Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,625 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Petition To Make The Nigerian Police Give Nigerians 3 Digit Emergency No - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Petition To Make The Nigerian Police Give Nigerians 3 Digit Emergency No (880 Views)

Missing Baby Not Exhumed From Sotitobire Church Akure - Ondo Police Give Updates / Police Give Food To Gracious David West, Port Harcourt Serial Killer / Man Who Promises To Give Nigerians Security Jobs In UAE Bursted For Scamming The (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Petition To Make The Nigerian Police Give Nigerians 3 Digit Emergency No by nevilbot: 12:00pm On Jul 21, 2017
I am a Nigerian living in the diaspora and I woke up to Twitter this morning to the Nigerian police official complaint handle sharing an 11 digit no for emergency and public complaints as they usually do on a monthly basis.

I started thinking about it and i cant but help wondering who will remember an 080XXXXX no in an emergency or who will have the time to be scrolling through his/her saved contact when in danger or trying to stay alive? If the nigerian police has a fully functional toll free emergency number that is 3 digits and easy to remember like the rest of the world, Nigerians will feel a little bit safe and some crimes will go down cus the perpetrators will know you can call the police with just your phone any where in the country.

We pride ourself as the giant of africa but even war torn Somalia has fully functional 3 digit emergency nos for all its emergency services. An average Nigerian kid knows the emergency no for the USA 911 from watching the movies but no one knows the emergency no of Nigeria.

That is why i have put it on myself to start a campaign and a petition to request the Nigerian authorities give us 3 digit emergency no before the end of 2017 with the hashtag #giveus3digitno on twitter considering the power of social media in the country.

I have also started an online petition to support this move and i will appreciate you going through it and signing it to get what we want

You can see and sign the petition at <a href="http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/petition-to-make-the-nigerian-police-give-nigerians-3-digit-nationwide-emergency-call-code-before-the-end-of-2017.html">Petition to make the Nigerian Police give Nigerians 3 digit Nationwide emergency call code before the end of 2017 | Online Petition</a>

plz lalasticlala and other super mods, i will really appreciate you guys pushing this to front page to gather traction and momentum

Thanks
Re: Petition To Make The Nigerian Police Give Nigerians 3 Digit Emergency No by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 21, 2017
You have never heard of the 112 emergency toll free numbers. Try to make findings before leading people astray.
Re: Petition To Make The Nigerian Police Give Nigerians 3 Digit Emergency No by nevilbot: 9:04pm On Jul 21, 2017
OYERINDEJ:
You have never heard of the 112 emergency toll free numbers. Try to make findings before leading people astray.

112 only works in Lagos and not the whole of the country sir. Go to the official twitter handle of the Nigerian police and still see them paste several 080*** no on it. This is still info I verified today so plz u should be d one to make findings .

The 112 u are referring to is an initiative of d Lagos state gov and it does not work outside Lagos. If it works like u are claiming, y is the Nigerian police still distributing 11 digit no's on twitter this morning?

I am talking abt a nationwide no not one that works in just one out of 36 states of d country!!! Get your facts right!!!
Re: Petition To Make The Nigerian Police Give Nigerians 3 Digit Emergency No by nevilbot: 9:05pm On Jul 21, 2017
OYERINDEJ:

And if u had taken time to read the petition, u will see that the 112 no for Lagos was made reference to!!
Re: Petition To Make The Nigerian Police Give Nigerians 3 Digit Emergency No by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 24, 2017
nevilbot:

112 only works in Lagos and not the whole of the country sir. Go to the official twitter handle of the Nigerian police and still see them paste several 080*** no on it. This is still info I verified today so plz u should be d one to make findings .

The 112 u are referring to is an initiative of d Lagos state gov and it does not work outside Lagos. If it works like u are claiming, y is the Nigerian police still distributing 11 digit no's on twitter this morning?

I am talking abt a nationwide no not one that works in just one out of 36 states of d country!!! Get your facts right!!!
kindly dial 112 from any part of Nigeria and see if someone picks or not, remove your sim as well and dial 112 if they don't pick inbox me.
Re: Petition To Make The Nigerian Police Give Nigerians 3 Digit Emergency No by nevilbot: 3:27pm On Jul 25, 2017
OYERINDEJ:

kindly dial 112 from any part of Nigeria and see if someone picks or not, remove your sim as well and dial 112 if they don't pick inbox me.

Bros its like u don't seem to understand my topic. I have called that 112 from several part of the country even having my friends call it. That no links to FRSC accident emergency line and not the Nigerian police!!!

I called it from akure today. It links u to FRSC accident line . My petition is for the Nigerian police who do not have an emergency short code no.

They still releases 0803*** no daily on dia twitter handle as emergency no. I can share dia twitter handle for u to verify if u are still doubting! Plz is FRSC not different from police? Is FRSC in charge of crime??

My petition is for the police to give us a 3 digit short code and plz we don't yet av that cus if they do, they won't be releasing 11 digit now daily on Twitter!!

(1) (Reply)

Husband Kills Wife As Crying Children Watch, Then Takes Own Life PHOTOS / Instagram Boutique Collection Scammer / Libyans Raped My Wife And Took Her Away, Edo Returnee Laments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.