Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (250221 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:50am On May 19, 2017
Live The Higher Life - Friday, May 19th .

Pastor Chris

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world (John 16:33).

These are the words of Jesus; such powerful, comforting, lifting and encouraging words! He said, “…In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” What a confession. He lived the higher life. When He physically walked the earth, even though He was in a world plagued with gross darkness, economic hardships, sickness, oppression, disasters, death, etc., He was so detached from the problems and the influences of His day. He lived in another realm, unscathed by the vagaries of nature and corrupting influences in the world.

Why was He so different? It’s because He had a peculiar mind-set; the mind-set of the righteous. And according to the Scriptures, we’re like Him. 1 John 4:17 says, “…as he is, so are we in this world.” We’re therefore to live the higher life—in absolute dominion over the world and its systems as He did. His victory over the world was for you. You’ve already been made triumphant.

When you face challenges, persecutions, distressing situations, turbulent times, be of good cheer, because in Christ, you’ve overcome the world. 1 John 4:4 says, “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.”

Having this consciousness will even affect your prayer language; you won’t be begging God to help you against the enemy or to deliver you from the problems you might be facing. Rather, you’d say, “In the Name of the Lord Jesus, I have overcome the world and its systems, its hatred, its penury, its corruption, depression, and falsehood!”

Refuse to allow anything in this world get you depressed or despaired; you’re more than a conqueror. You’re bigger than the world and all its problems. Live the higher life in Christ by simply living in God’s Word.

Confession...
I’ve overcome the world and its systems, because greater is He that’s in me, than he that’s in the world. I live in dominion over all the powers and schemes of the enemy, as I walk in the wisdom and righteousness of God, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Psalm 34:19-22
Many [are] the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all. 20 He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken. 21 Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate. 22 The LORD redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate.

2 Timothy 3:12
Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

Romans 8:31-39
What shall we then say to these things? If God [be] for us, who [can be] against us? 32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? [It is] God that justifieth. 34 Who [is] he that condemneth? [It is] Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? [shall] tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:John 8:48-59, 2 Kings 1-3
2-Year Bible Reading Plan:Mark 11:12-26, Numbers 22
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:03am On May 20, 2017
True Fulfilment - Saturday, May 20th

Pastor Chris

There is far more to your inner life than the food you put in your stomach, more to your outer appearance than the clothes you hang on your body (Luke 12:23 MSG).

Life has much deeper fulfilments than money, material things, and earthly pleasures. Some people have amassed so much wealth and abundant material possessions, yet they aren’t fulfilled. Some think that by acquiring more money and properties, making more friends, having more children or getting more famous, they’ll finally become fulfilled, but they’ve realized it’s not so. True fulfilment is in discovering your divine purpose; God’s will for you in Christ, and accomplishing it.

Jesus said, “…My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work” (John 4:34). That should be your goal, your joy, your fulfilment and satisfaction. You need to realise that man is a spirit being; therefore, the most important things in his life are spiritual. His fulfilment will come from his spirit as he fulfils God’s purpose. There’s a divine purpose for your life, which you must discover and achieve, for you to be truly fulfilled in life.

Have you asked yourself, “What does God really want for my life?” When you discover His dream for you, be glad about it, and go for it, and you’ll be fulfilled. Not everybody may be excited about what God has called them to do, but if you’re spiritually minded, you’ll be. Be determined to please Him in all things, and He’ll fill your heart with joy.

As you study the Word, fellowship with the Holy Spirit and function in the church, you’ll discover your specific purpose in Him, and how exactly He wants you to live. That way, life would be more meaningful to you and you’d be able to help others discover their purpose in life, and experience true fulfilment.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for my true fulfilment, which lies in doing your will. You’re at work in me, to will and to do your good pleasure. Thank you for guiding me by your Spirit in the direction of your perfect will. My promotion, prosperity, victories, and joy are guaranteed as I fulfil my purpose in you, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Philippians 2:13
For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [his] good pleasure.

Hebrews 10:7
Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* John 9:1-41, 2 Kings 4-5

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Mark 11:27-33, Numbers 23
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:27am On May 22, 2017
He’s Alive And At Work In You - Monday, May 22nd

Pastor Chris

For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose (Philippians 2:13 NIV).

The thought in our opening verse is such a powerful blessing. It lets you know that there’s a divine force, something supernatural and completely beyond you, that makes you do the things you do as a Christian. That force or power is Christ in you.

When you study the life of Jesus in His earth-walk, you’ll see that power at work in Him. Acts 10:38 declares, “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.” It was God working in Him to give sight to the blind, feed the hungry, clothe the naked, heal the sick, mend the broken hearted, deliver those who were oppressed of the devil, and even raise the dead.

That same Christ, in His mighty power, is at work in you through the Holy Spirit. The Apostle Paul in Colossians 1:29 refers to how he took advantage of this energy of the Spirit that works mightily in us: “Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.” Then, in our opening verse, notice that he didn’t speculate; he didn’t say “Well, maybe it’s God that’s working in you,” no. He stated a definite truth: It’s God who’s at work in you, both to will and to act according to His good pleasure.

The good things you do don’t just come from your head or your mind; they’re God-inspired. If it’s good for God and pleasing to Him, and good for people, then He’s the One working in you, making you willing and causing you to act accordingly!

“Christ in you” makes you willing to serve God and helps you do it. He’s alive in you. He talks through you, walks in you, and works in and through you so your life will glorify God. He impacts the world through you. Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you, for you’re the One who’s active, alive, and working in and through me, both to will and to fulfil your good pleasure. I’m strengthened by the Word and your Spirit, to express your goodness and love to my world today; I live to fulfil your purpose, and help others do the same, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 John 2:16-17
For all that [is] in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Hebrews 10:7
Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

Philippians 2:13 AMP
[Not in your own strength] for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* John 10:22-42, 2 Kings 8-9
2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Mark 12:13-17, Numbers 25
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:23am On May 23, 2017
Faithful And Empowered Witnesses - Tuesday, May 23rd, 2017.

Pastor Chris.

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature (Mark 16:15).

The Lord Jesus, before His glorious ascension, charged us to go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature. We’re His faithful and empowered witnesses. You can say like Paul, “And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry” (1 Timothy 1:12). Your life as a Christian is to bear witness of the reality of the Kingdom, and minister the Gospel to those in your world and in the regions
beyond.

You’ve received the power to be a faithful and
effective witness of the Lord Jesus. He has made you an able minister of the Gospel (2 Corinthians 3:6). One vital evidence that the Holy Spirit is active in your life is soul winning; dynamic evangelism! Whenever people received the Holy Spirit in the Bible, they preached and taught the Word with boldness, resulting in the conversion of sinners. For example, Peter ministered the Gospel and converted three thousand souls in one day: “Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls” (Acts 2:41).

Christ has come, and has brought salvation to the whole world. It’s our responsibility to tell the untold and take the message of salvation to the ends of the earth. The Gospel has been committed to our trust, and many people may never hear it, except through you. It’s your responsibility to let others know what Jesus came to do. He was born to die for the sins of men, and raised back to life for their justification. He came to make men sons of God. Everyone in the world today must hear that Christ Jesus came that they might have life (John 10:10), and we’re the bearers of this glorious news.

The Gospel message is the only hope for the world today. It’s man’s only means of salvation. Paul said, “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek” (Romans 1:16). It’s your responsibility as a minister of reconciliation to take the message of Christ’s salvation to the lost and dying of this world. This is your calling, and you’ve been empowered for the job!

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, necessity is laid upon me to preach the Gospel; it’s all that I live for! Thank you for your grace and power at work in me as I reach out to the unsaved with the Gospel, delivering them from darkness into light, and from the power of darkness unto God, in Jesus’ Name.
Amen.

