Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,006 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic (15512 Views)

Yakubu Dogara: How I Donated My 6 Month Salary In Building Covenant University / Newly Appointed 1st Class Emirs In Kano Formally Accept Their Appointments / Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by barragan: 6:26pm On Jul 22, 2017
sunnyb0b0:

You guys should really he ashamed though. That the Igbo would put up such a performance in a university where they probably make up less than 30% of the student population, a university located in the heard of O'dua land is a big achievement.

Check out the courses Igbo students lead and compare it to the ones Yoruba lead and tell me which ones are relevant to the development of a modern society in the 21st century.

This is foolishness, I can see as many Igbo names at the bottom of the table as there are on top. And the list shows that people from everywhere goes to that school, it's to be expected as lagos and Ogun and indeed the whole of South west is the most cosmopolitan region of the country. No surprises here.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by rusher14: 6:26pm On Jul 22, 2017
Management Information System.

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by rusher14: 6:28pm On Jul 22, 2017
Estate Management.

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by rusher14: 6:29pm On Jul 22, 2017
Industrial Mathematics.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Drogbs: 6:32pm On Jul 22, 2017
No ethinc group is dominating the other, every ethinc demographic looks well represented in all departments, I'm even more impressed to see lots of Igbos...so much for people that only excel in 2×2 business according to our all perfect yoruba noise makers

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by rusher14: 6:32pm On Jul 22, 2017
Industrial Physics - Applied Geophysics.

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by rusher14: 6:35pm On Jul 22, 2017
Industrial physics -Electronics and IT Applications

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by BORNTOSUCKPUSSY: 6:36pm On Jul 22, 2017
Igbos are dominating most engineering depts grin grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by rusher14: 6:37pm On Jul 22, 2017
Industrial Physics - Renewable Energy.

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by BORNTOSUCKPUSSY: 6:38pm On Jul 22, 2017
Yo guys looks at this list igbos dominated the whole 1st class list not even 1 yoruba remember this is a yoruba dominated university

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by BORNTOSUCKPUSSY: 6:39pm On Jul 22, 2017
rusher14:
Industrial Mathematics.
another igbo dominated list industrial mathematics grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Sagay212: 6:44pm On Jul 22, 2017
low self esteemed MFs...

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Drogbs: 6:45pm On Jul 22, 2017
barragan:

This is foolishness, I can see as many Igbo names at the bottom of the table as there are on top. And the list shows that people from everywhere goes to that school, it's to be expected as lagos and Ogun and indeed the whole of South west is the most cosmopolitan region of the country. No surprises here.
Every region in Nigeria is cosmopolitan, quit the nonsense already...
Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by hucienda: 6:45pm On Jul 22, 2017
I also noticed this in the department's first-class list.

But OP, the title of your thread is not backed by data as this is just a department and not the entire school. It is a part of the whole. If anyone with the graduands brochure posts it here and majority of the graduands are Igbo, then your title becomes fact.

However, empirical data does show most Igbo are not just enterprising but academics as well.
Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Omoluabi16(m): 6:59pm On Jul 22, 2017
It would be safe to assume that the average age of politics-landers is 16.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by rusher14: 7:00pm On Jul 22, 2017
BORNTOSUCKPUSSY:
another igbo dominated list industrial mathematics grin

Yes but only 5 students enlisted.
2 igbos
1 yoruba
1 Ijaw
1 Efik/Ibibio.
Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Mujtahida: 7:08pm On Jul 22, 2017
For the life of me I don't understand this infantile need to boast, to peacock around. I am still trying to discern the psychological reason for this tendency, what complex is at the root of this behaviour, what deprivation drives this need to needlessly flaunt supposed tribal accomplishments.

I have always said it that two ethnic groups have manifested a desire to dominate this country and as long as they continue to frame our experience within the compass of this wounding word 'dominate' we will always have problems. This word has twisted our national life, debased us, lead to bloodshed and violence, enthroned mediocrity, fortified the bastions of tribalism and ethnocentricism, created demons and engineered fear and greed in our history and experience yet we continue to play around with it like stupid unthinking, deranged idiots.

What if I look at any human endeavour and I see my tribe performing excellently and I just relish it without indulging the peurile, self destructive tendency to cry: 'we dominate, we dominate, we dominate'?

And they always return with bloodied mouths and
broken skulls yet they never learn. To do the same thing over and over and expect a different result has been defined as the prime manifestation of insanity.

