Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,047 members, 7,814,592 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Help On Camry 2005 Le - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help On Camry 2005 Le (1564 Views)

Odometer And Speedometer Stops Showing At High Temperature Weather On Camry 98 / P0016 Error On Camry 2005 / 205/70/R15 On Camry 2001: Auto Gurus And Those With Experience Please Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help On Camry 2005 Le by Mist100: 12:41pm On Jul 24, 2017
I am planning on buying a camry 2005 Le ( Bigdaddy) from an OLX dealer. These are my observations:

1. The engine has been changed since march and mileage is 87,000
2. The audio and cruise controls are absent on steering wheel
3. The car looks really clean because it has been baked and painted.

What do you think. Please what features am I suppose to look out for in the 2005 camry?

Going price 1M.

Thanks for your response.
Re: Help On Camry 2005 Le by princetom1(m): 12:57pm On Jul 24, 2017
Mist100:
I am planning on buying a camry 2005 Le ( Bigdaddy) from an OLX dealer. These are my observations:

1. The engine has been changed since march and mileage is 87,000
2. The audio and cruise controls are absent on steering wheel
3. The car looks really clean because it has been baked and painted.

What do you think. Please what features am I suppose to look out for in the 2005 camry?

Going price 1M.

Thanks for your response.

Run for your life...
Re: Help On Camry 2005 Le by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 24, 2017
princetom1:

Run for your life...

Why? A 2005 Camry is too cheap for 1m?
Re: Help On Camry 2005 Le by princetom1(m): 1:21pm On Jul 24, 2017
greenhulk:

Why? A 2005 Camry is too cheap for 1m?

Because the mechanic workshop will be his second home with the little he has observed (there are surely more wen look carefully)
Re: Help On Camry 2005 Le by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 24, 2017
princetom1:

Because the mechanic workshop will be his second home with the little he has observed (there are surely more wen look carefully)

How r u so sure? What observations if I may ask? That the engine has been changed? So what? That makes it even better if the engine was changed to a very good one... Just like gazzuzz has changed the engine of his 09 accord, would u say run for ur life for anyone that wants to buy it? Or because it has been oven baked... So as gazzuzz is doing body work on his accord u would say run for ur life for anyone that wants to buy it?

Or is it because it doesn't have audio control on the steering wheel? Of course it's an LE, Steering control is available on the XLE. I once had a 2005 Accord DX without steering controls but it'd available on the ex models. And 2005 Camry cruise control is not on the steering wheel, it is located on a lever behind the steering wheel.

@op go with ur mechanic, if the car is free from errors and drives fine then buy it.

1 Like

Re: Help On Camry 2005 Le by princetom1(m): 1:34pm On Jul 24, 2017
greenhulk:

How r u so sure? What observations if I may ask? That the engine has been changed? So what? That makes it even better if the engine was changed to a very good one... Just like gazzuzz has changed the engine of his 09 accord, would u say run for ur life for anyone that wants to buy it? Or because it has been oven baked... So as gazzuzz is doing body work on his accord u would say run for ur life for anyone that wants to buy it?

Or is it because it doesn't have audio control on the steering wheel? Of course it's an LE, Steering control is available on the XLE. I once had a 2005 score DX without steering controls but it'd available on the ex models. And 2005 Camry cruise control is not on the steering wheel, it is located on a lever behind the steering wheel.

@op go with ur mechanic, if the car is free from errors and drives fine then buy it.

Will only answer u with this few, wen a good Job is done, nothing will go missing.. .
OP, run for ur life o, all these road side mechanics that likes joining joining will tell u all is well, only for u to start experiencing all sort of issues after buying it...
Re: Help On Camry 2005 Le by boldx(m): 1:45pm On Jul 24, 2017
Try and scan the car so see if there are hidden faults or better still if the OBD 2 port is working. If its not working, take a chill pill.

Hope the car is NOT accidented. Just asking.

Check the airbag lights on dashboard if they come on and go off at start up... in addition to other checks.
Re: Help On Camry 2005 Le by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 24, 2017
princetom1:

Will only answer u with this few, wen a good Job is done, nothing will go missing.. .
OP, run for ur life o, all these road side mechanics that likes joining joining will tell u all is well, only for u to start experiencing all sort of issues after buying it...

LOL. I don't know the op, neither do I know the car he's trying to buy. But ur assumptions are too vague. What is missing in the car? Steering wheel controls that is not standard on all models, only standard on XLE models? Didn't the op state the car is LE. Some people sef.

below is a typical 2002- 05 camry LE, show me the steering wheel controls, or u will say run for ur life for anyone that wants to buy this. Mtcheeew.

3 Likes

Re: Help On Camry 2005 Le by Mist100: 3:27pm On Jul 24, 2017
greenhulk:

LOL. I don't know the op, neither do I know the car he's trying to buy. But ur assumptions are too vague. What is missing in the car? Steering wheel controls that is not standard on all models, only standard on XLE models? Didn't the op state the car is LE. Some people sef.

below is a typical 2002- 05 camry LE, show me the steering wheel controls, or u will say run for ur life for anyone that wants to buy this. Mtcheeew.

I have been on you tube all day. Every of the Camry 2005 LE editions come with the controls.

My fear is that vehicle may have been thoroughly overhauled only for it to spring surprises later.
Re: Help On Camry 2005 Le by Mist100: 3:37pm On Jul 24, 2017
Here are the pictures. Like I said the once on Youtube have those steering controls but this does not. I dont want to be sold a badly worked car.

