Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Flora Nwapa: Nigeria And Africa's First Female Novelist (Biography) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Flora Nwapa: Nigeria And Africa's First Female Novelist (Biography) (17997 Views)

Google Pay Homage To Late Nigeria Female Novelist / Novelist/writers Whatsapp Group / Google Celebrates Nigerian Author - Flora Nwapa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flora Nwapa: Nigeria And Africa's First Female Novelist (Biography) by Lionofdjungle: 6:26pm On Jul 24, 2017
I used to think that Flora Nwapa was a feminist but I was surprised to read here that she wasn't. Going by the definition of a feminist writer given here, I agree that she wasn't.
Re: Flora Nwapa: Nigeria And Africa's First Female Novelist (Biography) by misspineapple(f): 6:32pm On Jul 24, 2017
Martin0:
yeah we thank God,do u base,sorry to ask..
Do i base?or where do i base?
Re: Flora Nwapa: Nigeria And Africa's First Female Novelist (Biography) by McTobe(m): 6:46pm On Jul 24, 2017
Evablizin:
cool Thirded
Fourthconded and I Concurr

1 Like

Re: Flora Nwapa: Nigeria And Africa's First Female Novelist (Biography) by McTobe(m): 6:53pm On Jul 24, 2017
desmond2pk:
Correction. Cow killer or ogbuefi is a title for women only while men have their title as ogubagu, lion killer. So whoever posted this should immediately make correction.
It depends on d part of Igboland U are talking about, Ogbuefi/Ogbuehi is never and have never been a title reserved for women. Rather it is given only to women dat outdo their equals, it is a privileged title reserved for a rare few woman. Basically it is Title for d men
Re: Flora Nwapa: Nigeria And Africa's First Female Novelist (Biography) by Dubem85: 6:57pm On Jul 24, 2017
Igbo amaka!
Re: Flora Nwapa: Nigeria And Africa's First Female Novelist (Biography) by Organs(m): 8:28pm On Jul 24, 2017
lonelydora:
Biafra has been producing intellectuals since 45BC.

Its boasts like this that undermines Biafra. She is accomplished in her own rights, you can boast all you want, but a Yoruba boy can say all of them put together none came close to Wole Soyinka's nobel prize, so what?? Stop the boasting, i personally admire and respect as well as like Chinua Achebe, Cyprian Ekwensi and my #1 author ChukwuEmeka Ike more than Wole, but just stop the boasting doesnt help anyone. We all are Nigerians.
Re: Flora Nwapa: Nigeria And Africa's First Female Novelist (Biography) by jantavanta(m): 8:29pm On Jul 24, 2017
Lionofdjungle:
I used to think that Flora Nwapa was a feminist but I was surprised to read here that she wasn't. Going by the definition of a feminist writer given here, I agree that she wasn't.

I think she was more into what Prof Ubianuju Acholonu called Motherism, rather than Feminism.
Re: Flora Nwapa: Nigeria And Africa's First Female Novelist (Biography) by Martin0(m): 8:41pm On Jul 24, 2017
misspineapple:
Do i base?or where do i base?
Where do u base ee
Re: Flora Nwapa: Nigeria And Africa's First Female Novelist (Biography) by misspineapple(f): 10:46pm On Jul 24, 2017
Martin0:
Where do u base ee
Lagos
Re: Flora Nwapa: Nigeria And Africa's First Female Novelist (Biography) by Titugirl(f): 2:02am On Jul 25, 2017
I've read Efuru..its kul
Re: Flora Nwapa: Nigeria And Africa's First Female Novelist (Biography) by Martin0(m): 6:50am On Jul 25, 2017
misspineapple:
Lagos
owk...
Re: Flora Nwapa: Nigeria And Africa's First Female Novelist (Biography) by Codedrock(m): 8:14am On Aug 13, 2017
Re: Flora Nwapa: Nigeria And Africa's First Female Novelist (Biography) by shyanaa: 7:17am On May 25, 2018
Mhmmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Could This Be Love (my Boss) / Chimamanda Adichie At Chatham House London, Delivered Keynote Address (Pics) / The Promise Keeper ( A Story By Uncutz)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.