Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,433 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota (42461 Views)

Advertorial: Presidency Spites PUNCH Newspaper Over Major-General Row / Do You Live/Work In Major Parts Of The Abuja Metropolis? Then There’s Good News! / Man Swims On Lekki Road As Flood Takes Over Lagos Island (Watch Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by Reference(m): 5:06pm On Jul 22, 2017
olaboy1:

I don't know what miracle we expect to achieve in raining season when we have the poorest of drainage system in the world and then our attitude in dumping refuse anywhere and everywhere. I don't think we should be complaining at all.

Generally we should have waste bins at every 500 meters and the job of the local government is to dispose the bins daily with mini specialized equipment designed to do that job.

Mega city or mega septic tank...yuck. The stench must be maddening. Very soon that city will become like Venice and the inevitable hybrid between molues and gondolas called mongols. You guys should flee that city before an epidemic breaks out. Water wells and boreholes will be teeming with every bacteria known to mankind.
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by Ratello: 5:16pm On Jul 22, 2017
olaboy1:

I don't know what miracle we expect to achieve in raining season when we have the poorest of drainage system in the world and then our attitude in dumping refuse anywhere and everywhere. I don't think we should be complaining at all.

Generally we should have waste bins at every 500 meters and the job of the local government is to dispose the bins daily with mini specialized equipment designed to do that job.
Please don't tell me this is part of today's rain at Okota.
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by BlackGoldBoy: 5:19pm On Jul 22, 2017
Serves taiwo street right..... they'll neva keep der environment clean, especially at the entrance were they have that small market
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by taayourty(m): 5:37pm On Jul 22, 2017
Some stupid people criticizing Lagos state government has never leave their clan to know The street of Lagos. Lagos is surrounded by water. Your idiocy know no bound because flood happens every where. come to Ago Palace way and know what is call a good road construction.
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by Nightking04(m): 5:42pm On Jul 22, 2017
What is that man trying to fix in the car? can't stop laughing.
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by YelloweWest: 5:46pm On Jul 22, 2017
AntiWailer:

Really ?

Wait for your turn then.

He will soon pack gutter reach ur side.
If the people elect me I will gladly do it to show example.
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by Flawlessness: 5:51pm On Jul 22, 2017
Very bad.
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by Sagay212: 6:05pm On Jul 22, 2017
Na water go still carry all of us go for this world wey we dey....
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by sisisioge: 6:12pm On Jul 22, 2017
Omg! Fear is really catching me now. Dearest Lord in heaven! It is well o.
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by no1madman(m): 6:25pm On Jul 22, 2017
Danielmoore:
Ambode is working indeed
Awon werey
indeed! Yeye kountry
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by TunnyOgunnowo(m): 6:27pm On Jul 22, 2017
It's not just Okota that is flooded today. Surulere, Yaba and Ikeja were also submerged with heavy flood. It looked like that of Lekki that happened earlier this month.

See videos and photos of Surulere, Yaba and Ikeja rocked with here flood > http://www.absolutehearts.com/2017/07/lekki-flood-part-2-surulere-yaba-ikeja.html

Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by yinkslinks(m): 6:29pm On Jul 22, 2017
NOAH should come save us ooooooo
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by Collins10(m): 6:30pm On Jul 22, 2017
EnigmaticEnigma:
Black man is really stupid, as evident on this thread.

Instead of you guys to advocate for covered drainage like they have in advanced countries, so that dirt can never enter, you are here asking people not to throw dirt in an OPEN gutter undecided

Nigerians must be one of the daftest creatures on the face of the earth.

How can u prevent people from throwing stuff in an open gutter Heck, even road and animal debris, might naturally find it's way into an OPEN gutter.

Why not, for once in your daft lives, advocate for a closed drainage system

I guess though Nigerians are born to suffer, mtcheew
Hey! You've said enough for a day! Now, shut up and go to bed! Who are you calling stupid Are your Parents not black people? Please take your time o! What was all that insult for? Haba!!!
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 22, 2017
This is how colorful surulere flood is grin grin

Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by Kayrich(m): 6:32pm On Jul 22, 2017
Does anywhere in Ikorodu too flooded?
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by Smoothie01(f): 6:52pm On Jul 22, 2017
millionz:
This is how colorful surulere flood is grin grin
shocked shocked shocked
Pls tell me this ain't real??
Looks like centuries of dirts, confined to the deep open drainages, finally getting a taste of freedom, obviously to the discomfort of humans undecided jeez!
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by patonyx1: 7:01pm On Jul 22, 2017
The Govt shouldn't have banned the Monthly sanitation, instead look for other ways to enforce the residents of Lagos in clearing their surroundings and drainage systems.

