healed. That’s a stronghold. What are strongholds? They’re ideas, thoughts, principles, arguments and reasoning of men, which are contrary to God’s Word. They’re negative imaginations that breed fear, which is Satan’s primary weapon.

But thanks be unto God! We can use the Word of God to tear down strongholds, whether they’re in the lives of others or in our own lives. You don’t have to be in bondage anymore in your mind! You don’t have to be afraid of anything. When Satan tries to attack you with fear, respond with the Word. Be on the offensive against him with the Word of God. Pull out scriptures relating to the situation, and keep speaking them forth; interject it with speaking in tongues, until you completely drown the voice of every contrary thought, and your fears vaporize.

Satan attacks with fear to make your faith in the Word of God defective and inoperative. So, when negative thoughts—undesirable imaginations come to you—cast them down! The latter part of our opening scripture says, "…Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God...." This is talking about everything that pretends to have the power that it doesn’t have; pretentious or false spirits with their pretentious ideas. Refute them with the Word of God.

Confession...
My mind is anointed to think God’s thoughts! With the Word of God in my mouth, I cast down all imaginations of fear, failure, sickness, disease and infirmity! No evil or negative imagination has a place in my heart! My mind is inundated with the Word, with which I prevail over all the fiery darts of the enemy!

further study:
Isaiah 26:3; Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Ephesians 6:16-17;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
 17  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. 

1 year Bible reading plan: 1 Samuel 29-31 Luke 22:39-65

2 year Bible reading plan: Mark 5:35-43 Leviticus 27
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 4:57am On Apr 28, 2015
He Is The Resurrection! - Tuesday, April 28th . 

Pastor Chris 

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live (John 11:25). 

The beautiful story of Lazarus' death, and how Jesus raised him back to life remains evergreen and so inspiring. Prior to Lazarus' demise, Jesus had said that he wasn't going to die, but he died. When Jesus eventually got to Bethany, four days later, Martha came to Him and said, "...Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died" (John 11:21). A short while later, Mary came and said exactly the same thing. But then, Jesus said something so extraordinary! He said, "...I am the resurrection, and the life..." (John 11:25). 

You'd have to be God to make such a claim; and blessed be God, Jesus is! He didn't say, "I have the power of resurrection", which would have been wonderful enough. Who are we dealing with here? Who's this man? If they wondered that He walked on water, that's nothing compared to this statement. He's the resurrection, not the "resurrector". 

Let's look at the picture briefly: here's Mary and her sister, and they said, "Master, if you'd been here four days ago, our brother wouldn't have died". The Jews corroborated their statement, and some of them said, "This man who opened blind eyes, and made the lame walk, could have cured Lazarus if He had been here in time, couldn't He?" (John 11:37). That's all they thought about Him; a "healing Christ"; they knew Him as the healer; but Jesus blew their minds! He said, "I am the resurrection and the life". This is authority! 

Now, He's given us His authority. He said in Luke 10:19, "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy..."; including death, hell and the grave! So, if there's someone you've been praying for, to be saved, and then the person dies and goes to hell, you say, "No way! We're bringing you out of hell, in the Name of Jesus! Come back!" Jesus has authority in hell. If there's been persistent troubles in your business or something that belongs to you, use your authority in the Name of Jesus to call it back to life. 

Nothing is ever too late or too critical for you to "resurrect", because you function in the authority of Jesus; you're seated together with Him in the place of dominion, authority, and power! Walk in, and with His resurrection power today, and always.

Confession...
My life is characterized with the demonstration of Christ's resurrected power! There's life in my body! There's life in my family! There's life in my job! There's life in my business and in every area of my life! I live triumphantly in, and by the power of His resurrection! Glory to God!

Further Study:
Isaiah 41:10
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. ; 

Matthew 19:26
But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible. ; 

Mark 10:27
And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 22:66-23:1-25, 2 Samuel 1-3

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 6:1-13, Numbers 1
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:20am On Apr 29, 2015
He Lives In You · Wednesday, April 29

Pastor Chris

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service (Romans 12:1).

