Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Apapa Riot, Lagos Commissioner Of Police Visits Scene (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apapa Riot, Lagos Commissioner Of Police Visits Scene (Photos) (20229 Views)

Ugwuanyi Visits Scene Of IPOB’s Clash With Security Agencies / Sanwo-olu Visits Scene Of Abule Ado Explosions, Orders Investigation / Osinbajo Visits Scene Of Building Collapse In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apapa Riot, Lagos Commissioner Of Police Visits Scene (Photos) by MaziOmenuko: 10:14am On Jul 20, 2017
felicitywe:

Very bad to shoot one but why would d truck driver park in front of banks.Also why was d policeman not on ground to tell d driver to move his truck when he was parking it?We v watched films where a lot happen.This is Nigeria and eye d red.

Please, the roads in front of Banks do not belong to the banks, it belongs to the government so Banks should stop these useless policies. If you have been to that area of Apapa, you will understand why these trucks need where to park. Our ports are not well organized and controlled so the bank should stop acting like its an Ikoyi branch. If it can't operate within the madness of the apapa ports, it should have remained in Ikoyi and Lekki branches and not come down to apapa to open branches.

And...yes, these truck driver play an important economic role in our society. If they decide to embark in strike, you wont see fuel anywhere to buy.

7 Likes

Re: Apapa Riot, Lagos Commissioner Of Police Visits Scene (Photos) by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 20, 2017
Buh why na, this is sardonic cry
Re: Apapa Riot, Lagos Commissioner Of Police Visits Scene (Photos) by otijah(m): 10:17am On Jul 20, 2017
if they don't bring justice to the killer then I another Riot would emerge
Re: Apapa Riot, Lagos Commissioner Of Police Visits Scene (Photos) by TinaAnita(f): 10:24am On Jul 20, 2017
This is one reason I'm allergic to the Nigeria police. I wish the mob had succeeded in meting out jungle justice to the useless policeman who pulled the trigger.

RIP to the innocent soul

2 Likes

Re: Apapa Riot, Lagos Commissioner Of Police Visits Scene (Photos) by emi14: 10:25am On Jul 20, 2017
eluquenson:
The commissioner of Police and the DPO are both graduates, that makes the difference between a rank and file pry school leaver and a graduate.

Nigeria need to address the issues bordering the recruitment of rank and files.

We have millions of graduate out there seeking for job.
what have being graduate got to do with the stupidity and frustration that prompted the police officer in killing a grown man possibly with family and the commissioner's wisdom in addressing the situation? Do you need degrees to understand the meaning of life? Everything do not end in certificates. University Degrees is just a stepping stone to better life.

3 Likes

Re: Apapa Riot, Lagos Commissioner Of Police Visits Scene (Photos) by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 20, 2017
What happens to the killer cop? I am sure this case wasn't only about parking wrongly, the policeman must have been trying to extort the driver.

1 Like

Re: Apapa Riot, Lagos Commissioner Of Police Visits Scene (Photos) by Revolva(m): 10:31am On Jul 20, 2017
Apapa is so blocked with trucks..i de taya for my area Apapa

thank jah i no go Apapa area yesterday ....i for no get rest of mind...with this useless riot...shame to all of them
Re: Apapa Riot, Lagos Commissioner Of Police Visits Scene (Photos) by YelloweWest: 10:32am On Jul 20, 2017
Dedetwo:
Until the citizens are allowed to own and carry gun, this irresponsible police brutality will not stop.
In America citizens are allowed to own guns yet police still use them for target practice. Eg Australian unarmed woman in her pj's shots to death some days ago.

More guns is not the answer

2 Likes

Re: Apapa Riot, Lagos Commissioner Of Police Visits Scene (Photos) by Pringlez: 10:33am On Jul 20, 2017
sultaan:
I am guessing the killer policeman is not Yoruba, or a different ethnic group from the driver.

