Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,597 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone (40874 Views)

How I Lost 120,000 Naira In 20days For Buying Blackberry Keyone / Itel P51: Unboxing My New Android Phone / Blackberry Keyone Specs & Price In Nigeria (jumia & Slot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone by Patrick33(m): 6:39pm On Jul 21, 2017
Reading this you can tell this is a tecno fan trying to hate on samsung. And has obviously never used one.
Re: Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone by NLbully(m): 6:39pm On Jul 21, 2017
Kai Education Na bastard...Op wey no sabi say Fed up is already a past tense dey buy 227k phone me wey sabi am still dey buy tecno and infinix...Aye mi My Life embarassed
Re: Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone by poik(m): 6:39pm On Jul 21, 2017
Ivegotsolutions:
I got fad-up with Samsung style of coping IPhone. My last Samsung phone was Note 5, I was mad each time the phone signals me of low memory. How on earth did I pay so much money for a phone without memory Slot? At a point, I was about swapping the Note 5 for Tecno Phantom. All Samsung phone look alike so I decided to try something else. I heard of BlackBerry Keyone and I loved everything about the phone.

The Price is 227,000

Am loving this phone!!!

Checkout the specifications.

Also known as BlackBerry Mercury
NETWORK
Technology
GSM / HSPA / LTE
LAUNCH
Announced 2017, February
Status Available. Released 2017, April
BODY
Dimensions 149.1 x 72.4 x 9.4 mm (5.87 x 2.85 x 0.37 in)
Weight 180 g (6.35 oz)
Keyboard QWERTY
SIM Nano-SIM
- Capacitive touch 4-row BlackBerry keyboard
DISPLAY
Type IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 4.5 inches (~55.9% screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution 1080 x 1620 pixels (~433 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch Yes
Protection Corning Gorilla Glass 4
PLATFORM
OS Android 7.1 (Nougat)
Chipset Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625
CPU Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
GPU Adreno 506
MEMORY
Card slot microSD, up to 256 GB
Internal 32 GB, 3 GB RAM
CAMERA
Primary 12 MP, f/2.0, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
Features 1/2.3'' sensor size, 1.55µm pixel size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
Video 2160p@30fps
Secondary 8 MP, f/2.2, 1.12 µm pixel size, 1080p
SOUND
Alert types Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
Loudspeaker Yes
3.5mm jack Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
COMMS
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
Bluetooth 4.2, A2DP, LE, EDR
GPS Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS2
NFC Yes
Radio FM radio
USB 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
FEATURES
Sensors Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Messaging SMS, MMS, Email, Push Email, IM, BBM
Browser HTML5
Java No
- Fast battery charging: 50% in 36 min (Quick Charge 3.0)
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FlAC player
- DivX/Xvid/MP4/H.265 player
- Photo/video editor
- Document viewer
BATTERY
Non-removable Li-Ion 3505 mAh battery
MISC
Colors Black
Price About 600 EUR
TESTS
Performance Basemark OS II: 1169 / Basemark OS II 2.0: 1132
Basemark X: 10445
Display Contrast ratio: 1756:1 (nominal)
Loudspeaker Voice 62dB / Noise 66dB / Ring 67dB
Audio quality Noise -92.2dB / Crosstalk -96.4dB
Battery life Endurance rating 81h

Phone that won't accommodate WhatsApp, is that
one a phone?
Re: Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 21, 2017
Nebuchadnezar:
[s][/s]
quality indeed

so tell me what's new in the blackberry?
snapdragon 625
ram
camera
etc

see as far as mobile market is concerned
blackberry is a dead brand

let me tell you what you don't know
any brand that doesn't have second hand value (whether you want to sell or not)
is not a good brand

all top quality brand must have second hand value
examples iphone Samsung Gucci etc

so you don't know anything about brand

this is just an expensive rubbish

The problem with people like you is that you believe you know everything where as, you know nothing. Blackberry keyone isn't produced for top end tasks so why put up a 4GB RAM or SD 835 in it?

It's a phone for productivity and it does just that amazingly. The SD 625 makes it have an excellent battery life and it's got good camera.
Getting shit done is really the entire ethos of the new KeyOne, and arguably, the many BlackBerry devices that preceded it. The KeyOne is a phone for a very specific person, one that longs for the days when the BlackBerry Bold was the most important device in the office and the majority of business communications happened over email. It’s not the best choice for watching hours of YouTube videos, sending thousands of Snaps, or reading novel-length ebooks (though it can technically do all of those things). It is for sending email. Lots of email.

