Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,183 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick (4619 Views)

Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? / Is It Biblical To Be Baptised By Immersion Twice? / Holy Ghost Fire: Is It Biblical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by chinex404(m): 8:45pm On Nov 24, 2017
its never God Will For any of his children to be in those situations u mentioned above.
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by akintom(m): 10:19pm On Nov 24, 2017
chinex404:
its never God Will For any of his children to be in those situations u mentioned above.
what condition?
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by YOLO1(m): 2:31am On Dec 11, 2017
Seun:
Every death is due to a medical condition. You die when vital organs in your body like your heart, lungs, and brain stop working. If divine healing were real, its practitioners would live forever. Clearly that is not the case. In fact, like Bishop Idahosa and Kathryn Kuhlman, they often die prematurely. Even if you have faith the size of Olumo Rock, it will not cure any sickness that you could not have recovered from naturally.
But sir, I want to know your views about miracles and healing. What happens when a blind person suddenly regains his/her sight during prayers? Are this natural or spiritual. Can this be medically proven or explained by logic? Same goes for all other ailments that got healed during prayer
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by Seun(m): 6:25pm On Dec 12, 2017
YOLO1:
But sir, I want to know your views about miracles and healing. What happens when a blind person suddenly regains his/her sight during prayers? Are this natural or spiritual. Can this be medically proven or explained by logic? Same goes for all other ailments that got healed during prayer
I don’t believe that prayer can cause a blind person to regain his sight. What seems to happen in crusades is that people who are partially blind are introduced as if they were totally blind and then people are amazed when they can see things that they could actually see before prayer. People who have bad legs but can still struggle to walk are placed on wheelchairs and people are amazed when they get up from the wheelchairs and force themselves to walk briefly after prayer. Have you noticed that people who are said to have been healed often look confused and tired instead of looking extremely happy about being able to do what they couldn’t do before?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by mercy0008(f): 9:03am On Dec 13, 2017
MY SISTER WAS AS, A PASTOR PRAYED FOR HER AND HER GENOTYPE CHANGED. ITS BEEN 2 YEARS NOW AND SHE IS STILL AA , I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT SOMEONE ELSE BUT MY OWN SISTER. PRAYER WORKS
Seun:

I don’t believe that prayer can cause a blind person to regain his sight. What seems to happen in crusades is that people who are partially blind are introduced as if they were totally blind and then people are amazed when they can see things that they could actually see before prayer. People who have bad legs but can still struggle to walk are placed on wheelchairs and people are amazed when they get up from the wheelchairs and force themselves to walk briefly after prayer. Have you noticed that people who are said to have been healed often look confused and tired instead of looking extremely happy about being able to do what they couldn’t do before?

1 Like

Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by LalasticSeun(f): 10:22am On Dec 13, 2017
Seun:

Deep down you know it does. You just don't want to believe.

I'm a living testimony. .
I v experienced the power of prayer even when the doctors lost hope on me.
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by akintom(m): 10:27pm On Dec 14, 2017
LalasticSeun:

Deep down you know it does. You just don't want to believe.

I'm a living testimony. .
I v experienced the power of prayer even when the doctors lost hope on me.
Kikikikikikiki.... What living testimony?
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by joshnes(m): 10:50pm On Dec 14, 2017
urheme:

The bold is very correct.....this was what Kathryn kulhman lamented...as if faith is a thing that can be purchased.

Christ did all manner of healings and miracles with out faith.

