Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Glo: The Grand Masters Of Bad Network - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo: The Grand Masters Of Bad Network (553 Views)

Is Glo The Worst Network In Nigeria? / Glo: The New Glo Data Increment Is A Scam! / Pictures: Is Glo The Fastest Network In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Glo: The Grand Masters Of Bad Network by mp3center(m): 9:32pm On Jul 20, 2017
Globacom Limited (or GLO) is a Nigerian multinational telecommunications company headquartered in Lagos. GLO is a privately owned telecommunications carrier that started operations on 29 August 2003. It currently operates in four countries in West Africa, namely Nigeria, Republic of Benin, Ghana and Côte d'Ivoire. When Glo started operation in Nigeria back in 2003, It was considered a life saver and it changed the industry for good, Already Glo was winning customers over and the Chairman Mike Adenuga being a Nigerian gave that sense of comfort to Nigerians. The rest is history.
GLO: THE GRAND MASTERS OF BAD NETWORK Self proclaimed Grand masters of Data, but they fail to reckon with the fact that they are rushing everything while trying to catch up with other competitors, Whereas they are like stagnant water or even worse as they are merely retarding, They fool Nigerians with cheap data plans in which they cannot use. I sincerely have to commend Glo for giving us access to cheap data, very cheap i must admit, Currently they offer us the cheapest in the country but an average Nigerian would still have to settle for more expensive plans from other competitors. They knew our plight and they came through for Nigerians, because in an industry where 200mb was given out for 1000 naira, Glo all of a sudden raised the bar and started giving out 3.2gb for the 1000naira and evidently it was out of this gesture other networks reviewed their various data plans. It would not have been an issue if Glo was unable to cover the whole Nigeria, I mean which network can, but the fact that they are unable to cover majority of the country is where the issue lies. I have heard different sorts of complains in the past, even a twitter user questioned whether the Chairman Globacom Mike Adenuga browse with Glo My personal experience is even worse than having bad network, In my campus at Ibogun, Globacom would switch off their Network mast for weeks claiming they do not have diesel to run the generator, it became very unbearable as data became useless, then after refueling the generator they would switch it off around 9pm and switch on around 6am. Sometimes i wonder whether they are not losing subscribers, but According to NCC ,since they reviewed their data plans to be the cheapest, They have been gaining more customers than other competitors every month. Well its normal to get more customers if you offer cheap services and recently i was told by a fan on Whatsapp that "But they are cheap, What u buy is what u get", and i was left dumbfounded. The fact that are cheap does not mean i should not get the value of what i paid for. Recently they did introduced a package that i found amusing, you would have to renew you data plan immediately it finishes or else you would get half of what you ought to get. For example if you subscribed for the N1000 plan which gives you 3.2gb Then you failed to auto renew it. You would get half of that the next time you resubscribe. I would love to dive into how they are starting to succumb to Pressure from other competitors but lets stick to the Script. Below is a customer's Report on how bad Glo network is In his comments, Oluwole Isreal pointed out that “Of all the cellular network providers operating in Nigeria right now, Glo has the cheapest data plans. The GSM network has always come to the rescue of Nigerians, introducing insane tariffs that often make other network providers adjust their plans and pricing. When it introduced its latest data plans recently, a lot of Nigerians thought liberation had come and I wasn’t an exception. “It’s a known fact that Glo network isn’t the best around but it is actually getting worse. I subscribed to the 24GB data plan for N5,000 and I ended up regretting this move. The network quality has been so terrible that I haven’t been able to cross 50% of the data allocation and it’s almost 20 days. “MTN offers this same amount of data for N10,000 and I thought getting it for ₦5,000 with Glo was a great way to save some money. I was wrong.Network quality on the Glo network varies by location, everyone knows this. However, the coverage in most regions is terrible.” Source THISDAY Conclusion: This network issue is going out of hands and seeming like a mission impossible for Glo, Because despite all the complains from users allover the country there has been no improvement. Then i begin to wonder that is the second richest man even using this network everywhere he goes? Have Your Say! What's your take on the Bad network? Rate The Network Coverage in your area, And How Do You Think They Can Improve.

Source: http://www.rammyblog.com.ng/2017/07/glo-grand-masters-of-bad-network.html

Written by ONASANYA BABATUNDE
HEAD ADMIN http://Rammyblog.com.ng
Facebook: fb.com/rammyblog
Twitter: @simply_rammy
Whatsapp: 09035711074
Instagram: @itz_rammy_
Re: Glo: The Grand Masters Of Bad Network by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 20, 2017
MTN is an enemy that "COME CLOSER" than a brother "FAR AWAY".

(1) (Reply)

Glo Users / Turing Appassionato Features And Price / Is This Currently The Best Smartphone In The World?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.