Re: Help On Camry 2005 Le by Mist100: 3:38pm On Jul 24, 2017
Is it possible for a vehicle to be overhauled to this level of internal neatness?
Re: Help On Camry 2005 Le by locutas: 3:41pm On Jul 24, 2017
Mist100:
Here are the pictures. Like I said the once on Youtube have those steering controls but this does not. I dont want to be sold a badly worked car.

No electroluminescent gauges either. Definitely not an 05. Any of 02-04, but definitely not an 05.

1 Like

Re: Help On Camry 2005 Le by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 24, 2017
Mist100:

I think 05 models have steering controls as standard, maybe this is an 04. And sometimes these cars specs differ based on country of manufacture, so can still be an 05. Why not send the vin let's confirm the year and country of production. And go with a scanner to find out what the check engine light is about. Good thing abs and airbag lights are off.
Re: Help On Camry 2005 Le by Inception(m): 3:52pm On Jul 24, 2017
Mist100:

It is a 2002-2004 Toyota Camry. Without ABS from factory( more or less a base model).

the car's headlamps, tail lamps and front bumper was just upgraded to an 05 model.

Next time i would advise you run a VIN check....

1 Like

Re: Help On Camry 2005 Le by Mist100: 5:03pm On Jul 24, 2017
more response please
Re: Help On Camry 2005 Le by valarinz: 5:18pm On Jul 24, 2017
Mist100:
more response please

Which more responses again kwa, if you wan buy car then just go ahead and buy it na, else move on. That car is neat, just that the dealer lied about the year model, probably just bought rear lights and headlamps

Besides, I thought its only Volvo/bmw cars that are wack, are you running scared of buying a Toyota car? Its invincible bro, no need to fear
Re: Help On Camry 2005 Le by Inception(m): 5:20pm On Jul 24, 2017
valarinz:

Which more responses again kwa, if you wan buy car then just go ahead and buy it na, else move on. That car is neat, just that the dealer lied about the year model, probably just bought rear lights and headlamps

Besides, I thought its only Volvo/bmw cars that are wack, are you running scared of buying a Toyota car? Its invincible bro, no need to fear

grin

1 Like

Re: Help On Camry 2005 Le by Mist100: 5:27pm On Jul 24, 2017
valarinz:

my friend there is nothing wrong seeking as much opinion ad possible. You obviously have nothing to say or offer.
Re: Help On Camry 2005 Le by boldx(m): 5:28pm On Jul 24, 2017
valarinz:

I wanted to say you don't need more responses online until Valarinz commented.
Are you asking for help for mechanical or electrical problem?

You have done a YouTube download already. If I want to buy that car, my worries should not be on steering controls alone.

Take mechanics or trusted friends there and check out the car.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help On Camry 2005 Le by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 24, 2017
boldx:

I wanted to say you don't need more responses online until Valarinz commented.
Are you asking for help for mechanical or electrical problem?

You have done a YouTube download already. If I want to buy that car, my worries should not be on steering controls alone.

Take mechanics or trusted friends there and check out the car.

Correct. The car is neat enough, steering control or not.. its probably an 02-04 camry LE they don't have steeering control. We have asked him to post the vin but he hasn't and he's still looking for opinions. @op go with mechanic, scan the car, drive it. If it checks fine buy it, if ur not satisfied look elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: Help On Camry 2005 Le by computerglobal(m): 12:06am On Jul 25, 2017
Inception:

It is a 2002-2004 Toyota Camry. Without ABS from factory( more or less a base model).

the car's headlamps, tail lamps and front bumper was just upgraded to an 05 model.

Next time i would advise you run a VIN check....

Run Your Vin Here
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal
Re: Help On Camry 2005 Le by timifakay(m): 12:44am On Jul 25, 2017
Seems you really want to buy this car and just want opinions though it's very unlikely you change your mind.
But here goes my observations.
Cost of baking a car: assume 100k
Cost of engine (2AZ-FE) replacement: assume 350k
Cost of body kit: assume 50k
Check engine light: ON
Engine RPM at idle: over 1,000
Temperature guage: low
Odometer reading: rolled back (what would make anyone change the engine of a car with so little mileage?)

Please do not take my word concerning prices as final. Do a market survey to be sure.

1 Like

Re: Help On Camry 2005 Le by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 25, 2017
timifakay:
Seems you really want to buy this car and just want opinions though it's very unlikely you change your mind.
But here goes my observations.
Cost of baking a car: assume 100k
Cost of engine (2AZ-FE) replacement: assume 350k
Cost of body kit: assume 50k
Check engine light: ON
Engine RPM at idle: over 1,000
Temperature guage: low

Odometer reading: rolled back (what would make anyone change the engine of a car with so little mileage?)

Please do not take my word concerning prices as final. Do a market survey to be sure.

The bold part is not necessarily true. Maybe he took the picture after a cold start, so rpm will be a little high which also explains the temperature gauge being low... Or does ur own car's temperature guage just rise to normal as soon as u give ur car a cold start? Just saying.
Re: Help On Camry 2005 Le by timifakay(m): 2:26pm On Jul 25, 2017
greenhulk:

The bold part is not necessarily true. Maybe he took the picture after a cold start, so rpm will be a little high which also explains the temperature gauge being low... Or does ur own car's temperature guage just rise to normal as soon as u give ur car a cold start? Just saying.

No sir.

(1) (Reply)

Watch:Jeep Cherokee's Front Tyre Pops Off And Smashes Into Oncoming Nissan / What Distance Can #19,000 Fuel Cover / Place To Learn Auto Air Conditioning Repair In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.