A breakdown in communication and lack of respect for lives of those you see as inferior leads to such deadly end

My thoughts exactly!! God bless you!!
Re: Apapa Riot, Lagos Commissioner Of Police Visits Scene (Photos) by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 20, 2017
So, the punishment for parking infront of a bank is to shoot the friend of the driver who just wanted to get his phone from the vehicle? Good logic. undecided

felicitywe:

Very bad to shoot one but why would d truck driver park in front of banks.Also why was d policeman not on ground to tell d driver to move his truck when he was parking it?We v watched films where a lot happen.This is Nigeria and eye d red.

1 Like

Re: Apapa Riot, Lagos Commissioner Of Police Visits Scene (Photos) by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 20, 2017
otokx:

Some citizens are worse than that brutal policeman.
a policeman is supposed to protect the citizens from such citizens shocked
Re: Apapa Riot, Lagos Commissioner Of Police Visits Scene (Photos) by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 20, 2017
NubiLove:
What happens to the killer cop? I am sure this case wasn't only about parking wrongly, the policeman must have been trying to extort the driver.
exactly, but the dead man can't talk anymore. Perhaps the police man thought he was lieing to avoid extortion.
Re: Apapa Riot, Lagos Commissioner Of Police Visits Scene (Photos) by jaymichael(m): 11:25am On Jul 20, 2017
The traffic problem within the Apapa axis is compounded by the technical glitches being experienced by the APmoller Maersk group. and the bad roads made worse by rainy season. We have been having congestion issues in Apapa and the port for a very long time but I cannot recall it being this bad. A lot of concerted efforts are being employed to ease the situation.
Re: Apapa Riot, Lagos Commissioner Of Police Visits Scene (Photos) by ollins(m): 12:00pm On Jul 20, 2017
eluquenson:
The commissioner of Police and the DPO are both graduates, that makes the difference between a rank and file pry school leaver and a graduate.

my brother how i wish that would stop extortion but trust me it wont
Re: Apapa Riot, Lagos Commissioner Of Police Visits Scene (Photos) by Okoroawusa: 12:33pm On Jul 20, 2017
state police to the rescue.
Re: Apapa Riot, Lagos Commissioner Of Police Visits Scene (Photos) by onyegwu(m): 12:44pm On Jul 20, 2017
emi14:
what have being graduate got to do with the stupidity and frustration that prompted the police officer in killing a grown man possibly with family and the commissioner's wisdom in addressing the situation? Do you need degrees to understand the meaning of life? Everything do not end in certificates. University Degrees is just a stepping stone to better life.
My dear been a graduate has a lot to do OK! What being a graduate does to u is that it refines you. It sets ur thought process. It makes u behave very well especially in public places in order not to allow people say look at him he says he is a graduate but look at what he is doing. U can see the way people are commending the commissioner and DPO that's what been a graduate can do for u. Being a graduate helps differentiate ur self from the crowd. That's y when u go to eateries u see people behaving well even without been told. If u are not a graduate is fine but don't underestimate the power of being a graduate it helps to create sane society. It helps to build ur character and behaviour. I bet u if we have more graduates in the low ranks of our police force these issues with police guys shooting at will, will reduce drastically. We are not talking about certificate here we are talking about the grooming and building of character. Intact in every certificate u see a graduate is holding it is written there that "The Senate of the said school have found u worthy in both character and in learning to offer u this certificate". So that's what being a graduate represent, character!! I am not saying every graduate is hundred percent OK but on a pass mark most graduates are living up to it.

1 Like

Re: Apapa Riot, Lagos Commissioner Of Police Visits Scene (Photos) by onyegwu(m): 12:48pm On Jul 20, 2017
emi14:
My dear being a graduate has a lot to do OK! What being a graduate does to u is that it refines you. It sets ur thought process. It makes u behave very well especially in public places in order not to allow people say look at him he says he is a graduate but look at what he is doing. U can see the way people are commending the commissioner and DPO that's what been a graduate can do for u. Being a graduate helps differentiate ur self from the crowd. That's y when u go to eateries u see people behaving well even without been told compared to what u obtain in a buka. If u are not a graduate is fine but don't underestimate the power of being a graduate it helps to create sane society. It helps to build ur character and behaviour. I bet u if we have more graduates in the low ranks of our police force these issues with police guys shooting at will, will reduce drastically. We are not talking about certificate here we are talking about the grooming and building of character. Intact in every certificate u see a graduate is holding it is written there that "The Senate of the said school have found u worthy in both character and in learning to offer u this certificate". So that's what being a graduate represent, character!! I am not saying every graduate is hundred percent OK but on a pass mark most graduates are living up to it.
Re: Apapa Riot, Lagos Commissioner Of Police Visits Scene (Photos) by win3k: 12:54pm On Jul 20, 2017
eluquenson:

Rubbish,
Many Nigerians (graduates and non graduates) lack commonsense!
Commonsense is better than formal education and degree!
Re: Apapa Riot, Lagos Commissioner Of Police Visits Scene (Photos) by eluquenson(m): 12:58pm On Jul 20, 2017
emi14:
Statistics and what we hear everyday shows rank and file are the officers causing issues here and there.
Re: Apapa Riot, Lagos Commissioner Of Police Visits Scene (Photos) by Vanityupnvanity(m): 1:17pm On Jul 20, 2017
did they carry money in the bank
Re: Apapa Riot, Lagos Commissioner Of Police Visits Scene (Photos) by andyanders: 1:45pm On Jul 20, 2017
eluquenson:

Most these guys recruited to the Nigerian Police force are street criminals. Only few has credible records. In this part of the world, no proper background screening are been carried on those to be recruited to the police force. They were told to get recommendation from their local government and as Nigerians, they go there and pay to obtain recommendation.

We can only get fine police officers when they are ONLY been recruited from the Universities after doing a real background record check on their persons, then we start having intelligent officers like Abah Kyari that investigated and arrested Evans.

Let The Nigerian Police stop recruiting officers from the street. If only graduates are been recruited from the Universities, trained and now integrate them into the system.

Corruption is just the problem when recruiting people to the government law enforcement agencies.
Re: Apapa Riot, Lagos Commissioner Of Police Visits Scene (Photos) by poposki33: 3:15pm On Jul 20, 2017
We need a positive social orientation in this country
With all this rioting this people was still not able to capture thee mopol
Who will restore all this private companies financially and back to normalcy
Why can't the go and vent their anger on the Barack
Re: Apapa Riot, Lagos Commissioner Of Police Visits Scene (Photos) by emi14: 5:13pm On Jul 20, 2017
onyegwu:
My dear being a graduate has a lot to do OK! What being a graduate does to u is that it refines you. It sets ur thought process. It makes u behave very well especially in public places in order not to allow people say look at him he says he is a graduate but look at what he is doing. U can see the way people are commending the commissioner and DPO that's what been a graduate can do for u. Being a graduate helps differentiate ur self from the crowd. That's y when u go to eateries u see people behaving well even without been told compared to what u obtain in a buka. If u are not a graduate is fine but don't underestimate the power of being a graduate it helps to create sane society. It helps to build ur character and behaviour. I bet u if we have more graduates in the low ranks of our police force these issues with police guys shooting at will, will reduce drastically. We are not talking about certificate here we are talking about the grooming and building of character. Intact in every certificate u see a graduate is holding it is written there that "The Senate of the said school have found u worthy in both character and in learning to offer u this certificate". So that's what being a graduate represent, character!! I am not saying every graduate is hundred percent OK but on a pass mark most graduates are living up to it.
nonsense
Re: Apapa Riot, Lagos Commissioner Of Police Visits Scene (Photos) by onyegwu(m): 9:41pm On Jul 20, 2017
win3k:

Rubbish,
Many Nigerians (graduates and non graduates) lack commonsense!
Commonsense is better than formal education and degree!
Lies !! if u can be truthful to ur self can u compare the number of people with degrees who are not activating there common sense with those without degrees? I know the ratio would be very negligible only if u would say the truth. Formal education helps to refine an individual and it helps to quickly activate ur common sense take it or leave it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Was Adeosun Not Placed On Watchlist? Fayose Asks / Lagos Releases White Paper On EndSARS Panel Report, Dismisses Killing / Sanwo-Olu Commissions SAIL Innovation Lab In Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.