Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (472) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (694095 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Zeus201(m): 11:11am On Jun 05, 2018
cjall:
Had my interview today, my transcript. Got to the embassy by 5.30am. Paulinus appeared some minutes to 7am. He was really tough. He was using me as an example to shout at the others guys durring arrangement of doc. He really messed one guy up. As at when I was through with my interview around8.30am I saw the young man on my way out still outside. We were abt 5 people for student visa.
The interview lasted abt 55 minutes. Iwas interviewed by a slim black lady on low dredlocks.
Vo: What are you going for
Vo: Which university
Vo: How many campus do they have. (I didn't answer this part very well cos I couldn't pronounce the name well)
Vo: Have u learnt the language even though ur program is in English
Vo:are you married, if so where is ur marriage cert. (I didn't go with mine)
Vo: What type of government does Germany use.
Vo: Have you funded, no. When will you fund
Vo: Who is your sponsor.
Vo: Who is your contact person in the university
Vo: Tell me facts you know abt Germany.( we spent a lot of time here. She wanted me to keep telling her facts.
Vo: What are your plans after your study
Vo: That will be all you would hear from us.

Thanks for this, I really appreciate you sharing this questions and experience with us. I pray you pass in flying colors.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Humraaaaz: 11:20am On Jun 05, 2018
bykomartin:

I think Euro has gone down now...abokifx is N423
Is there any better rate...I want to buy into my Euro dom acct and fund my finitiba from there

Also the amount needed is 8,829 euro, how many euros do i need to buy incase of bank charges for the transaction

what if i buy 9000, and about 100 euros remain in my dom acct, can the bank give it to me cash?

also how many euros do i need to have in cash wen i land in germany

Buy 9000€, Be very careful wen funding with dom account especially first bank's dom account.... First note that theres bank charge and also intermediary bank charge (which is about 40€ per transfer irrespective of the amount)......

In some banks the intermediary bank charge can be set in a way that the sender pays, So u will need to put that into consideration.

If the bank sets it in a way that the receiver pays the 40€, they will debit the 40€ from your fintiba account instead of your Nigerian dom account. for example, If your decide to transfer 8829€ to your account under this option, it means only about 8789€ will get to ur fintiba account. This means no blocking confirmation cos its below minimun amount for blocking. Also will have to pay again to top it up meaning additional 40€ + Nigerian bank charge

5 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by bykomartin: 11:27am On Jun 05, 2018
Humraaaaz:

Buy 9000€, Be very careful wen funding with dom account especially first bank's dom account.... First note that theres bank charge and also intermediary bank charge (which is about 40€ per transfer irrespective of the amount)......

In some banks the intermediary bank charge can be set in a way that the sender pays, So u will need to put that into consideration.

If the bank sets it in a way that the receiver pays the 40€, they will debit the 40€ from your fintiba account instead of your Nigerian dom account. for example, If your decide to transfer 8829€ to your account under this option, it means only about 8789€ will get to ur fintiba account. This means no blocking confirmation cos its below minimun amount for blocking. Also will have to pay again to top it up meaning additional 40€ + Nigerian bank charge

Thank you so much.
How about the other part of the question.

what if i buy 9000, and about 100 euros remain in my dom acct after the transaction, can the bank give it to me cash?
If they wont give me, why not i buy 8,900 euros so that there will be remaining small cash after the transaction.

also how many euros (minimum) do i need to have in cash wen i land in germany b4 i hv access to my fintiba funds?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by chriskitis: 11:41am On Jun 05, 2018
Please, has any one who applied for visa interview after 3PM yesterday (Monday) gotten a response ?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by chrisb2r200: 11:51am On Jun 05, 2018
ubsilas:

My brother I haven't ...I'm still running up and down
OK....but where can one get it done?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by fluxyn(m): 12:10pm On Jun 05, 2018
Natalife:
Hi guys in Germany. Pls l need advice. I got admissions in these three universities. Pls which one is better for me in terms of job opportunities and living expenses.