Why does God require us to present our bodies as a living sacrifice? It’s because He lives in your body. Your body is the temple of God; that’s where He lives: "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?" (1 Corinthians 3:16). If your body isn’t presented to Him, He can’t use it and the temple that He doesn’t live in is an ordinary building; it’s empty and void of glory.

Now, God is everywhere, but His manifested presence isn’t everywhere. Just like electricity; when there’s electrical power in a building, it doesn’t function everywhere in the building. The electrical appliances won’t function just because they’re in the building; they’ll have to be plugged into the power source. In the same vein, your physical body has to be yielded or submitted to God for Him to "perambulate" in you, as it were. This is the idea Paul gives us in 2 Corinthians 6:16; it says, "…for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them…."

"Walk" in the underlined phrase is the Greek word "emperipateo," which means "to perambulate"; to walk up and down the bounds of a property in a supervisory manner. God, through the Holy Spirit, perambulates in your body to keep it perfect against intruders, such as sickness, disease and infirmities; that’s part of His work and ministry in your life, so give Him the liberty. Be yielded to Him to minister in you.

God needs you; He wants to talk through you, look through your eyes, walk in, and through you, and bless the world through you. He needs your body. He wants yielded vessels. The more you’re yielded to Him, the more He’ll be revealed in you. Let Him work through you, and carry out His divine plans through you.

Confession...
Every fibre of my being is fully yielded to the Lord to carry out His divine plans through me! I’m His living tabernacle! He talks through me, moves through me, and expresses His love and righteousness through me! My spirit, soul, and body are sanctified for His sacred use, and His glory is revealed more and more in me today and always, in Jesus’ Name.

further study:

1 Corinthians 6:19-20;
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

20  For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

John 14:16-17
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17  Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

1 year Bible reading plan: 2 Samuel 4-6 Luke 23:26-49

2 year Bible reading plan: Mark 6:14-29 Numbers 2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:31am On Apr 30, 2015
Your Blood-bought Inheritance · Thursday, April 30

Pastor Chris

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue (2 Peter 1:3).

When we talk about salvation, some people don’t understand it; it’s a big word. It encapsulates all the wonderful blessings resulting from the redemptive work of Christ: salvation, healing and divine health, success, freedom, liberty, preservation, etc.; they’ve all been paid for! They’re yours now to enjoy! All the good things of life are all in the salvation package; the glorious life is your heritage. Prosperity with peace is your birthright.

Read the opening verse again; it says His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness. That’s not a promise; it’s a statement of fact, expressing what God has already done. In Christ Jesus, He’s given you everything that you require for the transcendent life; they’re all inside you. Christ in you is the hope of glory (Colossians 1:27), and Christ is everything.

Therefore, you’re forever set up for the triumphant life. In Christ, you have it made; all things are yours (1 Corinthians 3:21)! This is what makes Christianity so awe-inspiring; the life that God has given you is the divine life, and everything you’ll ever require to live joyfully and triumphantly, came with that life.

Remember this: Jesus shed His blood for you, being the only sinless one qualified to save us by His blood. Since He’s already done it, all you need do is enjoy the benefits associated with His vicarious sacrifice. You have legal rights to possess everything salvation in Christ brings, for they’re your blood-bought inheritance in Him: "In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will" (Ephesians 1:11).

Confession...

Christ lives in me; therefore, I’m made for life! His divine power has given me everything I require to live joyfully and victoriously every day! Success, prosperity, divine health, promotions and the glorious life are my bloodbought inheritance, and vital experience in Christ Jesus! I have a goodly heritage. Halleluiah.

further study:Romans 8:32; John 10:10; 1 Corinthians 3:21

1 Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Samuel 7-8 Luke 23:50-24:1-12
2 Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 6:30-44 Numbers 3
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by suckcybay: 2:55pm On Apr 30, 2015
thank you

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:56am On May 01, 2015
He'll Reward Your Faithfulness - Friday, May 1st . 