Elisha's bones raised a dead man.........where is faith and whose faith
Naama got healed by grudgingly washing in the Jordan river...who's faith is it
Peter's Shadow was busy healing as he passes by.........who's faith is it.
Lazarus was raised in the presence of faithless mourners

It is an abomination for a pastor to preach faith.....it becomes an excuse for his shortcomings after collecting tithe, offerings, seeds etc

What about the love of God...
you're not absolutely right. Jesus healed a man in Luke 5 because of the faith of the man's friends. In Acts 14, a man got healed because "he had faith to be healed"(v9). The woman with the issue of blood (Mark 5), Jesus told her "thy faith hath made thee whole". Faith is important to be taught about.
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by joshnes(m): 11:04pm On Dec 14, 2017
In relation to the thread, God has even healed through medicine before 2Kings 20:7 "And Isaiah said, Take a lump of figs. And they took and laid it on the boil, and he recovered." Personally, I prefer not to take drugs, because I have grown with the Word and I believe God can and will heal me, and He does just that. That's my faith level, I don't ask anybody to pray for me, I just speak the word and wait for my healing. When I meet an ill person, a christian, I ask "have you taken medications?" some say no, others not yet and some may say they don't take drugs, I am like fine whatever rocks your boat. It is dangerous to make somebody do something they are not convinced about. A little doubt means you get nothing (James 1:6-7).
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by Seun(m): 2:28pm On Dec 16, 2017
mercy0008:
MY SISTER WAS AS, A PASTOR PRAYED FOR HER AND HER GENOTYPE CHANGED. ITS BEEN 2 YEARS NOW AND SHE IS STILL AA , I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT SOMEONE ELSE BUT MY OWN SISTER. PRAYER WORKS
How did she get to believe that she was AS before, and how did she get to know that she is now AA?
Can you post the before and after laboratory reports? Since she is your sister it won’t be difficult to get them.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by abduljabbar4(m): 4:31pm On Dec 16, 2017
mercy0008:

You people are good with lies. Please tell me that you are joking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by abduljabbar4(m): 4:38pm On Dec 16, 2017
orunto27:

No I'm not. As a matter of fact, I'm wise, knowledgeable and understanding. I'm confessing to you that I prayed on acid before, drank it and it didn't hurt.

Lol
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by butterflyl1on: 4:38pm On Dec 16, 2017
abduljabbar4:

You people are good with lies. Please tell me that you are joking

You mean your Allah cannot do this and it sounds impossible to you?

Your Allah must be a weakling cheesy grin
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by abduljabbar4(m): 4:44pm On Dec 16, 2017
butterflyl1on:

You mean your Allah cannot do this and it sounds impossible to you?

Your Allah must be a weakling cheesy grin

Why is that pastor not healing people that are suffering from sickle cell anaemia? why
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by butterflyl1on: 5:22pm On Dec 16, 2017
abduljabbar4:

Why is that pastor not healing people that are suffering from sickle cell anaemia? why

Pastors do not heal. Jesus aka THE WORD OF GOD heals and sickle cell anaemia is too small to even ask about. those are steadily being healed which is something your muhaMad and Allah have no clue what to do except scribble Allah on meat. grin

1 Like

Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by abduljabbar4(m): 8:03pm On Dec 16, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Pastors do not heal. Jesus aka THE WORD OF GOD heals and sickle cell anaemia is too small to even ask about. those are steadily being healed which is something your muhaMad and Allah have no clue what to do except scribble Allah on meat. grin

So how can i ask this your word of god to heal my childhood friend who is a sickler?

2 Likes

Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by mercy0008(f): 9:10am On Dec 18, 2017
how did she get to know she was AS? Seriously? like you don't know your genotype? And yes, she found out during medicals for her job that her genotype had changed as she did not take any test after the prayers that was made months before
Seun:

How did she get to believe that she was AS before, and how did she get to know that she is now AA? Can you post the before and after laboratory reports? Since she is your sister it won’t be difficult to get them.
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by dalaman: 9:32am On Dec 18, 2017
Seun:

How did she get to believe that she was AS before, and how did she get to know that she is now AA? Can you post the before and after laboratory reports? Since she is your sister it won’t be difficult to get them.

He wont answer. All they know how to do is tell sweet lies for Jesus.
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by dalaman: 9:33am On Dec 18, 2017
mercy0008:

Liar. Keep telling sweet lies for Jesus.
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by Martinez19(m): 9:37am On Dec 18, 2017
dalaman:

Christians are liars.
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by oladele97: 9:38am On Dec 18, 2017
Following
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by dalaman: 9:41am On Dec 18, 2017
Martinez19:
Christians are liars.