FSU Jena

FAU Erlangen

University of Siegen

Secondly. They visa application for is written in German. How do l feel this form.

Hey congrats please what course and what’s ur Naija gpa like and how long did it take Fau to give you admission
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by RalphVwede(m): 12:24pm On Jun 05, 2018
chrisb2r200:

OK....but where can one get it done?
Go to Zenith bank, Ikeja just before the bridge. I went to confirm. They asked which country and how much, and told me it's possible. Form A. I haven't actualized it though.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Lalaski001: 12:36pm On Jun 05, 2018
ubsilas:

My brother I haven't ...I'm still running up and down

I am in the same boat with you o. I did apply for form A with Stanbic IBTC Bank since last week Monday, and I have not heard from them till now. This funding thing is really becoming stressful.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Natalife: 1:03pm On Jun 05, 2018
fluxyn:

Hey congrats please what course and what’s ur Naija gpa like

Hmmm is OK, although l have finished Masters going for Second Masters in interdisciplinary
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Natalife: 1:10pm On Jun 05, 2018
samajayi1:

The "school ID card" I read in this post is so helpful. I've been worried sick how I'm going to get my local government identification back dated. I don't have either immunization or baptisimal card either. But I still have my undergraduate ID card.

Please for emphasis and confirmation sake, have we anybody here who have used school ID card before?

Pls l really need help. I don't even have school ID card. It was collected in exchange of my certificate.

Pls can l use my official school receipt.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by MaroCruz(m): 1:21pm On Jun 05, 2018
Natalife:

Pls l really need help. I don't even have school ID card. It was collected in exchange of my certificate.

Pls can l use my official school receipt.

Receipt ain't a means of identification now

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by MaroCruz(m): 1:22pm On Jun 05, 2018
Reichtum:

This kind of situation is the cause of our problem.
You have successfully wasted a booking slot and looking for another one.
Who knows how many people are in your situation cry
If we have all been following the protocol, there would have been more slots for all.
Let's be orderly and stop giving embassy wrong impression.

Well said, I doubt anyone get's those cancelled slots tbh. Cos even with the cancelling of dates, we don't hear of anyone given dates earlier than August

5 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by manuel04(m): 1:40pm On Jun 05, 2018
Please who knows the specific amount to be deposited into Deutsche Bank block account, 8,640 euro is specified in the opening form and there's also additional processing charges of 150 euro I will like to know if that's all the amount needed to be deposited, Guru in the house kindly respond.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by saxony2018: 1:46pm On Jun 05, 2018
I applied 6:50am and still waiting for response. My enrollment date is September 3rd

Am literally confused
chriskitis:
Please, has any one who applied for visa interview after 3PM yesterday (Monday) gotten a response ?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ubsilas(m): 1:49pm On Jun 05, 2018
Lalaski001:

I am in the same boat with you o. I did apply for form A with Stanbic IBTC Bank since last week Monday, and I have not heard from them till now. This funding thing is really becoming stressful.

My issue is not even with the form A, i used form A (Zenith Bank) today to pay my admission fees but they said Form A cant be used for blocked account because the account i am funding bears my name. Well next stop now is Union Bank, HQ as suggested here by someone.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ubsilas(m): 1:54pm On Jun 05, 2018
RalphVwede:

Go to Zenith bank, Ikeja just before the bridge. I went to confirm. They asked which country and how much, and told me it's possible. Form A. I haven't actualized it though.

If it is the one at Oba Akran, please this info is wrong. i spent my whole day there today trying to explain to them but i was told its not possible using Form A except u open a domiciliary account, then do a direct transfer to your account, even at that you still have to source for euros from the black market to fund the domiciliary account before u can transfer.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Lalaski001: 1:56pm On Jun 05, 2018
ubsilas:

My issue is not even with the form A, i used form A (Zenith Bank) today to pay my admission fees but they said Form A cant be used for blocked account because the account i am funding bears my name. Well next stop now is Union Bank, HQ as suggested here by someone.

