Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick (4603 Views)

Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? / Is It Biblical To Be Baptised By Immersion Twice? / Holy Ghost Fire: Is It Biblical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by Martinez19(m): 10:44am On Jul 22, 2017
MrPresident1:

Say 'mo ti gbo yin' grin and put sir too.

Much of your raving here is due to lack of understanding.

Who spoke the Word? YAH
Who created science? YAH
Who created medicine? YAH

Choose your preferred mode of healing cheesy
What an escape route to prefer modern medicine. Religion is indeed the opium of the masses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by MrPresident1: 10:47am On Jul 22, 2017
Martinez19:
What an escape route to prefer modern medicine. Religion is indeed the opium of the masses.

I am not a religionist. I am a sharer of light, an illuminator. God is not in organised religion.

God is in good. God is all things good.

God is good.
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by GodsMopol: 11:05am On Jul 22, 2017
akintom:
The liberal Christians, and the Christians who are trying hard to bring reason and intelligence to bear on Christianity, are quick to say that it's stupidity, to reject drugs while praying to Yahweh to heal diseases.

James 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Drugs is allowed

akintom:
Though they hope to make Christianity, a religion devoid of illusion and delusion (which it's), by this "unbiblical" explanation. But they rejected Christianity entirely by that explanation.

About this, I would say, many Christians knows the Bible but they overbeat a verse. Overbeat in the sense that, okay, the complementary part of a verse might not be the next verse of that chapter so they end up using one verse to interprete one problem, when it might be expected they compare many verses

akintom:
Unbiblical? YES.

St. Matthew 10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

St. Matthew 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

James 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

James 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

we know through this verse that ailments are more demonic than Medicinal

Acts 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

healing all that are oppressed. Well, you don't need to believe me but I believe God never created sicknesses and diseases. So prayer can be made and if they are healed in the process, fine, but let them use drugs

akintom:
Romans14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: FOR WHATSOEVER IS NOT OF FAITH IS SIN.

Rom14:15 But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.

I saw this verse contradicting your point, same Chapter

akintom:
From the above verses, Christians have been told how diseases came into human experience and how to cure them. This was taught and commanded by Jesus (the author of Christianity) and his direct disciple.

According to Jesus,

akintom:
* divine healing is exercise of FAITH

very correct but peradventure they were not healed physically does that mean they are not healed even when they have been delivered from the devil oppressing them. Evidently faith was used and works was added.

akintom:
* taking drugs is exercise of DOUBT in the word of Jesus

taking drugs is not doubt. Jesus won't say that. Faith is basically taking authority by speaking what God has said and we need to understand the Bible cater for our spiritual need than physical. Reason because, if
we take authority spiritually, the physical would adjust. Jesus spoke to the wind and fig tree.

akintom:
* taking drugs therefore, is exercise against FAITH. Which is SINFUL according to,

That reminds me, Jesus said look at the birds...but we see the birds flying looking for food. God has done it. Add works to it after you have prayed(faith)

akintom:
Romans 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: FOR WHATSOEVER IS NOT OF FAITH IS SIN.

Mindless lifting, the.whole chapter where you got this verse said things that support taking drugs. On different occasions in the same chapter was Paul making mention of respecting the different levels of faith. verses as

Romams14:3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him. 14:6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. 14:15 But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died. 14:20 For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.

akintom:
And anyone that commits SIN, is of the DEVIL.

1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Conclusion

It's not STUPIDITY, exercise of FAITH, to reject drugs, when you're praying to Yahweh to heal you. [/quote]

I would just say these are bunch of unrelated verses brought together to prove a point, preaching such in undiscerning churches would do much killings cause the letter killeth

1 Like

Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by Martinez19(m): 11:25am On Jul 22, 2017
MrPresident1:

I am not a religionist. I am a sharer of light, an illuminator. God is not in organised religion.

God is in good. God is all things good.

God is good.
Are you a christian? Yes or no.
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by akintom(m): 11:33am On Jul 22, 2017
GodsMopol:

James 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Drugs is allowed

About this, I would say, many Christians knows the Bible but they overbeat a verse. Overbeat in the sense that, okay, the complementary part of a verse might not be the next verse of that chapter so they end up using one verse to interprete one problem, when it might be expected they compare many verses

we know through this verse that ailments are more demonic than Medicinal

Acts 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

healing all that are oppressed. Well, you don't need to believe me but I believe God never created sicknesses and diseases. So prayer can be made and if they are healed in the process, fine, but let them use drugs

Rom14:15 But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.

I saw this verse contradicting your point, same Chapter

very correct but peradventure they were not healed physically does that mean they are not healed even when they have been delivered from the devil oppressing them. Evidently faith was used and works was added.

taking drugs is not doubt. Jesus won't say that. Faith is basically taking authority by speaking what God has said and we need to understand the Bible cater for our spiritual need than physical. Reason because, if
we take authority spiritually, the physical would adjust. Jesus spoke to the wind and fig tree.