Their entire belief system is based on lies, so lying has to come naturally to them.
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by dalaman: 11:44am On Dec 18, 2017
butterflyl1on:

In Pakistan yesterday, the slaves of Allah armed with AK47s attacked worshippers of Jesus in a church. Jesus was there. They kept killing.
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by butterflyl1on: 1:04pm On Dec 18, 2017
dalaman:

In Pakistan yesterday, the slaves of Allah armed with AK47s attacked worshippers of Jesus in a church. Jesus was there. They kept killing.

You must be in Togo to have heard that they attacked with ak47 rifles and kept on killing.

They actually came with suicide vests and one suicide bomber was killed outside while the other was wounded and managed to detonate his suicide vest far from the main service of 400 people and by so doing, only killed 9 people so where you got your "they kept killing " from beats my imagination.

In all things we are asked to give thanks so I give thanks that only 9 died and not 200. God knows his own and knows why the 9 specifically died.

At least the stark difference between Islam and Christianity is being shown daily and we thank Islamists for the free adverts they have been giving for christianity. They should keep spreading death while we spread life.
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by mercy0008(f): 1:05pm On Dec 18, 2017
MOVE ALONG FOOL. DONT QUOTE ME AGAIN
dalaman:

Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by dalaman: 1:10pm On Dec 18, 2017
mercy0008:
MOVE ALONG FOOL. DONT QUOTE ME AGAIN

You remain a liar for Jesus.
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by dalaman: 1:15pm On Dec 18, 2017
butterflyl1on:

You must be in Togo to have heard that they attacked with ak47 rifles and kept on killing.

They actually came with suicide vests and one suicide bomber was killed outside while the other was wounded and managed to detonate his suicide vest far from the main service of 400 people and by so doing, only killed 9 people so where you got your "they kept killing " from beats my imagination.

In all things we are asked to give thanks so I give thanks that only 9 died and not 200. God knows his own and knows why the 9 specifically died.

At least the stark difference between Islam and Christianity is being shown daily and we thank Islamists for the free adverts they have been giving for christianity. They should keep spreading death while we spread life.

Be quiet. You God could not prevent 9 people from being killed by Islamist. Allah was there and he made sure his slaves killed 9 of Jesus followers in his house of worshipping while Jesus was there helpless and couldn't do anything.

As violent and as destructive as Islam is, it still has not killed as many people as christianity. More people have been killed in the name of christianity than in the name of Islam and that is the fact. Your God remains impotent in the face of the slaves of Allah. They can enter his house of worship and kill his children at will while he remains helpless and allow failures like butterflyl1on t come and be giving useless excuses on his behalf on the internet.
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by butterflyl1on: 1:35pm On Dec 18, 2017
dalaman:

Be quiet. You God could not prevent 9 people from being killed by Islamist. Allah was there and he made sure his slaves killed 9 of Jesus followers in his house of worshipping while Jesus was there helpless and couldn't do anything.

As violent and as destructive as Islam is, it still has not killed as many people as christianity. More people have been killed in the name of christianity than in the name of Islam and that is the fact. Your God remains impotent in the face of the slaves of Allah. They can enter his house of worship and kill his children at will while he remains helpless and allow failures like butterflyl1on t come and be giving useless excuses on his behalf on the internet.

LMAO that building is not GODS HOUSE OF WORSHIP.

Read 1st Corinthians 6:15 to know what his house of worship is. Everyday you keep showing your ignorance of scripture even when you claimed to have been a Christian (which is quite evident now that you never were). You were just a church goer.

I can see more of your forced mental projections on display grin

You think anyone can make excuses for God? I laugh in Hindi. His word was before I was and his word for such situations as this was before I was so my response would always be based on the foundation already laid by his word. Something you have no idea about.

