Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

How Economical Are V4 Cars? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Economical Are V4 Cars? (14470 Views)

Ia This Car Economical??? / How Economical Is The ⛽ Consumption In Renault Cars? / Owning A Car Or Public Transport In Lagos, Which More Economical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by nanizle(m): 10:43am On Jul 22, 2017
salford1:

Bros you can lie...lol

Oops!

But in other years corollas can have higher mpg to comparable elantras.

Eitherway, my point still stands that mpg varies across different car makers for comparable engines and models. (as your photo shows).
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by FSolar: 10:46am On Jul 22, 2017
erico2k2:

Bro my reasons are both practical and theoretical . In the UK Ford came up with a cheap car for students they called it the Ford KA . You can do your research on that . Regards F1 speed does not equate to power

Lol,
1. Op is not in the Uk.
2. You didn't advise him to get the Ka.
3. You're now including power to your "firm stand" on engine capacity.

In conclusion, kindly read initial post and assist in op's decision making. Thanks. wink

1 Like

Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by erico2k2(m): 11:04am On Jul 22, 2017
FSolar:

Lol,
1. Op is not in the Uk.
2. You didn't advise him to get the Ka.
3. You're now including power to your "firm stand" on engine capacity.

In conclusion, kindly read initial post and assist in op's decision making. Thanks. wink
Bro location is highly irrelevant to fuel performance . And what's wrong in buying the KA ? ?
You brought in FI cars I was marely dismissing ot as it has no bearing on the subject of the day
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by gohzieh(m): 11:08am On Jul 22, 2017
ray48:
D Honda Civic is very fuel efficient. I know somebody dat uses it & as per him, he fills up the tank with N7000 & travels from Lagos to the East & comes back to Lagos without refilling the tank.

impossible. very impossible...what kind of imagination be that

1 Like

Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 22, 2017
What of Honda Accord 2013? Is it V6 and how is the fuel economy like? I look forward to buying the car, but am scared cos I don't want to be buying fuel every time. How much does it take to fill up the tank.
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 22, 2017
RealHaute:

FYI people, MPG is Miles Per Gallon; not Machine-gun People of Ghana. So don't rope makydebbie into this. cheesy

And since we are kilometer and liters here instead of miles and gallons, common sense cannot tell u I converted my united to the ones we use here for easy understanding.
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by LordGuru1: 11:45am On Jul 22, 2017
erico2k2:

Bro location is highly irrelevant to fuel performance . And what's wrong in buying the KA ? ?
You brought in FI cars I was marely dismissing ot as it has no bearing on the subject of the day
Let me teach you something called grey imports.
Google grey import cars. Don't end up full of regrets after buying a car that's not meant to thrive in Nigerian's temprate atmosphere.
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by good188(m): 11:46am On Jul 22, 2017
i recently bought corolla 2006 ,its save fuel and very economy in time of fuel ,i will advice you to go for it
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by erico2k2(m): 11:47am On Jul 22, 2017
Look at this car Smart or four. It's a 1.1 engine . Beats every Toyota anyone can bring up . I challenge anybody

Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by salford1: 11:49am On Jul 22, 2017
nanizle:

Oops!

But in other years corollas can have higher mpg to comparable elantras.

Eitherway, my point still stands that mpg varies across different car makers for comparable engines and models. (as your photo shows).
2013 or 2014 is likely not going to be different.

Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by hammiddanimmam: 11:59am On Jul 22, 2017
All u need to know is that all Honda Civic has suspension problem.
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by erico2k2(m): 12:02pm On Jul 22, 2017
LordGuru1:
Let me teach you something called grey imports.
Google grey import cars. Don't end up full of regrets after buying a car that's not meant to thrive in Nigerian's temprate atmosphere.
You are extremely ignorant when it comes to hiw cars work.for the simple fact yoy mentioned temperature relative to how a car will work in Nigeria is a pure indication of you not having a clue. I'm a fully trained mechanic engineer with 12 years experience in the UK though I don't work in automotive industry but I work with facilities thy support the automotive industry .
The issue of temperature . Heating people removing thermostat have been trashed on this forum in the past its obvious you where not here at the time .
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 22, 2017
hammiddanimmam:
All u need to know is that all Honda Civic has suspension problem.
Thank you sir for the reply... But sir is that supposed to be a serious problem?
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 22, 2017
Thank All for your replies!!!
erico2k2
LordGuru1
FSolar
And others...Thanks for educating me

1 Like

Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by LordGuru1: 12:24pm On Jul 22, 2017
erico2k2:

You are extremely ignorant when it comes to hiw cars work.for the simple fact yoy mentioned temperature relative to how a car will work in Nigeria is a pure indication of you not having a clue. I'm a fully trained mechanic engineer with 12 years experience in the UK though I don't work in automotive industry but I work with facilities thy support the automotive industry .
The issue of temperature . Heating people removing thermostat have been trashed on this forum in the past its obvious you where not here at the time .
Lol. Just because you know this is a faceless forum, u... I laugh so hard when I see how some that never own a bicycle tyre all their life are quick to claim shit. Young people like me that have 4 different cars don't brag about it. Continue to lie and rant away your life on NL, I'm too busy. I'm out.
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by RealHaute: 12:33pm On Jul 22, 2017
greenhulk:

And since we are kilometer and liters here instead of miles and gallons, common sense cannot tell u I converted my united to the ones we use here for easy understanding.

