Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Can Someone Explain These Quranic Verses To Me. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Someone Explain These Quranic Verses To Me. (2333 Views)

Seyi Makinde's N48bn Assets: Explain Source Of Your Wealth - APC Tells Governor / 20 Bible Verses To Cancel Bad Dreams Or Evil Dreams / El-Rufai Explains Why He Cursed Shehu Sani, Kaduna Senators With Quranic Verses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Explain These Quranic Verses To Me. by sunnyb0b0(m): 10:12pm On Jul 19, 2017
Can any good and woke Muslim please explain these verses from the Quran to me.

cc mynd1

Quran (9:5) "But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them.

Quran (8:38-39) - “Say to those who have disbelieved, if they cease (from disbelief) their past will be forgiven... And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allah) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allah Alone [in the whole of the world ]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allah), then certainly, Allah is All-Seer of what they do.”

Quran (9:29) - "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

Any help please?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Can Someone Explain These Quranic Verses To Me. by ellagabs(f): 10:17pm On Jul 19, 2017
OP, no start wetin u no go fit finish.

such tins r sensitiv u kn...
Re: Can Someone Explain These Quranic Verses To Me. by IJOBA2: 10:18pm On Jul 19, 2017
CC ALHAJ TOLEXANDER MYND1 IMAN MACLATUNJI JIHADI MADRIDGIY

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain These Quranic Verses To Me. by sunnyb0b0(m): 10:19pm On Jul 19, 2017
ellagabs:

I just want to be educated on these things, how is that being insensitive?

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain These Quranic Verses To Me. by skyoboy(m): 11:03pm On Jul 19, 2017
I now understand why these people always turn little quarrel to religious war.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain These Quranic Verses To Me. by Nickizoe(f): 11:26pm On Jul 19, 2017
Religion of PEACE Indeed.. sad sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain These Quranic Verses To Me. by sunnyb0b0(m): 11:28pm On Jul 19, 2017
skyoboy:
I now understand why these people always turn little quarrel to religion war. :'
Nickizoe:
Religion of PEACE Indeed.. sad sad sad

Please, no religious bashing here, I just want to learn.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain These Quranic Verses To Me. by ZKOSOSO(m): 11:28pm On Jul 19, 2017
The Call to JIHAD.

The Islamic Evangelism.

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain These Quranic Verses To Me. by IJOBA2: 11:48pm On Jul 19, 2017
ellagabs:

HOW IS IT SENSITIVE

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain These Quranic Verses To Me. by limeta(f): 1:37am On Jul 20, 2017
Op it means kill kill kill anybody or thing.

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain These Quranic Verses To Me. by Nobody: 1:56am On Jul 20, 2017
No answer?
Re: Can Someone Explain These Quranic Verses To Me. by Terkimbi01: 2:35am On Jul 20, 2017
OP, are you a learner? Islam is a violent political conquest from Saudi Arabia.
it is unfortunate that many Africans are deceived.

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain These Quranic Verses To Me. by Nobody: 5:38am On Jul 20, 2017
It is true that the earliest crusaders seem to have pursued a policy – not unlike what we now call ethnic cleansing – by which
non-Christians were driven, by terror if need be, from places considered to be of religious or strategic significance' Christian Violence and the Crusades[/b]https://link.springer.com/book/10.1057/9781403913821

Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.'" [b]1 Samuel 15:3

see JESUS WARS: HOW FOUR PATRIARCHS, THREE QUEENS, AND TWO EMPERORS DECIDED WHAT CHRISTIANS WOULD BELIEVE FOR THE NEXT 1,500 YEARS

More disturbing is the revelation from Michael Weinstein of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation that commanders have referred to weapons with the sights as "spiritually transformed firearm[s] of Jesus Christ."
http://bilerico.lgbtqnation.com/2010/01/unholy_crusade_more_on_those_bible_verses_on_our_m.php
Seek knowledge as far as China.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain These Quranic Verses To Me. by sunnyb0b0(m): 5:48am On Jul 20, 2017
TheCabal:

see JESUS WARS: HOW FOUR PATRIARCHS, THREE QUEENS, AND TWO EMPERORS DECIDED WHAT CHRISTIANS WOULD BELIEVE FOR THE NEXT 1,500 YEARS

This thread is specific and what you posted above isn't in tandem with my request here. You can open another thread to address your interest.