Further Study :
Luke 15:7
I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

1 Corinthians 9:16
For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!

Romans 10:13-15
13. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, 15. How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 11 :1 - 16, 2 Kings 10- 12

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 12: 18- 27, Numbers 26
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:47am On May 24, 2017
A Real Spiritual Birth - Wednesday, May 24th, 2017.

Pastor Chris.

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new (2 Corinthians 5:17)

Being born again is much more than changing your behaviour or turning over a new leaf. When you received Christ into your life, something actually happened; there was a real spiritual birth. You were born of the Word of God and the Spirit of God. That’s how come you have the life, nature and character of God in your spirit; it’s a completely
new life.

Romans 6:6 says, “Knowing this, that our old man is
crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.” The “old man,” the life you had before you were born again, isn’t suspended; it’s dead. You’re a new man. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” The Greek rendering of the expression “new creature” refers to a new species of being; one that never existed before—one without a past.

In the presence of God, everything you were, and did before you were born again never existed; there’s no record, because you’re a new creation, a new being. Christians who are ignorant of this are held in bondage to their past, which invariably makes them ineffective in the things of God.

Understand that your spirit has come alive to God, and seeks only to please Him and do His will now that you’re born again. You might ask, “How come some people still do the wrong things even after they’ve been born again?” The truth is, those things don’t come from their human spirit, but from the “unrenewed” mind and the senses. This is the reason you must keep renewing your mind with the Word. Keep learning, meditating on, and living the Word. That way, you’ll train your spirit to rule over your mind and the flesh.

You’re the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. You’ve been born into a newness of life; live accordingly.

Confession...
I live in victory, and walk in righteousness. The Word of God renews my mind, strengthens my spirit, and purifies my soul. The glory of God is revealed in me today as I meditate on the Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Colossians 3:9-10
9. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; 10. And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Romans 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Daily Scripture
Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 11 :17- 572 Kings 13-14
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 12: 28- 34Numbers 27
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:28am On May 25, 2017
Present-Hour Truths - Thursday, May 25th..

Pastor Chris..

Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart (2 Corinthians 3:3).

The epistles are special out-breathings of the Spirit addressed to the new man in Christ, and they mostly consist of present-hour truths. When you study the Pauline revelations, Peter’s epistles and some of John’s Spirit-inspired thoughts, you’d discover truths that are operative in the “now” of our lives.

For example, Paul tells us, Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature...”(2 Corinthians 5:17). This isn’t history, a prophecy, or a promise. You aren’t going to become a new creation when you get to heaven or after you’ve prayed hard enough; you’re a new creation NOW! It’s a fact for today.

Another beautiful present-hour fact is 1 Peter 2:9. It says, But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.” You were created to display and manifest the beauty, glory, excellence, holiness, grace, and righteousness of God. This is your calling in Christ Jesus.

When you study Revelation 1:6, you find yet another operative truth: “And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.”This isn’t something to hope for; it’s already happened. You’re a king-priest, ordained of God to reign in life; to decree a thing and have it established unto you.

Another of such glorious realities is that you’re an heir of God, and a joint-heir with Christ! And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ… (Romans 8:17). This means everything that belongs to Him belongs to you in the same way and degree that they belong to Him. Both of you own everything one hundred percent together! Therefore, like Him, you’ve also been appointed heir of all things. It’s for the same reason that Paul said, all things are yours” (1 Corinthians 3:21).

These are some of the truths about the new creation, which, as a Christian, you must be conscious of and live by. Study the Word to know more, and live in the reality of who you are in Christ!

Prayer...

Dear Father, I thank you for imparting me with the knowledge of the truths in your Word, which are operational in the “now” of my life. I’m enlightened in my spirit to grasp deeper and higher truths in your Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

2 Peter 1:12
Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know [them], and be established in the present truth.

Daily Scripture Reading.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 12:1-19, 2 Kings 16-17

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 12:35-44,
Numbers 28
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:17am On May 26, 2017
He's Unlimited - Friday, May 26th.

Pastor Chris

Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God (Psalm 90:2).

Many people have unconsciously placed a limit on God, who He is, and what He’s capable of doing. Notice what our opening verse says about His illimitable personality: from everlasting to everlasting, He’s God. That means both in the dateless past, and in the dateless future, He is God. Isn’t that amazing? No wonder the human mind can’t easily grasp things about Him.

1 Corinthians 2:14 says, “But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.” For example, there’re those who question the virgin birth of the Lord Jesus. They even say, “How can God, who is neither a woman nor a man, have a son?” When you ask such questions, you’re relegating God to the realms of ordinary human beings, and some biological processes. Come on! He’s God! Man lives in the three-dimensional world, and all he knows is limited to that realm, but God exists in a far much higher dimension.

In Jeremiah 32:27, He said, “Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there anything too hard for me?” When you know Him as the self-existent One, you’ll understand how come He could send His Word through an angel to the Virgin Mary, and it produced a child—Jesus—without the agency or the seed of man.

Don’t live your life according to speculations and theories of men; there’s a higher knowledge. Follow the Word. God isn’t a man, and He’s not restricted by man’s limitations. He’s God Almighty. Trust Him and you’ll be blessed.

Prayer...
Almighty Father, the maker of heaven and earth, and the giver of life, I worship and adore you for who you are. You’re great and greatly to be praised. There’s none like you! Your ways are higher than the ways of men; you’re glorious in majesty. You’re the only true God, and I adore you today, trusting you with my life forever, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Matthew 19:26
But Jesus beheld [them], and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Jeremiah 32:17
Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, [and] there is nothing too hard for thee:

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: John 12:20-50, 2 Kings 18-19

2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Mark 13th :1-11, Numbers 29
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:44am On May 28, 2017
Walking in Full Knowledge - Sunday, May 28th.

Pastor Chris

For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding (Colossians 1:9).

Observe the Spirit’s choice of words through Paul, and his beautiful prayer for God’s people in our opening text. He desires that we be filled with the knowledge of God’s will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding. I’ll like you to notice the distinctive word “knowledge.” That word is the Greek “Epignosis,” and it means absolute knowledge, far removed from speculations and assumptions; it’s exact, precise, definite or full knowledge.

The Spirit’s desire for you isn’t just for you to have an idea or be merely aware of God’s will; He wants you to become fully acquainted with His will. He wants you to come into the full comprehension of the will of the Father. Moreover, when you know God, you know all things, for He’s the embodiment of all wisdom and knowledge. So, in Christ, you have insight into reality. You can have full knowledge about anything. Can you imagine that?

You might ask, “Why then is this not working for me?” Simple! Hosea 4:6 says, “My people are destroyed for the lack of knowledge….” First, you have to know about it, like you’re learning now. Romans 10:17 says, “So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” Secondly, you have to be conscious of it for it to work. If you don’t know it, you can’t use it; and if you’re not conscious of it, it’ll not work.

Thirdly, you have to confess and declare this to be the reality of your life: you’re filled with the knowledge of God’s will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding! Bring it to your everyday consciousness. Philemon 1:6 says the communication of your faith becomes effective by the “epignosis” of every good thing, which is in you in Christ Jesus. This means as you’re brought into this full and special knowledge of all the good things that are in you in Christ Jesus, the demonstration of your faith becomes more productive. Glory to God!

Prayer...
Lord, I thank you for enlightening my spirit to know and apprehend all that you’ve made available to me in Christ! I’m walking in the reality of my inheritance; the communication of my faith is effectual, as I walk in the exact, and full knowledge of Christ. I walk in victory, dominion, and success always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Philemon 1:6
That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 3:17
That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
:18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what [is] the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Ephesians 1:15
Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
:16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan : John 13:31-14:1-14, 2 Kings 23-25

2-YEAR Bible Reading Plan : Mark 13:24-37, Numbers 31
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:30am On May 30, 2017
He is Goodness Personified - Tuesday, May 30th. .

Pastor Chris..

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning (James 1:17).

