Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Why is Obasanjo Nigerian masses worst nightmare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why is Obasanjo Nigerian masses worst nightmare (1902 Views)

2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! / Young Nigerian Virgin Stripped Unclad: Shame On Nigerian Masses!!! / Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why is Obasanjo Nigerian masses worst nightmare by ashley(f): 2:23pm On Jun 06, 2005
i was very curious when i found that its only obasanjo that nigerians dislike most amongst all presidents and i thought i could get my answers here
Re: Why is Obasanjo Nigerian masses worst nightmare by ashley(f): 2:27pm On Jun 06, 2005
i think it has something to do with his ugliness (not that i am trying to judge him or anything) but dont u all c that d last presidents weren't dat ugly.
Re: Why is Obasanjo Nigerian masses worst nightmare by kazey(m): 2:43pm On Jun 06, 2005
Maybe because he speaks pidgin in public? grin. Well Frankly personally i do not have anything against him.
Re: Why is Obasanjo Nigerian masses worst nightmare by diakim(m): 2:47pm On Jun 06, 2005
The guy is too crude and blunt.
He has no regard for cordiality.
Re: Why is Obasanjo Nigerian masses worst nightmare by Seun(m): 3:35pm On Jun 06, 2005
He's able to command respect outside the country, africa and elsewhere. He's able to communicate what his administration is doing in uncomplicated terms that someone like me can understand and appreciate. He was the first military ruler ever to hand over to a civilian government.

I don't think it's a good idea to criticize President Obasanjo when there is no-one who is better? Can you really name anyone who would have done better?

I sincerely believe that he's a good president. I think he has done really well and I hope it won't take terror in the next regime for us to recognize that.
Re: Why is Obasanjo Nigerian masses worst nightmare by Allenpowered(m): 7:23am On Jun 10, 2005
Man who says he is the masses worst night mare...he is everybody's nightmare...from his vice prez, who does not trust him...to his ministers who fear they may just get on his bad side and he gives them the boot...and to the governors who if he does not like he would not release their allocations on a limsy excuse.

The guy is just another typical dictator...that is why he is people's night mare
Re: Why is Obasanjo Nigerian masses worst nightmare by dominobaby(f): 6:44pm On Jun 18, 2005
well aside his presidential whatever, his ugliness have not helped matters. Check this joke out:

"people wanted to honour the president by putting his face on the nigerian stamp. Well, the stamp was made but it was also found out that the stamp refuse to stick to anything. After several checks it was discovered that people were spitting on the wrong surface of the stamp!!!! tongue
Re: Why is Obasanjo Nigerian masses worst nightmare by Seun(m): 1:03am On Jun 19, 2005
Yeah. it's an adapted American joke. I don't like it much.
Re: Why is Obasanjo Nigerian masses worst nightmare by Red(m): 8:42am On Jun 20, 2005
Seun:

He's able to command respect outside the country, africa and elsewhere.  He's able to communicate what his administration is doing in uncomplicated terms that someone like me can understand and appreciate.  He was the first military ruler ever to hand over to a civilian government.

I don't think it's a good idea to criticize President Obasanjo when there is no-one who is better?  Can you really [I]name[/I] anyone who would have done better?

I sincerely believe that he's a good president.  I think he has done really well and I hope it won't take terror in the next regime for us to recognize that. 
I'll regard your post as a very bad joke.
Re: Why is Obasanjo Nigerian masses worst nightmare by legs(f): 8:02pm On Jun 21, 2005
then perharps he may be entitled to reply... likewise!
Re: Why is Obasanjo Nigerian masses worst nightmare by Seun(m): 8:12pm On Jun 21, 2005
Red: I'll regard your post as a very bad joke.

Post like that would normally be removed from an Internet forum, because you said just enough to provoke an angry response while providing no tangible explanation of your position. When a moderator reads post like that, then he has to go through all your previous posts with a pair of scissors.
Re: Why is Obasanjo Nigerian masses worst nightmare by bioye(m): 7:03pm On Jul 17, 2005
Well, i have realised that so far in the history of Nigeria, Obasanjo is the best head of state we've ever had. I hope Nigerians can look beyond a man's face and at the issues ravaging this nation. Someone says Atiku does not trust Obasanjo, are you making a case for Atiku? Well, as a matter of fact, Obasanjo does not trust Atiku because he is the most corrupt politician in government and if Obasanjo had his way, he would have booted him out. It's almost impossible to level any corruption charges against Obasanjo because there may be none.