Thank you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Explain These Quranic Verses To Me. by Nobody: 6:06am On Jul 20, 2017
It is true that the earliest crusaders seem to have pursued a policy – not unlike what we now call ethnic cleansing – by which
non-Christians were driven, by terror if need be, from places considered to be of religious or strategic significance' Christian Violence and the Crusades[/b]https://link.springer.com/book/10.1057/9781403913821

Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.'" [b]1 Samuel 15:3

More disturbing is the revelation from Michael Weinstein of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation that commanders have referred to weapons with the sights as "spiritually transformed firearm[s] of Jesus Christ."
http://bilerico.lgbtqnation.com/2010/01/unholy_crusade_more_on_those_bible_verses_on_our_m.php
Re: Can Someone Explain These Quranic Verses To Me. by Alennsar(f): 6:50am On Jul 20, 2017
who were the disbelievers in this verse? The
answer is the Makkan pagans who oppressed the
young community of muslims under Muhammad
[sa] for 13 years. The oppression was so much on
the friends and families and clan of the prophet
[sa] in so many ways that so many muslis were
tortured, a male and female died [RA], the
community was banished from the general
population that at the end of 13 years of these,
Hijra to Madina was the logical option if they
were to stabilize and know peace. When they
arrived in Madina, the Makkans who kept the
properties of the muslims did not leave them
alone. The second year in Madina, God Almighty
gave the order to fight back. This is one of the
verses concerning the permission in Surah
Taubah. You as a human know that there is a
need to preserve your life by preventing anyone to
taking it from you.
but can you also explain this for me Jesus said
Luke 19:27 (KJV) But those mine
enemies, which would not that I should
reign over them, bring hither, and before Psalm 14:1–3 “The fool hath said in his
heart, There is no God. They are corrupt,
they have done abominable works, there
is none that doeth good. The Lord looked
down from heaven upon the children of
men, to see if there were any that did
understand, and seek God. They are all
gone aside, they are all together become
filthy: there is none that doeth good, no,
not one.”
Matthew 10:34–37 “Think not that I am
come to send peace on earth: I came not
to send peace, but a sword. For I am
come to set a man at variance against his
father, and the daughter against her
mother, and the daughter in law against
her mother in law. And a man’s foes
shall be they of his own household. He
that loveth father or mother more than
me is not worthy of me: and he that
loveth son or daughter more than me is
not worthy of me.”
Luke 14:26 “If any man come to me, and
hate not his father, and mother, and
wife, and children, and brethren, and
sisters, yea, and his own life also, he
cannot be my disciple.”
Psalm 137:9 “Happy shall he be, that
taketh and dasheth thy little ones against
the stones.”
John 15:6 “If a man abide not in me, he is
cast forth as a branch, and is withered;
and men gather them, and cast them into
the fire, and they are burned.”
2 Chronicles 15:13 “That whosoever would
not seek the Lord God of Israel should be
put to death, whether small or great,
whether man or woman.”
Deuteronomy 13:12–16 “If thou shalt hear
say in one of thy cities, which the Lord
thy God hath given thee to dwell there,
saying, Certain men, the children of
Belial, are gone out from among you,
and have withdrawn the inhabitants of
their city, saying, Let us go and serve
other gods, which ye have not known;
Then shalt thou enquire, and make
search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if
it be truth, and the thing certain, that
such abomination is wrought among you;
Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants
of that city with the edge of the sword,
destroying it utterly, and all that is
therein, and the cattle thereof, with the
edge of the sword.”

