Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic (15499 Views)

Yakubu Dogara: How I Donated My 6 Month Salary In Building Covenant University / Newly Appointed 1st Class Emirs In Kano Formally Accept Their Appointments / Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by sunnyb0b0(m): 8:49pm On Jul 22, 2017
Guestlander:

You are shifting the goal post again. Your initial narrative was Igbo students dominate Covenant University 1st class list. Now, it STEM courses. It doesn't hurt to be honest.

Until you come up with a comprehensive data debunking my claim, I stand by it.
Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Mujtahida: 8:50pm On Jul 22, 2017
vanbonattel:

What's the need of studying hard to become the top only to be replaced by the child of a quota system government official during employment ?

We are only making a point that the country is messed up because the best are consistently suppressed for the worst to lead the country into constant doom.
I don't like quota system. I love fruitful and positive competition. Most people love that too but when you begin to color it with the notion of ethnic domination in a country like Nigeria you will generate needless bad blood.

If your last paragraph is truly your intention(which I doubt cos you are not the op) then it's important you learn how to communicate such a laudable intention. I will not have weighed in on this thread if the op had said 'see my people are the best'. You can only fight the best by being the best. But with domination nko? How do you fight? It leads to hostility, violence and bloodshed. My objection is against the word 'dominate' or domination. The moment even the best seeks to use his 'bestness' to dominate it would no longer be the issue of being best or better but simply domination. Go on and be the best. I can't quarel against that.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by vanbonattel: 8:53pm On Jul 22, 2017
Newmanluckyman:
...a very bold feat from from the people of SE. From the records displayed so far the igbos leads in overall performance both in First Class and second class upper category. Great feat I must confess considering where they were coming from after the civil war.

The resilience of the igbos is simply extraordinary even outside their domain. There is something special about this ethnic group. Or will I say a divine grace is following them.Every healthy competition is good for development.

The blessings of God is following us everywhere we go.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Drogbs: 9:02pm On Jul 22, 2017
totit:

Same old junk stories and saving face tactics. After being bursted ya'all have suddenly resulted stories how you used to dominate this ,that. Dude, stop this 20£ old stories and self acclaimed figures already.

Shame! cheesy
Unfortunately facts like this are alien to you and your myopic ilks, a typical product of a failed system!
Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by totit: 9:05pm On Jul 22, 2017
Drogbs:

Unfortunately facts like this are alien to you and your myopic ilks, a typical product of a failed system!

Where are the facts if I may ask

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by vanbonattel: 9:07pm On Jul 22, 2017
Mujtahida:

I don't like quota system. I love fruitful and positive competition. Most people love that too but when you begin to color it with the notion of ethnic domination in a country like Nigeria you will generate needless bad blood.

If your last paragraph is truly your intention(which I doubt cos you are not the op) then it's important you learn how to communicate such a laudable intention. I will not have weighed in on this thread if the op had said 'see my people are the best'. You can only fight the best by being the best. But with domination nko? How do you fight? It leads to hostility, violence and bloodshed. My objection is against the word 'dominate' or domination. The moment even the best seeks to use his 'bestness' to dominate it would no longer be the issue of being best or better but simply domination. Go on and be the best. I can't quarel against that.

You sound quite reasonable, so I will respond with more reason. It's true that the Igbos sometimes sound annoying, especially with our achievements, this should not be seen as an affront to other tribes. We are doing so harmlessly, and that's how we behave even in our place. We might be wrong to expect everyone to understand us and look the other way, but is there any crime in a goal scorer throwing his shirt away, leaping over the ledge to embrace the cheering crowd? grin Just allow us to have a few laughs, especially knowing where we are coming from and the unapologized injustices we still bear from past and current suppression.

Yes I intend to make the country see a need for serious healthy competition towards producing competent leaders from today's youth, but I feel frustrated when some people support illiterates to lead us all, even with the abundant brilliant minds we all have. And I feel especially bad knowing that a tribe supported this current government, even when they knew they are far from being the best of brains.

The only way we can get out of this mess togethers is to entrust the positions of authority to those brilliant enough to manage them. And when I look in this country, I just feel like such can never happen. We feel hopeless in this current situation, and that's why we are starting to ask for a different country, where merit will be honoured.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Mujtahida: 9:07pm On Jul 22, 2017
@Vanbonattel I want you to pay attention to words and the perception they create. Look at this scenario: I go to a community and settle there. My children grow up there and eventually get into positions of power and influence and then I take pride in their achievements by telling those in the community that my sons are DOING WELL by SERVING the community through their positions and that I am PROUD of them.
In this way I can take pride in their achievements without drawing unnecessary hatred(human beings are naturally prone to envy and hatred not to talk of when one starts putting it to their face) but imagine if I go around town shouting at every drinking joint, every social gathering: 'my sons dominate, they dominate and will continue to dominate ' how would you react? The fact is I want to take pride in their achievements but in the first instance I would have done it with tact, sensitivity and wisdom and in the second instance would have done it foolishly and it might even be counter productive if it leads the community to boot my sons out of their position of power and influence.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Drogbs: 9:12pm On Jul 22, 2017
totit:

Where are the facts if I may ask

grin grin
I can reorientate you with those facts if you promise to be less of an idiot and be a good student? grin...but Ogbeni look around you and see the facts for yourself...those "Omo nnas" are far smarter than you are...you say dem no dey school but everyday realities like this thread, Waec, Jamb etc show a different story...if its not Anambra leading today it will be Imo or Abia tomorrow(records are there if you want to see proof) while the suffersticated...sorry sophisticated yoruba el dorado's like Osun, Ogun, Ekiti etc as usual trail behind...na only Lagos dey elevate una small, but that isn't saying much cause its a center of gravity for all Nigerians anyway...where exactly do yorubas outperform Igbos? Sports? Entertainment? Commerce? Education? Technology? where?
Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by TVTKOKO(m): 9:12pm On Jul 22, 2017
vanbonattel:

Your disappointment is at finding your tribesmen doing 2/2 while others are getting 1st class cheesy
yes i agree with you. Are you satisfied??
Now get off my mentions. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by DerideGull(m): 9:14pm On Jul 22, 2017
Mujtahida:
@Vanbonattel I want you to pay attention to words and the perception they create. Look at this scenario: I go to a community and settle there. My children grow up there and eventually get into positions of power and influence and then I take pride in their achievements by telling those in the community that my sons are DOING WELL by SERVING the community through their positions and that I am PROUD of them.
In this way I can take pride in their achievements without drawing unnecessary hatred(human beings are naturally prone to envy and hatred not to talk of when one starts putting it to their face) but imagine if I go around town shouting at every drinking joint, every social gathering: 'my sons dominate, they dominate and will continue to dominate ' how would you react? The fact is I want to take pride in their achievements but in the first instance I would have done it with tact, sensitivity and wisdom and in the second instance would have done it foolishly and it might even be counter productive if it leads the community to boot my sons out of their position of power and influence.

If there is iota of unity in Nigeria, this plank of statement is not necessary and if it is ever uttered in vain, the such nonsense is overlooked. However Nigerian society stood with no unity and the pretense of such fiat was murdered by pogrom of 1966 in northern region of Nigeria.
Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Mujtahida: 9:18pm On Jul 22, 2017
vanbonattel:

You sound quite reasonable, so I will respond with more reason. It's true that the Igbos sometimes sound annoying, especially with our achievements, this should not be seen as an affront to other tribes. We are doing so harmlessly, and that's how we behave even in our place. We might be wrong to expect everyone to understand us and look the other way, but is there any crime in a goal scorer throwing his shirt away, leaping over the ledge to embrace the cheering crowd? grin Just allow us to have a few laughs, especially knowing where we are coming from and the unapologized injustices we still bear from past and current suppression.

Yes I intend to make the country see a need for serious healthy competition towards producing competent leaders from today's youth, but I feel frustrated when some people support illiterates to lead us all, even with the abundant brilliant minds we all have. And I feel especially bad knowing that a tribe supported this current government, even when they knew they are far from being the best of brains.

The only way we can get out of this mess togethers is to entrust the positions of authority to those brilliant enough to manage them. And when I look in this country, I just feel like such can never happen. We feel hopeless in this current situation, and that's why we are starting to ask for a different country, where merit will be honoured.
Do you know people don't like Ronaldo just because of his goal celebration style? Note they don't hate that he scores goals ooo they just hate how he celebrates it. And Ronaldo does not even top it by saying he will dominate or that he is dominating.
I know in a deep experiential sense how one can be the best, create competition amongst others, inspire and motivate them without creating the needless animosity generated when one begins to think in terms of dominating others. Why do you guys want Biafra? Is it not because you feel rightly or wrongly that you are being dominated? Why the perennial, unceasing cry of marginalisation?
then why look at everything through the prism of dominate or domination?

