Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,452 members, 7,812,382 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice (29657 Views)

Marlians Not Allowed In My House, Landlord Issues Warning To Tenants - More / Can A Property Sold Without Consent Or Without The Owner Being Aware Recovered ? / My House Sold Without A Quit Notice To The Tenants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice by mikejj(m): 7:45am On Jul 20, 2017
sadstories that touches the heart.pls sir learn to have a written agreement in anything your are doing ok.and eye witness to.
Re: Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice by banme1(m): 7:45am On Jul 20, 2017
your landlady said he has sold the house. is ur landlady a man?
Re: Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice by xcommando(m): 7:46am On Jul 20, 2017
LordHiffy:
Im in agreement with ur stand. But if the whole thing looks like it'll get out of hand just make sure u get back ur complete balance

Sir getting the balance is not even an issue, it took me months to get this one couple with the stress in packing
Re: Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice by Vanityupnvanity(m): 7:47am On Jul 20, 2017
don't you have rent tribunal in your area. report as soon as possible.

even with that there is no guarantee of getting back your money. as a result of Nigerian factor.

you know what I mean.

Please I'm begging you, start making provision to pay for a new apartment.

I'm telling you this out of experience.

is the landlord rich? if yes, I'm sorry.

1 Like

Re: Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice by miketayo(m): 7:47am On Jul 20, 2017
No agreement nd u moved in.. Your words won't stand in court even with ur receipt
Re: Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice by xcommando(m): 7:50am On Jul 20, 2017
banme1:

Sorry, I mean she
Re: Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 20, 2017
fareed69:
Na you build the house?

If the owner decides to sell his property so be it

Meet the agent​ and collect your money or better still meet the new owner and negotiate

Or look for another apartment.
Re: Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice by miketayo(m): 7:51am On Jul 20, 2017
lakkyflow:
Make sure you hold that caretaker very well and ensure you collect every damn money both commission and agreement because eventually if u will pack out you will need that money to get a new apartment ...

He can't collect anything, he didn't collect d agreement of the house.
Re: Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice by miketayo(m): 7:51am On Jul 20, 2017
lakkyflow:
Make sure you hold that caretaker very well and ensure you collect every damn money both commission and agreement because eventually if u will pack out you will need that money to get a new apartment ...

He can't collect anything, he didn't collect d agreement of the house. D caretaker knew wat he was doing

1 Like

Re: Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice by xcommando(m): 7:51am On Jul 20, 2017
Vanityupnvanity:
don't you have rent tribunal in your area. report as soon as possible.

even with that there is no guarantee of getting back your money. as a result of Nigerian factor.

you know what I mean.

Please I'm begging you, start making provision to pay for a new apartment.

I'm telling you this out of experience.

is the landlord rich? if yes, I'm sorry.
Mmmmm
Re: Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice by twilliamx(m): 7:53am On Jul 20, 2017
Go department of public prosecution.
Re: Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice by madone: 7:54am On Jul 20, 2017
banme1:
you need to grow up. a fellow going thru trying times and u re editing his English. Weti dey do u sef..mtcheeeeew all this children that just finished waec smh

1 Like

Re: Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice by madone: 8:03am On Jul 20, 2017
Boss I feel ur pain oo. Dont wait for them to come and throw u out the caretaker maybe on his side now planning to run just gather like 5k go any police station and report the case make sure the guy is picked up. Tip the police for a job Weldon even if them never do anything. You don't have case with the landlady.if u no trust police get soldiers to take him to barracks. Or get SARS to treat the matter u LL just end up spending small money
Re: Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice by Temptee101(m): 8:04am On Jul 20, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:
Sufficing that the Agent you contracted with is the one that manages the landlady's estate, then you are safe.
The principle in this case is that he who does something through another, does it himself.

The Land lady is under the obligation to hv an agent whose character is unquestionable. because sufficing the Agent has been known to have been acting on the landlady's behalf..
The customers contracting with the Agent, will be shileded by the law, should in-case the Agent does something and the landlady complains that she knows nothing about.
If a Principal (ur landlady finds out that the Agent is questionable, she is to put the public on notice, because even after sacking the Agent without notifying the public, anyone who enters into an agreement with the Agent, believing that he is entering into a contract with the landlady will be protected by the law.

in this case, the Agent is still working for her principal... so you are covered.. get a lawyer for cover.
Your advice come long pass the guy problem
Re: Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice by MicroBox: 8:05am On Jul 20, 2017
My caretaker told the landlord that I paid part of my rent and he is pleading on my behalf that I will pay the rest *while it's all lies*..,
The landlord came for normal inspection and fortunately, I m home. We've never met before, I spoke/relate freely with him like somebody who is not begging for mercy.
He then told me what the caretaker said about the money issue I laughed and refer him back to his dubious caretaker who has even increase the rent without him knowing.
In a nutshell we became friends and now chat on whatsapp.