Op didn't ship the phone to sell it tommorow. He bought it for his enjoyment and when he's ready to sell it, interested buyer will surely pick it up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 21, 2017
HAH:
I love phones with physical keypads

I don't know why other phonemakers don't want to make phones with physical keypad? Is it that difficult?
physical keyboard is outdated now. Benefits of on-screen keyboard outweighs that of physical keys.
Re: Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone by jaxxy(m): 6:41pm On Jul 21, 2017
d33types:
You dumped a note 5 for this? What a wonderful specie you are!!!

Yeah I bypassed d note 5 also cos of memory slot issues cos i need dat bt not for a blackberry tho. I lost my trust for dat brand years ago. However the keyone looks cool bt is it durable is d question.
Re: Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 21, 2017
DONFASZY:
BlackBerry is d most useless fone I ve use
I brought my BlackBerry Passport for 148k
UK use is nw 40k witin a space of 1yr
Ur BlackBerry will b 25k in 2018
Go n try samsung,u go c levels

The difference between your passport and KeyOne is the OS. Know differences of stuffs before talking about it

1 Like

Re: Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone by Nebuchadnezar: 6:42pm On Jul 21, 2017
[s]
ollah1:

The problem with people like you is that you believe you know everything where as, you know nothing. Blackberry keyone isn't produced for top end tasks so why put up a 4GB RAM or SD 835 in it?

It's a phone for productivity and it does just that amazingly. The SD 625 makes it have an excellent battery life and it's got good camera.
Getting shit done is really the entire ethos of the new KeyOne, and arguably, the many BlackBerry devices that preceded it. The KeyOne is a phone for a very specific person, one that longs for the days when the BlackBerry Bold was the most important device in the office and the majority of business communications happened over email. It’s not the best choice for watching hours of YouTube videos, sending thousands of Snaps, or reading novel-length ebooks (though it can technically do all of those things). It is for sending email. Lots of email.

Op didn't ship the phone to sell it tommorow. He bought it for his enjoyment and when he's ready to sell it, interested buyer will surely pick it up.

[/s]

Why shooting yourself in the foot

you just confirmed in your first paragraph that it's an overpriced trash of a dead brand

kiss the truth

3 Likes

Re: Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone by CaptPlanet(m): 6:42pm On Jul 21, 2017
Nma27:
So this phone can buy 2 plots of land in Abuja

It cant even buy half a plot in kuchingoro or zauda areas in abuja...
Re: Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone by Maturedkid(m): 6:43pm On Jul 21, 2017
I dont believe the OP is telling the truth I think he is just a marketer who wants to help BlackBerry sell their brand, cause there is no justification for that price with the recent spec of other phones being cheaper, with better spec.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone by noirsangre(m): 6:44pm On Jul 21, 2017
Ivegotsolutions:
I got fad-up with Samsung style of coping IPhone. My last Samsung phone was Note 5, I was mad each time the phone signals me of low memory. How on earth did I pay so much money for a phone without memory Slot? At a point, I was about swapping the Note 5 for Tecno Phantom. All Samsung phone look alike so I decided to try something else. I heard of BlackBerry Keyone and I loved everything about the phone.

The Price is 227,000

For you to say Samsung is copying apple means you've not seen/used any samsung phone in the past 2 years.

The design of iphones and the newer samsung galaxy series are miles apart not to talk of the features.

I use God beg you, no talk like that again.

6 Likes

Re: Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone by Kyase(m): 6:44pm On Jul 21, 2017
Ivegotsolutions:

They priced it rubish at computer village, I had to give it my wife.
heart break. Weeping..
Re: Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone by CaptPlanet(m): 6:45pm On Jul 21, 2017
Nebuchadnezar:
[s][/s]
quality indeed

so tell me what's new in the blackberry?
snapdragon 625
ram
camera
etc

see as far as mobile market is concerned
blackberry is a dead brand

let me tell you what you don't know
any brand that doesn't have second hand value (whether you want to sell or not)
is not a good brand

all top quality brand must have second hand value
examples iphone Samsung Gucci etc

so you don't know anything about brand

this is just an expensive rubbish

I'm sure the op knew that all those phone u mentioned were in the market before going for the one he bought.

He didn't collect money from you to buy the phone so I don't understand why its paining you like this.

1 Like

Re: Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone by SycophanticGoat: 6:45pm On Jul 21, 2017
Rorachy:
Fad up cheesy.

Lmao! Money wey OP for take employ part time English teacher, E use am buy expensive phone with poor specs.

