Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

5: SEO Strategies Hurting Your Online Business - Ngtrendnetwork - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5: SEO Strategies Hurting Your Online Business - Ngtrendnetwork (390 Views)

Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) / Powerful SEO Strategies That Will Make Your Business Grow / Top 5 Strategies Millionaire Entrepreneur Use To Make Money Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5: SEO Strategies Hurting Your Online Business - Ngtrendnetwork by Talktoatanda: 8:25am On Jul 24, 2017
You've probably heard of link building, but have you spent time and energy on building a plan?

What if they waste all your budget and don't deliver any results?

It's important to understand link building practices and how Google can change your website -- especially with Google's recent updates.

While working with clients through my agency, Taco, I come across a few common mistakes website owners make as they build links. And even though there are fantastic guides talking about link building, I see these mistakes over and over again.

Here are six link building strategies that hurt your SEO efforts and how to fix them.

1. Building links to home page links

It seems logical to send all of your SEO power to your homepage because that's where you want everyone to start. But, it's wrong. In fact, it's probably one of the biggest SEO myths. The homepage shouldn't be used for your top phrases.

I know you're asking right now, "But then how do I target the key phrases I want to rank for?"

You should build out content-rich subpages in your site to target those phrases, then build backlinks to those pages. By following this method, you will have links going to many pages on your site, not just your home page. This is a much more natural way to build links to your website.

2. Too much keyword anchor text

As I mentioned in the previous section, your homepage is not the place to target all of your important key phrases. Use it instead for building the brand and creating trust with the search engines.

So, when you are building links to your home page, the majority of the anchors should come from your brand or some form of your URL.

Most SEO strategies want to build links that have their important phrases as the anchor, but according to the research done by SEOJet, only 3 percent of your links should have an exact match as an anchor text.

This principle of building branded links also applies to subpages, if you want your link profile to look really natural, you need to have some anchor texts that have no key phrase at all, some links with the URL as the anchor, and some with your brand as the anchor.

This is how other website owners would link to you naturally. It is unreasonable to think that anyone who ever linked to you because they loved your site would use your main key phrase as the anchor. So, you can't do it either.

3. Not enough nofollow links

Continue Reading click here http://www.ngtrendnetwork.com.ng/2017/07/5-seo-strategies-hurting-your-online.html

(1) (Reply)

Distributors Wanted / Business Plan Assignment / HELP Your NIGERIA Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.