Pastor Chris 

Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord (1 Corinthians 15:58). 

The Lord Jesus taught extensively on the importance of faithfulness. In Luke 12:42-43, He said, "...Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season? Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing". When you faithfully carry out what God has instructed you to do, He promotes you and gives you additional responsibilities. 

Daniel, because of his faithfulness, was preferred above all the other presidents and princes set by Darius over his kingdom (Daniel 6:1-4). When the other presidents and princes connived and searched intently for an occasion against him, the Bible says, "...they could find none occasion nor fault; forasmuch as he was faithful, neither was there any error or fault found in him" (Daniel 6:4). He was faithful in every aspect of his life - to God, the king, his work, and his people. 

It makes no difference the challenges that you may encounter as you diligently serve the Lord; remain steadfast. Let nothing move you. Imagine the calibre of people that rose against innocent Daniel: All the presidents of the kingdom, the governors, princes, counsellors, and captains! They finally conspired to enact a decree to incriminate Daniel in his devotion to God (Daniel 6:7). 

Nevertheless, Daniel was undaunted. He still prayed to the Lord five times a day, as was his custom. Of course, this earned him the brutal punishment of being cast into the lions' den, but God shut the mouths of the lions and Daniel was taken out of the den alive! Your faith in the Lord and your faithfulness to Him will always make you triumphant. 

In your service to the Lord, remain diligent and focused. Never think that your service in the house of God is of no value or in vain. Don't look to man for any form of reward. Even when it's as though no one appreciates what you're doing, always remember that your heavenly Father sees all you do, and He rewards your faithfulness. 

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the privilege to serve you and fulfill the destiny that you've created for me! I'm steadfast, unmoveable, and undaunted by circumstances as I diligently serve you, putting my whole life into your work, because I know that my labour isn't in vain, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Proverbs 22:29
Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men. ; 

Hebrews 6:10
For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 24:13-35, 2 Samuel 9-11

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 6:45-56, Numbers 4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mex2bad: 8:50am On May 01, 2015
Thank you Gombs.
God will surely reward this Labour of Love himself. smiley I really appreciate you daily.

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:20am On May 02, 2015
Be Sensitive To The Time Of Change - Saturday, May 2nd . 

Pastor Chris 

Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard... (Daniel 10:12). 

Sometimes, you just know in your spirit that something needs to change in your life, and if you don't take advantage of that intuition, you could lose the moment. When you know inside you that the time has come for a change or for something to happen, don't take it lightly; start praying about it, and if, after sometime, you still haven't seen the desired results, you add fasting to it. If the change still doesn't occur after a while, keep praying and fasting about it, because the delay could be by Satan. 

This was what happened to Daniel as he prayed for the deliverance of God's people. He had read in the Book of Jeremiah that the deliverance of Israel would come after seventy years in exile, so he knew the time had come and thus began to pray. But the prince of the kingdom of Persia detained the angel that was to bring Daniel the message. Daniel, nonetheless, was faithful and kept praying. 

After twenty-one days, the angel of the Lord finally came with the answer and explained what had happened (Read Daniel 10:13-14). The angel that God sent to Daniel was delayed in the spirit realm, until Michael, one of the chief angels, came to help him. 

Perhaps you perceive that it's time for a transformation in your family, business, academics, finances, health, or ministry. Take it up; fast, and pray! On the other hand, maybe you sense that there's a certain level of operation of God's Spirit that should be at work in your life, but you're not experiencing it; give it attention. Fast and pray about it, because if you don't, you may lose the timing, as well as the opportunity. So, like Daniel, set your face "...to the Lord God to seek Him by prayer and supplications, with fasting..." (Daniel 9:3-4 AMP). 

Prayer...
Precious Father, I thank you for the impact of your Word in my life, and for the power of your Spirit! I'm sensitive to the guidance and promptings of your Spirit, and I'm conscious of the force of your wisdom within me, to live in sync with your perfect will. Thank you for making my life glorious, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 12:12
Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer; ; 

Exodus 3:19
And I am sure that the king of Egypt will not let you go, no, not by a mighty hand.