God is good (Psalm 24:1). He’s goodness personified, but not many people see or perceive Him as such. They think He wants us afraid and apologetic all the time; so they try to be careful with Him, hoping not to offend Him. God isn’t that way. He’s not waiting to see you slip or make a mistake so He can sniff from heaven and wipe you off the face of the earth. He’s loving and kind.

The Lord Jesus unveiled the Father to us as a loving Father. When He walked the earth, He represented everything that the Father is. The Jews knew God as the God of judgment. Then, they heard Jesus call God “Father”; that was new, and they understood what it meant. The Bible says, “Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him” (John 10:31). They wanted to kill Him for daring to call God His Father, thus making Himself equal with God.

The Jews weren’t acquainted with the God who loves the world so much as to give His only Son to die in their place. They knew Him as a consuming fire; therefore, they couldn’t relate with Him. They couldn’t be persuaded, because their opinion and perception of Him was wrong.

God is love, and cares so much for you, up to the strands of hair on your head: “Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows” (Matthew 10:29-31). That’s why He doesn’t want you to be worried or fretful over anything in life. He’s aware you require money, clothing, food, shelter and all the necessities of life, and has already made them available to you.

He said in 1 Corinthians 3:21, .All things are yours” ; believe and accept it, for it’s true. Live with the consciousness that God has truly made everything you’d ever require for a triumphant life here on earth available to you in Christ Jesus. Enjoy your life by simply accepting His Word and living accordingly.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I praise and thank you for your goodness in my life. Thank you for caring so much for me, for granting me everything I require to live triumphantly on earth. Christ is glorified in me today, and His righteousness is unveiled through me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Matthew 6:25-34
Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? 27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? 28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: 29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, [shall he] not much more [clothe] you, O ye of little faith? 31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seeksmiley for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day [is] the evil thereof.

Philippians 4:6
And Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Daily Scripture Reading .

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 15:1-17, 1 Chronicles 3-4

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 14:12-21,
Numbers 33
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:14am On May 31, 2017
Levels Of Maturity - Wednesday, May 31st.

Pastor Chris

For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil (Hebrews 5:13-14).

Some Christians get very excited to read 1 Corinthians 1:30: _“But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption.” Then, they come across James 1:5: “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him” and get confused. “Should one still ask for wisdom after Christ has been made unto us wisdom?” they wonder. Now, those two verses aren’t contradictory at all; it’s about levels of maturity in Christ.

The Scriptures are given to us to guide and lead us, and as you study, you’ll find that there’re different kinds of instructions for different groups of Christians on the basis of their maturity. Some are addressed to the babes in Christ; others, to the maturing in Christ, and then, there’re instructions for the “fathers” or the spiritually mature in Christ.

The one who’s still a babe in Christ may quote and confess that Christ has been made unto him wisdom, but he hasn’t really caught it. His words and actions may still be incongruous with the Word, and the wisdom of God. He isn’t yet manifesting wisdom, which is a fruit of righteousness. He still acts and thinks like the rest of the world, like those without wisdom. So, James says to such a fellow, “Ask that wisdom becomes a reality in your life.”

Remember, it’s children, the babes in Christ, that ask for things. Jesus said, “Ask and it shall be given unto you”; He related it with children asking their father for bread (Luke 11:9-12). The spiritually mature doesn’t ask for anything, because he lacks nothing in Christ. This has become his living consciousness. This is the level God wants you to grow into, where you know that all things are yours; you’re not asking for wisdom, but walking in wisdom.

Confession...
I’m bearing fruits of righteousness, and the glory of God is revealed in me today in wisdom, power and might! I live in victory and dominion over the elements of this world, in Jesus’ Name. Amen..

Further Study :
1 Corinthians 3:21
Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;
:22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;

Galatians 4:1
Now I say, [That] the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;
:2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 15:18-16:1-16, 1 Chronicles 5-6

2-Year Bible Reading Plan : Mark 14:22-31, Numbers 34
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:51am On Jun 01, 2017
Glory Realized - Thursday, June 1st.

Pastor Chris

Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory (Colossians 1:26-27).

What some Christians assume from our opening scripture is that if Christ is in you, you have a hope of glory in the future. In a sense, that’s correct; if Christ is in you, there’s hope in your life for glory. But what that portion of Scripture means is, Christ in you is the fulfilment of that hope of glory. He’s not saying we have a hope that we’re going to have glory in the future, or in the sweet by and by. The hope that man was looking forward to has been fulfilled in Christ. Christ in you is glory realised.

The latter part of our theme scripture says, “To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory”(Colossians 1:27). This is the revelation or essence of Christianity. The glory that was lost in the Garden of Eden has been restored.

Adam lived in the presence of God and God’s presence was his light. That connection, that relationship, was the glory of God. Adam, and subsequently all men, were cut off from that glory in the Garden of Eden, when he sinned against God by committing high treason.

But now, you don’t have any reason to live outside the glory of God anymore, because the glory is here now; it’s in your spirit. How do you know that your life is excellent and full of glory? It’s because Christ is in you! That’s your hope for a flourishing life in health, prosperity, victory and success. That’s your confidence that you’ll never be defeated in life: Christ in you, your hope of the transcendent life.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the indwelling presence of Christ in me; He’s the glory of my life. My life is the manifestation of the glory and righteousness of God. Thank you, blessed Father, for the triumphant life I have in Christ. As I behold the glory of God in the Word, I’m transformed into that same image, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :

John 17:22
And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Romans 8:30
Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING.

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: John 16:17-33, 1 Chronicles 7-8

2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Mark 14:32-42,
Numbers 35
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:44am On Jun 02, 2017
You Can Multiply Grace and Peace in Your Life - Friday, June 2nd

Pastor Chris

Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord (2 Peter 1:2).

Grace and peace are two extremely vital elements you must have working in your life in increasing measure, for you to live the transcendent life that you’ve received in Christ.

What is grace? Grace means more than unmerited favour; it refers to the divine influence on the human spirit. It’s the outworking or outward reflection of the beauty, power, perfection, excellence, virtue and glory of divinity in your human spirit. It’s a supernatural endowment that causes you to flourish and excel in all you do.

Peace means amongst other beautiful things, power over crisis. It’s translated from the Greek word “eir é n é ,” which is akin to the Hebrew word “shalom.” It doesn’t just refer to the peace of being safe from evil and destruction, but to that which brings rest and prosperity. When you have the peace of Jesus Christ, it means you have power over crisis, and are at rest in prosperity.

That’s the kind of life Jesus had when He walked the earth: He was full of grace and truth, and was at rest and in control, every time, every day, everywhere and in all circumstances! Peter tells us that the way to have grace and peace multiplied in your life is through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. You don’t have to pray, “O God, give me more grace,” or “multiply my peace.” You’re to make it happen for yourself, by giving yourself to the acquisition and application of the precise, full and absolute knowledge (Greek-Epignosis) of God.

Too many people are suffering and struggling in life when they ought to be living in the transcendental blessings that have been made available to us in Christ Jesus. The reason they’re suffering is because of ignorance. Get to know more of God; study the Word! Become acquainted with Him through fellowship and meditation on the Scriptures, and His grace and peace will be multiplied in your life.

Confession...
The grace of God is evident and manifest in my life; I’m blessed and highly favoured in all things. The peace of God that surpasses all understanding guards my heart. I have power over crises and I’m at peace in prosperity! I’m on top, in charge and in control of circumstances, because Christ is in me, and He’s my peace. Blessed be God!

FURTHER STUDY:
2 Peter 1:5
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

2 Peter 3:18
But grow in grace, and [in] the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him [be] glory both now and for ever. Amen.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 17:1-26, 1 Chronicles 9-10
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 14:43-52, Numbers 36
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:24am On Jun 03, 2017
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL

Saturday, June 3rd.
Pastor Chris

APPOINTED UNTO GLORY.

What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory (Romans 9:22-23).