That's why I say we can have the best, be the best without trying to dominate others if being the best is what we truly seek and not domination.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Drogbs: 9:18pm On Jul 22, 2017
I laughed when they claimed Igbos only excel in petty trade aka 2×2 shops as they call it, funny but one fact that escapes them is that from that same 2×2 shop, an Igbo man will still manage to build a house(I mean mansion) in his village in Anambra or Imo, live in a decent flat somewhere in Lagos or worse case scenario own a face me and face you which will have yoruba tenants in it, send his kids to quality schools, pay his taxes, and be less of a financial liability to society than the agbero misfits that will come demand for "owo mi da" tomorrow at his shop...if anyone wants to understand ingenuity and business acumen, contact the Igbo man next door to you...no be my mouth.
Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by totit: 9:22pm On Jul 22, 2017
Drogbs:

I can reorientate you with those facts if you promise to be less of an idiot and be a good student? grin...but Ogbeni look around you and see the facts for yourself...those "Omo nnas" are far smarter than you are ....you say dem no dey school but everyday realities like this thread, Waec, Jamb etc show a different story...if its not Anambra leading today it will be Imo or Abia tomorrow(records are there if you want to see proof) while the suffersticated...sorry sophisticated yoruba el dorado's like Osun, Ogun, Ekiti etc as usual trail behind...na only Lagos dey elevate una small, but that isn't saying much cause its a center of gravity for all Nigerians anyway...where exactly do yorubas outperform Igbos? Sports? Entertainment? Commerce? Education? Technology? where?

All i asked is a very simple question but take a look at unnecessary junk and stories you pull up there while sweating under your aba T-shirt.

Like serious! You want to reorientate me with facts but all you could come up with is Ogbeni look around you and see the facts for yourself...

You level of reasoning is obviously low. Thou you tried so hard to appear intelligent.

Like WTF. grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:50pm On Jul 22, 2017
This thread perfectly encapsulates the reasons in Achebe's words "Nigerians would come to no other common consensus other than their common hatred for the Igbo man". And weirdly, many Igbos here seem to delight in creating resentment just to overcome their inferiority complex. Vulgar arrogance is a tragic flaw among Igbos that makes me ashamed quite often to be Igbo.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Kagawa10: 9:56pm On Jul 22, 2017
tossie101:
Igbos have always been ahead of them..
But they used their media lies to deceive people people that they ar3 more intellingent than igbos.

Now the truh is comming out.

Only dullards attend private university in the first place. Hence, I'm not surprised to see plenty of Ibo children in the school.
Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:03pm On Jul 22, 2017
Kagawa10:

Only dullards attend private university in the first place. Hence, I'm not surprised to see plenty of Ibo children in the school.

I once thought the same, but believe it or not, these days, Covenant graduates are the most accomplished in the market. Private Universities are now exceeding their underfunded public counterparts.
Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by coptic: 10:26pm On Jul 22, 2017
Obi1kenobi:
This thread perfectly encapsulates the reasons in Achebe's words "Nigerians would come to no other common consensus other than their common hatred for the Igbo man". And weirdly, many Igbos here seem to delight in creating resentment just to overcome their inferiority complex. Vulgar arrogance is a tragic flaw among Igbos that makes me ashamed quite often to be Igbo.

You're really a rare breed; the kind Nigeria needs to move forward.

Bless!

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Drogbs: 10:54pm On Jul 22, 2017
totit:

All i asked is a very simple question but take a look at unnecessary junk and stories you pull up there while sweating under your aba T-shirt.

Like serious! You want to reorientate me with facts but all you could come up with is Ogbeni look around you and see the facts for yourself...

You level of reasoning is obviously low. Thou you tried so hard to appear intelligent.

Like WTF. grin grin
You are too forward grin, do you want to learn some fatcs or not? I'm only psyching you up, been the low IQ belligerent that you are, a typecast of unbred yoruba filth, relax and ask me nicely to tame you with facts.
Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Guestlander: 10:56pm On Jul 22, 2017
Mujtahida:

Do you know people don't like Ronaldo just because of his goal celebration style? Note they don't hate that he scores goals ooo they just hate how he celebrates it. And Ronaldo does not even top it by saying he will dominate or that he is dominating.
I know in a deep experiential sense how one can be the best, create competition amongst others, inspire and motivate them without creating needless the animosity generated when one begins to think in terms of dominating others. Why do you guys want Biafra? Is it not because you feel rightly or wrongly that you are being dominated? Why the perennial, unceasing cry of marginalisation?
then why look at everything through the prism of dominate or domination?

That's why I say we can have the best, be the best without trying to dominate others if being the best is what we truly seek and not domination.

This is one of the best insights I've read on this thread. If you dominate everything where then is the marginalization you complain about? It doesn't make sense.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Drogbs: 10:57pm On Jul 22, 2017
Obi1kenobi:
So its inferiority complex when Igbos defend themselves against the irreducible idiots that proliferate this forum with tribal insults at them right?
Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by totit: 11:14pm On Jul 22, 2017
Drogbs:

You are too forward grin, do you want to learn some fatcs or not? I'm only psyching you up, been the low IQ belligerent that you are, a typecast of unbred yoruba filth, relax and ask me nicely to tame you with facts.

grin

When you are done talking junk upon junk accompany with insult to safe face, and ready to provide facts and not aba made, oral Stats mention me. cheesy

Dey Der dey borbor yah self. All these long tori na aba made abeg grin

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Bimpe29: 11:15pm On Jul 22, 2017
SegunAdewole:
These Ibo people sef... why God give them brain like this?