Instead of him to buy OnePlus 5 with that money and get the value for his money.. SmH

On a more serious note, whoever buys this piece of crap (with such poor specs) for such a huge amount of money should have one of his testįcles ripped out of his nuts sack, and used to play tennis.
Re: Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 21, 2017
CaptPlanet:

It cant even buy half a plot in kuchingoro or zauda areas in abuja...
Come to dutse or Bwari

1 Like

Re: Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone by ycmdng(m): 6:46pm On Jul 21, 2017
ollah1:
"You got tired of Samsung copying Apple's iPhone". So Apple don't copy Samsung's Galaxy or other phones?

Keyone is a great phone and I hope you bought the new one sent by TCL / BlackBerry cos they previous bathes seems to have a problem with the material used.

You surely gonna enjoy the phone. I love the idea of fingerprint on the spacebar and the keyboard is outta this world.

Btw op, you can't just take few pictures and copy paste the specs online then label this thread "unboxing". Do a better job sir

Note 8 or Note FE be fast. I need to retire this S6 Edge

Note 8 will be lauched 8:23:2017 meaning 23rd of nxt month while is already out in South Korean market.
Re: Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 21, 2017
ikp120:
Please I'm interested in the plots land. Please what's the location?
I was joking
Re: Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 21, 2017
Misterdhee1:

Where in Abuja
Bwari and Dutse

1 Like

Re: Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone by Nebuchadnezar: 6:48pm On Jul 21, 2017
[s]
CaptPlanet:

I'm sure the op knew that all those phone u mentioned were in the market before going for the one he bought.

He didn't collect money from you to buy the phone so I don't understand why its paining you like this.
[/s]
Nonsense trash

1 Like

Re: Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone by Hidhupz: 6:48pm On Jul 21, 2017
So bb is now doing Nokia charger

1 Like

Re: Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone by krysTein(m): 6:48pm On Jul 21, 2017
VictorJoshua:
The Opening Statement Of The Above Topic Is Quite 'dope'.Did Anyone See Wat I Saw?
Nice Phone Anyway.

fad up grin
VictorJoshua:
The Opening Statement Of The Above Topic Is Quite 'dope'.Did Anyone See Wat I Saw?
Nice Phone Anyway.

fad up
Re: Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone by LordAdam16: 6:49pm On Jul 21, 2017
Namzy:
227k for a qualcomm 625 phone with 32gb rom and 3gb ram and 1080p screen same specs as my redmi note 4x I bought 48k with mine having better 4100mah battery. Blackberry why?

And the guy was even shading Samsung.

Most KeyONE buyers are pkb enthusiasts. The OP is clearly not part of this crowd, nor does he sound like a professional who only uses his phone for the bare essentials.

Sure the battery life is superb and the regular updates are cool, but seriously SD 625 and 3GB RAM for 600 EUR. When same price would get the 1+5 (6GB RAM+128GB ROM+SD 835+DUAL CAMERA) or LG G6 with change.

Who in his right mind says Samsung copies the iPhone? Who in his right mind complains of the lack of expandable memory on the Note 5 when Sammy corrected their error on the S7, S7E, N7FE, S8, and S8+?

The entire opening paragraph was unnecessary, except say the last sentence. I sure love the KeyONE, call it pkb nostalgia, but it in all fairness has no bragging right against even well-designed upper mid-range phones. BB/TCL is getting away with the "absurd" pricing only because it is a niche product--the only of its kind out there.

-Lord

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone by Stevengerd(m): 6:49pm On Jul 21, 2017
#227, 000 for phone. Hmmm! living things, ki emi sha ti lowo!!! Money stops nonsense
Re: Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 21, 2017
[b][Op you bought rubbish.. 6 months from now you will beg someone to buy this phone for 20k./b]
Re: Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone by charlesucheh(m): 6:53pm On Jul 21, 2017
I love BlackBerry with all my heart!

1 Like

Re: Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 21, 2017
ycmdng:

Note 8 will be lauched 8:23:2017 meaning 23rd of nxt month while is already out in South Korean market.

Yes i know. I'm waiting patiently for either of the phones. It's not certain Note FE will make it outta SK but Note 8 will surely be released globally.
Re: Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone by MrIcredible: 6:56pm On Jul 21, 2017
[s]
Ivegotsolutions:

The Price is 227,000

Am loving this phone!!!

Checkout the specifications.