Back to the topic, if OP knows that the information getting from the neighbours is true, then go and confront the landlady directly.
Re: Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice by xcommando(m): 8:06am On Jul 20, 2017
Sterope:
xcommando
Consult a lawyer. A simple letter may let you stay till the end of your tenancy.

Thanks abunch
Re: Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice by valemtech(m): 8:06am On Jul 20, 2017
Bro ur wasting time asking here sue every one sueable .…my land lord tried some shit with me sometime last year ,he disconnected my light
That I was oweing him 50k out of rent of 300k which I begged him for a week grace just at the interim of the year,but other
Tenants still owed him for last year,,but becos they were Yoruba ...my land lord removed my light and when I asked he told me he removed mine light and left other tenants light becos they are Yoruba..bro! I arrested him immediately and filled a case against him ,and requested for damages of about 6milllion for such comment.bro I was begged and pampered until I decided to leave his compound, under I beg after spending close to a year..Guy sue the both of them no mercy!!! Except u don't have a good lawyer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice by xcommando(m): 8:07am On Jul 20, 2017
MicroBox:
My caretaker told the landlord that I paid part of my rent and he is pleading on my behalf that I will pay the rest *while it's all lies*..,
The landlord came for normal inspection and fortunately, I m home. We've never met before, I spoke/relate freely with him like somebody who is not begging for mercy.
He then told me what the caretaker said about the money issue I laughed and refer him back to his dubious caretaker who has even increase the rent without him knowing.
In a nutshell we became friends and now chat on whatsapp.

Back to the topic, if OP knows that the information getting from the neighbours is true, then go and confront the landlady directly.

Thank you sir, I plan of doing that by weekend
Re: Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice by Temptee101(m): 8:07am On Jul 20, 2017
twilliamx:
Go department of public prosecution.
and also Consumer Protection Council CPC
Re: Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice by michoim(m): 8:08am On Jul 20, 2017
Next time pay your money to the landlord directly.
Re: Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 8:09am On Jul 20, 2017
Temptee101:
Your advice come long pass the guy problem

have you read a legal brief before ?
Re: Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice by jobsat34(m): 8:10am On Jul 20, 2017
xcommando:
I got this new apartment in April, through a caretaker/agent, we did all necessary discussion though no any written agreement. I paid him both the rend and commission and he gave me my receipt, I move into the apartment in June. I got home last night and got information that my landlady said he has sold the house out that they need to start working on the house before August rain. So we should start preparing on how to move out.

After my findings from the person that passed the information to me I discover that she is having money issues with the caretaker because my neighbour told me that she claim not to know that they are new tenants in the house, she heard it from people that they are new tenants in the apartment which she is not aware of so i just concluded that for her not to be aware the money has not be giving to her by her caretaker.

Now, the information reaching me is that the caretaker claim he want to balance the people that pack out of the house. He said their rent did not expire before they move out.

I told my neighbour that she sent to us(me and the other guy), if she is having issues with her caretaker they should resolve it within themselves for me I no dey pack
I need your advice on what to do

Cc Mrmcjay
Cc Tosin2much
Cc lala

If you are stay at Agege/oko oba, welcm to our world
Re: Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice by toprealman: 8:13am On Jul 20, 2017
xcommando:
I got this new apartment in April, through a caretaker/agent, we did all necessary discussion though no any written agreement. I paid him both the rend and commission and he gave me my receipt, I move into the apartment in June. I got home last night and got information that my landlady said he has sold the house out that they need to start working on the house before August rain. So we should start preparing on how to move out.

After my findings from the person that passed the information to me I discover that she is having money issues with the caretaker because my neighbour told me that she claim not to know that they are new tenants in the house, she heard it from people that they are new tenants in the apartment which she is not aware of so i just concluded that for her not to be aware the money has not be giving to her by her caretaker.

Now, the information reaching me is that the caretaker claim he want to balance the people that pack out of the house. He said their rent did not expire before they move out.

I told my neighbour that she sent to us(me and the other guy), if she is having issues with her caretaker they should resolve it within themselves for me I no dey pack

Cc Mrmcjay
Cc Tosin2much
Cc lala
Why copy Tosin2much who will tell you Ten reasons not to pack out today and tomorrow, Ten reasons why you should pack out.

1 Like

Re: Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice by EkoErrands: 8:18am On Jul 20, 2017
xcommando:

Cc Mrmcjay
Cc Tosin2much
Cc lala

Pack out, get court injunction against the property
Re: Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice by larrypourl(m): 8:20am On Jul 20, 2017
It's either you collect your money or tell the caretaker to get you another apartment.

Click my signature for quality leather/suede loafers.
Re: Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice by xcommando(m): 8:21am On Jul 20, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:
Sufficing that the Agent you contracted with is the one that manages the landlady's estate, then you are safe.
The principle in this case is that he who does something through another, does it himself.