Wisdom: silent waters run deep. Empty drums make the loudest drums.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by sunnyb0b0(m): 7:32pm On Jul 22, 2017
Mujtahida:
For the life of me I don't understand this infantile need to boast, to peacock around. I am still trying to discern the psychological reason for this tendency, what complex is at the root of this behaviour, what deprivation drives this need to needlessly flaunt supposed tribal accomplishments.

I have always said it that two ethnic groups have manifested a desire to dominate this country and as long as they continue to frame our experience within the compass of this wounding word 'dominate' we will always have problems. This word has twisted our national life, debased us, lead to bloodshed and violence, enthroned mediocrity, fortified the bastions of tribalism and ethnocentricism, created demons and engineered fear and greed in our history and experience yet we continue to play around with it like stupid unthinking, deranged idiots.

What if I look at any human endeavour and I see my tribe performing excellently and I just relish it without indulging the peurile, self destructive tendency to cry: 'we dominate, we dominate, we dominate'?

broken skulls yet they never learn. To do the same thing over and over and expect a different result has been defined as the prime manifestation of insanity.

Bros, this is where your people "do well". grin grin

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Guestlander: 7:46pm On Jul 22, 2017
sunnyb0b0:

Bros, this is where your people "do well". grin grin

I told you that you will be humbled. I guess the graph is intended to divert the discussion away from your lies.
Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Customer80: 7:46pm On Jul 22, 2017
Markfemi2:

Your mumu ass tribe cannot produce a school as covenant in 200 years
Isn't covenant university owned by the Church?
Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by sunnyb0b0(m): 7:50pm On Jul 22, 2017
Guestlander:

I told you that you will be humbled. I guess the graph is intended to divert the discussion away from your lies.

Me humbled? You must be joking. Have you checked out to see the Igbo kids are heads and shoulders high in STEM courses while the Yorubas are wanking over leading in mickey mouse courses.

This is a university in the heart of Yorubaland where Igbo student population could be less than 30%.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by bakynes(m): 7:59pm On Jul 22, 2017
Mujtahida:

The two tribes that want to dominate are Igbos and Hausa-Fulani.

Sincerely this thread is unnecessary but thank God my Yoruba brothers were able to burst their lies.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by vanbonattel: 8:04pm On Jul 22, 2017
Mujtahida:

Go and sit down. Just because Igbos are beating your people in a home game you are writing a long sermon here? If Na your people, we no go hear word.

This thread aims to correct the age long mediocrity in Nigeria, where the worst of us are allowed to lead the beat.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Guestlander: 8:07pm On Jul 22, 2017
sunnyb0b0:

Me humbled? You must be joking. Have you checked out to see the Igbo kids are heads and shoulders high in STEM courses while the Yorubas are wanking over leading in mickey mouse courses.

This is a university in the heart of Yorubaland where Igbo student population could be less than 30%.

You are shifting the goal post again. Your initial narrative was Igbo students dominate Covenant University 1st class list. Now, it STEM courses. It doesn't hurt to be honest.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:11pm On Jul 22, 2017
OoduaVanguard:

Lol. So says one from the tribe of nomads who can't smell success unless they emigrate to other regions for sustenance. The joke is on you, boy, girl, or whatever you are.

Yet another one.
Keep them coming
Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Drogbs: 8:23pm On Jul 22, 2017
Guestlander:

You are shifting the goal post again. Your initial narrative was Igbo students dominate Covenant University 1st class list. Now, it STEM courses. It doesn't hurt to be honest.
Going by that list and all facts on ground in the Nigerian educational sector(like Igbo states as usual topping the index of best performance in the WAEC and Jamb results like was obtainable in the past consecutive years), it isn't far fetched to conclude that yorubas can and will never ride into the sunset of academic excellence ahead of the Igbos...media propaganda and a thousand threads conjured on NL to debunk these facts won't save face anymore...for a region that went through the devastation of a bloody civil war, with a quarter or so of its potentials in growth which at its peak was ahead of other regions all destroyed, and further inflicted with cruel post war policies that was aimed at completely relegating the Igbos into a beggarly status in Nigeria...one would have thought the Yorubas who had it easy all through the time would have left Igbos in the dust with no gap to close, but what we see today is a opposite of what was expected...we see resilient region that not only bounced back from the throes of war and desolation in the Nigerian polity, but witnessed a growth(rebound) that was so commendable that one with a clear and unbiased mind would wonder how they(Igbos) pulled it off? Imagine if yorubas had gone through a quotient of what Igbos endured during and after that war...do you think y'all would even see our backs talkless of making notable impacts in all indices of human and natural endeavours like Igbos have? Nigerians need to think before casting idiotic aspersions, we are all in this hell hole together, lets all seperate..the basis of unity was afterall never there according to Gowon.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Mujtahida: 8:25pm On Jul 22, 2017
vanbonattel:

Go and sit down. Just because Igbos are beating your people in a home game you are writing a long sermon here? If Na your people, we no go hear word.