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 24:36-53, 2 Samuel 12-14

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 7:1-13, Numbers 5
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 3:54am On May 03, 2015
Depict Him With Your Life - Sunday, May 3rd . 

Pastor Chris 

Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world (1 John 4:17). 

It matters whose character is reflected in your life. When you talk, whom do you portray? Let Christ be heard in your words, and let Him be seen in your actions. Don't let people hear you and have the impression that you're wild, arrogant or violent. If Christ is in you, let Him talk through you; let Him see through your eyes and work with your hands; let Him show up in your life! 

Every time you respond to situations, let it be Christ in you responding. Remember, He lives in you; you're a "carrier" of His divine glory. You're the reflector, as well as the reflection, of His glory. That's what the Word means by "...being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person..." (Hebrews 1:3). You might say, "But that verse refers to Jesus!" Yes; but you're like Him. Read the opening verse again: as He is, so are we in this world. 

Don't act in the flesh; express the beauty of God's holiness that's inside you. Express His righteousness. Live His Word; portray Christ with your life, because you represent Him. Think, talk, and act like Him. Meditate on His Word; His Word shows you His way of thinking; His Word reveals His personality to us. So, the more you study the Word and act on it, the more you characterize Him with your life. 

The world may never know Him until they meet us. Never forget that. We were made in God's image and His likeness. That means we were made to look like Him and to function like Him. Now that you're born again, you're exactly like Jesus. You have the same nature with Him. This is a spiritual reality. So, in everything, let His divine nature and attributes be revealed through you. Portray His character of love, righteousness, goodness, and compassion with your life! 

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the privilege of being made an associate of the God-kind! I'm empowered by your Spirit to daily reveal Christ with my life, manifesting His righteousness, and the glories of the Kingdom! Thank you for the manifestation of your righteousness, wisdom, and grace, in and through me, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 John 2:6
He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked. ;

1 Peter 2:21
For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 1:1-18, 2 Samuel 15-17

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 7:14-23, Numbers 6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:29am On May 04, 2015
Don't Let Anger Rule You - Monday, May 4th .

Pastor Chris

Then Zedekiah the son of Chenaanah came near, and smote Micaiah upon the cheek, and said, Which way went the Spirit of the Lord from me to speak unto thee? (2 Chronicles 18:23).

Ahab, the king of Israel, wanted to go to war to reclaim Ramothgilead, a land he believed was rightfully his; and he invited his friend, Jehoshaphat the king of Judah, to go with him, Jehoshaphat agreed but requested Ahab to call the prophets in the land to know what God thought about the decision. Ahab called the prophets, including Zedekiah. The Bible says, "...and all the prophets prophesied before them. And Zedekiah the son of Chenaanah had made him horns of iron, and said, Thus saith the Lord, With these thou shalt push Syria until they be consumed" (2 Chronicles 18:9-10).

In spite of this unanimous prophecy, Jehoshaphat still wanted some more confirmation. It was at this point that Ahab sent for Micaiah. But amazingly, the prophecy of Micaiah was different from that of Zedekiah. After Zedekiah had said to Ahab, "Go, the Lord is with you", Micaiah said, "God isn't with you on this mission". So, who was "lying" here?

The Bible shows whose prophecy couldn't have been from the Lord. Their response and disposition lets us know who was been moved by the Spirit of God, and who wasn't. Zedekiah, in anger, struck Micaiah in the face for daring to give a word that contradicted what he had prophesied. Evidently, Zedekiah's behaviour was contrary to the Spirit of God.

Look at Jesus! The only time He responded to anybody in anger was when worshippers abused His Father's house; and it was holy anger. He had a strong zeal for His Father's house: "For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up..." (Psalm 69:9a). He never responded in anger to what anyone did against Him. No matter what was said to Him or about Him, He never responded in anger.