Seun, i appreciate the maturity with which you responded to Red's post..
Re: Why is Obasanjo Nigerian masses worst nightmare by hotangel2(f): 7:42am On Jul 18, 2005
Apart from him being the cutest and most adorable baboon i have ever seen, I think he is great. I mean, how many presidents will actually speak pigin in public?? it shows that the guy isn't afraid of the NIgerian English. I love him, he came up even though he was a military man, and then he became a civilian. I mean this man is great.

I have a thing for him and i know, God knew what he was doing when he choose him. How many people, have ever been committed to Nigeria like that man is. All the past presidents are full of $h!t. Obasanjo is doing gr8, and trust me, if that country was left to him.. without all his back-ups....That guy would do better.

People need to love that man. I don't want to curse Nigeria, but let's just wait till he get off the throne and see if y'all won't start saying "no one like obasanjo".

Overall, obasanjo isn't a nightmare, he is a dream come true. Nigerian have been crying for a civillian government. Obasanjo brought that to them, and now they hate him and call him a "nightmare". What else do Nigerians want for FU(K's sake? Nigerians are hard to judge and believe. They wanted civillian and they got one, IF i am right, NONE of the nigerians would want the people that competed with obasanjo to be president instead of him. Okay now, don't get me wrong.... IF there's actually someone that's worth it..i would say obasanjo is bad. But for $h!tHead sakes, no one was better than the dude. People need to leave that man alone.

Although There's still a mystery i need to solve as to why he choose a ghost amongst all his wives.

That's [U]my[/U] own opinion.
Re: Why is Obasanjo Nigerian masses worst nightmare by Imnakoya(m): 6:06pm On Aug 03, 2005
One thing we all need to learn as Nigerians is the ability to criticize constructively, and react maturely and intelligently to criticism.
Our president is a "short-fuse"; he has no tolerance for criticism, and that is not what state-man are made of.

Moreover, anytime he takes a step forward, he ends up taking 2 steps backwards...He has tried, but he could have done much way better!
Re: Why is Obasanjo Nigerian masses worst nightmare by bioye(m): 7:11pm On Aug 04, 2005
Imnakoya:

Moreover, anytime he takes a step forward, he ends up taking 2 steps backwards...He has tried, but he could have done much way better!

can you name an example of when he took a step forward and two steps back?
Re: Why is Obasanjo Nigerian masses worst nightmare by Bibi(m): 1:17pm On Aug 05, 2005
I believe governing Nigeria has aged the man in recent times.
A leader is only bad in Nigeria when he's governing well.
He is bad as long as he doesnt allow people to get away with their greed.
He is a nightmare when people find it more difficult to defraud.
Re: Why is Obasanjo Nigerian masses worst nightmare by Imnakoya(m): 9:14am On Aug 06, 2005
bioye:

can you name an example of when he took a step forward and two steps back?

1. Corruption (Tafa) versus Ethics (presidential library)

2. Mega business (TransCorp PLC) versus Small and Mid Sized enterprise SME(smallscale business men like Seun and some of you, including me and others): Extend the same incentives to SMEs, they drive the national economy worldwide, Nigeria isn't any different! (don't even talk about SMEIS, it has not worked)

3. Transparency versus "Nepotism" / partiality : TransCorp case: hand picked cronies.

I have nothing against TransCorp though. Well, you asked for one, I gave you 3!
Re: Why is Obasanjo Nigerian masses worst nightmare by WesleyanA(f): 9:08pm On Sep 04, 2005
i don't like him that much either because i heard stuff about him (he swears or something like that).

the ibos hate him most though.hehe tongue
Re: Why is Obasanjo Nigerian masses worst nightmare by Ka: 12:18am On Sep 05, 2005
I think that Obasanjo's government is introducing some important necessary reforms... unfortunately, his government is terrible at explaining the nature of these reforms to Nigerians.

A case in point: fuel price increases. If the government had any sense, it would hold frequent, regular and well publicised briefings regarding the activities of NNPC (and other government agencies involved in the distribution of refined crude oil). It would state exactly what costs were involved in the distribution of fuel, what were the likely costs in the future, what they are doing to ensure the long term supply of fuel, what else they intend to do, etc. so that everybody can see for themselves how they arrive at any decisions to adjust the price of fuel.

