Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Can You Live Above Sin In This Present World? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Live Above Sin In This Present World? (6339 Views)

Jesus Believes You Can Live Above Sin / Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? / Polygamy Is Not A Sin In Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Live Above Sin In This Present World? by jiorhemen(m): 10:43am On Jul 23, 2017
[size=8pt][/size]
Jeezuzpick:
When you get Born Again, your nature changes such that you ought to no longer enjoy sin. That is the main thing. If you are unhappy to give up some things the Bible says is wrong, then you have a problem that must be dealt with.

That said, you can live above sin, because you should have no desire to keep sinning.

However, you can "fall" into sin (falling is from up to down; it is one who is "up" that can "fall down"wink. When that happens, you have Jesus as a pathway to forgiveness (1John 2vs 1&2).

It is much like a child who falls down. He/she gets back up and dusts the clothes in an attempt to be clean again.

If you have a child that falls down once and sleeps there and begins to live right there on the ground, asking you to bring food to that place where he/she is lying, how will you feel?

That's how God feels when we say we cannot live above sin, thus we remain wallowing in it.

Thanks for reading.
Excellent answer. Your tone also indicates maturity. Keep it up
Re: Can You Live Above Sin In This Present World? by sukkot: 10:46am On Jul 23, 2017
some sin ? yes. the 10 commandments ? yes you can easily live without breaking any of those
Re: Can You Live Above Sin In This Present World? by nell07(m): 10:55am On Jul 23, 2017
Yes, one can live above sin, no matter the era.
But first, you must go beyond the level of ceremonial morality as preached by modern pastors. You must also rise above mere church activity/attendance and do away with the mindset of religion.

note these

1. No mortal can please God on his own. This is why everyone on a spiritual journey must always make time to fellowship in private with God. Have you noticed how couples, close friends or siblings develop similar mannerisms? That's what constant association/fellowship does. And same way God's mannerisms will rub off on you with constant fellowship. Gradually you will begin to lose interest in things which used to lead you to sin. Leaving in righteousness is not something you can do by mere human will.

2. You CANNOT serve God and money.
Money here represents pleasure,financial wealth, power, fame etc.
If you are still operating on the level of understanding that becoming rich, powerful, famous etc are what make a successful life, then I'm sorry, you cannot please God.
Jesus advices us to focus all of our energy in seeking God's kingdom.

Preachers these teach the opposite. They have made money/success/affluence the goal, and God, the means to attain this, so called, success.

So in conclusion, if you are willing to effect a paradigm shift, to chase God as you would money. And willing to make out just 5 minutes per day to talk to and listen to your maker, then without you even realising it, you will beat sin

2 Likes

Re: Can You Live Above Sin In This Present World? by jericco1(m): 10:56am On Jul 23, 2017
the thing is temptation comes in different forms. from my view one can only do that when one stays away from the human population.
mind you even Christ was tempted in the wilderness.
Re: Can You Live Above Sin In This Present World? by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 23, 2017
dingbang:
Temptations will always come...

Yes, through God grace we shall overcome them and we should guilde our heart with all diligence because out of it is the issue of life. proverb 4 vs 23

1 Like

Re: Can You Live Above Sin In This Present World? by KENFERDYOORI(m): 11:02am On Jul 23, 2017
Can means possibility. Yes! it's possible. Saints aren't made in heaven, they're made in the planet-earth.
Re: Can You Live Above Sin In This Present World? by unto(m): 11:02am On Jul 23, 2017
adepeter26:
What is sin undecided
Sin is a mystery It is in the world before you came and it will be there you go. Nobody knows what is they are just saying because it is written in the Bible
Re: Can You Live Above Sin In This Present World? by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 23, 2017
Yes, By God's Grace. Matthew 5:48.

1 Like

Re: Can You Live Above Sin In This Present World? by ehmasjet(m): 11:39am On Jul 23, 2017
klap4gbens:

Are u following any celebrity?
Re: Can You Live Above Sin In This Present World? by ignis: 11:59am On Jul 23, 2017
By Human effort, its impossible but by the grace of God it's very possible.

1 Like

Re: Can You Live Above Sin In This Present World? by ehmasjet(m): 12:00pm On Jul 23, 2017
Jeezuzpick:
When you get Born Again, your nature changes such that you ought to no longer enjoy sin. That is the main thing. If you are unhappy to give up something the Bible says is wrong, then you have a problem that must be dealt with.

That said, you can live above sin, because you should have no desire to keep sinning.

However, you can "fall" into sin (falling is from up to down; it is one who is "up" that can "fall" down). When that happens, you have Jesus as a pathway to forgiveness (1John 2vs 1&2).

