Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,441 members, 7,830,208 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/07/17 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/07/17 (762 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 26/07/17 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 25/07/17 / Rccg Sunday School Manual(23/07/2017) Rapture: Purpose And Qualification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/07/17 by dallyemmy: 3:42pm On Jul 22, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL...

DATE: SUNDAY JULY 23RD 2017

THEME: DANGERS OF FINANCIAL STORMS I

Memorise:

The poor is hated even of his own neighbor: but the rich hath many friends. Proverb 14:20

Read: Proverb 14:20-22

14:20 The poor is hated even of his own neighbor: but the rich hath many friends.

14:21 He that despiseth his neighbor sinneth: but he that hath mercy on the poor, happy is he.

14:22 Do they not err that devise evil? but mercy and truth shall be to them that devise good.

Peace is desirable because it signifies everything that is calm, quiet and in order. On the other hand, storms are undesirable because they bring turbulence, trouble, fear and absence of rest. While all storms are bad, a financial storm is one of the worst storms that can hit the foundation of an individual, family and community. One reason why financial storms are more deadly is because they can trigger off other storms. For instance, Proverbs 14:20 says,
“The poor is hated even of his own neighbor: but the rich hath many friends.”

This means that because of the poverty of the poor, many of his neighbors prefer to avoid him. Some would even develop hatred for him just for that reason. This describes the attitude of many unsaved people to their poor neighbors. It is most unfortunate that some believers also follow this evil trend. This has led to the formation of cliques and factions in places where there should be unity and togetherness. Psalm 10:2 says that only a wicked and proud fellow would subject the poor to such treatment. Some Church leaders cannot stand seeing those who are not well-to-do. As a result, they discriminate against them, using every excuse in the book. They appoint only those who are rich into positions, even when they know that the poor are more ideal for such positions. If you are involved in such discriminatory practices, remember Psalm 12:5 which says that when the poor cry out to God, He will arise on their behalf against their oppressors.

Are you hated by your neighbors because of the financial storms you are confronted with? Fear not! According to Psalm 69:33, the Lord will hear your cry today and bring you out of poverty and reproach. Moreover, financial storms can make an individual contemplate suicide. In 1 Kings 17:12, due to the financial storms that the widow of Zarephath was going through with her son, she decide that they should just take their last meal and afterwards die. Have you found yourself in a similar situation where you are contemplating or have even attempted suicide? Stop right there! Suicide can never solve your problems. It is worse than going from frying pan into fire. See your pastor, tell him your situation and see what he can do to help. However, more importantly, call on the Lord to deliver you from the challenges you are confronted with. I rebuke every spirit of death suggesting suicide to you right now! I pray that hope be restored in your heart right now in Jesus’ Name.

Action Point:

If your financial storm is so bad that you feel seriously pressured to commit suicide, just know that your turnaround is truly around you. Don’t ever quit, and don’t kill yourself!

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Samuel 21-22
Ezekiel 13:20-14:11

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 4: THROUGH THE LOVE OF GOD OUR SAVIOR

THROUGH the love of God our Saviour,
All will be well;
Free and changeless is His favour,
All, all is well.
Precious is the blood that healed us,
Perfect is the grace that sealed us,
Strong the hand stretched forth to shield us,
All must be well.

Though we pass through tribulation,
All will be well.
Ours is such a full salvation,
All, all is well.
Happy still in God confiding;
Fruitful if in Christ abiding;
Holy through the Spirit's guiding:
All must be well.

We expect a bright tomorrow;
All will be well.
Faith can sing through days of sorrow,
All, all is well.
On our Father's love relying,
Jesus every need supplying;
In our living, in our dying;
All must be well.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/07/17 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 22, 2017
Wow....... you have been doing a great job everyday. Heaven as our target will be our portion in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/07/17 by dupsai(f): 6:38am On Jul 23, 2017
Prayer Points on Today's Open Heavens: (Sunday, July 23, 2017) - DANGERS OF FINANCIAL STORMS I

1.Thank you, Father, for your wishes that l mayest prosper and be in health, even, as my soul prospereth.

2.Father, in anyway, l have fallen short of your glory, please, have mercy and forgive me, in Jesus' name.

3.Father, let every curse of lack and poverty in my life, be destroyed completely by the blood of Jesus.

4.Father, let every financial storm in my life, be replaced with financial peace and stability, in Jesus' name.

5.Father, please, put a permanent end to financial storms, in my life, in Jesus' name.

6.Father, when the poor are being counted in the land, let me never be counted among them, in Jesus' name.

7.Father, give me the grace never to discriminate, hate or look down, on a poor man, on account of his poverty, or less privileged position, in Jesus' name.

8.Father, remove from my life, every garment of lack, poverty and reproach, and burn them to ashes, in Jesus' name.