The Apostle Paul in the foregoing verses of Scripture deals with predestination. He tells us that there’re vessels appointed to God’s wrath—for destruction, and there’re vessels appointed to God’s mercy. He states that the vessels of mercy were appointed to glory; God prepared them in advance unto glory. Who are these vessels of mercy? It’s those of us who are born again. Romans 9:24 says, “Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?” Blessed be God!

We’re God’s vessels of mercy, appointed to glory. Romans 8:29-30 explains it. It says, “For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.”

Ours is a life of glory in Christ Jesus. You’re appointed to live in divine health, strength, abundance and prosperity. You’re predestined to be conformed to the image of God’s Son. He created you to be just like Jesus. In Hebrews 1:3, the Bible describes Jesus as the effulgence of God’s glory, “…and the express image of his person….” The same truth applies to you today, “…because as he (Jesus) is, so are we in this world” (1 John 4:17).

You’re the express image of God’s Person and the out-shining of His glory. So, like Jesus, you’re glorified. That means you’re to live a life of glory, not a life of reproach, defeat, penury, sickness, or disease; you’ve been handpicked for the glory-life. Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for appointing me unto your glory. The glory is in my spirit, and it’s evidently manifest in all that I do. Your grace is at work in me, producing health, wealth, prosperity, increase, abundance, favours and blessings, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
2 Peter 1:2
Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that [pertain] unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

2 Corinthians 3:18
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, [even] as by the Spirit of the Lord.

1 Samuel 2:8
He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, [and] lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set [them] among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth [are] the LORD'S, and he hath set the world upon them.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
John 18:1-27,
1 Chronicles 11-13

2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Mark 14:53-65,
Deuteronomy 1
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:53am On Jun 04, 2017
Living in the word - Sunday, June 4th .

Pastor Chris

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified (Acts 20:32).

The Christian is born of the Word, and as a result, he can only be built and nurtured by the Word. 1 Peter 2:2 says, “As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby.” The Word of God can build and transform any area of your life. Perhaps you think you’re not a very courageous person, the Word can build courage into your spirit. You might say, “I’m not a very confident person”; the Word can build your confidence. If you’re weak, the Word can infuse strength into you.

Everything in life is sustained by its source. You hail from the Word; that’s why everything you need in life is in the Word. You shouldn’t live outside the Word. To live your life outside the Word of God is death. Romans 8:13 says, “For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.” So, live your life the way God wants you to live: triumphant, glorious, and a success every day; live in the Word.

The latter part of our opening Scripture gives us another tremendous benefit of living in the Word: it’ll give you an inheritance! You already have an inheritance in Christ Jesus, but you might not be enjoying it yet. However, the Word of God has the ability to deliver that inheritance that belongs to you, into your hands.

It’s like your lawyer helping you get a legacy or heritage that’s rightfully yours. He did all the paperwork, went to the court on your behalf, got that inheritance and delivered it to you. The Word of God is like your lawyer that delivers to you your inheritance that Jesus already gave you.

There’s so much of your heritage that you haven’t tapped into yet. But through study and meditation on the Word, you appropriate and walk in the reality of these blessings to the glory of God.

Confession...
I walk in the reality of my inheritance in Christ, strengthened and positioned by the Spirit for the upward and forward life. I manifest the glory and righteousness of God to my world today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Joshua 1:8
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Colossians 3:16
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Luke 4:4
And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* John 18:28-19:1-16, 1 Chronicles 14-16

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Mark 14:66-72, Deuteronomy 2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:42am On Jun 05, 2017
Talk The Word Only - Monday,June 5th

Pastor Chris

Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all
(Galatians 4:1-2).

An heir is someone who has an inheritance
bequeathed to him, a legal inheritor of something: an estate or positon of high authority and wealth.
However, this heir, as long as he remains a “child” (Greek: “Nepios”) will live in servitude because of his immaturity, despite being the legal inheritor of a vast estate.
The characteristic thing about a “nepios” is that he can’t talk right; he doesn’t have the intelligence of a mature person, and as a result, he’s unable to communicate sensibly with his speech.

Some Christians are that way; they haven’t mastered the use of their tongue yet.
Yes, the Word says they’re heirs of God, and joint heirs with Christ, but they can’t live the life of an heir, because they haven’t matured spiritually.
In Christ Jesus, you’ve been given dominion over circumstances.
You’re superior to Satan and the forces of darkness. You have unlimited wealth, and access to limitless resources. You’ve been given the power of attorney to use the Name of Jesus and reign as a king in this world.

Nevertheless, as long as you haven’t learnt to talk right and talk the Word only, you’ll live as a victim.
God has already given you everything you need to live triumphantly in life: “Accordingashisdivinepowerhathgiven unto us all things that pertain unto lifeand godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue” (2 Peter 1:3). 1 Corinthians 3:21 says,…all things are yours.” But here’s the key: 1 Corinthians 2:13 says, “Which things alsowespeak… meaning that the same things God has said about you should be your confessions as well.
However, you can’t speak them if you don’t know them, which is why you must get yourself trained in the Word of God.

Be sure to be in church regularly to learn the Word of God. Study to know and apply the Word for yourself so you’ll be able to handle your inheritance, as well as know how to use the authority bequeathed to you in Christ.

Prayer...
Through the Holy Spirit , I’m taught and instructed in the life of Christ , and positioned to enjoy the great inheritance bequeathed to me in Him . My life is an expression of the realities of the glorious life of righteousness that I have in Christ , in Jesus ' Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Colossians 4:6
Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

James 3:2
For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.

1 Year Bible Reading Plan: John 19:17-42, 1 Chronicles 17-19

2 Year Bible Reading Plan : Mark 15:1-14, Deuteronomy 3

Leave comments on today's devotional www.rhapsodyofrealities.org
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:39am On Jun 06, 2017
The Love -Way - Tuesday, June 6th.

Pastor Chris

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God (1 John 4:7).

The greatest power in the world is love. The love-way is the right way. Jesus didn’t get offended at those who abused and tortured Him; rather He said, “…Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do…” (Luke 23:34). So, why would a Christian get so offended by someone who said something against him and say, “In the Name of Jesus Christ, I command their house to burn; I command fire upon their heads”; that’s unwise.

Some people go to the extent of studying a book of curses to learn how to curse others, despite what the Bible says, “Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not” (Romans 12:14). As a Christian, you’re called to bless. James 3:11-12 asks, “Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter? Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.”

Never be so offended to the point of pouring invectives on others. Remember, you have a wholesome tongue that speaks healing, life and righteousness; so use it only to bless. Don’t let anger dominate or rule you. Those who are ruled by anger can’t handle spiritual authority; they can’t use the Name of Jesus for the higher things of life. Ephesians 4:26 says, “Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath.”

You must tame and dominate anger, as well as impatience, frustration and hatred. You were born to love; refuse to allow anything agitate you to act otherwise. Even those that set themselves up to be your enemies, according to the words of Jesus, are still deserving of love: “But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you” (Matthew 5:44).

We’re to love others selflessly and unconditionally as Christ has loved us: “Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren” (1 John 3:16).

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your love, which is the hallmark of my life. I love unconditionally, because that’s my nature in Christ. I live in peace, joy and blessings, free of every unnecessary weight of anger and malice, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
1 Corinthians 13:1 NIV
If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
:2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
:3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
:4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
:5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
:6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
:7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
:8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

Daily Scriptures Reading

1-YEAR Bible Reading Plan : John 20:1-18, 1 Chronicles 20-22

2-YEAR Bible Reading Plan : Mark 15:15-24, Deuteronomy 4

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:45am On Jun 07, 2017
Think and Talk Prosperity - Wednesday, June 7th.

Pastor Chris

Praise ye the LORD. Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD, that delighteth greatly in his commandments. His seed shall be mighty upon earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed. Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever (Psalm 112:1-3).

