Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,678 members, 7,955,493 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:38 AM

Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota (42814 Views)

Advertorial: Presidency Spites PUNCH Newspaper Over Major-General Row / Do You Live/Work In Major Parts Of The Abuja Metropolis? Then There’s Good News! / Man Swims On Lekki Road As Flood Takes Over Lagos Island (Watch Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by dfrost: 4:15pm On Jul 22, 2017
Ajibel:
Ambode is to be blamed for this. Because of his beef with Fashola, he stopped Fashola's waste program for his. Stopped the monthly sanitation and here, look at what we have.

Please investigate matters before commenting on a public forum. Ambode did not stop monthly sanitation. The case was already in court before he became a governor. A lawyer argued that sanitation should not hinder movement and won the case after it dragged for a long time.

See below links:

http://www.lawyard.ng/appeal-court-declares-environmental-sanitation-in-lagos-unconstitutional/

http://thenigerialawyer.com/court-of-appeal-judgement-on-restriction-of-movement-on-environmental-sanitation-staturdays/
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by samuel19222(m): 4:16pm On Jul 22, 2017
Attention pls!
if your name is Anita, I won't mention your surname.....
Born January 17th, won't mention the year also, and you did pregnancy test at JOLAD clinic, �
am at Ipaja roundabout now eating roasted� corn with your result sheet�...
I want to use this medium to tell u its positive�✔✔

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by CaptainFM1: 4:18pm On Jul 22, 2017
A city under water! A time is coming that we will all have to learn how to paddle. Seriously, we will start buying canoes instead of cars.
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by joey048(m): 4:18pm On Jul 22, 2017
keneto1424:
thunder fire pdp who lead us to this mess. since they are in power, they were just looting money no plan for funture
PDP in Lagos why don't you have sense

2 Likes

Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by koolcat: 4:20pm On Jul 22, 2017
bkool7:
Taiwo is off Ago Palace way

Ago Palace way has good drainage but the indiscrimate dumping of pure water bottles and sachets has blocked some of the drainages. Ali dada busstop is sometimes flooded when it rains heavily
baba which one is off again? For ur info, taiwo is in ago palace way and not off...it is just 3 or 4 streets away from okota roundabout.
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by delishpot: 4:21pm On Jul 22, 2017
Free swimming pool
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by olaboy1: 4:23pm On Jul 22, 2017
obinna222:

I totally agree with you. Drove pass an area recently and saw plenty of pure water nylon in their drain channel. People also need to start living responsibly. Instead they will blame the government for everything

I don't know what miracle we expect to achieve in raining season when we have the poorest of drainage system in the world and then our attitude in dumping refuse anywhere and everywhere. I don't think we should be complaining at all.

Generally we should have waste bins at every 500 meters and the job of the local government is to dispose the bins daily with mini specialized equipment designed to do that job.

Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by inimitkel(m): 4:24pm On Jul 22, 2017
About a fortnight ago it was the islanders at the receiving end of the flood menace...I guess its the turn of the mainlanders wink
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by stinggy(m): 4:25pm On Jul 22, 2017
three:

Would this be Open Drainage or Closed Drainage?
Closed. Worst case scenario, open drainage. Are the people meant to dump waste in drainages? There are waste bins - privately-owned or government provided but you and I know most people won't make use of it.
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by Chukazu: 4:26pm On Jul 22, 2017
bkool7:

Ago Palace way has good drainage but the indiscrimate dumping of pure water bottles and sachets has blocked some of the drainages. Ali dada busstop is sometimes flooded when it rains heavily

Good drainage ke?... Which Ago?

The issues of drainage is very holistic, you can't talk of drainage on the main way when there are no tarred roads along the adjoining streets.
One can hardly count up to five roads that are tarred in the entire stretch of Ago Palace
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by VanBommel(m): 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2017
FBM0NEY:
work from home and get your bank account grow using the newly introduced "Facebook @ work" facebook app.
with which you can make $100 - $1,000 daily.
simply follow the link to start making money
https://apps.facebook.com/techworeld/proo/?i=942844
hope it isn't virus?
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by bbbabes(f): 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2017
Thank God I live in the sky
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by Irritant: 4:37pm On Jul 22, 2017
shocked grin
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by Sydneyege10(m): 4:38pm On Jul 22, 2017
Waaaawwwwwuuuuuu....

Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by AntiWailer: 4:40pm On Jul 22, 2017
YelloweWest:

Yes!! If need be! Haven't y9u seen pics of foriegn leaders packing trash or doing community service??

It is only in this country that of elected officials are masters instead of servants!

By the way are there not sanitation funds?? What osas ambode doing with it??

Really ?

Wait for your turn then.

He will soon pack gutter reach ur side.
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by hush15: 4:40pm On Jul 22, 2017
three:
Governance is about planning

Planning for eventualities

Seeking creative solutions to stretch scarce resources to all parts of one's constituency

Uplifting the quality of life of residents. Enabling dreams.

Nigerians are NOT used to good innovative, transparent governance

Like that fineeee babe that's tickled by that BADT GUY, She knows his lying but coos, "tell me more - I like it". Everyone tells her the guy is a player, he's got other girls, but in her eyes they are - enemies of progress. She hooks up with him. He beats her.
She says it's love.

Nigerians will take a 'Fine Boi' over a good guy each and every time. "See how people look at me when I'm with him". No self worth.

I hope the people of this community puts this into consideration when they went to the polling boot to vote for their chairman and ward councillors who can push for development of their constituents
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by olaboy1: 4:41pm On Jul 22, 2017
Take a look at the pix up there, do you still think the flooding is caused majorly by zero drainage, absolutely not.

