Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

How Economical Are V4 Cars? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Economical Are V4 Cars? (14457 Views)

Ia This Car Economical??? / How Economical Is The ⛽ Consumption In Renault Cars? / Owning A Car Or Public Transport In Lagos, Which More Economical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by Evidence1000(m): 7:42am On Jul 22, 2017
ray48:
D Honda Civic is very fuel efficient. I know somebody dat uses it & as per him, he fills up the tank with N7000 & travels from Lagos to the East & comes back to Lagos without refilling the tank.

Not in this economy abeg.

1 Like

Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by starlingbawa(m): 7:45am On Jul 22, 2017
greenhulk:

48L fuel from Lagos to East and back, haba bros.. unless Ur East is Benin and ur Lagos is from Berger. Or maybe the civic is hybrid. Lagos to Onitsha is about 450km, to and fro is approximately 900km. Honda Civic 1.6L has combined mpg of 6.9L/100km. It is almost impossible to get factory mpg in Nigeria because of driving conditions and quality of fuel. Oh and the car has to be almost new. what year is ur friend's civic? If the car is like 12 yrs old then getting factory mpg is almost impossible.

Ok let's say u are getting factory mpg, 6.9L/100km x 9= 62.1L of fuel, Hmmmm.

Exactly my thoughts!!!
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by stukinherdr1222(m): 7:46am On Jul 22, 2017
motus:
If you are looking at earning some income for yourself or want extra income . Then this is what you need. This is one of the best things that has happened to anyone in this century. No special skill involved, no capital needed too. Don't just sit and be browsing the internet for fun, There is a lot of cool income means on the internet...... You don't even have to spend.

Your mobile phone is a great tool for smart ones to make some steady pay. check www.datapays..com

how much have you earned tongue

1 Like

Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by mafioso47(m): 7:47am On Jul 22, 2017
Civic very fuel efficient. Fuel economy better on highways and also its an impressive car. drives like a big car..

1 Like

Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by dunmotuscana(m): 7:48am On Jul 22, 2017
Honda civic is an i4 engine which means inline 4 cos the 4 piston dey inline. when an engine has a V shape then I introduce the V followed by the number of piston it has.
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 22, 2017
ray48:
D Honda Civic is very fuel efficient. I know somebody dat uses it & as per him, he fills up the tank with N7000 & travels from Lagos to the East & comes back to Lagos without refilling the tank.

Resoundingly unbelievable.

2 Likes

Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 22, 2017
seyiojomu:
Yea, nothing like V4 anymore...but it doesnt start from 6 either, we have V5 cars also.

A V5? shocked

3 Likes

Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by chronique(m): 7:59am On Jul 22, 2017
There's nothing like v4 cars. It's called i4(inline 4 cylinder).
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by nanizle(m): 8:00am On Jul 22, 2017
erico2k2:
I don't know howmany times we have to KEEPING SAVINGS THIS ON NAIRALAND
[b]once again the brand of cars do not determine how fuel efficient a car [/b]is rather the Engine capacity does .
Op for starters there is nothing like V4 it's l4 all cylinders are lined straight and V6 they are lined in V shape 3 each side .
Now a Vw polo 1.2 is more fuel efficient than any Toyota camry in the world which is not hybrid reason engine capacity is 1.2 and camry starts from 1.8 , 2.0,2.2 and 3 ltr V6 . .
the BMW 318 is more fuel efficient than the camry 2.2 .
Hope you all getting the gist ? And I hope this helps someone who is trying to buy a car based on fuel consumption . Look out for engine capacity rather than rand amd model.

The bolded is not entirely correct. The brand does matter! Compare a Toyota and Kia/Hyundai of the same year and engine capacity and you'll find out that the Toyota always has higher mpg!

Why? Simply because Toyota's automobile technologies (engine, transmission et al) are superior!