The Christian is an heir of God, and a joint-heir with Christ. Romans 8:17 says, “And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ….” This means all things are yours (1 Corinthians 3:21). If you function with this mind-set, you’ll always walk in superabundance.

Some people have struggled all their lives; they’ve lived in lack, want and penury for so long that it has become so hard to believe in prosperity. The challenge is with their minds; if they can only think right, things will change. Romans 12:2 says, “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind….” Change your thinking; your consciousness, and it’ll show in your language.

Once you can think it, you’ll begin to talk it. There’s no penalty for thinking and talking big, nor is there any law against it. Think and talk success. In Joshua 1:8, God said, “Meditate!” In other words, think and talk the Word. As you do, you’ll make your way prosperous, and have good success.

God didn’t create you to suffer and struggle through life. He didn’t plan a miserable life for you. His Word, apart from showing you His will for your life, also reveals your inheritance in Christ. 2 Corinthians 8:9 declares, “For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.” Jesus became poor that we might become rich. This isn’t a promise; it’s a reality. All you have to do to enjoy the life of prosperity He’s given you is to live in His Word!

2 Peter 1:3 says, “According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.” This should become your thinking. 1 Corinthians 3:21 says, “Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours.” These are present-hour truths. Meditate upon them until your whole mentality is not only overhauled, but also completely transformed and inundated with possibilities of the prosperous life.

Prayer...
Precious Father, I thank you for your grace, love and kindness. You’ve set me up on high, to walk in superabundance. I’m blessed and highly favoured, enriched with all I require for life and godliness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Isaiah 60:11
Therefore thy gates shall be open continually; they shall not be shut day nor night; that [men] may bring unto thee the forces of the Gentiles, and [that] their kings [may be] brought.

2 Corinthians 9:8 AMP
And God is able to make all grace (every favor and earthly blessing) come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need be self-sufficient [possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation].

Daily Scripture Reading

1-YEAR Bible Reading Plan :John 20:19-31, 1 Chronicles 23-25
2 year Bible Reading Plan :Mark 15:25-32, Deuteronomy 5
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:07am On Jun 09, 2017
Go Beyond The Limits - Friday June 9th

Pastor Chris

And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain (Matthew 5:41).

There’re those who are always legalistic in their views
and approaches to life and spiritual instructions.
They believe in, and demand a strict literal adherence to spiritual instructions. If you were given an instruction to invite a soul to church, for example, learn to stretch yourself beyond the limits; go the extra mile by inviting and witnessing to much more than the number you’ve been assigned.

If you were involved in a project, perhaps, in the house of God, and you were to give a thousand dollars, don’t make your contribution legalistic. Don’t see it as a donation, but as an oblation to God. Once you’ve given that amount, don’t say, “I’ve given my part, and now I’m free,” no! Rather, let the burden, responsibility and commitment for the completion of that project spur you to further action. It’s the right thing to do.
It’s only when you do something totally different and incongruous with the instructions you’ve been given that there’s a problem.
In Matthew chapter 5, Jesus taught us to go the extra mile in whatever we’re asked to do. He said, “Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also. And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain” (Matthew 5:38-41).
This is the life we’ve been called to live. Legalism is no gain, but there’s gain in going the extra mile.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for the
opportunities you’re placed before me to manifest your glory and display your greatness in an even increasing measure. I’m compelled by your love , now and always , to go the extra mile , in soul winning giving , and in stirring faith in the hearts of other . I manifest your divine nature of love in blessing others today, Jesus ' Name. Amen.

Further Study :

Luke 11:5-8
Galatians 6:10
2 Corinthians 5:14-15

1 Year Bible Reading Plan : Acts 1, 2 Chronicles 1-4

2 Year Bible Reading Plan : Mark 16:1-11Deuteronomy 7
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:50am On Jun 10, 2017
Get Big Enough to help others - Saturday , 10th June

Pastor Chris.

And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work (2 Corinthians 9:cool.

This is the Lord’s desire for you. Whatever the need, irrespective of the circumstances, He wants you to be self-sufficient, so much so that you require no aid or support. But you see, He wants you to get big enough for others. The reason for being self-sufficient in all things is for you to abound in good works. That immediately brings something to mind: you really don’t live for yourself, but for other people.

Galatians 6:10 says, “As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.” Abraham, David and all the great men and women in the Bible didn’t live for themselves. You may have told yourself, “I don’t have money with which to help others,” but that’s why God is able to make all grace abound toward you. If you’re a student, for example, how many of your colleagues do you help with what you know, or do you hide your books and play dumb when they come around you?

You must be able to share what you have. You have a much bigger, and wider family than your biological household; you belong in the household of faith. So, don’t say, “I only want enough for me and my immediate family”; that’s not good enough. Make up your mind to be a blessing to others. If you bless people, you’ll always be lifted. This is because your promotion is in promoting others. You’re a greater success as you help others to succeed.

God will make happen for you what you make happen for others. So keep giving, and keep helping those around you to stand strong. As you grow in Christ, God expects you to learn how to look away from yourself and become concerned about the needs of others. When you get concerned about helping others, God will take care of your own desires.

There are many people in distress for example, whose healing will be perfected and their needs met, if only they’d, for a moment, look away from their own pains and needs and pray for others. Become sensitive to the needs of those around you to be a blessing. When you live this way, you’re functioning as your heavenly Father; miracles will happen in your life without your having to ask.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for making me a custodian of Kingdom wealth; I’m the light of the world, and by your Spirit, I touch lives, mend broken hearts, bring healing to the nations, and prosperity to those in need, all to the praise and glory of your Name. Amen.

Further Study:
2 Corinthians 9:9-10 AMP
As it is written, He [the benevolent person] scatters abroad; He gives to the poor; His deeds of justice and goodness and kindness and benevolence will go on and endure forever! 10 And [God] Who provides seed for the sower and bread for eating will also provide and multiply your [resources for] sowing and increase the fruits of your righteousness [which manifests itself in active goodness, kindness, and charity].

Luke 6:38
Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 2:1-21, 2 Chronicles 5-7
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 16:12-20, Deuteronomy 8
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:07am On Jun 11, 2017
Yielding to the Dominion Of the Word - Sunday, June 11th

Pastor Chris

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified (Acts 20:32).

It doesn’t matter where you’ve been or what has happened to you; if you’d let the Word have the dominion in your life, you’ll walk in absolute victory in all circumstances. In yielding to the dominion of the Word, there’re certain fundamentals to note; these are knowledge, meditation, and faith proclamations.

First and foremost, you must know the Word, and let it guide your thoughts, words and actions. In Hosea 4:6, God said, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge….” He wasn’t talking about their lack of general knowledge, but the knowledge of the Word. Only your knowledge of the Word can guarantee your success, progress and prosperity. That’s why He wants you to study. Refuse to be ignorant; give yourself to the Word. John 8:32 says, “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

Secondly, you must meditate on the Word; keep it in your heart and in your mouth. Through meditation, the Word mingles with your spirit, producing in you the message it carries. Joshua 1:8 says, “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.” Through meditation, you bring yourself under the influence and power of the Word; you’re transformed, and your spirit is energized for victory.

Lastly, be bold to make your faith proclamations. Believing what God says and confessing the same will change your life. When sickness or fear tries to attack you, respond by affirming what God has already said concerning you in His Word. Declare aloud, “I have the life of God in me! I’m more than a conqueror; I’m a victor in Christ Jesus! No weapon fashioned against me shall prosper, because I dwell in Christ!”

This is how you subject yourself to the dominion of God’s Word, to ensure its power is manifested in your life.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the glorious life you’ve given me in Christ! My life is the revelation of your grace, power, love, and righteousness. Your Word is working in me mightily, producing fruits of the divine life. I live in health, supernatural abundance, perpetual victory, and joy, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Acts 20:32
And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

Isaiah 55:10-11
For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper [in the thing] whereto I sent it.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan :Acts 2:22-47, 2 Chronicles 8-11

2 year Bible Reading Plan : Luke 1:1-10, Deuteronomy 9
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:21am On Jun 15, 2017
You Pray in Tongues from your Spirit - Thursday, 15th June
Pastor Chris

For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries (1 Corinthians 14:2).