The Land lady is under the obligation to hv an agent whose character is unquestionable. because sufficing the Agent has been known to have been acting on the landlady's behalf..
The customers contracting with the Agent, will be shileded by the law, should in-case the Agent does something and the landlady complains that she knows nothing about.
If a Principal (ur landlady finds out that the Agent is questionable, she is to put the public on notice, because even after sacking the Agent without notifying the public, anyone who enters into an agreement with the Agent, believing that he is entering into a contract with the landlady will be protected by the law.

in this case, the Agent is still working for her principal... so you are covered.. get a lawyer for cover.

Thank you sir
Re: Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice by lonelydora: 8:26am On Jul 20, 2017
xcommando:

Cc Mrmcjay
Cc Tosin2much
Cc lala

The bolded is not advised.
Re: Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice by jaychubi: 8:28am On Jul 20, 2017
xcommando:

Cc Mrmcjay
Cc Tosin2much
Cc lala

Go and meet your landlady and explain to her that you paid to to the caretaker and you jst parked in and will be needing the BAL of ur money n 2 months notice to park out n hear what she will say.
Act like u believe the money got to her

Start looking for another apartment ASAP
Re: Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice by xcommando(m): 8:29am On Jul 20, 2017
9jakohai:
NO written agreement!

NO WRITTEN AGREEMENT!

CHief....I don't even know where to start with you.

I have been renting accommodation since my university days. The very first property I rented....I signed a rental agreement with the agent who was acting on my landlord's behalf. Halfway through my tenancy, the landlord died...and his sons shared the property. Yet.....because I had signed a legal agreement....the son who inherited the building where I was living could not move me out....until my rent had expired (and he even came to offer me a new rental agreement....but at the time I had to move due to changed circumstances).

SInce then, I have been signing rental agreements. Even the brief time I spent outside Naija....I signed rental agreements. I am in the process of moving out of my rented flat to a new place....and I signed a prepared agreement yesterday.

Bros....no document. In fact, thank God your landlady no come call Agbero and police to come and violently evict you. Even if you go to court....na waste of time.

Next time....ask for signed agreement....prepped by a lawyer and /or legally recognized agent representing the landlord/landlady/owner of the rental. Even if you are renting from your BEST friend......do that thing...so that when wahala strikes....at least you get defence.

Thank you sir, this will be an eye opener for me because here we don't sign document..All the houses have stayed I have never sign a document, once you have been issued a receipt case close. moreover. The Agent involve is a recognised agent in that area.
Re: Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice by xcommando(m): 8:36am On Jul 20, 2017
9jakohai:
NO written agreement!

NO WRITTEN AGREEMENT!

CHief....I don't even know where to start with you.

I have been renting accommodation since my university days. The very first property I rented....I signed a rental agreement with the agent who was acting on my landlord's behalf. Halfway through my tenancy, the landlord died...and his sons shared the property. Yet.....because I had signed a legal agreement....the son who inherited the building where I was living could not move me out....until my rent had expired (and he even came to offer me a new rental agreement....but at the time I had to move due to changed circumstances).

SInce then, I have been signing rental agreements. Even the brief time I spent outside Naija....I signed rental agreements. I am in the process of moving out of my rented flat to a new place....and I signed a prepared agreement yesterday.

Bros....no document. In fact, thank God your landlady no come call Agbero and police to come and violently evict you. Even if you go to court....na waste of time.

Next time....ask for signed agreement....prepped by a lawyer and /or legally recognized agent representing the landlord/landlady/owner of the rental. Even if you are renting from your BEST friend......do that thing...so that when wahala strikes....at least you get defence.

Thank you sir, this will be an eye opener for me because here we don't sign document..All the houses have stayed I have never sign a document, once you have been issued a receipt case close. moreover. The Agent involve is a recognised agent in that area.
miketayo:

He can't collect anything, he didn't collect d agreement of the house. D caretaker knew wat he was doing

Oga no any agreement form is given out here, once you are issued receipt you are cover
Re: Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice by moses93(m): 8:37am On Jul 20, 2017
taylor88:
this is where i specialise, embracing troubles

young man go to ur village, liberate with native kola, schnapps and kill live fowl

come back to ur apartment with a newly ordered Amadioha

if they ever disturb u again call me idiot
you wan make this guy cry for you abi?
Re: Got Home Last Night And Was Told That My House Has Been Sold Without Notice by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 20, 2017
grayht:
lalasticlacla kindly do the needfull till 2081
HahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhaHahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahha Hahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahha grin grin grin grin guy you badt o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Check Out This 1925 Old Colonial Building In Port Harcourt / See What Tenants In Abia Were Asked To Bring To Bury Their Landlord (pictured) / List of flats to RENT in ilorin.see last page for new updates.Call 0909-051-3448

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.