We should first learn how to live as responsible adults. We must start from the class room in teaching the children during social and health studies how to behave responsibly in the society, and also use the social media to create awareness.

Compel our local governments to put up waste bins in every 500 meters. We should also have big waste disposal container attached to 5 buildings at most.
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by Mbediogu(m): 4:41pm On Jul 22, 2017
He shouldn't have invoked the spirits of the lagoon. Now here they come. This is part one and everyone is crying. Eko oni baje.
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by dedons: 4:42pm On Jul 22, 2017
bkool7:

oga stop saying what you don't know.

I stay at Ago, Grandmate to be precise. Whenever it rains, even if it's just a little, all Ago streets are always like that except Palace way.

The drainage system need to be looked into.

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by pressplay411(m): 4:43pm On Jul 22, 2017
bkool7:

If you be babe now I for say mk we link up.grin That's my territory. Wagwan.
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by Sobolexy2580: 4:43pm On Jul 22, 2017
Why all dis flood dey happen for big man side
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by Shoboy6h: 4:43pm On Jul 22, 2017
keneto1424:
thunder fire pdp who lead us to this mess. since they are in power, they were just looting money no plan for funture

You're a big fool. PDP will repair a state government owned road for you? Tell me how many pdp govs that as rule Lagos State? Non!
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by Alariwo2: 4:44pm On Jul 22, 2017
This is bound to happen when some people leave their region to overcrowd a small state like Lagos.

Let the Igbos stay in their region and see if the flood won't reduce. They live anywhere, build houses anywhere without proper planning just because they want to live in their "London" among gods (Yoruba). Even the waste emitted has trippled with no means for disposal

Yoruba ronu.. don't let outsiders useless our region finish and run back to theirs.
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by khalids: 4:44pm On Jul 22, 2017
Ajibel:
Ambode is to be blamed for this. Because of his beef with Fashola, he stopped Fashola's waste program for his. Stopped the monthly sanitation and here, look at what we have.

Note....Ambode did not stop the monthly sanitation....It was your fellow lagosian who felt that the state was disturbing his business that took the lagos state govt to court regarding the monthly sanitation and the court ordered the stoppage......

So blame your fellow Lagosian, who feels that taking out a day in the month to clean his environment is too much to ask....
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by pressplay411(m): 4:45pm On Jul 22, 2017
dedons:
oga stop saying what you don't know.

I stay at Ago, Grandmate to be precise. Whenever it rains, even if it's just a little, all Ago streets are always like that except Palace way.

The drainage system need to be looked into.

You both can't just generalize. Some parts of Ago have good drainage, some are just eye sore. I can only imagine what century axis looks like right now.
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by Aragon: 4:48pm On Jul 22, 2017
Whenever I visited Nigeria and Buy Corn, Groundnut etc after eating I look for where to throw the Peel or stub away and my friends laugh hysterically at me and ask me to throw them in the Gutter etc and I will Refuse, and they will say that's where people throw them. I usually take them along with me. Last year I actually gave a groundnut seller some money and asked him to promise he wouldn't throw away the peelas in the gutter after I finished eating part of what I bought cos he was about to do that. I took time to explain to the young chap that the Peel will block the Drainage, which will in turn breed Mosquitoes and which will inturn give him Malaria and he will spend more money on treatment. He understood my point, took the peels and money that I gave him and promised not to throw the peels in the gutter. Well here we are again, the rains are here and Flooding everywhere partly caused by the same people that are now suffering it cos if all the Gutters and Drainage systems are not Clogged up there will be free flow of water and majority of this flooding would be avoided. I hope someone might learn a thing or two from my post. Or we will be back here next year with same problem and the people do their usual Insulting and blaming the government which will actually change nothing. The choice is yours

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by Tedassie(m): 4:52pm On Jul 22, 2017
Lagos: City of aquatic splendour

Na hin be dis cheesy

angry
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by 9jatatafo(m): 4:52pm On Jul 22, 2017
keneto1424:

When did PDP rule Lagos? Let's be reasonable for once.
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by dumie(f): 4:53pm On Jul 22, 2017
Sacluxpaint:
Mainland indeed! Abeg make I dey swim for my lekki joor.

Funny you..
Its not that bad in lekki this time around

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 4:53pm On Jul 22, 2017
Black man is really stupid, as evident on this thread.

Instead of you guys to advocate for covered drainage like they have in advanced countries, so that dirt can never enter, you are here asking people not to throw dirt in an OPEN gutter undecided

Nigerians must be one of the daftest creatures on the face of the earth.

How can u prevent people from throwing stuff in an open gutter Heck, even road and animal debris, might naturally find it's way into an OPEN gutter.

Why not, for once in your daft lives, advocate for a closed drainage system

I guess though Nigerians are born to suffer, mtcheew
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by pellummy(m): 4:56pm On Jul 22, 2017
Goverment should pls find a better solution holistic one, this jst a day rain ooo,
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by Chukazu: 4:58pm On Jul 22, 2017
hush15:

I hope the people of this community puts this into consideration when they went to the polling boot to vote for their chairman and ward councillors who can push for development of their constituents

I was actually discussing the issue of the election this morning as it relates with Ago

It seems the problem will continue for a longer time.
The residents always vote for opposition parties, and after which they don't win and it becomes A political game, because the ruling party keeps saying that..

"you people did not vote for us and you expect us to come to your aid?"
and I don't see Ago voting for APC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari’s Eligibility Suit Suffers Setback, Adjourned To April 22 / Governor Wike Laughs As A Comedian Mimics Him At An Event (Video) / Protesters Attack Oyo Governor's Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.