Don't let anger rule you; be yielded to God's Spirit. Always, maintain the right attitude that's befitting to your nature as the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, regardless of how pressured you might be to act otherwise.

Prayer. ..
Father, I thank you for the wisdom I've received from your Word. I subject my words, actions, and attitude to your Word. In my relationship with others, I'm propelled by your Word to respond in your love, which is shed abroad in my heart by the Holy Spirit, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Proverbs 25:28 MSG
A person without self-control is like a house with its doors and windows knocked out. ;

James 1:20 GNB
Human anger does not achieve God's righteous purpose.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 1:19-51, 2 Samuel 18-19

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 7:24-37, Numbers 7
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:07am On May 05, 2015
The Impact of His life in You . Tuesday, May 5

Pastor Chris

And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son (1 John 5:11).

The Christian is one who has received eternal life. Eternal life is the life and nature of God, which is in Jesus Christ. This is the life that Jesus brought to the world, and He imparts it to the spirit of the one who believes in Him. 

Unfortunately, many don’t know what this glorious eternal life is; its impact in, and upon, the one that has it! They think eternal life is that life which you get when you get to heaven. But that’s not true. The one who doesn’t have eternal life on earth wouldn’t even go to heaven. John said, “These things have I written unto you...that ye may know that ye have eternal life...” (1 John 5:13). Why did he emphasize eternal life as our present-hour reality? Why is it so important that we have and live with the consciousness that we have the God-life now?

It’s because of the impact and implication of that God-life in, and for, the one who has it. For example, cancer or any other disease or infirmity shouldn’t thrive in the body of the one who has eternal life. This doesn’t mean that you may not be “attacked” by cancer; but that’s what it is: “an attack!” You don’t let it stay! You declare, “I have eternal life! Therefore, in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, get out of my body! I refuse to accommodate you!” The moment you say that, it stops growing and starts shrinking, until it passes out of your body. This is the effect of eternal life in you.

Irrespective of the pain you might be feeling, or the situation you find yourself in, keep declaring, “Eternal life is at work in me!” This life which you’ve received isn’t for nothing! Refuse to accept disease and infections in your body; refuse anything that’s of the devil, because the life in you is the God-life; it’s impregnable.

Confession..
Eternal life is at work in me, in every fibre of my being, in every cell of my blood, and in every bone of my body! I live transcendently above sickness, disease, and infirmities! I’m superior to Satan and the elements of this world, because divine life works in me! Glory to God!

Further Study:
1 Timothy 6:12 
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

1 John 1:2
(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto uswink

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
John 2 2 Samuel 20-21

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Mark 8:1-9 Numbers 8
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:07am On May 06, 2015
We Have Complete Access To The Inheritance! - Wednesday, May 6th . 

Pastor Chris 

Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ (Galatians 4:7). 

In John 16:15, Jesus said, "All things that the Father hath are mine...." What a statement! He wasn't just being audacious; He said it as a matter of absolute reality. The Word shows that He is the heir of all things and He made the whole world (Hebrews 1:2). Are you aware that like Him, everything the Father has belongs to you? If everything the Father has belongs to Jesus, then everything that belongs to the Father also belongs to you, because we're joint heirs with the resurrected Christ! 

In 1 Corinthians 3:21, Paul writes, "Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours". The Almighty God, the owner of all things is telling you that all things are yours. If all things are yours, how then can you be broke? Meditate on this sufficiently until it gives you a new mindset. David said, "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters" (Psalm 23:1-2). What a declaration! What a testimony! This should be your testimony too, because you're the seed of Abraham. 

Let's read our opening scripture from The Message translation: "Doesn't that privilege of intimate conversation with God make it plain that you are not a slave, but a child? And if you are a child, you're also an heir, with complete access to the inheritance?" We have complete access to "the inheritance!" There's an inheritance for you in Christ Jesus. Ephesians 1:11 says in Him we have obtained an inheritance. Glory to God! 