9.Father, give me a compassionate heart, that is always willing to assist the poor and the less privileged, around me, in Jesus' name.

10.Father, give me the grace, never to close my ears, to the cry of the poor, so that when l cry to you, myself, you will hear and answer me, in Jesus' name.

11.I reject every suggestion from the pit of hell, to end my own life, due to temporary financial difficulties, in Jesus' name.

12.Your Personal petitions.
( Philippians 4:6)
13.In Jesus' name I pray.
(John 14:13-14; 15:16)
14.Thank you Father for answered prayers.
(1 Thessalonians 5:18).
#GodBlessOurNation

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/07/17 by dallyemmy: 8:12am On Jul 23, 2017
RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL MANUAL
LESSON FORTY-SEVEN
SUNDAY, 23RD JULY 2017

TOPIC: RAPTURE: PURPOSE AND QUALIFICATION

MEMORY VERSE: ‘’In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you." - John 14:2

BIBLE PASSAGE: John 14:1-6

INTRODUCTION:
Our last lesson revealed the meaning of the word, rapture. We also discovered events surrounding the rapture as regards timing and other issues. Today's lesson will show us the reasons and the qualification for rapture. May the good Lord teach our hearts and bless our lives with His truth by His Spirit, in Jesus' name.

LESSON OUTLINES
1. Why will the rapture take place?
2. Who will be rapture?

WHY WILL THE RAPTURE TAKE PLACE?
1. To resurrect the just of all ages from among the dead (1Thessalonians 4:13-17).

2. To take the saints out of the world before the tribulation (2Thessalonians2:7-8; 1Thessalonians 1:10).

3. That Jesus Christ might present to Himself a Church without spots or wrinkles (Ephesians 5:27; John 14:1-3).

4. To transform or change the bodies of all faithful saints from mortality to immortality (Philippians 3:20-21; 1Corinthians 15:42-44, 51-53).

5. To assemble the saints at the marriage supper of the Lamb (Revelations 19:7-9).

6. To allow the revelation of the anti-Christ (2Thessalonians 2:1-4).

7. To present saints to God the Father (Jude 24)

8. To make the saints become like Christ at His appearance (1John 3:2-3).

WHO WILL BE RAPTURED?
1. Those who are in Christ at His coming (John 1:12; 2Corinthians 5:17).

2. Those who earnestly desire His appearance (Titus 2:13; Philippians 3:20).

3. Those who love the Lord wholeheartedly (Philippians 3:7-10; John 21:15-17).

4. Those whose citizenship is in Heaven (Philippians 3:20-21; Ephesians 2:19).

5. Those who will live holy even as He is holy (1Peter 1:16; Hebrews 12:14; 1John 3:1-3).

CONCLUSION:
Let us be sober in watchfulness, always fellowshipping together and keeping the unity of the faith in the bond of peace (1Thessalonians 5:6; Hebrews 10:25; Ephesians 4:3).

QUESTIONS
1. State five reasons the rapture would take place.
2. Mention the qualifications of people that would be raptured
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/07/17 by dallyemmy: 5:57am On Jul 24, 2017
dupsai:
Prayer Points on Today's Open Heavens: (Sunday, July 23, 2017) - DANGERS OF FINANCIAL STORMS I

1.Thank you, Father, for your wishes that l mayest prosper and be in health, even, as my soul prospereth.

2.Father, in anyway, l have fallen short of your glory, please, have mercy and forgive me, in Jesus' name.

3.Father, let every curse of lack and poverty in my life, be destroyed completely by the blood of Jesus.

4.Father, let every financial storm in my life, be replaced with financial peace and stability, in Jesus' name.

5.Father, please, put a permanent end to financial storms, in my life, in Jesus' name.

6.Father, when the poor are being counted in the land, let me never be counted among them, in Jesus' name.

7.Father, give me the grace never to discriminate, hate or look down, on a poor man, on account of his poverty, or less privileged position, in Jesus' name.

8.Father, remove from my life, every garment of lack, poverty and reproach, and burn them to ashes, in Jesus' name.

9.Father, give me a compassionate heart, that is always willing to assist the poor and the less privileged, around me, in Jesus' name.

10.Father, give me the grace, never to close my ears, to the cry of the poor, so that when l cry to you, myself, you will hear and answer me, in Jesus' name.

11.I reject every suggestion from the pit of hell, to end my own life, due to temporary financial difficulties, in Jesus' name.

12.Your Personal petitions.
( Philippians 4:6)
13.In Jesus' name I pray.
(John 14:13-14; 15:16)
14.Thank you Father for answered prayers.
(1 Thessalonians 5:18).
#GodBlessOurNation

God bless you!

(1) (Reply)

A Catholic Priest Resigns From Priesthood (pic) / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 26/10/17 / Do Believers Have Guardian Angels?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.