2 Likes

Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by Nasamy(m): 8:04am On Jul 22, 2017
But aspect of maintaince those I mentioned are the best
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by massingale(m): 8:06am On Jul 22, 2017
erico2k2:
I don't know howmany times we have to KEEPING SAVINGS THIS ON NAIRALAND
once again the brand of cars do not determine how fuel efficient a car is rather the Engine capacity does .
Op for starters there is nothing like V4 it's l4 all cylinders are lined straight and V6 they are lined in V shape 3 each side .
Now a Vw polo 1.2 is more fuel efficient than any Toyota camry in the world which is not hybrid reason engine capacity is 1.2 and camry starts from 1.8 , 2.0,2.2 and 3 ltr V6 . .
the BMW 318 is more fuel efficient than the camry 2.2 .
Hope you all getting the gist ? And I hope this helps someone who is trying to buy a car based on fuel consumption . Look out for engine capacity rather than rand amd model.

You're very correct about VolksWagen Polo. I drove the car for a distance of 400km with a full tank. When I got to my destination, I refilled with just 12Litres. I told my friends but most didn't believe.

1 Like

Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by erico2k2(m): 8:07am On Jul 22, 2017
nanizle:

The bolded is not entirely correct. The brand does matter! Compare a Toyota and Kia/Hyundai of the same year and engine capacity and you'll find out that the Toyota always has higher mpg!

Why? Simply because Toyota's automobile technologies (engine, transmission et al) are superior!
Bro list model of Toyota you talking about don't just say Toyota . The car called smart is made by Mercedes it has an engine capacity of 0.7 . I will take a pic of one .
The VW polo has a variant of 1.2 engine . List two brand of Toyota that are more fuel efficient please I'm waiting

1 Like

Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by erico2k2(m): 8:10am On Jul 22, 2017
Nasamy:
But aspect of maintaince those I mentioned are the best
says who ? You got more fakes on the Japanese cars than European cars.fakes are cheap but cost more in the future . Buy original lower and upper control arm you won't ja e issues with your Honda ball join coming off .

1 Like

Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by Nnamaka1: 8:13am On Jul 22, 2017
If fuel economy is your main concern, go for cars with engine size between 1.0 and 1.6 liters.

1 Like

Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by ugoboss26(m): 8:14am On Jul 22, 2017
Now that this is been discussed here, I'm going to throw my questions here, I am battling with the decision to buy either a 2006 corolla or 2006 EOD, please I need advice. I live in Abuja where there are good roads for those who might complain of the legs of the HONDA
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by bibe(m): 8:21am On Jul 22, 2017
Nasamy:
I am dealer... Nasamy Autos

I will advise, you go for TOYOTA COROLLA 2003 to 2005 Model Ordinary or Sport 4plug and TOYOTA CAMRY 2000 to 2001 Model (DROP LIGHT) 4plug. depend on ur budget. They are all very fuel economical and easy to Maintained.
Thanks
Sign by Nasamy Autos

Can I get a quote for the prices of the cars mentioned?
Cheers.
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by muller101(m): 8:22am On Jul 22, 2017
ray48:
fat lie
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by bibe(m): 8:22am On Jul 22, 2017
Nasamy:
I am dealer... Nasamy Autos

I will advise, you go for TOYOTA COROLLA 2003 to 2005 Model Ordinary or Sport 4plug and TOYOTA CAMRY 2000 to 2001 Model (DROP LIGHT) 4plug. depend on ur budget. They are all very fuel economical and easy to Maintained.
Thanks
Sign by Nasamy Autos

Cheers.
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by Drslimz: 8:56am On Jul 22, 2017
greenhulk:

48L fuel from Lagos to East and back, haba bros.. unless Ur East is Benin and ur Lagos is from Berger. Or maybe the civic is hybrid. Lagos to Onitsha is about 450km, to and fro is approximately 900km. Honda Civic 1.6L has combined mpg of 6.9L/100km. It is almost impossible to get factory mpg in Nigeria because of driving conditions and quality of fuel. Oh and the car has to be almost new. what year is ur friend's civic? If the car is like 12 yrs old then getting factory mpg is almost impossible.

