Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,076 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. (12553 Views)

If I Miss Church Make Coronavirus Kill Me - Nigerian Man (photos) / Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money / Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 23, 2017
blackylola:
Jesus preached in the synagogue, go and read your Bible

LMAO.

Now ur correct, He went to Synagogue, Not church.
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by donwati(m): 7:35am On Jul 23, 2017
swiz123:
There has been heavy rainfall since yesterday till this Sunday morning.Me and my family members are devouted Catholics.Since the rain doesn't look like it would be stopping any moment from now,we have resolved not to go to 6am or 8am mass.Now,what if we attend 'living churches' like assemblies of God church,christ embassy, mountain of fire, RCCG;that have one church service section,would it be understandable to miss church because of rainfall.
CC:lalasticlala,mynd44
Please mods, move this piece to fp for broader audience and opinions
Evening mass nko
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 23, 2017
modelmike7:
... Imagine ignorance!

Plus show me Scriptures where it was written that jesus attended a church...
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by swiz123(m): 7:36am On Jul 23, 2017
donwati:

Evening mass nko
we have resolved to attend evening mass
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 23, 2017
klassykute:
what kind of a fool are you nahhh.. were did he read d book of isaiah?

In a Synagogue.
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by spencekat(m): 7:37am On Jul 23, 2017
Do we miss work because of heavy rainfall?

1 Like

Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Allansmith: 7:37am On Jul 23, 2017
naijamafioso:
It reminds me of this song "Bi ina ba njo emi a tele Jesuu.. Bojo ba nro, emi a tele Jesuu....."

Duro de mi Jesu,yi o tele o doopin....

Mum's Song back then.
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by nkpommpko(m): 7:38am On Jul 23, 2017
undecided
swiz123:
remember,if everybody decide not to go to church bcs of rainfall, then there won't be church service
if there is no church service that day, God will not fall down from heaven and die. Its only the pastors that will loose their tithes and offerings.
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Phi001(m): 7:39am On Jul 23, 2017
Narldon:

THEY SHOULD GET DRENCHED BY THE HEAVY RAINFALL AND PROBABLY COME DOWN WITH PNEUMONIA?

ISSORITE!!
getting drenched by rain won't cause pneumonia. It could cause a cold but definitely not pneumonia...

Anyways OP, the rain has stopped...oya coman be going to church...
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by mizzytan(m): 7:40am On Jul 23, 2017
Damn the rain and go to church.
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by swiz123(m): 7:40am On Jul 23, 2017
nkpommpko:
if there is no church service that they, God will not fall down from heaven and die. Its only the pastors that will loose their tithes and offerings.
are you an atheist?
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Phi001(m): 7:40am On Jul 23, 2017
PrecisionFx:

In a Synagogue.
The equivalent of a church...

Don't come and start bringing in technicality, that's a very weak argument...
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by michelism(m): 7:40am On Jul 23, 2017
If you can stay at home on an excuse for a rainy day for your school exam, then stay at home today for church. But if you can't excuse your exam for rain then don't to do it to Church too. Or you wan fail heaven ni? PERIOD!
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by klassykute(m): 7:42am On Jul 23, 2017
PrecisionFx:

In a Synagogue.
what is a synagogue na reffered to? B4 u say shii dat its not church know dat it was after Jesus died his followers were called CHRIST LIKE. Now Christian...and the were mandated to preach, if u start lookin at d bible the name church came into being after christ died. A church is d house of God just like Jesus said the synahogue is d house of God and of prayer but not a market place... so Jesus was in a church.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by EmekaBlue(m): 7:43am On Jul 23, 2017
Meanwhile some of us dont remember when last we went to church.
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by pfadom: 7:46am On Jul 23, 2017
While it is important not to forsake fellowship with other brethren, it is foremost to make your home the first Church. Cultivate the habit of turning your home to a house of God in case of a time such as this.

Second, the first Christians did house-to-house fellowships. When there were threats against the church. If rain or flooding as witnessed in parts of Lagos poses danger, please worship God at home in holiness, righteousness and total submission.

1 Like

Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by obyrich(m): 7:47am On Jul 23, 2017
Makamuanwuo:
abeg i need help ooo....since dis year my legs never enter inside church,i dnt knw hw to over come dis prblm of not going to church.am hv a serious issue with my brother bcoz of these.pls help me
Tell us your location.
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by one4GOD(f): 7:49am On Jul 23, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Jesus never stepped into a church until he died...
He did. then it was called synagogue and not church. so don't misinform people. but to the OP missing church does not make you any less a devoted Christian neither does regular attendance make you any more a devoted one. what matters is your relationship with God and man and how you conduct your your life. attending church is just one if the instructions of Paul to Christians and this is to keep you in fellowship with one another. thanks.
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by miqos02(m): 7:51am On Jul 23, 2017
wisenewgem:
Heavy rain is fall now in Umuahia and I won't step out to church
heavy rain is fall here in Lagos too
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by engrmobs(m): 7:51am On Jul 23, 2017
I guess d OP is in umuahia
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 23, 2017
No! After all we won't miss an exam, interview, party, bank transaction, wedding or any important thing to us because of rain.
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Ventor(m): 7:53am On Jul 23, 2017
Let me ask you if you were in your final year in the university and you are suppose to take your last paper today,would you stay back because of the rain?

1 Like

Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by brigadier747: 7:54am On Jul 23, 2017
Jimiyke:
Church is church, worship with mind not flesh
Not mind bro,by the spirit we worship

1 Like

Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Techvillz(m): 7:55am On Jul 23, 2017
Here is The Cheapest Tariff Plan on The Newly Unveiled 9mobile.. plus other freebies from the newly unveiled telecom network

www.techvillz.com/2017/07/here-is-cheapest-tariff-plan-on-newly.html
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by achieversbizpro(m): 7:56am On Jul 23, 2017
follow ur mind
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by joelfm(m): 7:57am On Jul 23, 2017
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by xreal: 7:58am On Jul 23, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Jesus never stepped into a church until he died...

Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Stevengerd(m): 7:58am On Jul 23, 2017
If flood carry una go, u go no say church go still countinue
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Iseoluwani: 8:04am On Jul 23, 2017
Narldon:
WHO SAID YOU MUST BE RESTRICTED TO ONLY CATHOLIC DENOMINATION?

I tire oooo

Catholic and false doctrine
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by Princeboca12(m): 8:06am On Jul 23, 2017
swiz123:
lol,you can watch a football match from the comfort of your home

lolzz. Who enjoys watching football at home?
Re: Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. by oldfoolnigger(m): 8:09am On Jul 23, 2017
People like us,don't even know where churches dey. I think u should borrow leaf from us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MFM G.O ,dr DK Olukoya And His Wife Celebrate Their Birthday Today / Bishop Mike Bamidele: COVID-19 Is From Hell, Not From God / Hidden Truths About The Catholic Church Revealed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.