Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Yar'adua Will Handover To Jonathan - Special Adviser - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Will Handover To Jonathan - Special Adviser (5878 Views)

Basketmouth Wants GEJ To Handover To Buhari Now!! / Jonathan Will Handover On 29 May – FG / Gunmen Invades Jonathan's Special Assistant's Home In Yenegoa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar'adua Will Handover To Jonathan - Special Adviser by debosky(m): 6:45pm On Feb 05, 2010
[size=15pt]Yar’Adua ‘ll hand over to Jonathan – Abba-Aji[/size]
Headlines Feb 5, 2010

Ogbulafor, PDP leaders leave for Saudi, Sunday

By Emmanuel Aziken & Inalegwu Shaibu

ABUJA— PRESIDENT Umaru Yar’Adua will hand over to Vice-President Goodluck Jonathan after transmitting a letter of his medical vacation to the National Assembly, the Special Adviser to the President on National Assembly Matters, Senator Mohammed Abba-Aji said yesterday.

He said the President has been inaccessible to top Nigerian officials because he was being kept in the ward meant for the King of Saudi Arabia, with the best of security.

Youth group raise support for sick Yar’Adua at National Assembly Abuja. Photo by Gbemiga Olamikan

The revelation was upon pressure from the Peoples’ Democratic Party, PDP, caucus which Wednesday night, extended its ultimatum for President Yar’Adua to transmit the letter to February 15. The PDP senators also vowed not to accept any executive communication from Vice President Goodluck Jonathan in his present capacity, sources at the Wednesday night closed door meeting between the PDP national leadership and the senators disclosed.

Meanwhile, National Chairman of PDP, Prince Vincent Ogbulafor, and some other top party officials are to embark on a trip to Saudi Arabia on Sunday to meet President Yar‘Adua to secure the letter. Ogbulafor told PDP senators during the meeting at the residence of the Senate president that visas for the trip had already been obtained as he pleaded with the aggrieved senators to extend the submission of their resolution by one week.

Vanguard learnt that after some deliberation, the senators agreed to shift the deadline for the receipt of the letter to February 15, marking one week from the date of the expected trip to Saudi Arabia. Ogbulafor had begged that the journey could not be commenced immediately because of this Saturday’s governorship election in Anambra, as he promised that the visit would commence the following day.

Abba-Aji, after a closed door session with the Senate, disclosed the President’s readiness to transmit a letter of his vacation. His appearance, according to Vanguard sources at the closed door session, also appeared to widen the crack in the executive arm of government that first appeared after the reported memo from Information Minister, Prof. Dora Akunyili that President Yar’Adua should temporarily handover to his deputy while recuperating.
Re: Yar'adua Will Handover To Jonathan - Special Adviser by Mariory(m): 6:48pm On Feb 05, 2010
Yeah you beat me to it. smiley

The BBC is currently carrying this as breaking news also.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8501301.stm
Re: Yar'adua Will Handover To Jonathan - Special Adviser by manmustwac(m): 6:56pm On Feb 05, 2010
Mariory:

Yeah you beat me to it. smiley

The BBC is currently carrying this as breaking news also.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8501301.stm
me to
Re: Yar'adua Will Handover To Jonathan - Special Adviser by adejonny: 7:07pm On Feb 05, 2010
Na today day break?
What mr Rule of Law should have done long ago now he has waited till it no longer honorable. Hope those useless kitchen cabinet who misled him should be dealt with decisively. They think they can play God.
Re: Yar'adua Will Handover To Jonathan - Special Adviser by blackboi(m): 7:13pm On Feb 05, 2010
Thank God in anticipation! cheesy
Re: Yar'adua Will Handover To Jonathan - Special Adviser by Gekko(m): 7:18pm On Feb 05, 2010
The black king is a few moves from being checkmated. cool
Re: Yar'adua Will Handover To Jonathan - Special Adviser by Nobody: 7:19pm On Feb 05, 2010
waiting to do the right thing at the last minute is dishonourable to say the least undecided
Re: Yar'adua Will Handover To Jonathan - Special Adviser by Jaylon(m): 7:23pm On Feb 05, 2010
If this was coming from Turai, then I'll be more optimistic. I don't know about this Abba Aji fella.
Has he spoken to the President ? Has he been assured by the Northern cabal ?

