Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,724 members, 7,955,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:58 PM

Robbers Remove Police Station’s Roof, Escape While Officers Were Sleeping - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Robbers Remove Police Station’s Roof, Escape While Officers Were Sleeping (882 Views)

Man Kills His Son And Daughter In Anambra While They Were Sleeping (Graphic) / Two 'armed Robbers' Lynched To Death In Bayelsa — But Two Escape While One Gets / Florida Woman 'Raped 14-Year-Old Boy While Her Husband & Kids Were Sleeping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robbers Remove Police Station’s Roof, Escape While Officers Were Sleeping by Drinokrane: 6:36am On Jul 22, 2017
The residents of Isheri Oshun in the outskirt of Lagos expressed shocked after the police claimed that the three robbers they arrested escaped in the night by removing the station’s ceiling and roof without any interruption from officers on duty.

It was reported that the residents claimed that the police officers on duty on that day were either sleeping, drunk or they were not telling the whole truth. It was gathered that the suspected robbers inside their cell were notorious criminals who were eventually arrested through the assistance of the residents.

However, they escaped through the roof in an operation that lasted for several hours. The following morning, the officers discovered that the roof of the cell had been damaged, removed and the suspects had escaped.

The police led by their Divisional Police Officer, one CSP Camelius moved into action and started manhunt for the suspects who were said to be at large.

Drinosblog reports that the police later arrested one Bashiru Rabiu for his alleged involvement in the cell break.

He was charged before Isolo Magistrates court for willful damage and escape from lawful custody under the criminal code.
The suspects denied any involvement and pleaded not guilty.

The prosecutor, Mr Oje Uagbale asked the court to grant the suspect bail so that he will come to face trial in the interest of justice.

The presiding Magistrate, Mr A.O. Ogbe granted Rabiu bail in the sum of N100,000 with two sureties in the like sum.
He was remanded in prison custody pending when he will perfect his bail condition.

Culled From; http://drinosblog..nl/2017/07/robbers-remove-police-stations-roof.html

LALASTICLALA FYNESTBOI MYND44

Re: Robbers Remove Police Station’s Roof, Escape While Officers Were Sleeping by collegegist: 6:38am On Jul 22, 2017
Nigeria my country
Re: Robbers Remove Police Station’s Roof, Escape While Officers Were Sleeping by Bullet01(f): 6:38am On Jul 22, 2017
Serious
Re: Robbers Remove Police Station’s Roof, Escape While Officers Were Sleeping by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 22, 2017
They collected bribe and freed the robbers. Shikena

2 Likes

Re: Robbers Remove Police Station’s Roof, Escape While Officers Were Sleeping by NwaAmaikpe: 6:41am On Jul 22, 2017
shocked

The robbers bailed themselves; afterall the police says "Bail is Free"

If there was anyone to be arrested and prosecuted.
It's the policemen on duty, for either negligence to duty or complicity to crime....But what do I know.
Nigeria is a zoo.

1 Like

Re: Robbers Remove Police Station’s Roof, Escape While Officers Were Sleeping by bamdly(m): 6:41am On Jul 22, 2017
Wait make I check d ;uice Ohh na sauce
Source
Re: Robbers Remove Police Station’s Roof, Escape While Officers Were Sleeping by bamdly(m): 6:41am On Jul 22, 2017
Wait make I check d ;uice Ohh na sauce
Source
Re: Robbers Remove Police Station’s Roof, Escape While Officers Were Sleeping by ikbnice(m): 6:42am On Jul 22, 2017
Prison break

1 Like

Re: Robbers Remove Police Station’s Roof, Escape While Officers Were Sleeping by klassykute(m): 6:42am On Jul 22, 2017
Hard to believe
Re: Robbers Remove Police Station’s Roof, Escape While Officers Were Sleeping by Kondomatic(m): 6:43am On Jul 22, 2017
This naija no go better again

I am going back to my village

Re: Robbers Remove Police Station’s Roof, Escape While Officers Were Sleeping by Lalas247(f): 6:46am On Jul 22, 2017
Nigerian Prison break 1.0 cheesy
Re: Robbers Remove Police Station’s Roof, Escape While Officers Were Sleeping by LilSmith55(m): 6:47am On Jul 22, 2017
Lol
Re: Robbers Remove Police Station’s Roof, Escape While Officers Were Sleeping by LilSmith55(m): 6:47am On Jul 22, 2017
Lol grin
Re: Robbers Remove Police Station’s Roof, Escape While Officers Were Sleeping by obynocute(m): 6:57am On Jul 22, 2017
na teeth dem use commot d nails for d roof? hmmmm...

lemme come and be going...

naija police I hail una ooo
Re: Robbers Remove Police Station’s Roof, Escape While Officers Were Sleeping by marshalcarter: 6:59am On Jul 22, 2017
lolzzzzzzz
Re: Robbers Remove Police Station’s Roof, Escape While Officers Were Sleeping by ybalogs(m): 7:01am On Jul 22, 2017
awon wereh ti gba egunje
Re: Robbers Remove Police Station’s Roof, Escape While Officers Were Sleeping by mofeoluwadassah: 7:03am On Jul 22, 2017
gbam!!!Lobatan sad
Re: Robbers Remove Police Station’s Roof, Escape While Officers Were Sleeping by ybalogs(m): 7:06am On Jul 22, 2017
They Really Expect Us To Believe This Lie?MadMen(Thieves) In Uniform.
Re: Robbers Remove Police Station’s Roof, Escape While Officers Were Sleeping by sleeknick: 7:11am On Jul 22, 2017
Na from clap dem dey enter dance oh
Re: Robbers Remove Police Station’s Roof, Escape While Officers Were Sleeping by kessling: 7:12am On Jul 22, 2017
#100000 bail for Rabiu but Diezani will get #50000 bail. How I love my country
Re: Robbers Remove Police Station’s Roof, Escape While Officers Were Sleeping by ademega(m): 7:14am On Jul 22, 2017
If the police want to do a good job they will tell the truth after investigation. Nija and different stories
Re: Robbers Remove Police Station’s Roof, Escape While Officers Were Sleeping by emmykey0128(m): 7:16am On Jul 22, 2017
Nigerian police are piece of crap, believe them at your own peril mtchwwwwww bunch of crazy people, dem don collect free those people for night come dey talk superstory

(1) (Reply)

Bokoharam Leader, Shekau Captured. / Top 5 Crimes Nigerians Were Involved In Abroad / Photos Of Bisexual Paedophile Bags 8 Years In Jail For Defiling A 4-yr-old Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.