4 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain These Quranic Verses To Me. by naijabetboy: 6:51am On Jul 20, 2017
Dear OP, please do not pick a verse of the Quran and isolat it from the verses that comes before and after it. You would be quoting out of context. Please find below Quran 9 Vs 1 - 11

9:1 [This is a declaration of] disassociation, from Allah and His Messenger, to those with whom you had made a treaty among the polytheists.
9:2 So travel freely, [O disbelievers], throughout the land [during] four months but know that you cannot cause failure to Allah and that Allah will disgrace the disbelievers.
9:3 And [it is] an announcement from Allah and His Messenger to the people on the day of the greater pilgrimage that Allah is disassociated from the disbelievers, and [so is] His Messenger. So if you repent, that is best for you; but if you turn away – then know that you will not cause failure to Allah . And give tidings to those who disbelieve of a painful punishment.
9:4 Excepted are those with whom you made a treaty among the polytheists and then they have not been deficient toward you in anything or supported anyone against you; so complete for them their treaty until their term [has ended]. Indeed, Allah loves the righteous [who fear Him].
9:5 And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.
9:6 And if any one of the polytheists seeks your protection, then grant him protection so that he may hear the words of Allah. Then deliver him to his place of safety. That is because they are a people who do not know.
9:7 How can there be for the polytheists a treaty in the sight of Allah and with His Messenger, except for those with whom you made a treaty at al-Masjid al-Haram? So as long as they are upright toward you, be upright toward them. Indeed, Allah loves the righteous [who fear Him].
9:8 How [can there be a treaty] while, if they gain dominance over you, they do not observe concerning you any pact of kinship or covenant of protection? They satisfy you with their mouths, but their hearts refuse [compliance], and most of them are defiantly disobedient.
9:9 They have exchanged the signs of Allah for a small price and averted [people] from His way. Indeed, it was evil that they were doing.
9:10 They do not observe toward a believer any pact of kinship or covenant of protection. And it is they who are the transgressors.
9:11 But if they repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, then they are your brothers in religion; and We detail the verses for a people who know.
9:12 And if they break their oaths after their treaty and defame your religion, then fight the leaders of disbelief, for indeed, there are no oaths [sacred] to them; [fight them that] they might cease.
9:13 Would you not fight a people who broke their oaths and determined to expel the Messenger, and they had begun the attack upon you the first time? Do you fear them? But Allah has more right that you should fear Him, if you are [truly] believers.
9:14 Fight them; Allah will punish them by your hands and will disgrace them and give you victory over them and satisfy the breasts of a believing people.

When we read from verse 1, it states that there was a treaty which the Pagan Arabs broke. Thus, Allah in the Quran says, that HE gave them four months. Verse 9:4 states that Allah will punish those who broke the treaty, this verse is only aimed at those who broke the treaty, it did not affect those who abided by the treaty. When we read the passage (9:5), it is evident, it’s talking about a war with the pagan Arabs. This was a historical event that happened in the lifetime of Prophet Muhammad (p). Furthermore, verse 9:13 provides proof that it was the pagans who started this war.

Factors of breakers of the treaty ”Will you not fight people who
A) broke their oaths
B) determined to expel the Messenger
C) attacked you first
Do you fear them? But God has more right that you should fear him, if you are believers Surah 9:13

5 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain These Quranic Verses To Me. by femi4: 6:54am On Jul 20, 2017
ellagabs:

tell us more

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain These Quranic Verses To Me. by Alennsar(f): 6:56am On Jul 20, 2017
Luke 19:27 King James Version (KJV) But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
Re: Can Someone Explain These Quranic Verses To Me. by Alennsar(f): 6:56am On Jul 20, 2017
Luke 19:27 King James Version (KJV) But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
Re: Can Someone Explain These Quranic Verses To Me. by Alennsar(f): 7:00am On Jul 20, 2017
Jesus saide in bible New International Version But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'" New Living Translation And as for these enemies of mine who didn't want me to be their king--bring them in and execute them right here in front of me.'" English Standard Version But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’” Berean Study Bible And these enemies of mine who were unwilling for me to rule over them, bring them here and slay them in front of me.'" Berean Literal Bible Furthermore, these enemies of mine, those not having been willing for me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them before me.'" New American Standard Bible "But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence."
Re: Can Someone Explain These Quranic Verses To Me. by femi4: 7:01am On Jul 20, 2017
Alennsar:
taking it from you.
reign over them, bring hither, and before Psalm 14:1–3 “The fool hath said in his
not one.”
not worthy of me.”
cannot be my disciple.”
the stones.”
the fire, and they are burned
.”
whether man or woman.”
edge of the sword.”