Mushin (Olorunsogo B/stop thru, Mushin b/stop, Olosha, Idioro) along the Agege Motor road is a serious eye-sore. Filled with waste being dumped by the residents and market traders.

stacyadams:
grin grin if u tell them to clear gutter,them no go hear..well e no affect my area for okota..

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by orjaha(m): 7:05pm On Jul 22, 2017
when the foundation destroy what will righteous do?

when the PDP failed to plan, what will APC do now?
at the time of PDP, in land of Nigeria, the administration was 1) executhief 2) legislooter 3) judisharing
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 22, 2017
DerideGull:
Fashola worked like a magician. I once said that a goat could look like a genius as governor of Lagos State.

+1 grin

Tinubu dynasty continues to empty Lagos treasury while they placate the citizens with fancy schemes like urban mass transit scheme, light rail, etc
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 7:25pm On Jul 22, 2017
Collins10:
Hey! You've said enough for a day! Now, shut up and go to bed! Who are you calling stupid Are your Parents not black people? Please take your time o! What was all that insult for? Haba!!!

Sorry Bro, but if u throw a bottle in your bath tub, will that bottle make its way to your bathroom drainage

Same difference here.

You can't construct roads with open tiny gutters and expect all of the population to act in unison to avoid littering. That's like saying you can tell everyone in the world to accept world peace and all the wars just totally come to an end.

There is almost nowhere in this world that people don't litter.

I was in the UK once and I spotted some guy in a car look left and right, then proceed to flinging his mcdonalds food bag on the road, along with his empty soda drink.

Difference is, that trash will never get a chance to enter the drainage there since its covered. So worst case scenario is that you have a dirty environment for a while before street sweepers come in to clean the garbage.

Bottom line is, build closed drainage systems since you already know that you can never stop people from littering. This doesn't mean you won't still enforce littering laws.

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 22, 2017
dumie:

Funny you..
Its not that bad in lekki this time around

Yes luv
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by VickyRotex(f): 7:56pm On Jul 22, 2017
mayorkyzo:
So sad anytime there's heavy downpour most major cities gets flooded..government has to look into making good drainages and citizens need to stop indiscriminate dumping of refuse on the drainage systems...

Thanks! This comment settles it for me. Most people just blame the government! But I'm glad someone sees it from both sides.
Citizens will never accept their fault! Common, look at the other picture with food packs. Is it government that came to drop those food packs there?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by VickyRotex(f): 8:00pm On Jul 22, 2017
Where's the guy that said Mainland doesnt get flooded? Or the guy that said governement is 100% at fault?
I hope you're seeing this?
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by olaboy1: 8:20pm On Jul 22, 2017
EnigmaticEnigma:
Black man is really stupid, as evident on this thread.

Instead of you guys to advocate for covered drainage like they have in advanced countries, so that dirt can never enter, you are here asking people not to throw dirt in an OPEN gutter undecided

Nigerians must be one of the daftest creatures on the face of the earth.

How can u prevent people from throwing stuff in an open gutter Heck, even road and animal debris, might naturally find it's way into an OPEN gutter.

Why not, for once in your daft lives, advocate for a closed drainage system

I guess though Nigerians are born to suffer, mtcheew

Asking the govt to construct an underground drainage it's almost same cost of constructing tram tracks without the trams across the whole of Lagos, which do you think we should advocate for first.

The point many of us are making is the Nigerian populace changing his living habits. We need to start from there before we can move forward.
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by Isaacpyo04(m): 9:07pm On Jul 22, 2017
sume67roch:
holy sh*t....someone dn make canoe already sef..
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 9:29pm On Jul 22, 2017
olaboy1:

Asking the govt to construct an underground drainage it's almost same cost of constructing tram tracks without the trams across the whole of Lagos, which do you think we should advocate for first.

The point many of us are making is the Nigerian populace changing his living habits. We need to start from there before we can move forward.

Ola, why can't we do them simultaneously

OK, forget about deep drainages for a sec. Let's focus on just the covers for gutters.

Can't we have all the gutters covered Walk around your neighbourhood and see just how many gutters are uncovered.

Remember that just one street with an uncovered drain could potentially cause mayhem for a whole community, as that would be the street were garbage would freely enter the drain channels, causing blockage even at locations with covered gutters.

Can't we also modify the covers to include filter meshes How much is it really to mould a block of cement, that the government can't do this consistently everywhere

Mould covers that include filter meshes that filter out objects larger than 2cm in width. Then place these covers everywhere and I mean everywhere,on every freakinggg gutter, shikena

I don't think that solution is that difficult or expensive.