When you pray in tongues, it’s your spirit that prays, even though the Holy Spirit is the One who grants you the language or utterance. Paul said in 1 Corinthians 14:14: “For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.”

Praying in tongues transcends the realm of the mind or human understanding, because the language is divine. All you do is connect your vocal organs to your human spirit and the flow takes place. That connection is your act of faith—the same faith you expressed when you received Christ into your heart, and now you can tell others you’re born again. Connect your vocal organs to your spirit. You’ll be amazed at how simple that really is.

On the day of Pentecost, the Holy Spirit came upon the disciples of Jesus and, immediately, they began to speak in other tongues. Those that heard them speaking in tongues mocked them, because the Bible says, “…he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries” (1 Corinthians 14:2). When you speak in other tongues, no man understands what you’re saying, but your spirit is in communion with God; it’s a spirit-to-Spirit communication.

Therefore, never get discouraged or even bothered by those who may jeer at you for speaking in tongues. It’s the language of the Spirit. The Bible says the things of the Spirit are foolishness to the natural man: “But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned” (1 Corinthians 2:14).

Contrary to what the skeptics say, speaking in tongues isn’t something you force out of your mouth or try to do; it’s the Holy Spirit that enables you to do it. However, it’s important to know that though it’s the Holy Spirit who gives the ability, you’re the one who has to open your mouth in faith and speak the words He generates in your spirit.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the tremendous blessings and impact of praying in tongues. I yield myself to the Holy Spirit, who energizes my spirit and causes me to utter divine secrets and mysteries of the Kingdom, thereby synchronising myself with God’s perfect will, walking in preordained pathways, to the praise and glory of Christ. Amen.

Further Study :

Romans 8:26 KJV
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered

1 Corinthians 14:39 KJV
Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.

Acts 2:4 KJV
And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

BIBLE READING PLAN

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:Acts 5:12-42, 2 Chronicles 23-25

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:Luke 1:57-66, Deuteronomy 13
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 11:31pm On Jun 17, 2017
Achieve more for Him - Saturday, June 17th

Pastor Chris

Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place (2 Corinthians 2:14).

In these last days, the Lord has specially graced His Church for significant attainments and ever-increasing glory. If there was ever a time to commit yourself to the Lord and do more for Him, it’s now. However, don’t expect everything to go smoothly just because you’ve decided to do more for the Lord. You’re likely to face adversities for daring to go the extra mile and do bigger things for the Master, but refuse to be moved. Our glory and victory in Christ is an eternal one. Read our opening verse again. In the midst of trouble, you’ll be triumphant as you set your focus on the Lord and what He’s called you to do.

Yes, there’s an adversary; there’s a dark realm over this world and in this world, which we’re set against; but the Word gives us clear instructions on what to do. It says, “Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand” (Ephesians 6:13).

Don’t weaken or cower under the pressure; put on the whole armour of God! Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Trust Him, for you’re sufficient in His sufficiency, and as a result, you can achieve whatever you set your heart to achieve.

Confession...
I’m from above. Though I live in this world that’s influenced by the devil, I don’t belong here; I hail from God. I refuse to bow to pressure; rather, I stand tall always, knowing the Lord is the strength of my life.

Further Study:
James 1:2-4
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; 3 Knowing [this], that the trying of your faith worketh patience. 4 But let patience have [her] perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

1 Corinthians 10:13
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].

Philippians 2:12-13
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [his] good pleasure.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Acts 7:1-53, 2 Chronicles 29-30

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Luke 2:1-7
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 3:32pm On Jun 18, 2017
Replace Old Habits with New ones - Sunday, June 18th

Pastor Chris

So get rid of every filthy habit and all wicked conduct. Submit to God and accept the word that he plants in your hearts, which is able to save you (James 1:21 GNB).

People aren’t born with habits. The reason they’re called habits is because they’re things you do repeatedly under similar circumstances.
Habits are acquired—they’re learned—and so the best way to get rid of them is to unlearn them. For example, if you’ve formed a habit of saying the wrong things, you have to learn a new habit of consciously speaking wholesome, gracious, and faith-filled words.
The next time you say those wrong words, you tell yourself: “I shouldn’t be saying that.” By so doing, you’re putting a check in your spirit.

If you have a habit of thinking wrong thoughts, you can change it. When those thoughts come to you, you say, “I’m not supposed to think like this. Observe an important principle here: to change a habit, you not only have to make a decision in your heart; you have to voice it.
Remember that the power to control all of your person—your spirit, soul, and body—is in your mouth. So voice your faith; voice your decisions.
The power is in your tongue.

If there’s any wrong habit you wish to change, first recognise that the habit isn’t good. Secondly, make the decision to stop it.
Thirdly, say, “I’m going to stop this and I’m stopping it now!” When you say that, you begin your process, because faith without works—corresponding action—is dead.
Your corresponding action will be to repeatedly check this thing that you’ve been doing by refusing to do it again, and voicing your faith against it.

Some researchers say you form a habit when you do something consistently for six times or more. Imagine that; only six times, and it’s like you were born with it.
That means if you practised stopping it and refusing it six times, you’ll develop a new habit. This shows that it involves some work. A new habit wouldn’t drop on you; you’ll have to acquire it. Replace old bad habits with new good ones.

Confession...
The Word of God influences and dominates my thoughts. It produces in the ability to do right at all times. The world and its negative forces can’t influence my thoughts, because my life is a reflection of the beauty and excellence of Christ! I think only those thoughts that bring Him glory, honour and praise. Blessed be God!

Further Study:

Ephesians 4:22-24
That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Colossians 3:8-10
But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. 3:9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

Philippians 4:8-9
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. 4:9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:Acts 7:54-8:1-82 Chronicles 31-32

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:Luke 2:8-20 Deuteronomy 16
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:54am On Jun 19, 2017
He Forms Himself In US - Monday. June 19th

Pastor Chris

Roll your works upon the Lord [commit and trust them wholly to Him; He will cause your thoughts to become agreeable to His will, and] so shall your plans be established and succeed (Proverbs 16:3 AMP).

The Lord Jesus is the Word of God made flesh Thus, the only way to receive Him in your life is by receiving God’s Word. When the Word gets into your heart, it imparts faith and effects changes. You become the express image of His person; God forms Himself in you through His Word. His words are His thoughts passed to your spirit. That’s what the Spirit explains through Paul in Ephesians 4:23 by telling us to be renewed in the spirit of our minds.

Romans 12:2 says, “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” The renewing of your mind is simply exchanging your thoughts for His thoughts.
You replace your opinions with His, and see from His perspective. In Christianity, we’re called to express God; His thoughts, opinions, will and His righteousness.

1 Peter 2:21 says, “For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps.” The Father wants us to be like Jesus; we were born with the same life, created in His image and in His likeness. He’s the unveiling of the Father; the express image of His person. He was God in the body of a Jewish man from Nazareth. If you express His thoughts, will, ideas, opinions, and righteousness, God also will be manifest in you.

This is what God wants. He not only wants you to have His life in you, He wants you to live it out. He doesn’t just want to be there potentially; He wants to be there in reality, walking, talking, blessing lives and manifesting His glory through you.

Confession...
I’m born anew with the life and nature of God . I walk , talk , think and act like Him . I have the mind of Christ , and I manifest His wisdom and glory in everything that I do . I think high thoughts : thoughts that are true , honest , just , pure, lovely and of good report . Glory to God !