This thread aims to correct the age long mediocrity in Nigeria, where the worst of us are allowed to lead the beat.
The lie in the thread has been blasted with the dynamite of truth. But you have added another lie in your last paragraph.
I know that those students studying and eventually coming up tops were never driven by ethnic ego. They simply wanted to be the best for themselves and perhaps their families without the consideration of tribe motivating them. Only myopic, shallow lots are now trying to mark tribal registers with it which is not even bad but for the idea of 'domination' which in any case has been proven to be a lie.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by TVTKOKO(m): 8:29pm On Jul 22, 2017
This is really the height of inferiority complex!! Like wtf
The Yorubas must be giving you lots sleepless nights without even trying hard!
You really had to create a thread based on lies to sooth your low self esteem I Am Really Disappointed

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by totit: 8:31pm On Jul 22, 2017
Drogbs:

[b]Going by that list and all facts on ground in the Nigerian educational sector(like Igbo states as usual topping the index of best performance in the WAEC and Jamb results like was obtainable in the past consecutive years), it isn't far fetched to conclude that yorubas can and will never ride into the sunset of academic excellence ahead of the Igbos...media propaganda and a thousand threads conjured on NL to debunk these facts won't save face anymore...for a region that went through the devastation of a bloody civil war, with a quarter or so of its potentials in growth which at its peak was ahead of other regions all destroyed, and further inflicted with cruel post war policies that was aimed at completely relegating the Igbos into a beggarly status in Nigeria...one would have thought the Yorubas who had it easy all through the time would have left Igbos in the dust with no gap to close, but what we see today is a opposite of what was expected...we see resilient region that not only bounced back from the throes of war and desolation in the Nigerian polity, but witnessed a growth(rebound) that was so commendable that one with a clear and unbiased mind would wonder how they(Igbos) pulled it off? Imagine if yorubas had gone through a quotient of what Igbos endured during and after that war...do you think y'all would even see our backs talkless of making notable impacts in all indices of human and natural endeavours like Igbos have? Nigerians need to think before casting idiotic aspersions, we are all in this hell hole together, lets all seperate..the basis of unity was afterall never there according to Gowon.

Same old junk stories and saving face tactics. After being bursted ya'all have suddenly resulted stories how you used to dominate this ,that. Dude, stop this 20£ old stories and self acclaimed figures already.

Shame! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by vanbonattel: 8:35pm On Jul 22, 2017
Mujtahida:

The lie in the thread has been blasted with the dynamite of truth. But you have added another lie in your last paragraph.
I know that those students studying and eventually coming up tops were never driven by ethnic ego. They simply wanted to be the best for themselves and perhaps their families without the consideration of tribe motivating them. Only myopic, shallow lots are now trying to mark tribal registers with it which is not even bad but for the idea of 'domination' which in any case has been proven to be a lie.

What's the need of studying hard to become the top only to be replaced by the child of a quota system government official during employment ?

We are only making a point that the country is messed up because the best are consistently suppressed for the worst to lead the country into constant doom.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by vanbonattel: 8:37pm On Jul 22, 2017
TVTKOKO:
This is really the height of inferiority complex!! Like wtf
The Yorubas must be giving you lots sleepless nights without even trying hard!
You really had to create a thread based on lies to sooth your low self esteem I Am Really Disappointed

Your disappointment is at finding your tribesmen doing 2/2 while others are getting 1st class cheesy
Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Newmanluckyman(m): 8:44pm On Jul 22, 2017
...a very bold feat from from the people of SE. From the records displayed so far the igbos leads in overall performance both in First Class and second class upper category. Great feat I must confess considering where they were coming from after the civil war.

The resilience of the igbos is simply extraordinary even outside their domain. There is something special about this ethnic group. Or will I say a divine grace is following them.Every healthy competition is good for development.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

NBC Action Against AIT, Raypower In Order – Presidential Aspirant / Discos Beg Customers As Blackout Worsens On Grid Collapse / FFK Visits Governor Simon Lalong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.