Obviously, the government should still enforce littering laws, but my argument here is that, when you design, your design has to account for flaws and overcome them.

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by fowosh: 9:39pm On Jul 22, 2017
Ajibel:
Ambode is to be blamed for this. Because of his beef with Fashola, he stopped Fashola's waste program for his. Stopped the monthly sanitation and here, look at what we have.
he didn't stop the monthly sanitation...an issue erupted some months ago , a man was arrested on a faithful sat DAT was meant to b for sanitation,in lieu of dat,d man sued Lagos state to court and he won...den d court asked Lagos state to truncate d monthly saturday sanitation
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by NovusHomo(m): 12:37am On Jul 23, 2017
veekid:
Ambode sef

Mofo stealing lIke no one''s business. Eko ti b'aje. grin
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by NovusHomo(m): 12:41am On Jul 23, 2017
CaptainFM1:
A city under water! A time is coming that we will all have to learn how to paddle. Seriously, we will start buying canoes instead of cars.

The time is now. Believe me, it will get worse.
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by Collins10(m): 12:48am On Jul 23, 2017
EnigmaticEnigma:

Sorry Bro, but if u throw a bottle in your bath tub, will that bottle make its way to your bathroom drainage

Same difference here.

You can't construct roads with open tiny gutters and expect all of the population to act in unison to avoid littering. That's like saying you can tell everyone in the world to accept world peace and all the wars just totally come to an end.

There is almost nowhere in this world that people don't litter.

I was in the UK once and I spotted some guy in a car look left and right, then proceed to flinging his mcdonalds food bag on the road, along with his empty soda drink.

Difference is, that trash will never get a chance to enter the drainage there since its covered. So worst case scenario is that you have a dirty environment for a while before street sweepers come in to clean the garbage.

Bottom line is, build closed drainage systems since you already know that you can never stop people from littering. This doesn't mean you won't still enforce littering laws.
Ofcourse you made sense in your first post and you still made a lot of sense in this second one. I just was not comfortable with the loads of insults in that first post...... But I understand what you mean.

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by Ajibel(m): 4:04am On Jul 23, 2017
fowosh:

he didn't stop the monthly sanitation...an issue erupted some months ago , a man was arrested on a faithful sat DAT was meant to b for sanitation,in lieu of dat,d man sued Lagos state to court and he won...den d court asked Lagos state to truncate d monthly saturday sanitation

Bro, it was under Fashola that the court awarded the case against LASG but Fash refused and insisted on the decision not to stop the monthly sanitation citing instances of what could happen.

Ambode came in and in his bid to show he has human sympathy decided to agree with the court decision instead of appealing. Now see where his human sympathy has led us to. Those he is showing sympathy for are not even showing sympathy in return to the environment.
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota by olaboy1: 5:53am On Jul 23, 2017
EnigmaticEnigma:

Ola, why can't we do them simultaneously

OK, forget about deep drainages for a sec. Let's focus on just the covers for gutters.

Can't we have all the gutters covered Walk around your neighbourhood and see just how many gutters are uncovered.

Remember that just one street with an uncovered drain could potentially cause mayhem for a whole community, as that would be the street were garbage would freely enter the drain channels, causing blockage even at locations with covered gutters.

Can't we also modify the covers to include filter meshes How much is it really to mould a block of cement, that the government can't do this consistently everywhere

Mould covers that include filter meshes that filter out objects larger than 2cm in width. Then place these covers everywhere and I mean everywhere,on every freakinggg gutter, shikena

I don't think that solution is that difficult or expensive.

Obviously, the government should still enforce littering laws, but my argument here is that, when you design, your design has to account for flaws and overcome them.

You are right, it's not so expensive to mould covers for the drainages. Another problem is that we are not very proactive and futuristic.
Many of these developed nations always get ready for clearing snows in winter and the preparations include clearing of the drainages, pouring pebbles and salt on the slippery road etc. Nigeria only needs to prepare for around 3 months of raining season and we only have to clear the drainages by end of May to avoid any incessant flooding.

We all should use the social media to ask our local governments how they allocate their monthly budgets. This information should be available to all of us. Where I live everyone can access the cost breakdown of refreshment when Obama visited.

If they can't update budget information on the local governments websites, then we need to start asking questions.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbajo Storms Kuje Prisons / Nigerian Air: FG Spent N190bn On Ethiopian Aircraft Photoshoot- Peter Okoye / N59bn Abuja Airport Expressway Becoming A Death Trap (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.