Instead they keep quiet until an increase is inevitable, then all hell breaks loose. And it doesn't help that Obasanjo himself comes across as unfeeling and uncaring when he supports the increase in prices. Talk about a failure of communication!
Re: Why is Obasanjo Nigerian masses worst nightmare by verireal(m): 2:15am On Dec 24, 2005
i will like to congratulate mr seun first of all, you are an example of a champion and this project you have taken up will surely take you up and forward. thank you for being a noble nigeria.

i believe in president obasanjo, and i know not many people can do what he is doing. i think we need to learn to respect elders because we will also grow up, and also learn to be positive in our lives. mr president is not the problem of nigeria, it is the mentality of the people and i know as a nation we will change for the better to the glory of God. thank you
Re: Why is Obasanjo Nigerian masses worst nightmare by Hero(m): 6:32am On Dec 24, 2005
The guy is too crude and blunt.
He has no regard for cordiality

Sorry, but that's an sorry excuse. What you have described is exactly what any leader worth their salt needs to possess in order to be respected. No leader ever became great via being a softy. Those whom hate and slander OBJ are simply those in whom have benefited from poison in which he is currently trying to cleanse the nation of. They are the pigs in which rejoice in wallowing in the sickening slop pit in which has become of a once beautiful, cognizant land. OBJ is just the bullheaded, farmer boi- whom dared to challenge the hogs whom have taken over land, slaughter them and clean up the putrid mess in which they left in their wayward wake. GOD BLESS HIM!!
Re: Why is Obasanjo Nigerian masses worst nightmare by otokx(m): 5:28pm On Dec 27, 2005
Who said Obasanjo is the worst nightmare of Nigerian Masses? Can someone have a nightmare when he is awake? I think it is the noveau rich that sleep in Nigeria while the masses are going to and fro looking for their daily bread.
Re: Why is Obasanjo Nigerian masses worst nightmare by bunking(m): 1:02pm On Dec 28, 2005
Seun:

Post like that would normally be removed from an Internet forum, because you said just enough to provoke an angry response while providing no tangible explanation of your position. When a moderator reads post like that, then he has to go through all your previous posts with a pair of scissors.

The guy is simply saying his mind - period.
Freedom of speech grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why is Obasanjo Nigerian masses worst nightmare by Akolawole(m): 2:34pm On Dec 28, 2005
Few ladies here were saying OBJ is ugly, baboon. If Baba ask them out , are they going to say no?

What is wrong in speaking pidging in public ? After all, Nigeria understand Pidgin more than English. Statistics even shows that beside Swahili, Pidgin is another very very important language.

Our English teacher teaches us that "The essence of Communication is to get feedback" , OBJ speaks pidgin and we responded.

Afterall, why do a respected Pastor in Baba Adeboye preaches in primary-school english while his peers preaches in western english ?
Re: Why is Obasanjo Nigerian masses worst nightmare by aNGELAW(f): 4:49pm On Dec 29, 2005
I have been reading all the contributions here and since i am new here, its educative.
I just recollected an article i read, why maybe obasanjo is a nightmare .
I use to admire the old man, but i am gradually changing my mind.
Obasanjo dispensable — Afenifere

And in a statement on the third term issue yesterday, Egbe Afenifere said President Obasanjo “is very much dispensable in 2007 and that indeed in post-2007 Nigeria needs a president who can rule unlike Obasanjo.”

The group in a three-page statement signed by its National Publicity Secretary, Mr. Yinka Odumakin declared: “Before we explain why we need a president different from the incumbent, we need to remind the nation that the argument about the indispensability of a ruler is not new in Nigeria. It would be recalled that at the peak of Abacha infamy, the Ojo Maduekes, the Jerry Ganas, the Kunle Olajides and their ilk were telling the nation that there was no alternative to Abacha. But the very day Abacha dozed off eternally, another head of state emerged. So much for indispensability.

“Among the reasons given by Fani-Kayode to support the presidency’s position that there is no alternative to the incumbent are the alleged running of the country “in an efficient and equitable manner,” the anti-corruption war, boosted foreign reserve, increased agricultural production and the revival of the manufacturing sector.
“While the presidential spokesman is permitted to act like Iraqi Tareeq Azeez on the pages of newspapers because it is falsehood that pays his bills, a honest assessment of the so-called gains revealed the reason why Nigeria needs a new vision in 2007.