Abeg, Let's just wait and see.
Re: Yar'adua Will Handover To Jonathan - Special Adviser by illusion2: 7:26pm On Feb 05, 2010
Rumours swelling around is that this is just a ruse to buy him a few more days. . . he's(Yar'Adull) alleged to already be in Abuja & his doctors have promised he'll be strong enough to make a public appearance by mid-Feb.

Naija for show !!
Re: Yar'adua Will Handover To Jonathan - Special Adviser by Beaf: 7:31pm On Feb 05, 2010
This is just another smokescreen. Dead men don't write letters.
Re: Yar'adua Will Handover To Jonathan - Special Adviser by oiseworld: 7:35pm On Feb 05, 2010
if the so called power can not heal him then he should hand over
Re: Yar'adua Will Handover To Jonathan - Special Adviser by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 05, 2010
another scene in the drama tongue tongue tongue
Am still glued to the screen sha
Re: Yar'adua Will Handover To Jonathan - Special Adviser by bawomolo(m): 8:12pm On Feb 05, 2010
good news.
Re: Yar'adua Will Handover To Jonathan - Special Adviser by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:12pm On Feb 05, 2010
i cannot believe the sheer depth of absurdity that politicians genuinely manufacture as reason and logic every waking day. it is jarringly profound and astronomically stupid. to realize that this is the sort of society that we have found ourselves in is akin to living in Satan's hell each waking moment because you cannot do anything about it except go to church or mosque and pray, Simply fascinating.  grin
Re: Yar'adua Will Handover To Jonathan - Special Adviser by Ken1: 8:18pm On Feb 05, 2010
D rule of law must surely b observed, as wat goes up mst surely come down. Thank God we wil b free of political redundancy
Re: Yar'adua Will Handover To Jonathan - Special Adviser by akigbemaru: 8:27pm On Feb 05, 2010
Yar dua, has been dead already. Just don't fool yourself. He might still be breathing but anytime they remove that breathing machine, he would definitely cross the expressline and would never come back. I have seen a lot of usual occasions, that is why I am firmly believed he can't make it back. Money does not cure brain damage ooooo.
Re: Yar'adua Will Handover To Jonathan - Special Adviser by Nixo: 8:28pm On Feb 05, 2010
debosky:

[size=15pt]Yar’Adua ‘ll hand over to Jonathan – Abba-Aji[/size]
Headlines Feb 5, 2010

He said the President has been inaccessible to top Nigerian officials because he was being kept in the ward meant for the King of Saudi Arabia, with the best of security. shocked shocked shocked

Who wants to kill you but yourself, is it by force to rule a country? best of security will not grant you good health man, Got that? grin grin grin
Re: Yar'adua Will Handover To Jonathan - Special Adviser by teeboy73: 8:38pm On Feb 05, 2010
Well. It's a shame. We need prayer in Nigeria. This should have been done a long time ago.

Anyway, forumites, Hvae you heard about Open Heavens, a devotional from Pastor E.A Adeboye of Redeemed
Christian Church, is now available as a mobile application? I think I should share this news. I just downloaded it and it's lovely to have mobile applications from nigerians. The entire book can be read on the phone. Guess what, it's cheaper than the print version.

Join this facebook page to read more as you can download in USA, UK, Nigeria anywhere in the world.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Open-Heavens-Mobile/258589046992
Re: Yar'adua Will Handover To Jonathan - Special Adviser by heritage00(m): 8:41pm On Feb 05, 2010
They will change story later grin grin
Re: Yar'adua Will Handover To Jonathan - Special Adviser by monkeyleg: 8:44pm On Feb 05, 2010
Victory for common sense
Re: Yar'adua Will Handover To Jonathan - Special Adviser by boyt1: 8:45pm On Feb 05, 2010
Turai Yaradua's  selfish moves to  remain a  1st Lady has politicized   the whole Drama of her husband's ill health.
She allowed PDP politics and quest for power to override her consciousness. why should she allow Politicians to toy around with your husbands health.  The welfare of Yaradua should have come 1st in Turai mind. instead she kept quite and played along with those Gangs of Notorious Politicians at the FEC.
Re: Yar'adua Will Handover To Jonathan - Special Adviser by Nobody: 8:48pm On Feb 05, 2010
illusion2:

Rumours swelling around is that this is just a ruse to buy him a few more days. . . he's(Yar'Adull) alleged to already be in Abuja & his doctors have promised he'll be strong enough to make a public appearance by mid-Feb.

Naija for show !!