Further Study : Romans 12:1-2 1 Corinthians 2:16

1 Year Bible Reading Plan : Acts 8:9-40, 2 Chronicles 33-34

2 Year Bible Reading Plan :Luke 2:21-3, Deuteronomy 17
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:26am On Jun 20, 2017
Prove the Word - Tuesday, June 20th.

Pastor Chris

…prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts… (Malachi 3:10).

God gave us His Word so we can live by it. The Word of God has the capacity and ability to take you through any situation in life victoriously. Isaiah 43:2 says, “When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.” However, you have a responsibility to prove the Word; to work out the Word in your life.

Too many Christians go through life struggling and suffering, when they ought to be living in the transcendental blessings that have been made available to us in Christ Jesus. The reason for this is either because they’re ignorant or just won’t put the Word to work. You hear of a Christian who was so sick until he died, and some would say, “Well, sickness comes to everybody.” No, that’s not true! Hosea 4:6 says, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge….” Ignorance is the bane of many.

It’s either we’re Christians in truth or we’re not. It’s either what we believe works or it doesn’t. If it doesn’t, what are we doing with it? If it works (and thank God it does), then let’s keep “working” it. Something you must do for yourself is to prove the Word of God in your own life. That way, you can neither be deceived nor miss your way in life. You have to know for yourself that the Gospel of Christ that you’ve believed is real.

God isn’t afraid to be put on the spot. Dare to take Him at His Word. He said in Malachi 3:10, “…prove me now herewith….” A lot of people don’t understand that their blessings aren’t in God’s hands, but it’s in their own hands, because Jesus already did everything needed for you to be superabundantly blessed. For example, the whole world has been saved by Jesus, because He died for everybody, but it’s only those who hear about it, believe it, accept and confess His Lordship, that receive salvation.

If you hear the Word and don’t act on it, it’ll not work, no matter how much that Word inspires you. You must take the next necessary step of acting accordingly for it to produce results in your life.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for the power of your Word and its ability to take me through life victoriously. I’m a doer of the Word of God! As I look into the Word, I’m transfigured into the realities that I see; pictures and visions of glory, success and excellence, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
James 1:22
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
:23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
:24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth [therein], he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

2 Corinthians 3:18
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, [even] as by the Spirit of the Lord.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1 Year Bible Reading Plan :Acts 9:1-31, 2 Chronicles 35-36

2 year Bible Reading Plan : Luke 2:33-40, Deuteronomy 18

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:19am On Jun 21, 2017
Use What you Have - Wednesday, June 21st
Pastor Chris

And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son (1 John 5:11).

In our wonderful, journey of faith, God expects us to have a life of continual victory and prosperity; and all that’s required is for you to use what you have.

“So, what do I have in me?” You might ask. If you’re born again, you have eternal life in you. Jesus said, “…He that believeth on me hath everlasting life” (John 6:47). Eternal life is the God-life, which is incorruptible. Use this life in you against the migraine headache, diabetes, or cancer that may be trying to find habitation in your body. Declare, “I refuse to accommodate any sickness, disease or pain in my body, because I have the life of God in me!”

Another thing you have is righteousness from the Lord. Philippians 3:9 says, “And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith.” When the devil tries to weaken your faith by making you feel unrighteous, you ought to say to him: “I’m the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus! Get out, in Jesus’ Name!”

If he tries to make you feel you have a problem loving others, declare, “...the love of God is shed abroad in my heart by the Holy Ghost which is given unto me” (Romans 5:5). This means you have love in your spirit. You’re a manifestation of the love of God. Love radiates through you. Think this way about yourself and speak and live accordingly.

It’s so important to know what you have in Christ, and the way to know is from the Word of God. Learn more about what you have in Christ and confess it.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for depositing within me your very life and nature. I walk in boldness and confidence, knowing that the incorruptible life within me can’t be defiled by sickness, disease, failure, death or the devil. I’m unblameable and unreproveable in your sight, because you love me and have made me your righteousness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
1 Corinthians 2:12-13
Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

1 Corinthians 3:21-23
Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours; 22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours; 23 And ye are Christ's; and Christ [is] God's.

1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Acts 9:32-43, Ezra 1-3

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 2:41-52, Deuteronomy 19
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:04am On Jun 22, 2017
There are good things in you - Thursday, June 22nd

Pastor Chris

That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus (Philemon 1:6).

For you to be effective in the communication of your faith, there has to be an acknowledgement of the good things in you. There’re no bad things in you. Some people don’t know this, so they’re always looking for something that’s wrong with them. They’re always talking themselves down, focusing always on their inabilities, disabilities, and frustrations. That’s not right! There are good things in you, and you’ve got to acknowledge them.

As a child of God, the very life of God is in you: “To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory” (Colossians 1:27). Christ is in you; He lives in your heart. Acknowledge it. Affirm that greater is He that’s in you than he that’s in the world. This means you’re not an ordinary person. You have the ability of God and excellence of the Spirit in you. You can reign in this life because you have the righteousness of God. You’re special!

Why is it so important to acknowledge the good things in you in Christ Jesus? It’s because they’re spiritual and are actualized or activated by acknowledgement. The Bible says, “They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course. I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes” (Psalm 82:5-7).

The above verses are very revealing. It shows why many live miserably and die like ordinary men, even though they’re gods and children of the Most High. They’ve never acknowledged who they are, what they have, their abilities and potentials in Christ Jesus; this has made their faith ineffective.

CONFESSION

As I meditate on God’s Word, my spirit is programmed for absolute mastery, success, and transcendental blessings. I’m blessed and highly favoured. The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places. I have a goodly heritage. Everything that belongs to me is glorious and wonderful. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:
Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them

Psalm 139:14-16
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully [and] wonderfully made: marvellous [are] thy works; and [that] my soul knoweth right well. 15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, [and] curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. 16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all [my members] were written, [which] in continuance were fashioned, when [as yet there was] none of them.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 10:1-23, Ezra 4-6

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 3:1-11, Deuteronomy 20
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:39am On Jun 24, 2017
Turn His Light on - Saturday, June 24th

Pastor Chris

Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee (Isaiah 60:1).

The Word of God is the light of life. Turn the light on, and you’ll see the unseen; you’ll see the realities of the spirit realm. Suddenly, you’ll discover that everything you thought was missing wasn’t missing. You’ll realize that you actually have in abundance everything you thought you never had. Once you turn the light of God on, never turn it off again. You’re called to walk in that light: in the light of His righteousness, His redemption, His justification, His wisdom, and His prosperity; you’re to walk in the light of the new creation.

Sometimes, when studying or listening to God’s Word, you seem to leave this world. The things of this life: the pains, the darkness, the disappointments, and the crises of life just seem to fade away. Don’t think it’s just a mirage; you’ve been transported of the Holy Ghost to the true realm of life. Don’t say, “Well, as I listened to the Word during the service, I thought I was in heaven, but now I’m back to reality.” Returning to reality in this sense would mean going back into darkness. Hold on to what you’ve received. Say, “The glory that I saw in the Word is the real thing. I hold on to it.” Glory to God!

Do you want to see who you really are and what you have? Turn the light of God on. There’s a lot you’ll never see if you’re using the light of the sun or earthly electricity. The light of God—the true light—shows you that you’re in divine health; it shows you the perfect will of God, and all that you are in Him. See yourself the way God sees you: an heir of God, and a joint-heir with Christ!

Confession...
The Word of God is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. As I see with the light of the Word, I see myself as the royalty that I am, victorious, prosperous, healthy, wise, and strong, and I walk in the light of this truth.

Further Study:
2 Corinthians 4:6
For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to [give] the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

John 8:12
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 11:1-18, Ezra 9-10

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 3:23-38, Deuteronomy 22

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:30am On Jun 25, 2017
The Efficacy of His Word - Sunday, June 25th

Pastor Chris

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword... (Hebrews 4:12).