Converted and still tagged it mpg. Issorait.
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by onunwa21(m): 12:34pm On Jul 22, 2017
Nasamy:
I am dealer... Nasamy Autos

I will advise, you go for TOYOTA COROLLA 2003 to 2005 Model Ordinary or Sport 4plug and TOYOTA CAMRY 2000 to 2001 Model (DROP LIGHT) 4plug. depend on ur budget. They are all very fuel economical and easy to Maintained.
Thanks
Sign by Nasamy Autos
1st grade, Toyota Corolla nd Toyota Camry what the cost?. Thanks
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by erico2k2(m): 12:57pm On Jul 22, 2017
LordGuru1:

Lol. Just because you know this is a faceless forum, u... I laugh so hard when I see how some that never own a bicycle tyre all their life are quick to claim shit. Young people like me that have 4 different cars don't brag about it. Continue to lie and rant away your life on NL, I'm too busy. I'm out.
me brag ke lol how does my statement constitute bragging ? and how do you know I'm not young ? You think working for 12 years amount to B old right ? .guy you have serious issues just cos I exposed your ignorance you want to throw your dummy outta da pram .
talking about temperature with cars in 9ja my backside.
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by Deen100: 1:24pm On Jul 22, 2017
The Engine is called L4 and not V4 because the Cylinders are a Line and not in a V shape like the V6, V8 etc.
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by elbuzzy(m): 1:39pm On Jul 22, 2017
Inside of internal combustion engines, there are metal pistons which are pushed and pulled up and down very quickly. There are multiple pistons doing this at the same time. With an even number of cylinders, it is easier to make the engine shake less by balancing how the pistons move and trying to have the forces balance each other by having some pistons move in the opposite direction of others. A specially shaped shaft coordinates these movements. An even number of pistons/cylinders makes this easier.

There are inline 5 cylinder engines which use an extra metal weight to balance things out, but it is much more common to have an even number of cylinders.

To make the engine more compact cylinders are also placed in a 'V pattern' with half of the cylinders on one side and the other half on the other. This resembles a V shape.

Engines with less cylinders can remain balanced while still having them right next to each other because they are smaller and have less mass moving around. Many smaller cars have inline 4 cylinder engines with the cylinders side by side.

As the number of cylinders increase, it would create too long of an engine if they remained side by side. This can be seen clearly with cars from the 1930s and 1940s which had very long engine compartments to accommodate very long engines. As manufacturing of cars became more efficient engines were placed in smaller and smaller engine bays with increasing complexity in how the cylinders are oriented to each other and increasingly complex physics to get more power out of less physical space.

There are “compact” 12 cylinder engines and they have four rows of four cylinders each for a 'W' shape. The engine ends up being much shorter than if all 12 cylinders were placed side by side. And again the even number of cylinders makes balancing all of this easier and less expensive.

While a V5 or V7 engine would be technically possible, it would be inherently unbalanced and likely shake itself to failure unless expensive and complex counterbalance measures were designed in to try to balance an uneven number of moving parts - most companies do not feel it is
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by Fhowe: 1:48pm On Jul 22, 2017
Mbediogu:

You talked professionally and logically. You must be an engineer. Kudos bros.
I stand to be corrected please i would like to know but if you dont step on the gas pedal that much that should make a difference am i right or wrong ?Cause i can vividly remember during fuel scarcity and i am cautious on how i step on the gas pedal it helps
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by osasmedic(m): 1:54pm On Jul 22, 2017
ray48:
D Honda Civic is very fuel efficient. I know somebody dat uses it & as per him, he fills up the tank with N7000 & travels from Lagos to the East & comes back to Lagos without refilling the tank.
He sure had a refill on his way back. Not possible to do dat distance using honda civic wich is nt a hybrid with a vry high mpg rating. I will agree with yu If yu say lagos to benin nd back, but only with economical driving.
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by FSolar: 1:55pm On Jul 22, 2017
Osahon7:
Thank All for your replies!!!
erico2k2
LordGuru1
FSolar
And others...Thanks for educating me

Favor and good luck be on your side when selecting your car.

1 Like

Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by psalmson001: 2:14pm On Jul 22, 2017
EgunMogaji:

A V5? shocked

Yep. In nigeria, u can mostly find them in some VWs especially the golf 4 & bora.
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by Enyimbamercedes: 2:36pm On Jul 22, 2017
V4 �
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by Mbediogu(m): 3:03pm On Jul 22, 2017
Fhowe:
I stand to be corrected please i would like to know but if you dont step on the gas pedal that much that should make a difference am i right or wrong ?Cause i can vividly remember during fuel scarcity and i am cautious on how i step on the gas pedal it helps

The OP can easily explain better than me, a poor car end-user.
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by Mbediogu(m): 3:04pm On Jul 22, 2017
Fhowe:

The OP can easily explain that better than I, a poor car end-user. Thanks.
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 22, 2017
psalmson001:

Yep. In nigeria, u can mostly find them in some VWs especially the golf 4 & bora.

Well, I learnt something new today.
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by symbianDON(m): 3:47pm On Jul 22, 2017
paul5378:
If you wanna live long don't buy hunda. The front tire do pull off easily
simply not the truth! I'm yet to see a well maintained honda whose 'leg simply just pulled off' of its own volition. I have owned the civic and accord cars and have not had ANY 'legs' pulling off in 6years plus! for your information, ANY car, irrespective of brand, can't have it's legs pull off if not consistently and appropriately maintained.
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by Zealoy(m): 3:56pm On Jul 22, 2017
ray48:
Na lie
Re: How Economical Are V4 Cars? by lordmassac(m): 4:54pm On Jul 22, 2017
ray48:

This one weak me o. Na bajaj engine the car dey use?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Car Suspension: 7 Indicators That Your Car Has Suspension Problems / How Good Is Double King Tyres / Funny Things Non-Car Enthusiasts Say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.