It is much like a child who falls down. He/she naturally gets back up and dusts the clothes in an attempt to be clean again.

If you have a child that falls down once and sleeps there and begins to live right there on the ground, asking you to bring food to that place where he/she is lying, how will you feel? Is this natural behaviour for a normal child?

That's how God feels when we say we cannot live above sin, thus we remain wallowing in it.

Thanks for reading.

But we all want to make it in this world and become influential, how will it be possible without involving in one, even a minute disobedience, e.g lieing about age, about your location, about time, lieing for a favour or working in God's time. How possible?
Re: Can You Live Above Sin In This Present World? by ehmasjet(m): 12:05pm On Jul 23, 2017
klap4gbens:

Says :
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
Matthew 5:48 KJV

Prove to me that it is possible ,

Have you not be angered against someone before?
Re: Can You Live Above Sin In This Present World? by Jeezuzpick(m): 12:39pm On Jul 23, 2017
ehmasjet:

But we all want to make it in this world and become influential, how will it be possible without involving in one, even a minute disobedience, e.g lieing about age, about your location, about time, lieing for a favour or working in God's time. How possible?

Badoo guys, Yahoo boys, drug dealers and kidnappers are all dong what God doesn't like, because they want to "make it" in this world. See the similarity?

If you want to make it in this world to the point of lying even when you know that God hates lying, then you have simply chosen the side you are on.

I can't say it any other way. I'm sorry, I can't.
Re: Can You Live Above Sin In This Present World? by FA13(m): 12:44pm On Jul 23, 2017
bxcode:
Sin has been paid for, it's like when someone has finished paying your $100m debt, you still go and start looking at that that debt report wondering how you will ever pay them. You know that left on your own, you can never settle that debt (sin), but you 've been discharged and acquitted over that debt, so why bother yourself about it again?
Forget sin and embrace grace and your clean credit report, even if you owe (sin) again, someone has paid for it already...... that man Jesus. cool

From your explanation, the person paid for your debt which you owed.

He did not say he paid for your future debt because not only would he not expect you to borrow again knowing the repercussion of your first debt, he would not also know how much you have incurred again.

If you borrow again then you have to go back again to ask him to pay for your new debt.
Re: Can You Live Above Sin In This Present World? by kaptainp(m): 12:49pm On Jul 23, 2017
Answer is YES. The bible says for where sin is GRACE is much more available. Romans5:20. Grace is God raising you from your ability into his own ability. In other words God does most of the work (which is largely done already for Christ has given us the victory) while we simply trust, obey and follow him.
Problem is most time we want to help God and before long we are back at the ground level Galatians3:1-3
Chapter 6 of Romans shows how that is possible. One thing I've discovered is if God asks us to do the impossible, he gives us the resources needed to accomplish that.
God help us all in Jesus name amen.
Re: Can You Live Above Sin In This Present World? by Spells(m): 12:51pm On Jul 23, 2017
adepeter26:
What is sin undecided
S=Simple I=instrustions N=Negelated . manage dis 1 my child
Re: Can You Live Above Sin In This Present World? by Interesting15: 2:01pm On Jul 23, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
There's no such thing as sin

I don't understand the logic of believing in a creator that created us sick and commanded us to be well, makes no sense!
Then why do the police arrest some set of people and send them to jail?
Re: Can You Live Above Sin In This Present World? by DeepEyes: 2:42pm On Jul 23, 2017
Interesting15:

Then why do the police arrest some set of people and send them to jail?

Because the police are humans just like us. The system was created by humans. Don't fool ur self that there's any such thing as a justice system OUTSIDE the human world. Have u ever seen a lion get arrested by nature for eating innocent deers or "wasting" rabbits on a daily? No! Have u ever seen a baby born with a BELIEF or orientation? No! We all learn, choose, and become.

So even though we humans are born and then conditioned to believe all sorts of rubbish, in this world, and by the evidence of nature herself, there are predators, preys, and the neutrals! Everyone belongs to one category or the other whether u consider urself good or bad. Morality and conscience are traits we develop/learn in life and while growing up. Nature herself doesn't care what we do.
Re: Can You Live Above Sin In This Present World? by Femzy26: 2:51pm On Jul 23, 2017
Sin is something that you can't do without as a man working in flesh, it only takes the grace of God to overcome sin
Re: Can You Live Above Sin In This Present World? by iRepNaija1: 3:02pm On Jul 23, 2017
ehmasjet:
Just curious about this and has kept me thinking about it considering the present things happening in the world.

Now the question is, considering everything going on in our world today, is it possible or easy to live above sin or live a holy life? From staying away from lies which people sees as nothing nowadays , selfishness, flirts and infatuation, immoral talk etc, is it easy.
Just curious and want to learn from nairalanders.

