Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

We Will Not Condone Agents Of Disunity In Our Region - Northern Elders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Not Condone Agents Of Disunity In Our Region - Northern Elders (697 Views)

We Are Worried About Movement Of Almajiris Into Our Region - SouthEast Governors / Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! / We Will Not Condone Cattle Rustling In Kogi – Yahaya Bello (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Not Condone Agents Of Disunity In Our Region - Northern Elders by djevino(m): 12:37pm On Jul 21, 2017
-The Northern Elders Forum warned agents of secession in the country to desist from it

- The NEF reminded those championing the agitation for secession to learn lessons from the Nigerian civil war

Northern elders in Nigeria have warned those fanning the embers of disunity in the country to immediately desist from it.

Under the Northern Elders Forum, the leaders in the region said Nigeria cannot break-up and that they were committed to this unity which started since 1914.

While cautioning against the quit notice issued to Igbo people in the north, they also described those agitating for secession as agents of disunity.

They also condemned some elders in the region for making alleged unguarded comments that could further cause chaos in the country.

“It is unfortunate that at this moment, such unguided remarks are coming out from supposedly elders of the region,” a leader of the forum, Dr. Paul Unongo said when he paid a condolence visit to the family of late Maitama Sule.

According to Unongo, those causing troubles in the country do not understand the reality of the country.

He also said those issuing the quit notice and are speaking in favour of it do not represent the north and have not learnt any lesson from the Nigerian civil war.

He said: “No safe haven of those whose penchant for disunity is on a crude pedestal, regardless of the consequences of their campaign of attrition.

“An evidence of our commitment as one northern entity and to sustain the legacy left behind by Danmasanin is the decision of my colleagues in the Forum to trust me with its leadership.”
Re: We Will Not Condone Agents Of Disunity In Our Region - Northern Elders by djevino(m): 12:39pm On Jul 21, 2017
Re: We Will Not Condone Agents Of Disunity In Our Region - Northern Elders by cjrane: 12:42pm On Jul 21, 2017
All these northern elders grand standing is about stealing other regions OIL.

Southerners should not even worry about anything else.

JUST STOP THE OIL FLOW through hit and run. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

In time, they will realize they have more to gain in true federalism than trying to annex & cheat using military occupation

5 Likes

Re: We Will Not Condone Agents Of Disunity In Our Region - Northern Elders by vanbonattel: 12:42pm On Jul 21, 2017
Ok now
Re: We Will Not Condone Agents Of Disunity In Our Region - Northern Elders by sarrki(m): 12:44pm On Jul 21, 2017
Then you must start with Fulani herdsmen

Followed by boko boiz

Then I will take you guys serious
Re: We Will Not Condone Agents Of Disunity In Our Region - Northern Elders by pilot001: 12:50pm On Jul 21, 2017
sarrki:
Then you must start with Fulani herdsmen

Followed by boko boiz

Then I will take you guys serious
Is this the SARRKI I know or is this account hacked? shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: We Will Not Condone Agents Of Disunity In Our Region - Northern Elders by sarrki(m): 12:59pm On Jul 21, 2017
pilot001:

Is this the SARRKI I know or is this account hacked? shocked shocked

Am a patriot
Re: We Will Not Condone Agents Of Disunity In Our Region - Northern Elders by Yorobastard(m): 1:00pm On Jul 21, 2017
Ffg
Re: We Will Not Condone Agents Of Disunity In Our Region - Northern Elders by lazsnaira(m): 1:04pm On Jul 21, 2017
WHICH ELDER DEY NORTH?
Re: We Will Not Condone Agents Of Disunity In Our Region - Northern Elders by pilot001: 1:15pm On Jul 21, 2017
sarrki:

Am a patriot
Jesus is Lord. cheesy
Re: We Will Not Condone Agents Of Disunity In Our Region - Northern Elders by DozieInc(m): 1:16pm On Jul 21, 2017
Hypocrites.

Elders Ndi ala
Re: We Will Not Condone Agents Of Disunity In Our Region - Northern Elders by Luckylife(m): 1:17pm On Jul 21, 2017
sarrki:

Am a patriot

You just learnt the meaning of patriotism today !

Re: We Will Not Condone Agents Of Disunity In Our Region - Northern Elders by MediumStout(m): 2:13pm On Jul 21, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu has turned innocent igbo's into an object of ridicule. Watch as their red cap chiefs start running around for second round of unity begging. grin yet they claim they want biafra. By the time they realize the fraud that Kanu is, he would have become a billionaire at the expense of their gullibility

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Not Condone Agents Of Disunity In Our Region - Northern Elders by igbeke: 2:53pm On Jul 21, 2017
djevino:
-The Northern Elders Forum warned agents of secession in the country to desist from it

- The NEF reminded those championing the agitation for secession to learn lessons from the Nigerian civil war

Northern elders in Nigeria have warned those fanning the embers of disunity in the country to immediately desist from it.

Under the Northern Elders Forum, the leaders in the region said Nigeria cannot break-up and that they were committed to this unity which started since 1914.

While cautioning against the quit notice issued to Igbo people in the north, they also described those agitating for secession as agents of disunity.

They also condemned some elders in the region for making alleged unguarded comments that could further cause chaos in the country.

“It is unfortunate that at this moment, such unguided remarks are coming out from supposedly elders of the region,” a leader of the forum, Dr. Paul Unongo said when he paid a condolence visit to the family of late Maitama Sule.

According to Unongo, those causing troubles in the country do not understand the reality of the country.

He also said those issuing the quit notice and are speaking in favour of it do not represent the north and have not learnt any lesson from the Nigerian civil war.

He said: “No safe haven of those whose penchant for disunity is on a crude pedestal, regardless of the consequences of their campaign of attrition.

“An evidence of our commitment as one northern entity and to sustain the legacy left behind by Danmasanin is the decision of my colleagues in the Forum to trust me with its leadership.”

The more reason I dislike Hausa/Fulani and whatever they stand for.
Did you read through what you typed before posting it? That is the mentality in the north - you guys talk as if you own Nigeria. And that is the problem the Igbos have with you.
If heaven will fall, then everyone must be prepared to be crushed.
Let everyone go and let's see who feels the heat most - parasites or the hosts.

(1) (Reply)

Cooking Gas The Danger We Live With / Latest : Nnamdi Kanu Reveals Real Reason He Is Struggling For Biafra / Just Like Uwazuruike, I’ll Speak With Nnamdi Kanu And He’ll Listen – Orji Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.