“If we take the so-called “efficient and equitable” running of the country, we cannot but conclude that Fani-Kayode is talking of another country. What efficiency has made us to depend on fuel import in six years despite spending $800 million on Turn-Around-Maintenance of our refineries? It is efficiency that has left the electricity sector in comatose despite the several billions sunk into that sector? Is he talking of the efficiency that has ruined the aviation sector to the extent that any safe landing of a plane on Nigeria airspace today is a miracle? Is he celebrating the efficiency that has turned our hospitals to mortuaries? What efficiency is in Anenih collecting N36 billion to fix roads and Ogunlewe’s yet to be computed billions without any motorable road in the country? What is equitable in shielding felons in Anambra from justice? Where is the equity in having different laws for government lackeys and another for those who disagree with it? Does equity lie in locking up somebody up for non-violent disagreement in Afenifere and lionizing Adedibu who masterminded the invasion of Ladoja’s office by thugs and policemen during which precious lives were lost?

‘The anti-corruption war is listed as another gain. While any right-thinking person would support any effort to fight corruption, what has taken place in the last six years deserves a proper scrutiny. We have seen an anti-corruption war that deployed troops to Bayelsa, shut the state radio station, turned the EFCC office to an off-shore chambers of Bayelsa Assembly just to get Alamieyeseigha out. But the protagonist of the same war entered a nolle prosequi for his cousin, Engr. Makanjuola. Tony Anenih who could not explain how N360 billion given fo roads was spent is the Chairman Board of Trustees of the PPP today. While Bode George was still answering questions from the EFCC, he got promoted to the position of Deputy Chairman (South) PDP. So much for the anti-graft war.

“Many Nigerians have wondered aloud why a government would be celebrating a boosted foreign reserve while the people are hungry at home. But now that the reserves have been handed over to the Club of Creditors they should understand. The IMF-World Bank people are the ones that can laud the regime on this."
Re: Why is Obasanjo Nigerian masses worst nightmare by Akolawole(m): 7:40pm On Dec 29, 2005
@Angela-W
Welcome to Nairaland
You will enjoy this Forum most expecially "POLITICS"

Please always give us link to your back-up.

In your second paragraph, you mentioned Dr Kunle Olajide  in your Quote.
This must be a big mistake. Dr Kunle Olajide can never never support Abacha, he is the co-owner of Group medical hospital in Mokola Ibadan, He is from Efon-alaye, he contested AD governor's ticket with former Governor Adebayo. a seasoned politician and currently secretary general of Yoruba Council of Elders. He can never support Abacha.

In your fifth paragraph, THERE IS A BIG LIE as well. You said Bode George was promoted to the position of PDP Vice Chairman after answering questions from EFCC.
Haba ! George went to EFCC less than one month and he had been their Southwest Deputy national  Chairman for years.

Re: Why is Obasanjo Nigerian masses worst nightmare by ono(m): 1:33pm On Jan 09, 2006
Re: Why is Obasanjo Nigerian masses worst nightmare by Akolawole(m): 11:24pm On Jan 09, 2006
@ Ono

I have read it sir, everybody is entitle to his own opinion.
Is every nigeria's problem happens between 1999 and now?
Re: Why is Obasanjo Nigerian masses worst nightmare by ono(m): 4:44pm On Jan 12, 2006
Granted that these opinions are real and stares you in the face, then it's not a matter of everyone getting entitled to his/her own opininon. It becomes national interest. Every statement made by that columnist is a fact an undisputable fact. It stares us all in the face.

There's no hiding place for the man OBJ.
Re: Why is Obasanjo Nigerian masses worst nightmare by Odeku(m): 6:18pm On Jan 12, 2006
I don't care what any one says that man has done a wonderful job for Nigeria, as a matter of fact is is the only achieving president we have ever had. at least, thanks to his administration we have MTN AND GLO AMEN.
Re: Why is Obasanjo Nigerian masses worst nightmare by DRPYGRU: 4:50pm On Jan 05, 2014
ashley: i think it has something to do with his ugliness (not that i am trying to judge him or anything) but dont u all c that d last presidents weren't dat ugly.
cheesy grin
Re: Why is Obasanjo Nigerian masses worst nightmare by jamace(m): 6:21pm On Jan 05, 2014
Na who be dis wey dey look for baba trouble again, eh? Haba, make una allow baba to rest naagrin

(1) (Reply)

Ige’s Murder: How Ehindero Used Corporal To Deceive Nigerians / Presidency Belongs To S-south From 2015—igbini / 17 Billion Fraud In Bank Phb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.