Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,857 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (697610 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dailydolar(m): 10:19pm On Dec 17, 2017
Shirbrown:

My sponsor wants to get me 3months health insurance from Germany n send along with my letter. Pls Does embassy accept insurance from Germany for student visa applicants?
i dont see anything wrong with that because am sure you will still need the health insurance in germany but i would have said check your school and know the type of insurance u need for enrolment and you can get that. This are just my thought

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Abimbola2018: 10:57pm On Dec 17, 2017
RalphVwede:
abimbola I guess you finished from UI. And that is 0.1 away from 6.0 which is a first class. I believe you are good to go ahead with that cgpa.

Yea i dd ..thanks

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by olahero(m): 11:26am On Dec 18, 2017
Please gurus in the house, which Univeristy in Germany accept NECO result from Nigeria undergraduate students?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 18, 2017
olahero:
Please gurus in the house, which Univeristy in Germany accept NECO result from Nigeria undergraduate students?

They do, but NECO alone can't give you admission
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by olahero(m): 12:14pm On Dec 18, 2017
Jigba:

They do, but NECO alone can't give you admission
Thanks, NECO and what one needs ma?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by diggy4real: 2:06pm On Dec 18, 2017
Pls,how much does ups and dhl charge in sending documents from Port harcourt to Lagos respectively?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by hillsiderfak(m): 4:15pm On Dec 18, 2017
anybody who sent transcript to schools in Germany please help, did the university in Nigeria include the name of the university in Germany on the transcript? becos the school is saying they want to know the address of the school and name. but am applying to many schools.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 18, 2017
hillsiderfak:
anybody who sent transcript to schools in Germany please help, did the university in Nigeria include the name of the university in Germany on the transcript? becos the school is saying they want to know the address of the school and name. but am applying to many schools.

Tell them you want to have it at hand. I guess your school wants to send it directly to them in Germany. Beg them, tell them you wish to have it at hand and that you want to certify the photocopies and send to different schools yourself. I know it might he difficult because universities don't give original transcripts to students but with bribe, they should understand and release it to you..They will still have to address it to a school but beg them you have to collect it by hand since you are the owner..shalom

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dailydolar(m): 5:21pm On Dec 18, 2017
hillsiderfak:
guy just use any company address you can asses to collect your transcript thats what i did. When they send it then go and collect it from them simple

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 18, 2017
dailydolar:
guy just use any company address you can asses to collect your transcript thats what i did. When they send it then go and collect it from them simple

He has to inform the HR about it..But only God knows when the transcript will get to the company, uno how slow some schools can be in processing things like this. A friend of mine did same and it took almost a year for the transcript to get to the company (na lautech oo grin). Infact he nearly ran mad. So i still prefer doing all that it takes to get it by hand. I know it will involve money, it's better..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dailydolar(m): 7:02pm On Dec 18, 2017
hostine316:

He has to inform the HR about it..But only God knows when the transcript will get to the company, uno how slow some schools can be in processing things like this. A friend of mine did same and it took almost a year for the transcript to get to the company (na lautech oo grin). Infact he nearly ran mad. So i still prefer doing all that it takes to get it by hand. I know it will involve money, it's better..
if na federal university it will be faster also you need to go to the school your self thats what i did and sort the people there and in two days it was ready and i pay dem for express delivery so the used UPS to deliver and in 2days i got my transcript from the theology shool i use. So simple and fast. Well for the HR i dont think you need to just make sure you get someone thats high ranked there like me na admin officer for the theology shool be my person
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by hillsiderfak(m): 7:05pm On Dec 18, 2017
hostine316:

Tell them you want to have it at hand. I guess your school wants to send it directly to them in Germany. Beg them, tell them you wish to have it at hand and that you want to certify the photocopies and send to different schools yourself. I know it might he difficult because universities don't give original transcripts to students but with bribe, they should understand and release it to you..They will still have to address it to a school but beg them you have to collect it by hand since you are the owner..shalom

thanks. i will push it . i know GOD WILL make away for me. this one that lecturers and non academic staff are broke
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by hillsiderfak(m): 7:06pm On Dec 18, 2017
dailydolar:

ok. thanks i have this in mind also
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Immafrank: 7:33pm On Dec 18, 2017
hillsiderfak:

ok. thanks i have this in mind also

The best way is to find a company you have access to or you know somebody on the inside preferably and direct your transcript there and get it by hand. No school is gonna give you transcript by hand except the student copy. That's my take! I did mine online though cuz my school has a platform where u can apply for your transcript online.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 18, 2017
Immafrank:

The best way is to find a company you have access to or you know somebody on the inside preferably and direct your transcript there and get it by hand. No school is gonna give you transcript by hand except the student copy. That's my take! I did mine online though cuz my school has a platform where u can apply for your transcript online.

I collected mine by hand. I also have friends that collected theirs own by hand. If you know the right connection, believe you me, you will get the original copy by hand..But I go with your suggestion anyway.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by oladejitaiwo(m): 8:48pm On Dec 18, 2017
Hello Gurus and emeritus in the House.

I seriously need your attention and more clarification on My issues listed below;

I got a mail update from uni.assist stating the pre checked evaluation of My 3 universities i Applied for. Unfortunately, i was told the My degree grade of 4,6 of 7,0 was not qualified one of the schools i Applied for- Rhein waal uni. They furthered that My grade was converted to 2,8 meanwhile Rhein Saal minimum requirement is 2,0 which made me disqualified for the course i Applied for.

Moreover, i calculated My degree grade myself using the stated Formular and i got 2,3 -that contradicts uni.assist result. My fear here is, i dont want uni.ASSIST to use the 2,8 AS My grade scale in order not to reduce My Chance of admission for the remaining school.

Please House, help me convert My degree grade of 4,6 of 7,0 and let me See your out come if uni.assist is right or Me!
Find the attached shot for more clarification

Bitte, ich erwarte ihre Antworten.

Vielen dank.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dailydolar(m): 9:09pm On Dec 18, 2017
oladejitaiwo:

I seriously need your attention and more clarification on My issues listed below;

I got a mail update from uni.assist stating the pre checked evaluation of My 3 universities i Applied for. Unfortunately, i was told the My degree grade of 4,6 of 7,0 was not qualified one of the schools i Applied for- Rhein waal uni. They furthered that My grade was converted to 2,8 meanwhile Rhein Saal minimum requirement is 2,0 which made me disqualified for the course i Applied for.

Moreover, i calculated My degree grade myself using the stated Formular and i got 2,3 -that contradicts uni.assist result. My fear here is, i dont want uni.ASSIST to use the 2,8 AS My grade scale in order not to reduce My Chance of admission for the remaining school.

Please House, help me convert My degree grade of 4,6 of 7,0 and let me See your out come if uni.assist is right or Me!

Vielen dank.

well am not sure theres any thing we can do than to pray u get admission from the other 2 they have decided that you qualify for cos from what you wrote they want 2.0 and you have 2.2(by what i converted ) and 2.8-(uniassist) and 2.3 by u so in all you still didnt meet the required qualification by the school. So pray the other 2 they are sending your documwnt to should be favourable or better still u can apply to more schools too.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by almeida3: 9:31pm On Dec 18, 2017
oladejitaiwo:

Vielen dank.

MODIFIED

Hello! Send uniassist a mail immediately and inquire how they came about the 2.8. Because I can see they used Nmin as 1, Nmax as 7 and Nd as 4.6. Dont let them cheat you. Except they can come up with another formular or a better explanation of how they were able to slash your GPA from 2.2 to 2.8....0.6 is really huge It will definately affect the other apps.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by oladejitaiwo(m): 9:36pm On Dec 18, 2017
almeida3:

Hello! Send uniassist a mail immediately and inquire how they came about the 2.8. Because I can see they used Nmin as 1, Nmax as 7 and Nd as 4.6. Dont let them cheat you. Except they can come up with another formular or a better explanation of how they were able to slash your GPA from 2.3 to 2.8. It will definately affect the other apps.

Thanks. Although My first calculation was 2.2 later when i used the Formular Lister above i got 2.3( if not mistake). I think the best thing to do now is to write to uni.ASSIST.