Ok let's say u are getting factory mpg, 6.9L/100km x 9= 62.1L of fuel, Hmmmm.

You very precise. ��
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 22, 2017
I dont know much about cars but a Friend bought a 2001 civic last year, nd d car saves fuel gan... But d engine knocked d first time he traveled with d car

1 Like

Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by ndcide(m): 9:14am On Jul 22, 2017
Student get 12k to dey fuel car.
You be big man na.. What are you doing in school.

1 Like

Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by erico2k2(m): 9:15am On Jul 22, 2017
EgunMogaji:

A V5? shocked
Yes some have V5 ie some passat
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by erico2k2(m): 9:17am On Jul 22, 2017
ugoboss26:
Now that this is been discussed here, I'm going to throw my questions here, I am battling with the decision to buy either a 2006 corolla or 2006 EOD, please I need advice. I live in Abuja where there are good roads for those who might complain of the legs of the HONDA
If fuel is not an issue the EOD gets my vote

2 Likes

Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by Coolgent(m): 9:21am On Jul 22, 2017
paul5378:
If you wanna live long don't buy hunda. The front tire do pull off easily
Hahaha easily kwa!
I have been driving Honda Product since 2007 without any so call LEG issue.
If u take care of it, it wil take care of u. Shikenan
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by FSolar: 9:27am On Jul 22, 2017
seyiojomu:
Yea, nothing like V4 anymore...but it doesnt start from 6 either, we have V5 cars also.

cry

V5 engines are also not "anymore". So basically, we start from V6. wink
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by Mezurum01: 9:31am On Jul 22, 2017
There is no such engine as v4 on Honda cars so get your facts right. #Amamechanic
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by FSolar: 9:33am On Jul 22, 2017
bibe:

Cheers.

Avoid the Camry drop light. AVOID IT!! You will spend money on shock absorbers like you need water except you plan to do 80km/hr max. Moreover, I've seen about 3 of them flip over right in my face.

1 Like

Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by ExInferis(m): 9:39am On Jul 22, 2017
No such thing as a V4.

You mean 4 cylinder.

Thd V refers to the positioning of the 6 cylinders in a V6, 3 on either side in a V shape.

Most 6 cylinder cars are now straight-6, not V6.
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by FSolar: 10:07am On Jul 22, 2017
erico2k2:

In theory, you sound about right. He is here for practical reasoning and advice though.
You should assume two things:
1. He is a "Student" who has a target (budget) as he has mentioned "Honda".
2. He'd appreciate an economic advice as well because he has mentioned "12k" for fueling in a month.

The best advice should cover cost of maintenance and spare parts.

Let me dazzle your thoughts a bit.
DO YOU KNOW THAT F1 RACING CARS ARE 1.6l engines? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by salford1: 10:15am On Jul 22, 2017
nanizle:

Bros you can lie...lol

1 Like

Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by erico2k2(m): 10:25am On Jul 22, 2017
FSolar:

In theory, you sound about right. He is here for practical reasoning and advice though.
You should assume two things:
1. He is a "Student" who has a target (budget) as he has mentioned "Honda".
2. He'd appreciate an economic advice as well because he has mentioned "12k" for fueling in a month.

The best advice should cover cost of maintenance and spare parts.

Let me dazzle your thoughts a bit.
DO YOU KNOW THAT F1 RACING CARS ARE 1.6l engines? lipsrsealed
Bro my reasons are both practical and theoretical . In the UK Ford came up with a cheap car for students they called it the Ford KA . You can do your research on that . Regards F1 speed does not equate to power
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by erico2k2(m): 10:30am On Jul 22, 2017
salford1:

Bros you can lie...lol
Thanks for this datas

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Good Is Double King Tyres / What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? / Cargo Tracking Notes In Nigeria ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.