No. We'll try and fail every time. That's what makes us human. The point is not live a sin free life but to strive to and repent when we fall short.
Re: Can You Live Above Sin In This Present World? by thoth: 3:09pm On Jul 23, 2017
I don't believe in the concept of sin as viewed by Christian/Islamic preachers. Stupidity is another thing on its own.
Re: Can You Live Above Sin In This Present World? by xtivin(m): 3:16pm On Jul 23, 2017
We can only strive, and run a good race
Re: Can You Live Above Sin In This Present World? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 23, 2017
My question for u op, as their being anybody since the creature of the earth able to overcome sin?
Re: Can You Live Above Sin In This Present World? by ehmasjet(m): 3:52pm On Jul 23, 2017
Oma307:
My question for u op, as their being anybody since the creature of the earth able to overcome sin?

I know they are in the past.
But am talking of our world of high rate of immortality all around us, the advancement of technology and the immense exposure of even if 2 year old child.
Re: Can You Live Above Sin In This Present World? by FRANKOSKI(m): 4:56pm On Jul 23, 2017
VERY POSSIBLE THROUGH PRAYER AND INVITATION OF HOLY SPIRIT IN YOUR LIFE.
Re: Can You Live Above Sin In This Present World? by sammypet: 5:32pm On Jul 23, 2017
Does the Bible teach sinless perfection? Does the Bible teach that a Christian can live completely above any sin, any failure in his life?
(Read I John 3:4-9)
When you first read these verses where it says that a child of God cannot commit sin and the child of God is righteous, it might be that you draw the conclusion that a Christian could never sin again, that it would be possible for a Christian to live completely above sin. But when you take that kind of position, you run into some tremendous difficulties.
First, you run into the difficulty of human experience. Because when you think about the most outstanding Christians who have ever lived, the men of the Bible, those that God had His hand upon, those who were great men of God, and you think about the fact that the Bible records that in their lives after they were children of God, it was impossible apparently for them to live above sin. Because they failed God, and they sinned against God. You think about a man like the apostle Paul, a tremendous preacher and soul-winner, a missionary. Yet in Philippians 3 he says, "Not as though I had already attained or were already perfect." He admits to us that he's not totally mature, that he's not completely perfect, that there is some imperfection in his life.
So it seems to be contradictory to human experience. When you look into your own life, I think you have to say yes, there is sin there; there is failure there; there are times when I don't live as I ought to live; there's times when I fail the Lord; there are times when I don't do what God wants me to do. I'm not living all the kind of life that God wants me to live. So if you believe that man could be sinlessly perfect on this earth, you run into the problem of human experience.
But then you also run into the problem of the contradiction with what the Bible teaches about the old nature.
Re: Can You Live Above Sin In This Present World? by SECURITY12: 5:33pm On Jul 23, 2017
ITS VERY SIMPLE AND EASY TO LIVE ABOVE SIN.
FIRSTLY;BE BORN AGAIN
SECONDLY; BE BORN OF GOD 1 john 3:9

HOW CAN A MAN BE BORN OF GOD
?

call my number 08134268414, email;solokgd@gmail.com
for more details.
Re: Can You Live Above Sin In This Present World? by 400billionman: 6:37pm On Jul 23, 2017
ehmasjet:
Just curious about this and has kept me thinking about it considering the present things happening in the world.

Now the question is, considering everything going on in our world today, is it possible or easy to live above sin or live a holy life? From staying away from lies which people sees as nothing nowadays , selfishness, flirts and infatuation, immoral talk etc, is it easy.
Just curious and want to learn from nairalanders.

The bible says its possible, so i believe it is.

Once you are content with what you have, and do not give a bleep about what people feel or say.

Because people will see you as abnormal.
Re: Can You Live Above Sin In This Present World? by bxcode(m): 3:37am On Jul 25, 2017
FA13:

From your explanation, the person paid for your debt which you owed.

He did not say he paid for your future debt because not only would he not expect you to borrow again knowing the repercussion of your first debt, he would not also know how much you have incurred again.

If you borrow again then you have to go back again to ask him to pay for your new debt.
Christ entered into the holy of holies and paid the price once and for all, while we were yet sinners he came and died for us, he paid for our sins ever before we sinned ie in your future past. Check out the book of Hebrews.
Re: Can You Live Above Sin In This Present World? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 09, 2018
ehmasjet:

Are u following any celebrity?
No, Any Problem?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Are You Celebrating Christmas? / Ogbanje/abiku / How To Pray When You Don't Know what To Pray

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.