If you say God is impotent in the face of Islam then I laugh even harder at your foolishness. True strength is not found in constant beating and stomping. It is found in restraint. Somehow you want God to be as you picture in your mind but God ain't man and can never be caged by your feeble mind.

If you think God should have evaporated Islam or the suicide bombers here then you are right IN YOUR HEAD but not IN HIS WILL. If you like switch to talking about Gods will as I expect but such nonsensical jargon from you has never been known to move me so keep typing after all na you get your fingers grin

1 Like

Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by dalaman: 1:41pm On Dec 18, 2017
butterflyl1on:

LMAO that building is not GODS HOUSE OF WORSHIP.

Read 1st Corinthians 6:15 to know what his house of worship is. Everyday you keep showing your ignorance of scripture even when you claimed to have been a Christian (which is quite evident now that you never were). You were just a church goer.

I can see more of your forced mental projections on display grin

You think anyone can make excuses for God? I laugh in Hindi. His word was before I was and his word for such situations as this was before I was so my response would always be based on the foundation already laid by his word. Something you have no idea about.

If you say God is impotent in the face of Islam then I laugh even harder at your foolishness. True strength is not found in constant beating and stomping. It is found in restraint. Somehow you want God to be as you picture in your mind but God ain't man and can never be caged by your feeble mind.

If you think God should have evaporated Islam or the suicide bombers here then you are right IN YOUR HEAD but not IN HIS WILL. If you like switch to talking about Gods will as I expect but such nonsensical jargon from you has never been known to move me so keep typing after all na you get your fingers grin

Jesus was there in their midst but allowed the slaves of Allah to slaughter his kids while he waited and watvhed helplessly. He couldn't protect them at all.

If your enemy comes to your house to kill your kids on your presence and you have the ability to stop the person you'll do that immediately. So stop telling me about some nonsense restraint. The will of your God is the imaginations and fictitious ideas of the writers of the bible since they are your God and it is what they wrote down that you live by and throw at people as the word of some imaginary God.
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by butterflyl1on: 1:52pm On Dec 18, 2017
dalaman:

Jesus was there in their midst but allowed the slaves of Allah to slaughter his kids while he waited and watvhed helplessly. He couldn't protect them at all.

If your enemy comes to your house to kill your kids on your presence and you have the ability to stop the person you'll do that immediately. So stop telling me about some nonsense restraint. The will of your God is the imaginations and fictitious ideas of the writers of the bible since they are your God and it is what they wrote down that you live by and throw at people as the word of some imaginary God.

Again I repeat, that building is NOT GODS HOUSE. And Muslims are not HIS enemies (where did you get that from) grin cheesy

Why and how would you think God would take his own creation as his enemies? Read Mathew 5:44 to know if God hates Muslims. In your mind, having an enemy means you must hate them and treat them as enemies grin

Remember Jesus came and died for his enemies and those who were sinners so if he could lay down his life for sinners out of love why then would he take theirs out of hate?

You are ignorant bro. Your mental devolution keeps getting worse by per second billing.
Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by Seun(m): 2:12pm On Dec 18, 2017
mercy0008:
how did she get to know she was AS? Seriously? like you don't know your genotype?
Is it possible for someone to think that her genotype was AS when in fact her genotype was AA? If so, couldn't your sister have been mistaken?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick by mercy0008(f): 2:15pm On Dec 18, 2017
NO MY DEAR, FROM BIRTH MY PARENTS HAVE KNOWN SHE IS AN AS. MY MUM IS AS TOO. WE VE KNOWN THAT ALL THROUGH WHILE GROWING UP AND EVEN THROUGH MEDICALS BEFORE UNIVERSITY.
Seun:

Is it possible for someone to think that her genotype was AS when in fact her genotype was AA? If so, couldn't your sister have been mistaken?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Essentials Of My Deism / Isaac Newton On Atheism / Jews Enslaved The Egyptians First.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.