That reminds me, Jesus said look at the birds...but we see the birds flying looking for food. God has done it. Add works to it after you have prayed(faith)

Mindless lifting, the.whole chapter where you got this verse said things that support taking drugs. On different occasions in the same chapter was Paul making mention of respecting the different levels of faith. verses as

Romams14:3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him. 14:6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. 14:15 But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died. 14:20 For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.

1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Conclusion

It's not STUPIDITY, exercise of FAITH, to reject drugs, when you're praying to Yahweh to heal you.

I would just say these are bunch of unrelated verses brought together to prove a point, preaching such in undiscerning churches would do much killings cause the letter killeth

Yahweh is proud of your shoddy attempt.... Well done son of Yahweh (bunch of conflicting idea).
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by dalaman: 11:40am On Jul 22, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

lol the Hole-ly BuyBull also said anyone that's sick should go to the elders for prayer and anointing which would cure the sickness, I've NEVER met a Christian that puts that verse into practice, bunch of hypocrites

I know 3 people that did mainly because they were poor, helpless and couldn't afford the medical bills they were supposed to pay. Two of them ended up dead shortly after the prayers were conducted. The third survived because people came to his aid and donated money to him and he was able to travel to India for his medical procedure which was successful. He was later killed in 2015 by Boko Haram in Yobe state during the cause of his work. Most christians that can afford good and quality health care will NEVER do it and will berate others that even try it because they knows it's ridiculous nonsense.
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by MrPresident1: 11:51am On Jul 22, 2017
Martinez19:
Are you a christian? Yes or no.

Yes. Absolutely YES.
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by MrPresident1: 11:52am On Jul 22, 2017
akintom:

Yahweh is proud of your shoddy attempt.... Well done son of Yahweh (bunch of conflicting idea).

Do you believe in God?
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by obinna58(m): 11:52am On Jul 22, 2017
orunto27:
What goes into you through your mouth can never kill you if you pray on it before you eat or drink it. So in whatsoever condition, pray on Drugs, Medicine, other Drinks and Food before you take them.

Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by GodsMopol: 12:09pm On Jul 22, 2017
akintom:

Romans 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: FOR WHATSOEVER IS NOT OF FAITH IS SIN.

Faith is the misunderstood subject, like I said in my previous post. Faith is spiritual authority. Faith is Jesus speaking to the wind and to a tree, how possible is the reasoning that Jesus spoke to an object and they obeyed.

Like I also mentioned, faith without works is dead. Its good to have faith but adding works to faith makes faith more effective
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by GodsMopol: 12:11pm On Jul 22, 2017
MrPresident1:

Do you believe in God?
He doesn't
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by urheme: 12:11pm On Jul 22, 2017
Seun:
Every death is due to a medical condition[/b][b]. You die when vital organs in your body like your heart, lungs, and brain stop working. If divine healing was real, its practitioners would live forever. Clearly that is not the case. In fact, like Bishop Idahosa and Kathryn Kuhlman, they often die prematurely. Even if you have faith the size of Olumo Rock, it will not cure any sickness that you could not have recovered from naturally.

Faith or no faith.. God heals.....i didn't have faith when i got my healings...God can heal any sickness wether it has a name or not.

There is divine health and healing...it does not mean that you don't fall sick....but you over come it without drugs....divine healing could be instantaneous or gradual depending on how you channel the spirit of God in to that part of your body that need to be healed....there are how ever sicknesses that may not weigh a person down and will not prevent such a person from living a fulfilled life....you triumph to glory with it.

We were born so we will die as well.....death is a transformation that must occur whether we like it or not.....divine health and healing is a gift from God, that you are kathryn kuhlman does not mean sleep or headache cannot kill you......something must kill a man...good things or bad things.....Plane crash, accident, collapse building etc, killed both sick and healthy, strong and weak, adult and children.....the good news is that you are alive and strong....perhaps you have not found your self in any terrible condition that will make you have faith in men...not even God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by GodsMopol: 12:16pm On Jul 22, 2017
akintom:

Loooooooool, I get your message clearly

I believe you share same idea with Yahweh
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by Martinez19(m): 12:20pm On Jul 22, 2017
GodsMopol:

Faith is the misunderstood subject, like I said in my previous post. Faith is spiritual authority. Faith is Jesus speaking to the wind and to a tree, how possible is the reasoning that Jesus spoke to an object and they obeyed.

Like I also mentioned, faith without works is dead. Its good to have faith but adding works to faith makes faith more effective
If I am an amputee and I pray to God to restore my limb, what work must I do so that the faith won't be dead?
Jesus never taught that we needed works to make faith alive. This idea is the most dubious escape in christianity.

1 Like

Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by orunto27: 12:20pm On Jul 22, 2017
MrPresident1:

You are a fool.

No I'm not. As a matter of fact, I'm wise, knowledgeable and understanding. I'm confessing to you that I prayed on acid before, drank it and it didn't hurt.
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by orunto27: 12:44pm On Jul 22, 2017
All of you are jealous, faithless, hopeless and uncharitable. I think I should call you Atheists.

2 Likes

Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by Martinez19(m): 12:48pm On Jul 22, 2017
orunto27:
All of you are jealous, faithless, hopeless and uncharitable. I think I should call you Atheists.
All most amusing people seem to be bound the same way.