The quotes there from Jesus are parables, he uses parables more than any prophets...

E.g If your hand will make you sin, cut it. Do you think he's referring to your physical hand

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Explain These Quranic Verses To Me. by val15: 7:05am On Jul 20, 2017
O
Re: Can Someone Explain These Quranic Verses To Me. by SporaD8: 7:09am On Jul 20, 2017
Alennsar:
Luke 19:27 King James Version (KJV)
But those mine enemies, which would not
that I should reign over them, bring hither,
and slay them before me.
You are being juvenile. The verse you quote is a quotation(Jesus narrated a story).
Now to the op, those particular verse was given to the prophet during the time of war - same as it happened in old testament in Joshua and Judges time.
The problem is when terrorist quote it in modern time to suit their evil plot. The verse was only meant for people of that time.

4 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain These Quranic Verses To Me. by sunnyb0b0(m): 7:28am On Jul 20, 2017
SporaD8:

You are being juvenile. The verse you quote is a quotation(Jesus narrated a story).
Now to the op, those particular verse was given to the prophet during the time of war - same as it happened in old testament in Joshua and Judges time.
The problem is when terrorist quote it in modern time to suit their evil plot. The verse was only meant for people of that time.

Sounds reasonable.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain These Quranic Verses To Me. by chimeee: 7:37am On Jul 20, 2017
not worthy of me.”

sword is his word and his word is the truth, for u to live a truthful life ,u will step on tolls of many even ur close relatives, u always expected to tell the truth no matter who's odd it guth

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain These Quranic Verses To Me. by dawahlarry: 7:38am On Jul 20, 2017
sunnyb0b0:
Can any good and woke Muslim please explain these verses from the Quran to me.

cc mynd1

Quran (9:5) "But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them.

Quran (8:38-39) - “Say to those who have disbelieved, if they cease (from disbelief) their past will be forgiven... And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allah) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allah Alone [in the whole of the world ]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allah), then certainly, Allah is All-Seer of what they do.”

Quran (9:29) - "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

Any help please?

BismilLaahir Rahmaanir Raheem.
Misquotation – Verse 9:5.
The next phrase that is frequently misquoted is quite similar – “slay those pagans wherever you find them”, but again the slightest familiarity with the historical and contextual context would immediately dispel this misquotation. The verse immediately before speaks of upholding peaceful agreements with those who are at peace and never supported enemy warriors against the Muslims – so who is verse 9:5 in reference to? Qur’anic exegetes al-Baydawi (d.685H) and al-Alusi (d.1270H) explain that it refers to those pagan arabs who violated their peace treaties by waging war against the Muslims (nakitheen), and thus Abu Bakr al-Jassas (d.370H) notes that these verses are particular to the Arab polytheists and do not apply to anyone else. These comments are substantiated by what the Qur’an itself says. Verse 13 of the same chapter states, “Will you not fight against those who violated their peace treaties, plotted the expulsion of the messenger, and initiated the fighting against you?” and verse 36 states, “and fight the pagans collectively who wage war against you collectively.” The textual context is abundantly clear that verse 9:5 is not a random instruction out of the blue but relates to the pagan tribes of Arabia, who were in a state of war with the Muslims. Therefore, to interpret the passage in any other way is to contradict the very text of the Qur’an.
Moreover, what is fascinating is that the very next verse (9:6) states that if any enemy warrior suddenly demands protection, one is religiously OBLIGATED to provide that individual with protection, explain the message of Islam to him, and if he refuses to accept, escort him to a place of security. This instruction to protect and escort enemy combatants to a safe haven makes it blatantly obvious that this passage in no way, shape or form, can be construed as violent. May Allah keep guiding us from any satanic influences and guide the misguided to Islam. Aameen.