Our opening verse describes the efficacy of God’s Word. God’s Word is active, operative, energizing and effective. However, someone could render the Word ineffective in his own life through unbelief and lack of response. For example, Jesus chided the Pharisees for making the Word of God of non-effect because of their traditions (Mark 7:13).

Many today short-circuit the power of the Word in them, mainly because they don’t know how to respond to the Word to make it effectual in their lives. God gave us His Word so we could respond to it accordingly. He wants us to believe and live His Word. Your response to the Word is the vocalization of your faith, on the basis of the Word of God as stated in Hebrews 13:5-6: “...He hath said…so that we may boldly say….”

Maybe there’s a health condition you wish to change; what has God said about it in His Word? Romans 8:11 says, “But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you” (NKJV). Respond by boldly declaring: “My body is vitalized by the Spirit of God who lives in me. Therefore, I refuse to accommodate sickness in my body. I’m vitalised through and through by the Holy Spirit.”

Perhaps you’ve been experiencing financial difficulties; God has said He’s “…able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work” (2 Corinthians 9:cool. Your response, therefore, should be, “I’m financially buoyant, because God’s grace is at work in me for financial abundance; I have more than enough. I have wisdom for financial intelligence and wealth multiplication.”

Whatever predicament you seem to be facing right now, your only recourse should be the Word of God. The Word of God is faithful and true! Search the Scriptures for information or instruction that covers that situation and put it to work; you’ll surely have a testimony. God’s Word is dependable; trust it and use it!

Prayer...
The Word of faith that changes things is in my heart and in my mouth, it’s sharper than any two-edged sword; therefore, the situations and circumstances of life conform to God’s destiny for me; my success is guaranteed and unstoppable because I live in the Word. Hallelujah!

Further Study :
Hebrews 4:12 AMP
For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power [making it active, operative, energizing, and effective]; it is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the breath of life (soul) and [the immortal] spirit, and of joints and marrow [of the deepest parts of our nature], exposing and sifting and analyzing and judging the very thoughts and purposes of the heart.

Isaiah 55:10-11
For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: 11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper [in the thing] whereto I sent it.

DAILY Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Acts 11:19-30, Nehemiah 1-3

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Luke 4:1-13, Deuteronomy 23
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:50am On Jun 26, 2017
Live Supernaturally - Monday, June 26th
Pastor Chris

But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19).

The Lord Jesus, when He walked the earth, lived by supernatural principles. He lived without a sense of lack or need and was always in charge of situations and circumstances. For example, when He fed the five thousand with five loaves of bread and two fishes, He took the loaves and fishes and blessed them (Matthew 14:17-20). The Greek word used for “blessed” is “eulogeo?,” meaning that He invoked the ability to prosper into the bread and the fishes; it was an invocation of power for the bread and the fishes to multiply.

As Christians, we’re to follow the example of the Lord and live in this world by supernatural principles. The Apostle Paul, in our opening verse, says, “…my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” You’d notice, he didn’t say, “Our God will supply all our need”; rather, he said, “My God shall supply all your need.” He excluded himself. Why? He was talking to spiritual babes or sense-ruled believers. Talking about himself earlier, in the thirteenth verse of the same chapter, he said, “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” He didn’t say “we can” but “I can do all things…”; he had no sense of lack or need. What a mentality!

You may be a church pastor, for instance, and may find yourself in a situation where you’re looking at men because you need money for some projects in the house of God; begin to think differently. Whatever may be the need, have a different mentality. Understand, first and foremost, that the Church of Jesus Christ is a spiritual, supernatural body; therefore, whatever need there is must be met supernaturally.

It makes no difference how much you collect in the offering; you can do what Jesus did! We’ve got the power to invoke the Spirit of God into the offerings; into whatever has been brought to the house of God for God’s use. You say, “In the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I invoke into these offerings the power to increase; I command you to multiply in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, for the things that we need to do. You’ll be more than enough in Jesus’ Name.”

The same thing goes for you as an individual; learn to invoke the blessings of increase on your finances and you’ll be amazed at the supernatural results that’ll follow.

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, thank you for enriching my life with your precious Word and for enabling me with the ability to meet my needs supernaturally and be totally independent of man and circumstances. I experience supernatural increase in every area of my life as I put your Word to work, in Jesus Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Philippians 4:11
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, [therewith] to be content.
:12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Psalm 23:1
The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want.
:2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
:3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
:5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1 year Bible Reading Plan :Acts 12, Nehemiah 4-6

2 year Bible Reading Plan :Luke 4:14-32, Deuteronomy 24
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:04am On Jun 27, 2017
Love so Real - Tuesday, June 27th

Pastor Chris

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not (1 John 3:1).

The parable of the prodigal son in Luke 15:11-32 reveals the Father’s unconditional and unfailing love for us; love so real, so intense, and so sublime. In that story, after living a riotous and profligate life, the prodigal son suddenly came to himself and decided to go back to his father (Luke 15:17-18).

As soon as his father saw him from afar, he ran to him and embraced him. The first thing he told his father was, “Forgive me,” and his father did! This describes the love nature of our heavenly Father towards us. Once you repent, He’s quick to forgive you because He’s gracious, loving, and kind.

When a believer who has strayed from the truth returns to God, He receives him gladly and establishes him in the right path. He’s never mad at His kids. He loves us unconditionally. He’s lavished His love on us. That’s what we read in our opening verse. He’s accepted us as His beloved children. We’re sons of God NOW! The Father loves you as much as He loves Jesus.

You’re secured in the Father’s love; take advantage of His everlasting love for you. He loves you as though you were the only one on earth! The Bible says, “Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins” (1 John 4:10). God demonstrated His boundless love for us, even while we were yet in sin. Have faith in that love, for it’s unlimited, untainted, and unfeigned.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your love and kindness, and your beauty in my life. I thank you for blessing me with all things, and causing my life to blossom exceedingly. I’m secure in your love, and rejoice gloriously in the warmth and glory of your embrace, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:Acts 13:1-12, Nehemiah 7-8

2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:Luke 4:33-44, Deuteronomy 25
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:38am On Jun 28, 2017
You Dwell in Him - Wednesday, June 28th..

Pastor Chris

For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring (Acts 17:28).

When you were born again, you were born into the environment called “Christ”; you dwell in Him.The Bible says, “…if any man be in Christ...” (2 Corinthians 5:17). Christ is a place, and He’s also a person. He’s your home. In Him, you’re at rest and at peace! You’re safe, secure, and fulfilled; your joy and satisfaction overflow. What a place to be!

Ephesians 2:6 tells us that God has made us sit together in heavenly places, “in Christ”; that’s your environment; an environment of glory. It brings to mind the account of the Israelites, as they journeyed in the wilderness for forty years. The heat didn’t scorch them by day, neither did they freeze to death in the biting cold at night, because they were in the glory cloud. Exodus 13:21-22 says, “...the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night: He took not a way the pillar of the cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people.”

The Holy Spirit made this possible for them, and He does the same for us today. You were born into God’s spiritual cloud when you were born again; you were immersed into Christ; you live there now. Your life is hid with Christ in God (Colossians 3:3). Christ is your security, your defence, and your fortress. It makes no difference who or what may come against you, refuse to fear. You dwell in the secret place of the Most High, where you’re untouchable. No evil can befall you!

Psalm 91:7 says, “A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.” You’re divinely protected and preserved from trouble, defeat, failure, and death, because you’re in Him.“Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day” (Psalm 91:5).

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for bringing me into the environment of glory and success in Christ! I’m at home in Him; He’s my wisdom, righteousness and strength! He’s my life; in Him I live, and move and have my being. Hallelujah!

Further Study :

1 Corinthians 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Acts 17:28
For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Colossians 1:26-27
Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

1 Year Bible Reading Plan :Acts 13:13-52 Nehemiah 9-10

2 Year Bible Reading Plan :Luke 5:1-11 Deuteronomy 26

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 280
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.