Perhaps you didn't explain well to them. Form A can also be used to pay Living expenses which is what the blocked account is for.
But, you will need an official breakdown of the leaving expenses signed and stamped by your school for the bank to process it for you.

Has the funds been deducted from your account for the Form A schools fees payment you made??

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Bellss: 2:00pm On Jun 05, 2018
MaroCruz:

Well said, I doubt anyone get's those cancelled slots tbh. Cos even with the cancelling of dates, we don't hear of anyone given dates earlier than August

Guy cool down, the guy asked d questn on my bi1/2, i applied to some schls but they havent responded. Osnabruck said next week while the other schools will be after my appointment date which is 20th of june, thats d reason for the questn. With that, i have a confirmation of application from hamburg back up with email from d school that i shld use it for visa purpose
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ubsilas(m): 2:08pm On Jun 05, 2018
Lalaski001:

Perhaps you didn't explain well to them. Form A can also be used to pay Living expenses which is what the blocked account is for.
But, you will need an official breakdown of the leaving expenses signed and stamped by your school for the bank to process it for you.

Has the funds been deducted from your account for the Form A schools fees payment you made??

Hmm na wa, my school had sent me a signed document stating the official breakdown of the living expenses thing, but what they said in Zenith Bank is that Form A for school purposes has provision for only TUITION, like i went to both branches and they said the same thing.

No, they havent yet, it is only the Form A processing charge of N5k that has been deducted.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Natalife: 2:19pm On Jun 05, 2018
fluxyn:

Hey congrats please what course and what’s ur Naija gpa like and how long did it take Fau to give you admission

I applied for M. Sc. Molecular Science.

And M. Sc. Chemistry
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Natalife: 2:28pm On Jun 05, 2018
fluxyn:

In calculating in German grading system is about 1.9 but in Nigeria System 5.1/ 7.0
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Lalaski001: 2:28pm On Jun 05, 2018
ubsilas:

Hmm na wa, my school had sent me a signed document stating the official breakdown of the living expenses thing, but what they said in Zenith Bank is that Form A for school purposes has provision for only TUITION, like i went to both branches and they said the same thing.

No, they havent yet, it is only the Form A processing charge of N5k that has been deducted.

Ok, these banks can be funny sha. Some people have mentioned here that that used Zenith bank successfully, so I wonder why they are saying No now. Perhaps you need to go to their head office.

On your tuition, since the bank charge has been deducted, it means the processing will be completed very soon.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by petlaz: 2:32pm On Jun 05, 2018
Natalife:

I applied for M. Sc. Molecular Science.

And M. Sc. Chemistry
Congratulations boss
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by AgentONE(m): 2:35pm On Jun 05, 2018
Kryptomeniac:

I sent them a simple appointment booking mail ( not letter) since 1st June, and a second one by 3am yesterday. I attached my international passport, admission letter and a copy of "make the transfer" fintiba block account doc sent to me upon confirmation (I hope this is the right doc to submitted). Up till now, I have been checking my mail and no reply yet. Meanwhile enrollment starts 27th August and ends 11th October. Can I resend another mail in case I don't get the reply today or will that affect me in any way in terms of getting a date??

Do write them another mail, adding all the necessary info required of you but also state your enrollment deadline in the mail, hope it helps
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by markwill3444: 2:45pm On Jun 05, 2018
Good day house please is it possible to change my application letter I booked for visa appointment using SRH Berlin but I would like to show up with an admission letter from Oldenburg university, I made my blocked account payment using SRH Berlin and NOT Oldenburg university...please any advice would appreciated badly
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by jelmusboy(m): 2:47pm On Jun 05, 2018
Which one among the first two am I supposed to choose for Fintiba account?

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by engrola00001(m): 2:49pm On Jun 05, 2018
ajeleseujn:

Both cities are cool for student jobs and beyond. Aachen is being surrounded with good cities where you can still double your hustle, likewise Nuremberg, but the main factor is - learn German!

Also, you have to compare their living expenses at both ends, I heard Bavaria is generally expensive compared to other states.

Any which way, we go rough am with God's goodness.

Good morning
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (514)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.