Olorun oo..... ejo emi na fe di Ibo. grin grin

You can swap your soo and become one
Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Cypmeni(m): 11:15pm On Jul 22, 2017
coptic:

You're really a rare breed; the kind Nigeria needs to move forward.

Bless!

Of course, a lost Igbo man that is ashamed of his Igbo ethnicity is a delight to Igbo hating Nigerians.

No surprises that you like him. grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by deomelo: 11:16pm On Jul 22, 2017
Drogbs:

So its inferiority complex when Igbos defend themselves against the irreducible idiots that proliferate this forum with tribal insults at them right?

You are free to defend yourself, but not with lies, fraudulent claims and 419 info like you people perpetrate all the time.

All you people do is lie lie lie lie all over the place.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Bimpe29: 11:16pm On Jul 22, 2017
Over a hundred first class graduands, is something else. Is it that easy?
Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Drogbs: 11:17pm On Jul 22, 2017
deomelo:

You are free to defend yourself, but not with lies, fraudulent claims and 419 info like you people perpetrate all the time.

And yorubas are exempted from all those vices abi? Nyggah GTFOH, you use falsehoods to come at me for doing likewise, nobody holy pass abi? We only playing your game back, reverse psychology.
Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Cypmeni(m): 11:19pm On Jul 22, 2017
What I noticed from the list is that Yorubas dominate the Covenant university in numbers,but not in quality.

Igbos are simply punching above their weight(numerical disadvantage) in the school.

I was also impressed with the Midwest contingent there, they were on point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by deomelo: 11:20pm On Jul 22, 2017
Drogbs:

And yorubas are exempted from all those vices abi? Nyggah GTFOH, you use falsehoods to come at me for doing likewise, nobody holy pass abi? We only playing your game back, reverse psychology.

I know for a fact that we don't lie or make dumb, ignorant, false and wild claims on NL and if you have any shred of evidencce that we do, please show us or keep quiet.

Again, all you people do is lie lie lie lie and it's all because of your crude, crass, shallow and empty thinking topped of with low self esteem and insecurity.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Drogbs: 11:20pm On Jul 22, 2017
deomelo:

And yorubas are exempted from all those vices abi? Nyggah GTFOH, you use falsehoods to come at me for doing likewise, nobody holy pass abi? We only playing your game back, reverse psychology...if yorubas claim most sophisticated while demonizing us, we have every right to trash any yoruba attempt to come at us sideways, stay in your lane while I stay in mine is the way to go...but you worthless rodents literally flock to every thread about Igbos or Biafra.
Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by deomelo: 11:21pm On Jul 22, 2017
[s]
Drogbs:

And yorubas are exempted from all those vices abi? Nyggah GTFOH, you use falsehoods to come at me for doing likewise, nobody holy pass abi? We only playing your game back, reverse psychology...if yorubas claim most sophisticated while demonizing us, we have every right to trash any yoruba attempt to come at us sideways, stay in your lane while I stay in mine is the way to go...but you worthless rodents literally flock to every thread about Igbos or Biafra.
[/s]

I know for a fact that we don't lie or make dumb, ignorant, false and wild claims on NL and if you have any shred of evidencce that we do, please show us or keep quiet.

Again, all you people do is lie lie lie lie and it's all because of your crude, crass, shallow and empty thinking topped of with low self esteem and insecurity.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by Drogbs: 11:22pm On Jul 22, 2017
deomelo:

Yeah yorubas don't lie, that's why they have produced immaculate leaders like Tinubu, Obasanjo and the rest, guy just fu.ckk off with your shallow delusions abeg
Re: Igbo Students Dominate Covenant University 1st Class Graduates List Pic by deomelo: 11:24pm On Jul 22, 2017
[s]
Drogbs:

Yeah yorubas don't lie, that's why they have produced immaculate leaders like Tinubu, Obasanjo and the rest, guy just fu.ckk off with your shallow delusions abeg
[/s]

Show us the lie and the topic is here on NL, not Tinubu even though I know you jokers see Tinubu in your sleep.

Show us the lie or STFU and get lost with your warped rubbish.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Rebuild Borno: Osinbajo Meets With Shettima And Military Chiefs [PHOTOS] / Anti-Open Grazing: Akeredolu Says Southern Governors Won’t Reply Miyetti Allah / 10 Ways Buhari Has Tackled Corruption Without Anti Graft Agencies – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.