Others, you can help me look into this. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by almeida3: 9:40pm On Dec 18, 2017
oladejitaiwo:

Thanks. Although My first calculation was 2.2 later when i used the Formular Lister above i got 2.3( if not mistake). I think the best thing to do now is to write to uni.ASSIST.

Others, you can help me look into this. Thanks
Its actually 2.2 ohh. Please mail them ASAP. There must have been a mix up somewhere. Give them a good breakdown of your grading system again and request they reevaluate you because they obviously made a mistake with grave consequence. What school did you graduate from btw?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by oladejitaiwo(m): 10:39pm On Dec 18, 2017
almeida3:

Its actually 2.2 ohh. Please mail them ASAP. There must have been a mix up somewhere. Give them a good breakdown of your grading system again and request they reevaluate you because they obviously made a mistake with grave consequence. What school did you graduate from btw?

I graduated from university of ibadan/
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Arigold007: 3:33am On Dec 19, 2017
Pls häus what is the most affordable health insurance to use if someone receives AM as I read about the AIICO insurance being rejected by the embassy.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dailydolar(m): 7:30am On Dec 19, 2017
Arigold007:
Pls häus what is the most affordable health insurance to use if someone receives AM as I read about the AIICO insurance being rejected by the embassy.
thats not true AIICO was not rejected the guy was not even going for student visa so na different ball game entirely so worry not

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by UrennaNkoli(f): 7:44am On Dec 19, 2017
I graduated more than 10 yrs ago but I intend going for another undergraduate degree. Please can those in germany recommend any university that teaches in english?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dailydolar(m): 7:51am On Dec 19, 2017
UrennaNkoli:
I graduated more than 10 yrs ago but I intend going for another undergraduate degree. Please can those in germany recommend any university that teaches in english?
read previours page of the forum or go to daad.de and do an advance search for the course you want am sure u will get as many course as possible
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ibnkokumo(m): 8:04am On Dec 19, 2017
Good Morning, if you think you have booked your appointment wrongly, please, contact the embassy.

The day I was filling my Appointment booking details, I added my phone number where passport number should be, thanks to Jigba who advised me to contact them and also booked another appointment on my behalf for January 31st (looks too late though, aber was kann man tun? grin nichts), I contacted the embassy by mail, I was shocked to hear;

Dear Sir / Madam,
no appointment has been booked with the mentioned email address.
Sincerely yours,

Visa Section

Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany Lagos

I've been Jonzing since December 1st 2017 cheesy cheesy . I'm still hoping they can help.
Jigba is my heroine smiley

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by BabaEuro: 9:37am On Dec 19, 2017
dailydolar:
read previours page of the forum or go to daad.de and do an advance search for the course you want am sure u will get as many course as possible
Bros why don't you apply for masters? After 10 years, one would expect you to take a step further by going for Masters instead of another undergraduate again.It's possible sha! but be prepared to answer questions regarding why you want to pursue another undergraduate degree when you already have one over 10 years ago. You really need to convince visa consulate on this.

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Talk2bryant(m): 10:36am On Dec 19, 2017
I need some advise here, I can't raise £8640 before January for the block account, I can raise it after then though, my booking is for January 8 and I'm caught between deferring the admission and cancelling the booking or wait for a miracle. The other option of a German sponsor came up short as the person has a commitment already, got the news this morning. Is there a way I can go around this?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by seeker63(m): 11:38am On Dec 19, 2017
Talk2bryant:
I need some advise here, I can't raise £8640 before January for the block account, I can raise it after then though, my booking is for January 8 and I'm caught between deferring the admission and cancelling the booking or wait for a miracle. The other option of a German sponsor came up short as the person has a commitment already, got the news this morning. Is there a way I can go around this?

Man, you can go for your interview without funding your account to the required amount...You just hav e to be able to fund before a certain date which the embassy will communicate to you if and when your visa is going to get approve....you don't need to cancel/defer ur appointment and admission just yet...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Abimbola2018: 11:49am On Dec 19, 2017
Please house how to i send a personal message to someone through nairaland am new here
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 19, 2017
Abimbola2018:
Please house how to i send a personal message to someone through nairaland am new here

Go to the person's profile and click 'Send Email message to......'

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (514)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.