You can believe in anything you like but know one thing. If Yar'adua has any chance of coming back to power, OBJ would not have made the open statements he made. Believe it or not, OBJ still has access to intelligence reports.

I AM WAITING FOR THE RESIGNATION OF MICHAEL AONDOAKAA FOR MISLEADING THE NATION AND OPENLY OBSTRUCTING THE CONSTITUTION FROM TAKING ITS COURSE.
Re: Yar'adua Will Handover To Jonathan - Special Adviser by MrCrackles(m): 8:52pm On Feb 05, 2010
Whether he hands over or not. . . It doesnt make any difference to the fact that Nigeria is fu/cked left, right and centre. . .
Jonathan is dumb and Yaradunce is a fluke. . .
Psssf!!!
Re: Yar'adua Will Handover To Jonathan - Special Adviser by fxmaxony(m): 9:14pm On Feb 05, 2010
Mute and just watching
Re: Yar'adua Will Handover To Jonathan - Special Adviser by Pharoh: 9:16pm On Feb 05, 2010
I hope this becomes reality soon. . . we are getting tired of this silly game.
Re: Yar'adua Will Handover To Jonathan - Special Adviser by jacobs123(m): 9:17pm On Feb 05, 2010
mikeansy:

You can believe in anything you like but know one thing. If Yar'adua has any chance of coming back to power, OBJ would not have made the open statements he made. Believe it or not, OBJ still has access to intelligence reports.

I AM WAITING FOR THE RESIGNATION OF MICHAEL AONDOAKAA FOR MISLEADING THE NATION AND OPENLY OBSTRUCTING THE CONSTITUTION FROM TAKING ITS COURSE.

That OBJ's move for me was one of the most important signals that we are in a post Umoru Yar Adua era (can't say so for Turai yet). I'm sure OBJ doesn't want to go to jail or be run out of town like Ribadu. For Shagari and co to come out again asking Yar Adua to resign tells me the man won't be exercising that executive powers again. Then, the information minister (American green card holder) asks that her boss should hand over and refuses to resign.

If Goodluck does not sack Aondoakaa (the most hated Nigerian) in his first 10 days as acting, then Goodluck is not worth that office.
Meanwhile, something tells me we are about to witness another looting frenzy (that will make Abdusalam Abubakar look like a saint) courtesy Patience Goodluck Jonathan. This woman and her husband have less than 2 years to steal enough to make them comfortable for the rest of their lives. (Goodluck is 52 years and the oldest of their children is not even in University yet, no weddings to celebrate!)

Something also tells me that if Nigeria doesn't get it right with Goodluck this time around, we can as well forget it!
Re: Yar'adua Will Handover To Jonathan - Special Adviser by iwefactria: 9:18pm On Feb 05, 2010
MrCrackles:

Whether he hands over or not. . . It doesnt make any difference to the fact that Nigeria is fu/cked left, right and centre. . .
J[b]onathan is dumb[/b] and Yaradunce is a fluke. . .
Psssf!!!

Exactly my point.
Re: Yar'adua Will Handover To Jonathan - Special Adviser by Beaf: 9:35pm On Feb 05, 2010

He said the President has been [b]inaccessible [/b]to top Nigerian officials because he was being kept in the ward meant for the King of Saudi Arabia, with the best of security.

Na prison? shocked shocked shocked shocked

Anyways, we prayerful Nigerians have watched with gleeful wonderment as our long dead president engaged all comers in rigorous games of squash in far away Saudi. His spare time was taken up in, signing every page of the 300 page budget, watching football and making lively phone calls to the BBC.
In recent times, he has also taken to writing power vacation letters, while keeping it secret that his real reason for being incommunicado is that he is dead.

. . .Now if all the above aren't massive accomplishments for a dead man, then I wonder what is. . . But we serve a "miracle working god" who has allowed a dead man rule us for very close to 3 months now. Wow!
Re: Yar'adua Will Handover To Jonathan - Special Adviser by SamMilla1(m): 9:38pm On Feb 05, 2010
This one more week is the most Dangerous time to Nigeria Democracy. If the army doesnt strike now, they wont strike again. So lets watch and Pray,
Re: Yar'adua Will Handover To Jonathan - Special Adviser by marocguy(m): 9:40pm On Feb 05, 2010
Naija drama. This should be act 5 scene 8

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial / Senate Starts Debate On Same-sex Marriage Prohibition Bill / Happy Independent: What Are We Doing In Our Own Way To Make Nigeria Better.?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.