Misquotation – Verse 8:60.
Another favourite text non Muslims misquote is the passage that states, “Prepare against them all you can of power and steeds of war..” but again, the very next verse reads, “If they incline towards peace, then incline towards peace as well” – hardly a violent passage!
Moreover, one must again ask who is being referred to in this citation? The historical context clearly places these verses again in reference to the ongoing war between the Muslims and the enemy forces of the Quraysh of Makkah and their tribal allies. This chapter was revealed in reference to the Battle of Badr which took place between the Muslims who sought refuge in Madinah and the Quraysh who had persecuted them and driven them out of their homes in Makkah. The same chapter describes the pervasive warfare in Arabia and lack of security suffered by the early oppressed Muslim community. “And remember when you were few and oppressed in the land, fearing that people might abduct you, but He sheltered you, supported you with His victory, and provided you with good things – that you might be grateful.” (8:26).
Note also that sometimes Islamophobic bigots cite verse 8:12 from this same chapter “strike above their necks”, somehow completely missing the fact that the verse describes what God said to the angels during the battle of Badr. The first half of the verse reads, “When your Lord inspired the angels, ‘Verily, I am with you, so strengthen the believers…’”. To take a description of God’s inspiration to angels during a historical battle against the Quraysh oppressors and somehow distort that into a generic command for Muslims to attack non-muslims is profoundly dishonest, to say the least. May Allah keep guiding us from any satanic influences. Aameen.

Misquotation – Verse 9:29.
One of the most interesting citations is 9:29, along with the claim that it instructs Muslims to fight people of the Book “until they pay the jizya and feel subdued”. But this verse as well has a historical context that is neglected. The very early exegete, Mujahid ibn Jabr al-Makhzumi (d.104H) explained that this fighting was revealed in reference to the Prophet Muhammad’s campaign against the Byzantine empire. The Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alaihi wasallam sent al-Harith ibn Umayr al-Azdi as an emissary to the Byzantine vassal state of the Ghassanids, but the chieftain Shurahbeel committing the shocking crime of tying up the emissary, torturing him, and murdering him. When an army was dispatched to confront the Ghassanids for their crime, the Vicarius Theodorus summoned a large force of Roman soldiers to engage in war against the Muslims in the Battle of Mu’tah.
Thus, this verse was revealed in regards to fighting within an existing war against an enemy political entity, namely the Byzantine empire, which lead to preparations for the expedition of Tabuk. The hostility of the group in question is mentioned in the this very Qur’anic passage itself, which goes on to state (9:32) that this instruction refers to those “who attempt to extinguish the light of Islam with their mouths“, which al-Dahhak (d.105H) stated meant “they wish to destroy Muhammad and his companions.”
As history went on, imperial conflicts continued between the Byzantine empire and the subsequent Muslim empire of the Umayyads. Many writing within the historical setting of imperial conflict assumed that this verse characterized a generic state of perpetual warfare with opponent political entities. However, as noted in Tafsir al-Maraghi, all of the Qur’anic conditions of warfare mentioned earlier still apply to this verse. Thus, the verse means, “fight those mentioned when the conditions which necessitate fighting are present, namely, aggression against you or your country, oppression and persecution against you on account of your faith, or threatening your safety and security, as was committed against you by the Byzantines, which was what lead to Tabuk.”
Conclusion
The Qur’an is a message to humanity that repeats 114 times, “In the Name of God the Most Compassionate the Most Merciful.” The Qur’an instructs Muslims to show goodness to those who do evil (41:34), to speak words of peace to those who are hostile (25:63), to call to the way of God with wisdom and beautiful preaching (16:125), to treat peaceful non-muslims with the utmost kindness and justice (60:cool, to be the best of people towards other people (3:110), and to respect freedom of religion (2:256, 10:99). There is simply no plausible way to understand the Qur’an in a manner bereft of mercy, compassion or peace. Any sincere and reasonable person looking at these passages must necessarily recognize that the Qur’an stands for mercy, not for destruction and violence.
Attempts to portray the Qur’anic text as preaching violence do not stand up to academic scrutiny, and in fact, can be dispelled by simply reading the entire sentence and the immediate context. Dishonesty abounds in the selective chopping of sentences by both Islamophobes and radicals alike. Knowledge of the historical context of these verses clearly demonstrates that all of these passages without exception relate to fighting against those engaged in warfare. A careful examination of the scholarly analysis of these passages provides abundant statements clarifying the meaning of these verses.
At this point, it should be obvious that one of the best ways to combat misuse of scripture is by propagating the voluminous evidences which necessitate an understanding of scripture that is peaceful, merciful, and tolerant, and empowering those who advance this understanding. To insist on characterizing the religion as inherently violent is to play right into the hands of extremists on both sides who wish to incite hatred and perpetuate war.
May Allah keep guiding us all and protect us from any satanic influences. Aameen.