Also known as BlackBerry Mercury
NETWORK
Technology
GSM / HSPA / LTE
LAUNCH
Announced 2017, February
Status Available. Released 2017, April
BODY
Dimensions 149.1 x 72.4 x 9.4 mm (5.87 x 2.85 x 0.37 in)
Weight 180 g (6.35 oz)
Keyboard QWERTY
SIM Nano-SIM
- Capacitive touch 4-row BlackBerry keyboard
DISPLAY
Type IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 4.5 inches (~55.9% screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution 1080 x 1620 pixels (~433 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch Yes
Protection Corning Gorilla Glass 4
PLATFORM
OS Android 7.1 (Nougat)
Chipset Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625
CPU Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
GPU Adreno 506
MEMORY
Card slot microSD, up to 256 GB
Internal 32 GB, 3 GB RAM
CAMERA
Primary 12 MP, f/2.0, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
Features 1/2.3'' sensor size, 1.55µm pixel size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
Video 2160p@30fps
Secondary 8 MP, f/2.2, 1.12 µm pixel size, 1080p
SOUND
Alert types Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
Loudspeaker Yes
3.5mm jack Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
COMMS
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
Bluetooth 4.2, A2DP, LE, EDR
GPS Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS2
NFC Yes
Radio FM radio
USB 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
FEATURES
Sensors Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Messaging SMS, MMS, Email, Push Email, IM, BBM
Browser HTML5
Java No
- Fast battery charging: 50% in 36 min (Quick Charge 3.0)
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FlAC player
- DivX/Xvid/MP4/H.265 player
- Photo/video editor
- Document viewer
BATTERY
Non-removable Li-Ion 3505 mAh battery
MISC
Colors Black
Price About 600 EUR
TESTS
Performance Basemark OS II: 1169 / Basemark OS II 2.0: 1132
Basemark X: 10445
Display Contrast ratio: 1756:1 (nominal)
Loudspeaker Voice 62dB / Noise 66dB / Ring 67dB
Audio quality Noise -92.2dB / Crosstalk -96.4dB
Battery life Endurance rating 81h
[/s]
Rubbish!
Waste of money
What's the difference between this phone's and Blackberry priv?
Re: Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone by Dynamite02: 6:57pm On Jul 21, 2017
Please any naija review on "BlackBerry Aurora - 7.0 Nougat - Dual Sim"? Saw it on konga ,want to buy but I need reviews.....abeeeeg!!!!!!!
Re: Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone by tbliss22(m): 6:59pm On Jul 21, 2017
SycophanticGoat:

Lmao! Money wey OP for take employ part time English teacher, E use am buy expensive phone with poor specs.

Instead of him to buy OnePlus 5 with that money and get the value for his money.. SmH

On a more serious note, whoever buys this piece of cap (with such poor specs) for such a huge amount of money should have one of his testįcles ripped out of his nuts sack, and used to play tennis.

lolz, ah wetin OP do u na? Na him money oo my guy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 21, 2017
LordAdam16:

And the guy was even shading Samsung.

Most KeyONE buyers are pkb enthusiasts. The OP is clearly not part of this crowd, nor does he sound like a professional who only uses his phone for the bare essentials.

Sure the battery life is superb and the regular updates are cool, but seriously SD 625 and 3GB RAM for 600 EUR. When same price would get the 1+5 (6GB RAM+128GB ROM+SD 835+DUAL CAMERA) or LG G6 with change.

Who in his right mind says Samsung copies the iPhone? Who in his right mind complains of the lack of expandable memory on the Note 5 when Sammy corrected their error on the S7, S7E, N7FE, S8, and S8+?

The entire opening paragraph was unnecessary, except say the last sentence. I sure love the KeyONE, call it pkb nostalgia, but it in all fairness has no bragging right against even well-designed upper mid-range phones. BB/TCL is getting away with the "absurd" pricing only because it is a niche product--the only of its kind out there.

-Lord
exactly the phone i wanted to mention, the OnePlus 5. This seriously is a waste of money.
Re: Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone by LordAdam16: 7:03pm On Jul 21, 2017
DONFASZY:
BlackBerry is d most useless fone I ve use
I brought my BlackBerry Passport for 148k
UK use is nw 40k witin a space of 1yr
Ur BlackBerry will b 25k in 2018
Go n try samsung,u go c levels

Wetin u go kon yarn for LG phones?

LG G5 released at North of $650 last yr is less than $250 this yr. Mk we no even enter 'used' price.

Best value phones are iPhones, Galaxies, and Xperias (you no go 2 c buyers sha)...

Any other phone, give am 6 months after release b4 u buy. LG G6 don enter $400 territory from $600s from the beginning of the year.

-Lord
Re: Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone by Liberal85(m): 7:07pm On Jul 21, 2017
Namzy:
227k for a qualcomm 625 phone with 32gb rom and 3gb ram and 1080p screen same specs as my redmi note 4x I bought 48k with mine having better 4100mah battery. Blackberry why?
You'll probably exhaust 10 redmi notes before this BlackBerry gets a scratch on it,trust me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Phone Call Log Is Not Updating & Missed Calls Are Not Showing, Pls Help / Official Thread For PES 2017 Android Game : Download Here / Lady's Iphone 7 Plus Explodes (Photos/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.