Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

When Is The Right Time To Leave A Church For Another? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Is The Right Time To Leave A Church For Another? (1499 Views)

When You Try To Leave Church Before Offering Time (Funny Pic) / Congregation Chases Pastor From Church For Impregnating Member / Bishop Oyedepo Orders Members To Bring Their Pvcs To Church For Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Is The Right Time To Leave A Church For Another? by woye77: 1:26pm On Feb 05, 2010
i've always wondered about this - responses would be welcome cheesy
Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave A Church For Another? by karo93: 1:34pm On Feb 05, 2010
The only acceptable ground for leaving a church for another is when you know that the pastor or priest in the church is not a true man of God
Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave A Church For Another? by manmustwac(m): 1:37pm On Feb 05, 2010
karo93:

The only acceptable ground for leaving a church for another is when you know that the pastor or priest in the church is not a true man of God
Well then well over 95% of pastors or priests are not true men of god they are all true men of business
Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave A Church For Another? by karo93: 1:41pm On Feb 05, 2010
You are right though but if you cannot pin point that he is false there is no need to run away from the church cos if it is by how they extort you then there will be very few churches to go to.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave A Church For Another? by Joagbaje(m): 2:38pm On Feb 05, 2010
You dont need to junp from church to church as some do, Its a sign of spiritual instability.There is no duration for a church , But if you must leave a church , three factors are important. If your spiritual hunger can no longer be satisfied there, or the church is teaching or practising things contrary to truth or most importantly, if the spirit of God witness in your heart to leave to a better place where you can be more fed.

Whatever the case you must pray and be led of God . The fact that something upset you in a church isnot a reason to leave.

there are proper ways to leave a church.Dont leave a church out of conflicts. cnflicts comes to be resolved in every relationship.You must resolve every conflict first and if God says "Go" so be it . It is good to let your pastor know your decisions and reasons. I was once in a church 19 years ago I newly got born again, the messages were almost all the time were always "you are blessed" and "you shall be blessed today" which was wonderful ,but I had so much hunger to know the bible, I needed explanations on several issues, i had questions, and I had so much hunger for soul winning . When I came in contact with my present ministry, I just felt at home, teaching , soulwining programmes, training programmes. plus "you are blessed" as jara. I informed my former pastor, he prayed for me. Its been beautiful ever since.

If you leave a church for whatever reason, avoid speaking negatively about the pastor you left, firstly because he is a man of God,and also ,this man must have been a blessig to you one way or the other .Appreciate him as you move on in your faith walk.

Exodus 22:28
Thou shalt not revile the gods, nor curse the ruler of thy people.

1 Chron. 16:22

Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.

Jude 1:8

Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

Acts 23:5

Then said Paul, I wist not, brethren, that he was the high priest: for it is written, Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy people.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave A Church For Another? by woye77: 3:56pm On Feb 05, 2010
Joagbaje:

I was once in a church 19 years ago I newly got born again, the messages were almost all the time were always "you are blessed" and "you shall be blessed today" which was wonderful ,but I had so much hunger to know the bible, I needed explanations on several issues, i had questions, and I had so much hunger for soul winning . When I came in contact with my present ministry, I just felt at home, teaching , soulwining programmes, training programmes. plus "you are blessed" as jara.

thanks but can u kindly tell us the particular ministry you left? just out of curiousity
Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave A Church For Another? by Fhemmmy: 3:46am On Feb 06, 2010
1. When you no more feel belong
2. When you have no respect for the man of God
3. When you find it hard to submit
4. When the objective of the church aint doing it for you anymore
Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave A Church For Another? by jagunlabi(m): 7:34am On Feb 06, 2010
When your pocket has become empty and you are not getting anything that resembles blessing in return, then it is time to go try your luck elsewhere.Unless, ofcourse, you regard empty pockets as blessing, then you can just stay put and wallow.
woye77:

i've always wondered about this - responses would be welcome cheesy
Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave A Church For Another? by nuclearboy(m): 11:55pm On Feb 06, 2010
And what if your church is in Lagos and you're posted to Kogi state?
Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave A Church For Another? by Nobody: 12:11am On Feb 07, 2010
anytime.

or after much reflection.

Some churches dont let you leave just like that however.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave A Church For Another? by mamagee3(f): 12:21am On Feb 07, 2010
nuclearboy:

And what if your church is in Lagos and you're posted to Kogi state?

Duh! you go to a church in Kogi.
Re: When Is The Right Time To Leave A Church For Another? by Traugott(m): 7:53pm On Feb 11, 2010
Mr nuclearboy, are you in kogi state? please send me an email. Traugottmail@yahoo.com because I want to discuss some things with you. Please abeg no ignore me o!

(1) (Reply)

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Says Jesus Christ Is The Ultimate Savior Before The UN / nairaland[Why Can't A Christian Not Leave Muslims Alone &Vice Versa / Whats The Interpretation Of Making Phone Calls In A Dream?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.