Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Anyone Flown Into Port Harcourt Recently? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Flown Into Port Harcourt Recently? (1883 Views)

Has Anyone Flown With Rwanda Airline To Dubai Recently? / Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? / Atlast Belvic Global Ventures Flown All Their Applicants To Can: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone Flown Into Port Harcourt Recently? by visitor300: 6:37am On Feb 07, 2010
Hi, I am considering flying into Port Harcourt from the U.S. Previously I have flown into Lagos but since I am staying in Imo State I would prefer to fly straight into Port. Anyone have any information on this particular airport since it has been renovated recently? Any information is appreciated smiley
Re: Anyone Flown Into Port Harcourt Recently? by THEAMAKA(f): 6:40am On Feb 07, 2010
same question i have.
i hope they are re-opened to international service so i never have to fly into Lagos ever again.
so much easier.
my home is only about 1hr 20min from PH Airport, much more convenient.
you're from Imo State too?
what a coincidence. smiley
Re: Anyone Flown Into Port Harcourt Recently? by visitor300: 6:43am On Feb 07, 2010
Yes, they do have international flights now via Lufthansa and Air france. I am not from Imo State but am going to visit someone there. I have been there several times though but never been able to fly direct.
Re: Anyone Flown Into Port Harcourt Recently? by THEAMAKA(f): 6:52am On Feb 07, 2010
OHHHHH I see.
interesting.
yeah i came in through Air France before.
thanks!!  cheesy
and i really doubt they have direct flights there. im pretty sure you'll still have to stop in Europe somewhere.
Re: Anyone Flown Into Port Harcourt Recently? by visitor300: 7:02am On Feb 07, 2010
No, not direct but closer than Lagos! smiley
Re: Anyone Flown Into Port Harcourt Recently? by noblegas2(m): 7:10am On Feb 07, 2010
Der is a direct flight 4rm Paris CDG to port harcourt n its normaly lyk 3 times a week while U can fly 4rm Paris CDG to lagos 2wice daily! Ha! Lagos rocks.lol
Re: Anyone Flown Into Port Harcourt Recently? by shilling(f): 8:11am On Feb 07, 2010
visitor300:

Hi, I am considering flying into Port Harcourt from the U.S. Previously I have flown into Lagos but since I am staying in Imo State I would prefer to fly straight into Port. Anyone have any information on this particular airport since it has been renovated recently? Any information is appreciated smiley

Good question. Was also wondering about that. It can be such a hassle taking connecting flights in Naija. Dec '09: saw two women fighting at Murtala Mohd Airport, the tipsy one came close to hurling a bottle of beer at her the other woman. September '09: Rude flight attendant who told me to keep my handbag literally under the next seat, who does that?
Re: Anyone Flown Into Port Harcourt Recently? by sandee575(f): 11:17am On Feb 07, 2010
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I am considering flying into Port Harcourt from the U.S. Previously I have flown into Lagos but since I am staying in Imo State I would prefer to fly straight into Port. Anyone have any information on this particular airport since it has been renovated recently? Any information is appreciated 

I can assure you that Port Harcourt airport is fully functional and the foreign airlines
flying there wouldnt do so if there were serious problems that would compromise their
flight operations especially when one considers the stature of these airlines ie Air France
and Lufthansa. Your decision to fly direct to Port Harcourt is a good one. Safe flight always.
Re: Anyone Flown Into Port Harcourt Recently? by visitor300: 2:38pm On Feb 07, 2010
To Sandee: Thanks for your input, I will probably definitely fly straight into Port
To Noble: You are right, Lagos does rock and i will miss shopping there! LOL
To Shilling: I did not want to take a connecting flight either. Air France and Lufthansa both just do a stop, one in Lagos and one in Abuja and then they continue on to Port

Thanks again everyone for your input! smiley
Re: Anyone Flown Into Port Harcourt Recently? by shilling(f): 8:13pm On Feb 07, 2010
sandee575:

I can assure you that Port Harcourt airport is fully functional and the foreign airlines
flying there wouldnt do so if there were serious problems that would compromise their
flight operations especially when one considers the stature of these airlines ie Air France
and Lufthansa. Your decision to fly direct to Port Harcourt is a good one. Safe flight always.

Thanks for the info.
Re: Anyone Flown Into Port Harcourt Recently? by Vicjustice: 9:35pm On Feb 07, 2010
visitor300:

To Sandee: Thanks for your input, I will probably definitely fly straight into Port
To Noble: You are right, Lagos does rock and i will miss shopping there! LOL
To Shilling: I did not want to take a connecting flight either. Air France and Lufthansa both just do a stop, one in Lagos and one in Abuja and then they continue on to Port

Thanks again everyone for your input! smiley
My friend, that's not the case, neither Air France nor Lufthansa make transit in Lagos or Abuja: flying from the United States to any operating airport in Nigeria, there's usually only one transit which is logically in the home country of the airliner, and once the transit it fulfilled, the rest of the trip in direct flight to the destination city. These international airline companies do not have the licence to operate domestically in Nigeria.
Re: Anyone Flown Into Port Harcourt Recently? by shilling(f): 11:58pm On Feb 07, 2010
I'm not sure I understand you. Let's assume I'm flying in from NY, I'll have to stop @ Lagos? Will this be a flight where I sit in the plane while more passengers are picked up? Or will I have to go get out and go to the domestic wing?

I tried searching though, couldn't find any flights into PH.
Re: Anyone Flown Into Port Harcourt Recently? by visitor300: 12:27am On Feb 08, 2010
Go to airfrance.com. It seems that they stop in Lagos for an hour and continue to Port. I checked multiple travel websites as a matter a fact and they have the same thing.
Re: Anyone Flown Into Port Harcourt Recently? by visitor300: 12:32am On Feb 08, 2010
I am flying from Chicago but I would imagine you could get a flight from New York? And I believe it is just a stop I do not believe you are changing planes that's why they refer to it as a stop. I once took a plane to Lagos on Lufthansa that continued on to Abuja and I remember some passengers just stayed on the plane because they were going to Abuja. I am assuming this is the same thing but I will double check before I actually purchase the ticket smiley
Re: Anyone Flown Into Port Harcourt Recently? by shilling(f): 3:57am On Feb 08, 2010
gotcha.

(1) (Reply)

Visiting Canada / Obtaining A Yellow Fever Card / Lagos Nightlife: Top Five Places To Have An Unforgettable Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.