2 Likes

Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by urheme: 12:57pm On Jul 22, 2017
Martinez19:
If I am an amputee and I pray to God to restore my limb, what work must I do so that the faith won't be dead?
Jesus never taught that we needed works to make faith alive. This idea is the most dubious escape in christianity. [b][/b]

The bold is very correct.....this was what Kathryn kulhman lamented...as if faith is a thing that can be purchased.

Christ did all manner of healings and miracles with out faith.

Elisha's bones raised a dead man.........where is faith and whose faith
Naama got healed by grudgingly washing in the Jordan river...who's faith is it
Peter's Shadow was busy healing as he passes by.........who's faith is it.
Lazarus was raised in the presence of faithless mourners

It is an abomination for a pastor to preach faith.....it becomes an excuse for his shortcomings after collecting tithe, offerings, seeds etc

What about the love of God...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by kevoh(m): 12:59pm On Jul 22, 2017
orunto27:

No I'm not. As a matter of fact, I'm wise, knowledgeable and understanding. I'm confessing to you that I prayed on acid before, drank it and it didn't hurt.
I wouldn't mind us recreating this scenario again. I (or any NL atheist closest to you location) will bring the conc. acid (or any poison) and the cameras with one other NL atheist as witness, thankfully Facebook live is there, we shall stream it live. All you need is bring yourself( your Pastors and prayer warriors if you like)to the mutually agreed venue.

1 Like

Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by orunto27: 1:06pm On Jul 22, 2017
akintom:

Is that what our lousy Jesus Christ commanded?

He turned impure water to fine wine at Cana. He fed 5000 people with 5 loaves of bread. He walked on The Sea like on land. He resurrected from Death before our very eyes and above all simply asked us, Believers, to increase our Faith above a Mustard seed to enable us move mountains and drink acid and poisons like pure water.
Father forgive them for talking gibberish @I, Your Son in Christ Jesus.
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by GodsMopol: 1:30pm On Jul 22, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

lol the Hole-ly BuyBull also said anyone that's sick should go to the elders for prayer and anointing which would cure the sickness, I've NEVER met a Christian that puts that verse into practice, bunch of hypocrites

ohhhhhhh, you mean even on Tv. Who makes announcement of such in the first place
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by GodsMopol: 2:01pm On Jul 22, 2017
Martinez19:
Jesus never taught that we needed works to make faith alive. This idea is the most dubious escape in christianity.

Ezekiel had bones joining to bones in his ministry. Sorry dry bones I mean.

Jesus said to Peter come. But Peter needed to step out of the boat before he could walk on water. Jesus spat on the sand and told the blind man go wash and while they went...one came back.
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by Martinez19(m): 2:22pm On Jul 22, 2017
GodsMopol:

Ezekiel had bones joining to bones in his ministry. Sorry dry bones I mean.

Jesus said to Peter come. But Peter needed to step out of the boat before he could walk on water. Jesus spat on the sand and told the blind man go wash and while they went...one came back.
Amputees that have attempted walking and no show, what should they do? undecided

1 Like

Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by orunto27: 2:40pm On Jul 22, 2017
This is a Proverb, Two Children, one roasted a Vulture and the other roasted a Broiler. They both ganished the Birds tantalisingly well.
They both sat with their Birds in front of Nairaland Atheists and fake Pastors like you wish to arrange for me.
The Child with the Vulture told his witnesses that he was eating chicken broiler. He ate, nothing happened. He didn't die.
The Child with the roasted chicken broiler told his witnesses that he was eating Vulture. The Child died before he finished eating.
Right now on Nairaland, many Atheists, Agnostics, Atums, Akintoms etc are getting ready to kill me at my slightest mistakes.
So Oga, I just wish to walk away.
Thanks.
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by orunto27: 2:44pm On Jul 22, 2017
Your words not mine but I like it.
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by GodsMopol: 2:47pm On Jul 22, 2017
Martinez19:
Amputees that have attempted walking and no show, what should they do? undecided

I don't have a reasonable answer for that.

1 Like

Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 22, 2017
kevoh:

I wouldn't mind us recreating this scenario again. I (or any NL atheist closest to you location) will bring the conc. acid (or any poison) and the cameras with one other NL atheist as witness, thankfully Facebook live is there, we shall stream it live. All you need is bring yourself( your Pastors and prayer warriors if you like)to the mutually agreed venue.

Abeg leave this one o. Them go carry you go jail ��
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by hopefulLandlord: 5:41pm On Jul 22, 2017
kevoh:

involuntary manslaughter

1 Like

Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by kevoh(m): 6:04pm On Jul 22, 2017
LightandDarkness:

Abeg leave this one o. Them go carry you go jail ��

hopefulLandlord:
involuntary manslaughter

We go sign MoU on facebook live na... grin grin
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by Niflheim(m): 5:15pm On Aug 21, 2017
@akintom,

Excellent post!!! They can never claim that their religion teaches intelligence!!! It teaches "super-buffoonery" and multi-dimensional imbecility!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Answers Wrong Prayer? - Imuwahen Gloria A. / Error On Trinity By Pastor Chris / The Fallacious Christian Mathematics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.