Understand this: we're joint heirs with the risen Christ. Do you know what that means? He's the possessor of heaven and earth, and we're joint heirs with Him. What could be better? Paul said the world is yours! So what do you want? There's nothing that's not covered in this. You're an heir of God now, and everything He has belongs to you. He qualified you to be a partaker of the inheritance of the saints in the Kingdom of light; enjoy your inheritance. 

Confession...
All things are mine! I walk in the reality of my inheritance in Christ today! My life is upward and forward only! I'm not moved by inflation, economic downturns and meltdowns, because I play by a different set of rules! I'm an heir of God, with complete access to an incorruptible inheritance! 

Further Study:
Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. ; 

Colossians 1:12
Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: 

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 3:1-21, 2 Samuel 22

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 8:10-21, Numbers 9
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:10am On May 07, 2015
Favour Others - Thursday, May 7th . 

Pastor Chris 

Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren (1 John 3:16). 

There's no culture or law against loving and helping others. Part of your calling in Christ is to be a "lifter and blesser" of others. Show them favour. The Bible says freely you have received, freely should you also give (Matthew 10:8 ). If you know how to expect and receive favour from God, you must be willing to express the same favour to others. Never stop giving to others. 

Love is the hallmark of our Christian walk. Our opening verse says, "Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren". It's not talking about going to the cross to die for the brethren. It's talking about being selfless, giving to, and helping others, expecting nothing in return. 

Are you in a position to help someone? Make sure you do it. Give a helping hand. Maybe God placed you where you are because He knew a time of need would come for someone or certain people, and you'd be the solution. You've been blessed to become a helper. God has set up His headquarters in you, so you'll be the dispenser of His goodness and favours to others. 

There might be those who aren't as financially established as you are, and might require your help. Don't ignore them. If you want to see the greater manifestation of the Spirit in your life, love others genuinely, and demonstrate it. People came to Jesus from everywhere, not just because He was a miracle worker, but they could see that He loved; they felt and experienced His love. Be that kind of person. 

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for making me a solution provider, and for making me sensitive to the needs of others! I'm conscious that I'm a dispenser of your goodness and extension of your arm of favour to others. You've enabled me to be a helper and a lifter of others, for your glory, in Jesus' Name. Amen. 

Further Study:
1 John 3:17 GNB
If we are rich and see others in need, yet close our hearts against them, how can we claim that we love God?

Romans 15:1
We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves. ; 

Galatians 6:10
As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 3:22-36, 2 Samuel 23-24

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 8:22-23, Numbers 10
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:35am On May 08, 2015
The Good Treasures Of The Heart! - Friday, May 8th . 

Pastor Chris

A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things (Matthew 12:35).

Proverbs 4:23 parallels what the Lord Jesus said in the opening verse; it says, "Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life". This is extraordinary! It means your spirit is a reservoir of good things; you can bring forth anything you want from within you.

Imagine that you've always wanted to established a certain kind of business, but getting the capital has been a challenge; don't wait for anyone to bring the money to you; bring it from within you! The important thing isn't the capital you need for the business but what you can see in your heart! Can you see the business? If you hold on to the picture of the business, you don't have to worry about how the capital will navigate you, or who God would use to make it happen.

Understand this: anything and everything that's consistent with life and godliness has already been given to you; it's all in your spirit! The Bible says, "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear" (Hebrews 11:3).

Ephesians 1:3 says, "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ". If He has blessed you with all spiritual blessings in the heavenly realms, it means that you already have every good thing that exists in the spirit-realm; they're in your spirit! Therefore, you can bring forth life from within you. You can call forth your blessings. Halleluiah.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the efficacy of your Word. As I meditate on it today, my faith is built up. Thank you Lord for my heart is filled with goodness by reason of your Word in me, and daily, as occasion demands, I bring forth good things from my spirit, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Proverbs 4:23
Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. ;

2 Peter 1:2-4
Grace andbpeace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, 3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: 4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 4:1-26, 1 Kings 1

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 8:34-9:1, Numbers 11

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 288
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.