Misquotation 4 – Verse 47:4.
This is perhaps the most outrageous of all misquotations. A phrase in the middle of a passage about battle is ripped out of its context and presented ludicrously as, “When you meet disbelievers, smite their necks.” To even the most casual reader who bothers to glance at the passage, the verse is talking about a meeting in mutual battle between warriors (Ar. “fi’l-muharabah” as al-Baydawi explains) that comes to an end “when the war lays down its burdens” as the verse itself states. This verse is specifically discussing mutual battle with those disbelievers engaged in warfare as noted by Ibn Jareer al-Tabari. This is clear from the opening line of the chapter which states, “Those who disbelieve and prevent people from the path of God“, which as Ibn Abbas has stated, is in reference to the pagans of Quraysh, who oppressed the believers by denying them the freedom to practice their faith and then went to war with them to exterminate their community.
With respect to the phrase, “until the war lays down its burdens“, Imam Qatadah (d.117H) explained it saying, “until the enemy warriors lay down their burdens” – a phrase that was echoed by many scholars throughout history, including Ibn Qutaybah al-Daynuri (d.276H). Note also that this verse provides Muslims with only two options for prisoners of war – unconditional release, or acceptance of ransom. The verse mentions no other option, and indeed scholars have pointed out that this is the general rule, for the Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alaihi wasallam only punished those war criminals guilty of treachery or gross violations, but otherwise he almost universally would pardon people even his most ardent opponents, as he did with the war chief Thumamah ibn Uthal, Abu Sufyan ibn Harb, Habbar ibn al-Aswad, Ikrimah ibn Abi Jahl, Umayr ibn Wahb, Safwan ibn Umayyah, Suhayl ibn Aamir, and the list goes on. May Allah keep guiding us from any satanic influences. Aameen.

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain These Quranic Verses To Me. by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 20, 2017
Alennsar:
Luke 19:27 King James Version (KJV)
But those mine enemies, which would not
that I should reign over them, bring hither,
and slay them before me.

Why not start reading from verse 11?
Re: Can Someone Explain These Quranic Verses To Me. by Jabioro: 7:48am On Jul 20, 2017
Alennsar:
taking it from you.
not one.”
not worthy of me.”
cannot be my disciple.”
the stones.”
whether man or woman.”
edge of the sword.”

You have said nothing, all in attempt to vindicated the killers.Even if they are the people of the book (Bible) in which Quran borrowed original stories, the real event actors from.. Quran is good at complications!

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain These Quranic Verses To Me. by dawahlarry: 7:49am On Jul 20, 2017
Alennsar:
taking it from you.
not one.”
not worthy of me.”
cannot be my disciple.”
the stones.”
whether man or woman.”
edge of the sword.”

Waiting for explanations of those bible verses.
Re: Can Someone Explain These Quranic Verses To Me. by dawahlarry: 7:54am On Jul 20, 2017
Jabioro:
You have said nothing, all in attempt to vindicated the killers.Even if they are the people of the book (Bible) in which Quran borrowed original stories, the real event actors from.. Quran is good at complications!
Defend those bible verses bro.
Re: Can Someone Explain These Quranic Verses To Me. by dawahlarry: 7:57am On Jul 20, 2017
Rotentina:

Why not start reading from verse 11?
Why don't you also start reading 5 verses before and after the quoted Qur'an verses?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Launches Biafra Memorial App / Multimillion Dollars Hatchery Of Lynden Farms Begins Production In Anambra- PICS / UNDERCOVER: In Ebonyi, Orphans And Little Kids Are Mining In The Pits Of Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.