Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,129 members, 7,811,191 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Can Someone Xplain This::::::::::::::::::::::::: - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Someone Xplain This::::::::::::::::::::::::: (2154 Views)

Sm1 Should Plz Xplain Proverbs 26:4-5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Xplain This::::::::::::::::::::::::: by playahP(m): 11:52pm On Feb 05, 2010
In the bible, when the disciples spoke in tongues, they spoke the language(s) that the locals could understand but in Nigeria, they speak alien languages
Re: Can Someone Xplain This::::::::::::::::::::::::: by AbuZola3(m): 12:02am On Feb 06, 2010
Hahaha. , thanks man, atleast u have an oita of reasoning unlike the cross worshippers
Re: Can Someone Xplain This::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 12:13am On Feb 06, 2010
Abu Zola:

Hahaha. , thanks man, atleast u have an oita of reasoning unlike the cross worshippers
ode, isnt it better to worship christ who taught peace&love,than to follow a criminal like mohammad,whose anticident isnt better than those of Abacha&sadaam husein?
Re: Can Someone Xplain This::::::::::::::::::::::::: by AbuZola3(m): 12:29am On Feb 06, 2010
Lets see what jesus taught.

Mathew 10:30-36
'Do not think that i have come to bring peace on earth, i have not come to bring peace but a sword, For i have come to set a man against his father , and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes will be those of his own household'

shocked
Re: Can Someone Xplain This::::::::::::::::::::::::: by playahP(m): 12:36am On Feb 06, 2010
I JUST NEED ANSWERS,
STOP ARGUING
WHERE ARE ALL THE PASTORS
Re: Can Someone Xplain This::::::::::::::::::::::::: by AbuZola3(m): 1:02am On Feb 06, 2010
playah P:

I JUST NEED ANSWERS,
STOP ARGUING
WHERE ARE ALL THE PASTORS

hiding shocked
Re: Can Someone Xplain This::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 2:38am On Feb 06, 2010
Abu Zola:

Lets see what jesus taught.

Mathew 10:30-36
'Do not think that i have come to bring peace on earth, i have not come to bring peace but a sword, For i have come to set a man against his father , and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes will be those of his own household'

shocked

he was referring to people of your nature who can kill anyone who converts, regardless how they're affiliated with you.
Re: Can Someone Xplain This::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 2:39am On Feb 06, 2010
@ poster

beware of generalization and asking silly questions
Re: Can Someone Xplain This::::::::::::::::::::::::: by afiq(m): 3:17am On Feb 06, 2010
The pastors will reply when u talk about their favourite subject *TITHE*
Re: Can Someone Xplain This::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Fhemmmy: 3:32am On Feb 06, 2010
That "Alien" Language is not for you to understand, they are not communicating with you but God and God is yet to complain that He cant understand what they are saying.
I think we pay too much attention to things that dont even matter.
Re: Can Someone Xplain This::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Joagbaje(m): 3:37am On Feb 06, 2010
There is a thread on this already.God allowed them to speak in known language for a special purpose on that day. because people came from different nations and God allowed such a spectacular manifestation and thousands were reached for christ from the different nations. but that doesnt mean speaking in tongues must be done in a known language even though that still have is certain situation. There are different ways of speaking in tongues.
Paul talked about tongues of angels and tongues of men.

1 Cor. 13:1
   Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

It doesnt always have to be in tongues of men (language)

Isaiah 28:11
   For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

some stammering or repetitons are noticed ,it is ok The issue is not how eloquent but the power that was released from the spirit. shakababala or whatever. There are even worst ones! like groaning in the spirit , singing in the spirit , laughing etc. They are ways the spirit helps us to pray in the will of God.

Romans 8:26
   Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

So if someone groan and it make sense in heaven how much the one that could pronounce some "nonsense"

1 Cor. 14:14
   For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

There are times while praying in tongues that it get to a point you cant even say word again, no more shkabrakabalaba, all you just experience is groans, or strange sounds. Do you know what groan is. like someone trying to shit a harrd shit! or a woman in labour.

Jesus did it too.  When lazarus died, The only prayer Jesus did was to groan in the spirit.

John 11:33
   When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit,,

John 11:38
   Jesus therefore again groaning in himself cometh to the grave. It was a cave, and a stone lay upon it.

John 11:41-43

Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me. [42] And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me. [43] And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.

He thanked God for hearing him,but he never made a prayer ,except the groan he made in the spirit.So the issue is not how the thing soun but where it is coming from and the power that is discharged.

Now what most people used today to attack tongues is 1Cor 14: e.g interpretation and so on.You know the corinthian church was troublesome to Paul , they abused spiritual gift. somebody could give prophesy int tongues there. Imagine someone says " thus saith the lord", shakabradada sbbebbe. amen! and sits down. They ask another person to round up service in prayer and he says " Father, shabododbobdodo kokoko. Amen"

It is wrong to speak tongues, when you give prophecy or you are praying on behalf of others cooperately

1 Cor. 14:16
   Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest?

If you must do that you need to interprete the "brakalabala rekete" or else keep quiet.
the whole church can pray individually to God in tongues if its an instruction cooperately. and you can talk to God in tongues individualy, but if you must talk to the church, "English please"
Re: Can Someone Xplain This::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Fhemmmy: 3:39am On Feb 06, 2010
At same time, God says He give some the spirit of tongue and some the spirit to interpret, let us argue with a purpose
Re: Can Someone Xplain This::::::::::::::::::::::::: by AbuZola3(m): 10:08am On Feb 06, 2010
Tpia, you can see what ur peaceful jesus came to earth to do, spread hatred. Lmao. I like this
Re: Can Someone Xplain This::::::::::::::::::::::::: by muhsin(m): 1:18pm On Feb 06, 2010
tpia.:

@ poster

beware of generalization and asking silly questions

Where is illusion2?
Re: Can Someone Xplain This::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 06, 2010
^^ I retired that user id in the meantime.

if you dont like this one (tpia) then I'll humor you and bring illusion2 back.
Re: Can Someone Xplain This::::::::::::::::::::::::: by ymdo(m): 7:41pm On Feb 06, 2010
tpia.:

he was referring to people of your nature who can kill anyone who converts, regardless how they're affiliated with you.

so your human god is cause of all the hatred and killings in the world today. cry cry cry

playah P:

In the bible, when the disciples spoke in tongues, they spoke the language(s) that the locals could understand but in Nigeria, they speak alien languages

they are saying nonsense.they say non can interprete it just to cover up for their lies. I fear o
Re: Can Someone Xplain This::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 06, 2010
^^ yeah, whatever.

dry your tears
Re: Can Someone Xplain This::::::::::::::::::::::::: by AbuZola3(m): 12:18pm On Feb 07, 2010
tpia.:

^^ yeah, whatever.

dry your tears

kikikikiki The truth hurt
Re: Can Someone Xplain This::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 07, 2010
I thought pple on nairald r elite nt knwin sum r ilite, Y cant we respond 2 a thread witout insult, 4 GOD Seek, messagers of GOD.
Re: Can Someone Xplain This::::::::::::::::::::::::: by AbuZola3(m): 6:10pm On Feb 07, 2010
Okay man
Re: Can Someone Xplain This::::::::::::::::::::::::: by yeswecan(m): 7:16pm On Feb 07, 2010
@Abu Zola . . . on the real you irritate me, i mean i just ate and its coming up.
Re: Can Someone Xplain This::::::::::::::::::::::::: by AbuZola3(m): 7:30pm On Feb 07, 2010
Hmmm
Re: Can Someone Xplain This::::::::::::::::::::::::: by ssumpta(f): 7:47pm On Feb 07, 2010
Abu Zola . Why don't u concentrate on ur own religion, and worship ur own god, since u can never be convinced nor can u convince anyone. Instead of criticizing pple n
nitpicking.
poster. Let me tell u sth. U hv a point, and its been said in d bible dat of wat use is speaking in tongues if none can interprete rite, but d bible seems contradictory on so many points coz there always be sb who disagrees, and with succinct quotes frm d bible as well.
so to each his own, on d last day, everybody go confess. what is true is true. whether u knew or believed or understood it or not.
Re: Can Someone Xplain This::::::::::::::::::::::::: by yeswecan(m): 7:51pm On Feb 07, 2010
This is [b]Abu Zola'[/b]s profile picture , this brainwashed kid is the main reason why i don't come around the religion-Forum any more.

Re: Can Someone Xplain This::::::::::::::::::::::::: by AbuZola3(m): 8:59pm On Feb 07, 2010
@yeswecan- how does my profile affect ur mind, i thought lying is shun in christendom so why lying
Re: Can Someone Xplain This::::::::::::::::::::::::: by ymdo(m): 6:59am On Feb 08, 2010
ssumpta:

poster. Let me tell u sth. U hv a point, and its been said in d bible dat of wat use is speaking in tongues if none can interprete rite, but d bible seems contradictory on so many points coz there always be sb who disagrees, and with succinct quotes frm d bible as well.
so to each his own, on d last day, everybody go confess. what is true is true. whether u knew or believed or understood it or not.

yeah. contradictory
Re: Can Someone Xplain This::::::::::::::::::::::::: by AbuZola3(m): 11:16am On Feb 08, 2010
To
Re: Can Someone Xplain This::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 08, 2010
yes Abuzola's profile picture spoke volumes,thats exactly what is gonna happen anyways,we are planning it already just save yourself of all those shrines(churches)that youre building or else its just a waste of time and energy,

very soon,expect transformation in the whole world and nigeria particularly
Re: Can Someone Xplain This::::::::::::::::::::::::: by viaro: 11:47am On Feb 08, 2010
uplawal:

yes Abuzola's profile picture spoke volumes,
Huh? shocked

thats exactly what is gonna happen anyways,we are planning it already
Huh-huh?? shocked
Did I just read you say you're "planning it" - already? grin

just save yourself of all those shrines(churches)that youre building or else its just a waste of time and energy,
I remember you said you're "planning it", so no worries.

very soon,expect transformation in the whole world and nigeria particularly
The way you guys go about your "transformation", do you ever think of the lives you waste even among your own people?
Re: Can Someone Xplain This::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 12:00pm On Feb 08, 2010
thats not ur problem pls,just make sure ure not a christian before that time comes
Re: Can Someone Xplain This::::::::::::::::::::::::: by agathamari(f): 1:04pm On Feb 08, 2010
they spoke a language that was unknown to the majority of the people durring that time. there is no mention exactly what this language was. it could have been a dying language (one that was abandon for another), one they made up or one from another region of the continent.
Re: Can Someone Xplain This::::::::::::::::::::::::: by AbuZola3(m): 2:18pm On Feb 08, 2010
May Allah shower His blessing on you my sister. Amin

(1) (2) (Reply)

8 Things I Observed In Religion Section / Water Baptism, A Must? / Have You Scrutinized/criticised Your Belief System Or Do You Just Believe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.